Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
Okay, I've taken the hint. Enough people have sent me PMs about donations so I've done something about it! Please remeber that you're not buying a license, the software, or priority support. All donations go towards purchasing additional Shadowrun books as they're released which means more content for Chummer. wink.gif Donations are done through PayPal. There will also be a Donate button in the About window in the next update.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 12 2012, 04:03 PM) *
The XML you have is missing a few elements that Chummer requires (it doesn't validate against the XSD file). Specifically, it's missing <rating>. When I add <rating> to them, they appear properly in my copy.

There is no way to mark a piece of Gear as being an allowable plugin for Cyberware or Weapons since they know nothing about Gear (and introduces a ton of complications). You can mark a piece of Gear as being allowed as an Armor plugin by include <armorcapacity>[1]</armorcapacity> (or whatever amount of Capacity it should consume). A Category automatically shows up in the list for Armor plugins if it has at least one item that can be added as an Armor plugin. The window basically adds all of the categories, then removes those that don't have at least one selectable item.

Cool on the armor. Is capacity zero allowed? Since they don't actually take up space, they just come with it built in.
Would it be possible to add something within the Cyberware, or Weapons data file that would work out as a mod or accessory?

The idea of course is to have all of these setup so that they can work as a Cluster. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 12 2012, 03:11 PM) *
Cool on the armor. Is capacity zero allowed? Since they don't actually take up space, they just come with it built in.
Would it be possible to add something within the Cyberware, or Weapons data file that would work out as a mod or accessory?

The idea of course is to have all of these setup so that they can work as a Cluster. smile.gif

Yup, <armorcapacity>[0]</armorcapacity> is perfectly valid. As long as it's 0 or higher, it's good. You could technically have something with a negative number which would add Capacity to the parent item (Bulk Modification for Cyberware actually does this). I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for with the Cyberware and Weapons thing. Are you looking for the ability to add Gear to Cyberware and Weapons? I'd like to get Commlinks working with Cyberware. If Gear plugins do eventually get allowed for these things, it would be fairly limited in its ability (like Armor - no sorting or anything else like that, and the Gear being limited to only one level of plugins).
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 12 2012, 04:39 PM) *
Yup, <armorcapacity>[0]</armorcapacity> is perfectly valid. As long as it's 0 or higher, it's good. You could technically have something with a negative number which would add Capacity to the parent item (Bulk Modification for Cyberware actually does this). I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for with the Cyberware and Weapons thing. Are you looking for the ability to add Gear to Cyberware and Weapons? I'd like to get Commlinks working with Cyberware. If Gear plugins do eventually get allowed for these things, it would be fairly limited in its ability (like Armor - no sorting or anything else like that, and the Gear being limited to only one level of plugins).

Basically according to the descriptions for Peripheral Devices they are in everything. Cyberware, Clothing, Armor, Weapons, the kitchen sink! You name it there is probably a Peripheral Device in it telling you if it's working properly, what's left in the fridge, what little jonny had for din din, etc...

In the case of a hacker, and to some degree a technomancer being able to take all of those Peripheral Devices you have on your person, within your gear and glom them together as a cluster can be useful, if not important.

They can also be upgraded, which just adds craziness to it.

Oh and the commlinks for cyberware could also include the Weapon Commlink. Gotta be able to talk to people with your gun! smile.gif
Nebular
Here's an idea that came up over the past week or so. Just wondering if anyone would actually put this to use. The idea is similar to Omae but for custom data. Wizard_Thoarin started a thread mid-last year for sharing custom data, but the thread hasn't been used for quite some time and is way back in the archives. Rather than sharing custom data across threads and websites where they're harder to find, they could be stored in a similar online repository. You'd select which custom files to include, give the package a name, and upload it. People can go through and grab custom content from one place within the app.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 12 2012, 04:48 PM) *
Here's an idea that came up over the past week or so. Just wondering if anyone would actually put this to use. The idea is similar to Omae but for custom data. Wizard_Thoarin started a thread mid-last year for sharing custom data, but the thread hasn't been used for quite some time and is way back in the archives. Rather than sharing custom data across threads and websites where they're harder to find, they could be stored in a similar online repository. You'd select which custom files to include, give the package a name, and upload it. People can go through and grab custom content from one place within the app.

That sounds cool.
Anomaly
There are too many posts to tell properly. So here it is (again?).

When I create a Free Spirit character for 250BP, they start at 2 for all attributes, as expected. However, the generator has charged an extra 135 build points to make them start "Maxed Out" at 2. This isn't a problem if the character doesn't remain at Force 2 because the maximums increase removing the cost. It's when it does remain at Force 2 for low BP characters that it is an issue.

I was thinking a simple test to see if "min attrib" != "max attrib" before calculating the "max out" BP cost might fix that...

In addition:

1 - Still finding my way around the generator. Sometimes gear is slightly difficult to locate. Would suggest using the exact same headings for Gear Categories as the books do to make it simpler.
2 - Another suggestion was adding file links to the book and page number references so those of us with ebooks can link the generator to where we store them then click the links and go straight to the relevant page if possible.
3 - It has cropped up by an insane GM in our group who likes to screw with your char by giving it mad critter powers after weird events in their scenarios that that ability in the generator might be nice.

All in all, by far, the very best character generator I or any of the other players and GMs in our group have ever encountered. We are all in total agreement on that, no dissent.
dragrubis
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 11 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Which Echo are you trying to add?

For exemple biowire then acceleration
I m in creation/w karma mode
Redjack
Started a new thread due to the size of this thread.

Please continue discussion HERE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012