Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
Perceptive chummer, our Ludi. What happens?

-EDIT-

Uhoh, hostiles up the cliff and to our north. Time for some rock and roll! cool.gif

@El Bastardo: Kliko takes a simple action to observe the patrol cruiser in detail. Distance shouldn't be to much of an issue with his vision magnification. Specifically interested in a) How many men/guns are on the cruiser b) any armor on the cruiser?
[ Spoiler ]

-EDIT-
The general idea is to use the assault rifles longer range to our advantage... (presuming security is carrying around SMG's)
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Mar 10 2010, 05:39 PM) *
As Ludi zips down the rope, Bubba's eyes meet hers and he drifts into a happy place ... Bubba is caught holding Hausmann in a tender moment as he cherishes the touch of a female ... Bubba's fantasy moment comes crashing to a holt as Kliko yells out commands and Bubba finds himself hugging hausmann. Bubba immediately drops Hausmann with a loud thud!

roflmao grinbig.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Mar 10 2010, 01:39 PM) *
As Ludi zips down the rope, Bubba's eyes meet hers and he drifts into a happy place. Bubba's arms float into the air with anticipation to catch Ludi in a full embrace. As birds chirp and the world around him seems to move into slow motion, Bubba is oblivious to the frail, unconscious body whipping down the rope slide in front of Ludi. Bubba's concentration is broken as a little body thuds against him followed by a stiff arm from Ludi to the face. Ludi breaks her rapid decent with her feet pressing into Hausmann's back, a stiff arm to Bubba's face, and then acrobatically lands onto the floor of the skiff. Bubba is caught holding Hausmann in a tender moment as he cherishes the touch of a female.

Bubba's fantasy moment comes crashing to a holt as Kliko yells out commands and Bubba finds himself hugging hausmann. Bubba immediately drops Hausmann with a loud thud!

Eyeing the swiftly approaching patrol boat, Bubba picks up Kliko's rifle, looks it over, and hands it to Kliko. 'So tiny' "I bets you wishes we hads me heavy machine guns nows... dont yous?"

rollin.gif
Kliko
@Bastard: Any results on the observe in detail action?

It will be tough to beat any armor the cruiser got with sr3's vehicle rules et all. Its 12 more clicks back to Kourou river so we either hit them hard and fast with some applied firepower and while their communications are still down (due to the jammer) or fake a surrender and then board the cruiser pirate style harrr! It basically depends on the observation...
Bastard
observation was to see if it snuck up on you.
Kliko
Ok, here´s another perception-check (I just love em) for the patrol cruiser's armor (yes/no) and crew(?):
[ Spoiler ]

Next few simple actions are spent aiming (upto three simple actions).
Bastard
You have mag vision or scope?

I dont have your sheet in front of me (On my wife's laptop).
Kliko
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Ok... I will edit my IC according to your perception roll.
Bastard
Ok... updated.

Think of a US Coast Guard/ large sport cruiser.
Kliko
Ok, so if I understand correctly it's something like this: Proteus interceptor
Bastard
No.

More close to something like this: not exactly, but close.
Kliko
Drek, wished we would have brought Bubba's HMG along embarrassed.gif I'll put up a post tomorrow.

-EDIT-
Four crew members are on the cruiser's foredeck?
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
No... just four total you can see. Two up front, one in the back, one on top.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Mar 11 2010, 06:22 AM) *
@Bastard: Any results on the observe in detail action?

It will be tough to beat any armor the cruiser got with sr3's vehicle rules et all. Its 12 more clicks back to Kourou river so we either hit them hard and fast with some applied firepower and while their communications are still down (due to the jammer) or fake a surrender and then board the cruiser pirate style harrr! It basically depends on the observation...

Well first order should be an attempt to get to the river. If the patrol boat is gaining on us we should throw a flag of surrender up and make a surprise assualt. We did not bring any fire power that can match what they have. So we need to get far away or get close and surprise them. I vote for out running if possible.

Bubba is equiped with cyber shot guns so if they force Bubba on board all we need is a destraction and they have an angry uber troll to deal with up close and personal. A concussion grenade or two ought to stir the pot up as well. Just need a way to prep and pull the pin with relative ease.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Mar 11 2010, 09:20 PM) *
No... just four total you can see. Two up front, one in the back, one on top.

SO how close is the patrol boat and how far is the river? Or can we do a quick calculation and the DM can tell us if our skiff will make it to the river before the patrol boat can completely bare down on us with heavy firepower?
Kliko
12 clicks to the river, 400-500 meter to the boat and closing. Don't worry we'll manage. I'll put a post up today. I just checked my kit-list and it appears Kliko didn't bring the gel-rounds for his assault rifle on this run.
[ Spoiler ]

-EDIT-
Oh my, wouldn't it have worked wonders when we'd had a shaman who could have asked a spirit to slow down the patrol boat...
Bastard
I edited that... its a click and a half away
Kliko
1.5 km to the river or patrol boat? Google maps showed Devil's Island somewhat further out into the sea.

Ah well, it's time for some action anyway isn't it? 1.5 km is still a good 10 minutes at 5 knots. I'd rather not get hit by that machinegun from a far. Rather trust in our character's tricked out reflexes cool.gif... that and combat drugs...

In case it's 1.5 km to the patrol cruiser I'm willing to play a little a hide and seek ninja.gif
Bastard
Boat.
Kliko
Ok, the situation is now clear to me. I was basically assuming the patrol cruiser came along Ile du Diable's northern cape. Judging on the map I thought it was 500m. I'll edit my IC later tonight).
Kliko
Ok, I edited the IC-post. Although not making a run for it yet, this seemed the right thing to do.
Bastard
Yes, I originally posted half a click based on that, but due to your high rolls (dont forget to thank your gm) I was supposed to push it back.

The did come around the northern cape (which is about 600-800 meters away), however they are not hugging it like your skiff. On top of that, your estimates may not be exact.

By the way, are you waiting on my IC post? I thought you guys had more interactions/planning to do.
Kliko
I'm done for now. If Sneaky or Mr Juan want to post that's fine and/or up to them. Otherwise: you're up smokin.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Mar 15 2010, 04:48 AM) *
I'm done for now. If Sneaky or Mr Juan want to post that's fine and/or up to them. Otherwise: you're up smokin.gif

Not much to say at this point need to see what happens!
Bastard
Waiting on me? Not much to add... continue on.
Kliko
I was waiting for some input from either Sneaky or Juan. Alternatively I can put things forward somewhat?
Bastard
Yeah, you can keep npcing Ludi.
Kliko
Too bad, Bubba is up first with his donut addiction.
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Hey guys... I am in Canada - Toronto, through next week so my internet access is limited. I will post if I can but if you dont hear from me you know why.
Mister Juan
Ludi is stripping the guy down. And I mean, stripping him off of EVERYTHING. Anything not fused to his body is coming off.
If the guy has any internal bugs, we'll have to wait a bit later for her to scan him.
Bastard
Welcome back! I hope all is well.
Mister Juan
At the risk of sounding corny; I'm glad to be back wink.gif Sorta missed you guys nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
I really have nothing to add... so I will just post this short IC...
Kliko
Yup, next post is for Sneaky really. Hope he's having a good time in Canada.
Bastard
Oh boy! I forgot aboot that, eh.
Kliko
Ok, within the scope of appropiate music video's, I just couldn't withhold you this one smokin.gif
Bastard
I think this is more appropriate.
SneakyJoeKDB
Ok folks, I am back from Canada, got in yesterday.

Anyhow, a few questions. If we were to pop smoke would the grenades still work even when thrown over board? I mean this is the future so who knows how much better the grenades are? Smoke still comes up from the sea bottom or the grenades have a floating technique? I know I am probably stretching but we dont want another over-looked mistake.
Bastard
These are not normal tomato can smoke grenades, they are round so you can actually throw them.

Why don't you have Bubba make an Intelligence check.

EDIT - Or a proper Weapons Knowledge check.
SneakyJoeKDB
Knowledge Check - Throwing Weapons

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Its made of metal, and will probably not float.
SneakyJoeKDB
Post up! Looks like it's Kliko's turn... Save us fearless leader!
Kliko
ork.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Apr 4 2010, 01:03 PM) *
Post up! Looks like it's Kliko's turn... Save us fearless leader!

there is no saving you now! muhahahaha vegm.gif

I will have a post up tonight or tomorrow morning... I have company over tonight.
SneakyJoeKDB
If I want to attempt a laso move with a rope what skill will that fall under? Melee combat, athletics?
Bastard
You will actually have to have that skill... but default to athletics. It is not something anyone can do.
Kliko
Hehe, at least we'll get the kuddo's for creativity cool.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
This is going to be a stretch, I dont think Bubba's athletics will cover it.
Kliko
Just one way to find out... biggrin.gif
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012