Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
LonePaladin
I would like to see the Qualities list exclude items the character isn't eligible to take -- for instance, a human character shouldn't have "Human-Looking" visible on the list.

Also, it would be helpful if the items with ratings showed those ratings on the gear/cyber lists, so that you can see those figures without having to examine each item individually. (Yes, I know the printed character sheet shows these ratings.) Also, any item that can be bought in quantity should show that quantity on the list, so that you can easily spot goofs (like, say, buying only one bullet).
Nebular
I tried this once before and found that I couldn't get a multi-column tree to work properly. I found two other controls that may let me do this. I'm going to experiment with them over the next few days and see if I can get this to actually work. Hopefully one of them will actually play nicely and work with mixed objects. nyahnyah.gif
Conspiracy X
Sorry, for the confusion, but it's not the word SIM that's the problem.
In the XML file for PACKS

Under "The Basics" pack.
Line 2096 has qty instead of rating

<gear>
<name>Fake SIN</name>
<qty>3</qty>
</gear>

Should be:
<gear>
<name>Fake SIN</name>
<rating>3</rating>
</gear>
Nebular
Good catch. Looks like this was the only one like that. I'll have a fix out this evening.

LonePaladin: I took a look at trying to get things moved into a multi-column tree and it's just not feasible right now. The controls that I find that claim they do it don't allow you to have mixed objects (which is a must for Chummer), and those that allow mixed objects either have a completely different way of doing things that requires a massive amount of the app to be re-written and/or simply break when you try to change their column information, set properties, randomly hang the application, randomly crash the development environment, or simply don't work at all. I've looked at trying to move over to a list, but then I lose everything to do with hierarchy, both in displaying the data in a meaningful way (I could pad it with space to indent, but that's not a good solution), as well as knowing what is a parent and what is a child item which is required for a bunch of other logic. The Microsoft site briefly mentions that a prototype of a mutli-column tree might be inthe latest Windows SDK, but it's not there when you download it. Really wish there was a better way to handle this. frown.gif
Nebular
More stuff! (whatevs: the image thing is a quick fix to the character sheet file which can be updated on its own, so I can push that out whenever it's done rather than having to wait on code smile.gif)

Build 66
  • Armor and ArmorMods can now create Improvements
  • Weapons now correctly ignore the cost of Weapon Modifications that are included in their base configuration
  • fixed a bug that prevented Cyberware from adding plugins that come with it
  • Attributes display in the Select PACKS Kit window now automatically adjust for the character's Metatype
  • both character sheets now work for printing both single and multiple characters
  • added Vehicles from This Old Drone
  • added Vehicles from MilSpechTech
  • added Weapons from MilSpechTech
  • added Spell, Powers, Echoes, Armor Mods, Weapons, Ammunition, Gear, Vehicle Weapons, Vehicle Mods, and Vehicles from War!
  • added Gear, Armor, and Weapons from Attitude
  • added the missing extra slots to the Thundercloud Contrail, Hyundai Shin-Hyung, and Cascade Skraacha
  • added Qualities and Powers from The Way of the Adept
LonePaladin
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 4 2011, 05:39 PM) *
LonePaladin: I took a look at trying to get things moved into a multi-column tree and it's just not feasible right now.

Have you tried just appending the names, rather than trying to make additional columns?

F'rinstance, listing an item with a quantity as "80 frangible rounds"; something with a rating would be "Vision enhancement (rating 2)".

I know what you're going through; I'm trying to make my own character-creator in a different platform (one that's made specifically for building this sort of thing), and it's just not wanting to behave right now. Hopefully, I'll have the tricky parts handled before this summer's over. Hopefully.
Nebular
QUOTE (LonePaladin @ May 4 2011, 06:43 PM) *
Have you tried just appending the names, rather than trying to make additional columns?

F'rinstance, listing an item with a quantity as "80 frangible rounds"; something with a rating would be "Vision enhancement (rating 2)".

I know what you're going through; I'm trying to make my own character-creator in a different platform (one that's made specifically for building this sort of thing), and it's just not wanting to behave right now. Hopefully, I'll have the tricky parts handled before this summer's over. Hopefully.

That is likely the route I will go. Earlier today I was thinking that might not work because the name of the item would keep changing, but then I remember I was smart and gave everything a unique ID to address that issue (except for Qualities - they're still completely screwy). I guess I was just hoping that those stupid view controls would work. smile.gif Oh well. This should be in for this weekend's update.
Nebular
Just updated the SR4 character sheet. Forgot to change over some things like Attributes and Skills to get them to look in the proper place now that the sheet allows multiple characters.
Conspiracy X
Vision Enhancements and Audio Enhancement need to have [capacity] added to them so they reduce the number of slots available to the Device they are in.
Example
Contacts (Rating 3), have a capacity of 3.
Add Smartlink, the Contacts capacity should drop to 2
Add Image Link, the Contacts capacity should drop to 1
Add Low-Light, Contacts capacity used up.

Argent
1. In both the weapon tab and the vehicle tab, weapon mod button takes you to vehicle mod selections.

2. Adapsin and biocompatibility are still doubling the reduced essence of cyberware. Made a new character just to make sure.

3. Type O System works on basic bioware only, not cultured bioware since cultured bioware is tailor made.
"Off the rack, basic bioware is considered delta grade..." AU pg 20

4. Genetic Heritage starts a character with one "free" genetic mod and only transgenic enhancement costs are reduced by 20%. Currently all genetic enh are reduced by 20% and no free enh. AU pg 20

5. Cost corrections below:
Genewipe 60000
Shuffle 40000
Physical vigor 350000
Adapsin 40000
Dareadren 40000
Dyno 30000
Hyper 25000
NEO 35000
Qualia 40000
Reakt 45000
Vasocon 30000
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ May 5 2011, 07:29 AM) *
5. Cost corrections below:
Genewipe 60000
Shuffle 40000
Physical vigor 350000
Adapsin 40000
Dareadren 40000
Dyno 30000
Hyper 25000
NEO 35000
Qualia 40000
Reakt 45000
Vasocon 30000

Eh?! Do you have a revised copy of the book or something, because the prices in the XML file are the ones listed in my book. Page 3 of mine shows it as "Version 1.0 (July 2007)" and there doesn't appear to be an errata for the book.
Argent
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 5 2011, 08:51 AM) *
Eh?! Do you have a revised copy of the book or something, because the prices in the XML file are the ones listed in my book. Page 3 of mine shows it as "Version 1.0 (July 2007)" and there doesn't appear to be an errata for the book.

Hmmm. Looks like the prices in the tables in the back of the book differ from what is in the genetech chapter. I would go with the chapter info until an errata comes out. I have first printing 2007 as well.
Nebular
Actually, I just remembered that the Runner's Toolkit comes with a Compiled Tables book and lists all of this stuff. Since it's brand spankin' new, I think it's safe to assume that the prices in it are correct. The numbers in the Compiled Tables book match the ones found in the Genetech chapter, so it looks like the tables at the back of Augmentation are the incorrect values.
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ May 5 2011, 07:29 AM) *
2. Adapsin and biocompatibility are still doubling the reduced essence of cyberware. Made a new character just to make sure.

This is how it's supposed to work, isn't it? For example, Aluminum Bone Lacing has an ESS cost of 1. With only Adapsin or Biocompatibility, its cost is reduced to 0.9. If both are selected, it should reduce the ESS cost to 0.81, shouldn't it? This is how it's currently behaving. ((0.9 * 0.9) * ESS Cost).

Edit: Whoops! I see what you're saying now. I was just looking in the Select Cyberware window. The window is correct. The cost after you add it to the character, however, is way off. biggrin.gif
Nebular
OK. Forget the weekend update. How does now sound? Good? Good. smile.gif
With any luck I'll be able to start working on the character maintenance part this weekend.

Build 67
  • added support for <basicbiowareessencecost /> to the Improvement Manager which adjusts the Essence cost of Basic Bioware only
  • added support for <transgenicsgenetechesscost /> to the Improvement Manager which adjusts the Essence cost of Genetech: Transgenics Bioware only
  • corrected the Essence cost calculation for Cyberware and Bioware when multiple Essence cost Improvements are present
  • pressing Esc in the Select a PACKS Kit window now cancels
  • Rating of Armor Modifications can now be changed after they're added to Armor
  • items now display their Quantity and Rating in their names in lists when applicable
  • mugshots on character sheets should now render on machines that do not have Internet Explorer 9 installed
  • added missing Capacity to Audio Enhancements and Vision Enhancements
  • corrected names of Spells in PACKS Kits
  • source book filtering now uses exact matches on codes
  • Armor Mods are now filtered by source book
  • Weapon Accessories are now filtered by source book
  • Weapon Mod list works again
  • adding a PACKS Kit now makes sure the Rating for a Skill or Skill Group does not exceed the maximum value and throw an error
  • Select a PACKS Kit window now remembers the last selected category
  • Select a PACKS Kit now only adds Spells that the character does not already have
  • PACKS now supports Spirits
  • PACKS Kit correctly set extra item information instead of prompting for a value to be selected when applicable
  • added a check box to the Select Bioware window to mark an item as free to handle Genetic Heritage's free item (only appears when a Genetech: Transgenics item is selected and the character has the Genetic Heritage Positive Quality)
  • Options window now opens in the same position instead of in a random position so the OK button is always accessible
  • Select Lifestyle and the Lifestyle tab now show the Starting Nuyen amount for the selected Lifestyle
LonePaladin
Looks like the quantity/rating list is working properly, and pretty much matches what I was asking 100%. Nice.

One thing I've noticed, though, is a weird quirk in the quantity field for ammo. (Haven't yet seen this anywhere else.) If you click on something that isn't ammo, and then select an ammo-type item in your list, its quantity drops back to 10. Going from one ammo type to another doesn't cause this -- just going from non-ammo to ammo.

Now, two further requests. 'Cause, really, what's a program like this without feature creep?

With the inclusion of the "Custom placeholder" item, this might be a good time to consider adding drag-and-drop to the gear list, allowing the user to move items into containers (such as the Smart Pack, and the aforementioned placeholder). If the gear list in the printout doesn't account for this sort of organization, though, there's not really much point. (I'd like to see the gear and cyber lists formatted a little differently, myself, 'cause some items need some notes to remind the player just what they do.)

Second request's easier. Spells need the option to learn them as 'limited' versions (the ones that require fetishes). This option makes the Drain Value lower. (I sort of miss the way they handled it before, where some fetishes were expendable, and spells could have the limitation of being exclusive.)
Nebular
Another update to address the rather serious issue of the Spells list not loading, and adding in two of LonePaladin's items for good measure. I'll look into the drag-and-drop thing either this weekend or next week.

Build 68
  • fixed a critical issue that prevented the Select Spell window from loading Spells
  • selecting Ammo after another piece of Gear has been selected no longer causes the Ammo's Quantity to be reset to 10
  • added support for Limited Spells
whatevs
Looks, great. Noticed one thing:

Nonconductivity Cost: When I change the rating of non-con on my armor vest, the cost stays at the orginally selected cost. Seems like this happens with all armors and mod combinations
Nebular
Gah. Well, the good news is that the cost information IS being updated, you just don't see the change as it happens. If you select the piece of Armor again, its new total will be shown, but the character's Nuyen amount isn't updated. If you change any character value or add/remove another item from anywhere, the Nuyen remaining is updated correctly. Looks like I forgot to call the update method when the Armor Mod's Rating changes.
LonePaladin
Found another one.

For some reason, in packs.xml, the "Sneaky" skill kit has "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4" on the rating for Infiltration. Picking this pack throws an exception, which shouldn't be a surprise.

Didn't see any other oddities like that.

The reason I was looking there? I was trying to see if it were possible to create custom packs that added Knowledge skills and/or languages, but that doesn't seem to be an option. The wiki only lists Active skills, and it seems that none of the packs in the XML file do it. I wanted to make a custom file for the original PACKS document that AncientHistory put together, but it has things like prerequisites and Knowledge skills. So I'm not sure if Chummer can handle them yet.
Nebular
The packs.xml file has been updated so you can grab it through Chummer's update.

I'll add support for Knowledge Skills to the list of stuff to do. Should be pretty quick to drop that in.
Nebular
Nothing major, but I figured I might as well put out this last batch of changes before I start working on the career mode which is going to keep any updates from being released for the next handful of days.

Build 69
  • File > Open now allows multiple characters to be opened at once
  • Armor Mods now correctly update the character's remaining Nuyen amount as its Rating is changed
  • Select Cyberware window now remembers the last Grade that was selected
  • Gear with a quantity added from a PACKS Kit now displays its quantity information in its name immediately instead of after it is selected for the first time
  • added support for Knowledge Skills to PACKS
Nebular
Well, things progressed much more quickly than I thought they would which is always nice. So here's the nice little addition of Career Mode!

Build 73
  • added Career Mode which lets you maintain a character through their career (see below)
  • canceling a dialogue after selecting a Quality no longer adds the Quality to the character
  • opening multiple characters no longer causes invalid object references which can come up after selecting items
  • Spells are now grouped by Category on the Spells and Spirits tab
  • Services Owed by Spirit and Sprites are automatically corrected if a character's Summoning or Compiling Active Skill is lowered
  • Qualities that can be taken multiple times now display the correct Karma cost when building a character with Karma
  • Quantity can now be selected in the Select Gear window
  • PACKS Kits now support adding Gear to Vehicles
  • adding Ammunition of the same type for the same Weapon Category now stacks instead of creating a new item
  • Ammunition can now be added directly to Vehicles
  • Martial Art Maneuvers names are now displayed correct after being added to the character

Career Mode
Once your character is ready to run, you can put them into Career Mode. Career Mode lets you maintain your character using Karma throughout their running career. Career Mode lets you keep track of your Karma and Nuyen expenses, buy and sell Gear, and even keep track of Ammo in each Weapon. To put your character in Career Mode, go to the Character Info tab, check the Mark character as Created box, then click Save. The save process makes sure that your character meets all BP/Karma and Nuyen total rules before saving. Once the character has been saved, they are re-opened in Career Mode. Once a character has been put into Career Mode, you cannot go back to Build Mode.
LonePaladin
Looking good, Neb. Here's the latest observations:
  • On the printable character sheet, one of the attributes is labeled "STREGTH". Missed the 'N'.
  • The sheet isn't showing the total karma, just displays a zero there. It's also not showing the current nuyen balance, just a zero.
  • When listing spirits, it shows them as "Registered", not "Bound".

Also, time for more requests.
  • When in Career Mode, we need an option to add gear without buying it. Probably 80% of a runner's gear is acquired in-game via larceny or shady deals, rather than just shelling out money.
  • I'd like some options to make the skill list easier on the printout, either by highlighting non-zero skills somehow -- by making them boldfaced, or by making zero-rank skills in a light font -- or just not displaying zero-rank skills altogether. (This can be managed by editing the HTML sheet, sure. I'd just like to see an in-program option.)

That's all I could think of on short notice.
Nebular
The sheet has been fixed up to correct Strength and Bound Spirits. The Total Karma thing is next up on my list.

Can't believe I forgot about adding gear for free. This should be in the next update. And I thought I had it all covered. smile.gif
LonePaladin
That's why you've got me here.

Edit: Just saw a couple things that need addressing, while trying to get my players' sheets entered.
  • Characters in Career Mode don't have a Print button anymore; you have to go into the File menu to get to it.
  • Fomori (troll variants) don't have the standard dermal armor, but are showing such in their numbers.
  • Lifestyles need an option to include roommates in the cost. Also, custom lifestyles from RC need inclusion.
  • Datasofts, mapsofts, and linguasofts should prompt for specification. (One of my runners has a high-rating mapsoft for Seattle, with a lower-rating one for the world in general; he also has high-rating datasofts with medical info and a general-knowledge type that I called "Encyclopedia Generica".)
Nebular
Fixed stuff! I'll take a look at Custom Lifestyles and see if I can add them in. Figured I'll put this out since it fixes some things rather than holding it up with the Lifestyle bit. biggrin.gif

Build 74
  • Adept Powers now save the correct Power Point cost in regions that use "," to separate decimal places
  • added an option to include Active Skills with a Rating of 0 on the character sheet (on by default)
  • Datasoft, Mapsoft, and Tutorsoft now ask for specific values
  • removed Fomori's Dermal Armor bonus
  • saving a character as Created no longer causes the Save and Print toolbar icons to disappear
  • Total Karma is now calculated and displayed on the character sheet
  • when buying items, they can now be marked as free which will add the item to the character without deducting from Nuyen
Conspiracy X
I was just looking at Exotic Ranged and Melee weapons. Under RAW they have no Specializations, but you are supposed to select the weapon as part of the skill. Also you can select it multiple times with a seperate skill each time. SR4A: 122.
It's the same for Pilot Exotic Vehicle.

Would this be to hard to implement?

Also is there a way to change a specialization or remove a specialization from a skill?

My players wish to pass on a big thanks to Neb for Chummer.
redwulf25
Adding any of the Adept Ways from the book "Way of the Adept" causes an unhandled exception error. Tried in both 400BP and 750 Karma mode, same results. Edit: And yes, I made sure to select Adept first.

CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Chummer.frmCreate.HandleQualityToggle(TreeView treQualities, TreeViewCancelEventArgs e, String strForceValue)
   at Chummer.frmCreate.trePositiveQualities_BeforeCheck(Object sender, TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnBeforeCheck(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TreeViewBeforeCheck(TreeNode node, TreeViewAction actionTaken)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 (RTMGDR.030319-2200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.74
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.74
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Martin/Desktop/Shadowrun/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Argent
Debugging:

1. When choosing Mystic Adept, your adept powers rating should be limited by the total magic attribute, not by the power points you have assigned. SR4 pg 195 example.

ie. If you have magic attribute of 4 and spend 1 magic point for a power point you can still get critical strike level 4 but can only cast up to force 3 spells before it becomes physical drain.
Nebular
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 9 2011, 08:11 PM) *
Adding any of the Adept Ways from the book "Way of the Adept" causes an unhandled exception error. Tried in both 400BP and 750 Karma mode, same results. Edit: And yes, I made sure to select Adept first.

Data file has been updated to correct this.
Nebular
QUOTE (Conspiracy X @ May 9 2011, 06:42 PM) *
I was just looking at Exotic Ranged and Melee weapons. Under RAW they have no Specializations, but you are supposed to select the weapon as part of the skill. Also you can select it multiple times with a seperate skill each time. SR4A: 122.
It's the same for Pilot Exotic Vehicle.

Would this be to hard to implement?

Uh... I don't know. I'll have to take a look. smile.gif

QUOTE (Conspiracy X @ May 9 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Also is there a way to change a specialization or remove a specialization from a skill?

In Create Mode it's just a matter of going into the Specialization field and typing in your new value, or selecting it from the drop down list, or just pressing delete with everything highlighted to clear it. Once it's empty, it realises there's no Specialization and puts it back to normal.

In Career Mode, you need to click on the + button to the right of the Specialization. This will cost you 2 Karma and let you change it to the new value. If you set it to blank when changing it through Karma, it will remove the Specialization bonus but still eat up the 2 Karma.
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ May 9 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Debugging:

1. When choosing Mystic Adept, your adept powers rating should be limited by the total magic attribute, not by the power points you have assigned. SR4 pg 195 example.

ie. If you have magic attribute of 4 and spend 1 magic point for a power point you can still get critical strike level 4 but can only cast up to force 3 spells before it becomes physical drain.

This will be fixed in the next update.
Conspiracy X
The version I was running disabled the specialization dropdown when it lost focus.
I've updated it and the problems fixed.
Thank you.
Wizard_Thoarin
Small request for some additional character info: You've already got Character Name on the common tab, but can we add an Alias for their street name and also the Player's Name so its obvious who's character it is.

Also, it would be nice if we could specify the magical tradition a character follows (i.e. Hermetic or Shamanic) maybe put this on the spells/spirits tab. It would be nice if once the tradition is specified it listed the allowed spirits that can be summoned by the character. It would also be nice if it listed for the spells the drain resistant test to be made since Shamans and Hermetics use different Attribute combinations.
Wizard_Thoarin
Just noticed, the stats for the Ares Viper Slivergun look wrong... the AP should be +5 and not +2 that shows up on the character sheet for a character I just entered. the SR4a page number in the info is also wrong and should be page 318 for the table of Heavy Pistols... unless you are referencing the text for the gun which is on page 317.

Not sure, but my guess would be most people are more interested with the page number for the table with the weapon stats and from there they can scan forward or back a page or two for the description text.
Nebular
QUOTE (Wizard_Thoarin @ May 10 2011, 04:09 AM) *
Just noticed, the stats for the Ares Viper Slivergun look wrong... the AP should be +5 and not +2 that shows up on the character sheet for a character I just entered. the SR4a page number in the info is also wrong and should be page 318 for the table of Heavy Pistols... unless you are referencing the text for the gun which is on page 317.

Not sure, but my guess would be most people are more interested with the page number for the table with the weapon stats and from there they can scan forward or back a page or two for the description text.

The Slivergun's AP is correct from what I can see. The book lists its AP as +2, not +5, at least in the printing that I have.

The page numbers are intended to represent where you can find the description of the item, not the table, so that you can find the detailed information for something like Wired Reflexes without hunting it down. All of the table information is already presented in the application, so telling you where the description is seems more fitting. To keep everything consistent, all page numbers refer to the description page. I do not plan on mixing it so that some point to the table while others point to a description.

QUOTE (Wizard_Thoarin @ May 10 2011, 03:58 AM) *
Small request for some additional character info: You've already got Character Name on the common tab, but can we add an Alias for their street name and also the Player's Name so its obvious who's character it is.

Also, it would be nice if we could specify the magical tradition a character follows (i.e. Hermetic or Shamanic) maybe put this on the spells/spirits tab. It would be nice if once the tradition is specified it listed the allowed spirits that can be summoned by the character. It would also be nice if it listed for the spells the drain resistant test to be made since Shamans and Hermetics use different Attribute combinations.

Alias and player name are easy enough to drop in. Those should be in the next update. I'll also look into the Tradition and Spirit thing. This came up at my last game but it never clicked that I should do this. smile.gif
LonePaladin
QUOTE (Wizard_Thoarin @ May 10 2011, 02:58 AM) *
Also, it would be nice if we could specify the magical tradition a character follows (i.e. Hermetic or Shamanic) maybe put this on the spells/spirits tab.

Be sure to allow for custom traditions. My wife's character went down this route, and if the program limited me to the traditions in the book it would totally bork her stats.
Nebular
QUOTE (LonePaladin @ May 10 2011, 12:07 PM) *
Be sure to allow for custom traditions. My wife's character went down this route, and if the program limited me to the traditions in the book it would totally bork her stats.

There will be a traditions.xml file which, like the rest, will allow custom_traditions.xml to have custom stuff. smile.gif There won't be a huge impact with these. In place of the text box where you enter the name of the Spirit, there will instead be a drop down that you can type in, identical to the Skill Specialization one. Selecting a Tradition will simply pre-fill the options in the drop down and show you what your Drain Attributes are. You can select one of the Spirits from the pre-filled items, or type in a different one.
ggodo
Can I make one request? Can we have the option to ban SURGE? I don't want my power-gamer to get into it, but want to use the rest of Runner's Companion. I have no idea how to edit anything, but if that's something that customization can handle I'd like to know how.
Nebular
QUOTE (ggodo @ May 10 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Can I make one request? Can we have the option to ban SURGE? I don't want my power-gamer to get into it, but want to use the rest of Runner's Companion. I have no idea how to edit anything, but if that's something that customization can handle I'd like to know how.

Unfortunately this isn't somehting the custom data files can handle - they're only for adding custom content, and including content from a book is an all or nothing affair. This is one of those things where you'll have to tell the player that SURGE is off-limits. And if he tries to take any SURGE-related stuff, whomp 'em with a heavy book or other blunt object you have handy. biggrin.gif
ggodo
Oh, I've been doing that. The real downside is that the SURGE stuff is confusing to the new players I've got this campaign. I have no idea how this program functions, I was just wondering if an off switch would be possible.
Wizard_Thoarin
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 10 2011, 06:18 AM) *
The Slivergun's AP is correct from what I can see. The book lists its AP as +2, not +5, at least in the printing that I have.

Out of curiosity, is there a corrected printing of the Shadowrun 20th Anniversary edition then? My SR4A book lists the Ares Viper Slivergun as 8P(f) damage, +5 AP, SA/BF, 30 shot clip, 5R availability, and 500 nuyen. From the table on page 318 of my book under Heavy Pistols.

Just looked at the SR4 errata version 1.8 for the non anniversary edition on the Catalyst Shadowrun sight... They have a correction for a lot of Flechette round guns from page 307 to 309 that correct the AP from +2 to +5. If your using the older book, just thought you should know. The Ares Viper Slivergun is listed in the errata as well as the Remington Roomsweeper... Pretty much all flechette round guns should have a +5 AP as far as I can tell.
redwulf25
QUOTE (ggodo @ May 10 2011, 01:10 PM) *

Edit: Never mind addressed.
Nebular
QUOTE (Wizard_Thoarin @ May 10 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Out of curiosity, is there a corrected printing of the Shadowrun 20th Anniversary edition then? My SR4A book lists the Ares Viper Slivergun as 8P(f) damage, +5 AP, SA/BF, 30 shot clip, 5R availability, and 500 nuyen. From the table on page 318 of my book under Heavy Pistols.

Just looked at the SR4 errata version 1.8 for the non anniversary edition on the Catalyst Shadowrun sight... They have a correction for a lot of Flechette round guns from page 307 to 309 that correct the AP from +2 to +5. If your using the older book, just thought you should know. The Ares Viper Slivergun is listed in the errata as well as the Remington Roomsweeper... Pretty much all flechette round guns should have a +5 AP as far as I can tell.

Actually, I took a look at my physical copy of the book and it indeed shows +5. My PDF copy shows it at +2. Really wish there was a printing date in these books so I knew which one is correct. I believe my PDF copy arrived LONG before the physical one did, so I'm going to work under the assumption that my PDF copy is out-of-date and that the physical book is correct. This will be corrected in the next update (which will be out very soon - like in the next 30 minutes or so soon).
Nebular
More goodies!

Build 75
  • Power Level for Mystic Adepts is now correctly tied to their total MAG Attribute and not just the MAG assigned to their Adept Powers
  • Search in the Select a Weapon window no longer lets you add Gear Weapons (such as Grenades) since these must be added through the Gear tab to work properly
  • added support for Advanced Lifestyles
  • added support for Magic Traditions
  • removed Exotic Active Skills from skills.xml
  • Exotic Skills are now added by clicking the Add Exotic Skill button on the Skills tab since multiple copies of the Skill can exist for a character
  • added fields to record Alias and Player Name on the Character Info tab
Argent
Debugging:

When essence is lost, magic attribute and magic attribute max is reduced. So I make an adept with bioware. His original magic attribute was 6 and I reduced his essence to 4.4 Currently the attribute display for magic is 4 for natural, which is correctly calculated but the max attribute remains at 1/6 (6). It should display 1/4 (4). So if he ever initiates twice it should display 1/6 (6). SR4A pg 68

Ok found another thing, when the magic is reduced for essence loss, it gives me back build points for each reduction of 1. So current attribute bp spent is 265, select synaptic boost 2 and the bp drops to 255, when selecting muscle tone 4 the bps drop to 245. My magic is now 4. So I delete all the bioware and the bps correctly calculate to 230 because the magic stays at 4. I manually bring it back to 6 and the bps are back at 265. Original attributes below. Maybe the augmented magic should be displayed in the augmented column so as to not effect the BP calculations. Example display. Magic 6 (4) 1/4 (4)

Bod 4
Agil 6
Rea 3
Str 4
Cha 3
Int 3
Log 5
Wil 3
Edg 1
Mag 6
Argent
Debugging:

When essence is lost, magic attribute and magic attribute max is reduced. So I make an adept with bioware. His original magic attribute was 6 and I reduced his essence to 4.4 Currently the attribute display for magic is 4 for natural, which is correctly calculated but the max attribute remains at 1/6 (6). It should display 1/4 (4). So if he ever initiates twice it should display 1/6 (6). SR4A pg 68

Ok found another thing, when the magic is reduced for essence loss, it gives me back build points for each reduction of 1. So current attribute bp spent is 265, select synaptic boost 2 and the bp drops to 255, when selecting muscle tone 4 the bps drop to 245. My magic is now 4. So I delete all the bioware and the bps correctly calculate to 230 because the magic stays at 4. I manually bring it back to 6 and the bps are back at 265. Original attributes below. Maybe the augmented magic should be displayed in the augmented column so as to not effect the BP calculations. Example display. Magic 6 (4) 1/4 (4)

Bod 4
Agil 6
Rea 3
Str 4
Cha 3
Int 3
Log 5
Wil 3
Edg 1
Mag 6
Nebular
I'll take a look at the Magic/Essence thing this weekend which is likely when I'll next have some time.

I've just gone through the Compiled Tables book that comes with the Runner's Toolkit and updated a bunch of stuff since the numbers in there are the closest we're probably getting to errata for much of anything. Only Gear, Weapons, Cyberware, Powers, Spells, and Vehicles were affected. Nothing too major on the Vehicles, Gear, and Spells side - just a few minor corrections to Availability, Speed, and DV. For Cyberware, the Larger Smuggling Compartment dropped from 100,000 Nuyen and 20R down to 2,000 Nuyen and 6. Added the first page of Blades I was missing from Arsenal, changed the AP of a number of weapons (for the record, the Slivergun is indeed AP +5 according to the revised table, so it is my old PDF that's wrong). Adept Power Improved Physical Attribute changed from .75/level to 1/level. The updated files are availble for grabb through Chummer's Update.
Argent
Debugging:

Whenever you add a mod to a weapon in the street gear tab by pressing the add & more button, a window always pops up that says "weapon mods can only be added to vehicle weapons" but it still adds the mod after you ok the window. If you just press the ok button then the warning/error window does not pop up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012