Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
Updated last post... you are all at the safe house around 1900.
ntwi
Rolls for the evening
[ Spoiler ]

In the morning
[ Spoiler ]

galenbd
@Mister Juan 120 without gear.

Galen
Kliko
Thats in pounds right? (say 54 kilogram)

-EDIT-

I have a great idea for a post, but am currently stressed on time. I should be able to get it up around 3rd of March frown.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Ok two interesting points to consider:

Morningstar gives sermons every weeknight at 7 pm.
The building is open 24 hours to care for the needy.

So the Sermon is at night time, that ought to dispell some of the reservations of infiltrating during a sermon. Infilitration could occurr by someone role-playing a homeless needing food and help or at least be a distraction to the office clerk. We should observe how this is handled. I imagine they feed them in the Cantina? Do they offer them a bed for a night? We may even pay a homeless man to cause a distraction if we dont want to do it ourselves?

Bubba is planning to go to a sermon tonight and he will also be watching for seemingly homeless people coming to the temple to be fed and sheltered. Bubba will also inquire how much help the temple provides to the unfortunate and down trodden -temporary housing, food, etc? He will also try to get a tour upstairs.

Anyone else coming? If not, anyone else have more information they want Bubba to obtain?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Feb 28 2011, 06:44 PM) *
Ok two interesting points to consider:

Morningstar gives sermons every weeknight at 7 pm.
The building is open 24 hours to care for the needy.

Well, that sure as hell changes a lot of things! If we can't go through the window, I'm feeling a bit more confident about sneaking up the stairs. I guess it'll depend on the amount of security inside.

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Feb 28 2011, 06:44 PM) *
Anyone else coming?

If they can find a good cover story, Ludi would want to tag along with Bubba. I doubt she can pass for homeless though... probably too healthy looking nyahnyah.gif
ntwi
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Feb 28 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Bubba is planning to go to a sermon tonight and he will also being watching for seemingly homeless people coming to the temple to be fed and sheltered. Bubba will also inquire how much help the temple provides to the unfortunate and down trodden -temporary housing, food, etc? He will also try to get a tour upstairs.

Anyone else coming? If not, anyone else have more information they want Bubba to obtain?

If nothing else, asking to use the bathroom might get you upstairs, as they did not mention one during your previous tour. Felix will prefer to keep his face off of cameras but will likely attend astrally to try and assense Morningstar and other clergy. Might even stay for the sermon astrally (I might not be the only one doing so either, as busy as the astral has been there)
Kliko
@Bastard: Just for check up purposes, ms J delivered Sandler TMP's right?
galenbd
Searching for information about the cultists.

At the moment, I consider this a Standard Search. Base TN is 5. Time is 2d6 hours and cost is 10 per hour. Here are the modifiers I think I am operating under:

Character keeps a low profile while searching +2

That gives me a TN of 7

I rolled the 2d6 for this. It gave me a 10 hour search. Multiplied times 2 makes it 20.
Here's the search roll: 7,4,4,3,2,1
Looks like one success.

Galen
SneakyJoeKDB
@Bastard,

Did Brother Branson and Brother Tate leave any contact numbers?
Bastard

Seems Bubba didn't think to ask that at the time, but the worship hall is open 24-7.

Galen - I will have you results tomorrow night.
SneakyJoeKDB
Baton +3 combat pool:

[ Spoiler ]

Athletics +4 Combat pool:
[ Spoiler ]

It seemed like a fun idea at the time, assuming there is enough room at the safehouse.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Mar 2 2011, 09:22 AM) *
"Ta das! Thats what a bakers dozen in da morning gets yous!"
rotfl.gif Bubba is awesome.

Jamie's matrix search on the Children of the Dragon (cross referenced with Joshua Morningstar):
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Let me know if I need to bump the game or IC the plan. So far you guys are looking good to me... keep coming up with plans! I have seen some that will work well and some that will not... but I have the answers already... muahahahahaha! vegm.gif

EDIT

PHOTO of Bubba's "training exercise."
Kliko
Russian translation:
[ Spoiler ]

That photo.... is disturbing eek.gif
Bastard
I was speaking of your Facebook post. I don't think Google Trans likes real forms of speech, only very proper.
Kliko
Demolitions-check:
[ Spoiler ]
Just checking if I wouldn't botch.
SneakyJoeKDB
That was awful. You are no longer allowed to post images for I am scarred for life. This is really what Bubbas training looked like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU...be_gdata_player
Kliko
@Sneaky: Thats not helping nyahnyah.gif

I go to the occasional Live-roleplaying event once in a time and there are actually guys like that out there silly.gif
[ Spoiler ]

The troubling thing is that its becoming increasingly difficult to play "around" this sort of people...
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Mar 6 2011, 12:55 PM) *
That was awful. You are no longer allowed to post images for I am scarred for life. This is really what Bubbas training looked like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU...be_gdata_player

rotfl.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Mar 6 2011, 05:28 PM) *
@Sneaky: Thats not helping nyahnyah.gif

I go to the occasional Live-roleplaying event once in a time and there are actually guys like that out there silly.gif
[ Spoiler ]

The troubling thing is that its becoming increasingly difficult to play "around" this sort of people...

Nice snow tights Kliko! grinbig.gif That repo show had to be staged. But that was hilarious!
Bastard
Do I need to bump the IC again?

Everyone let me know what your doing and don't forget your rolls.
ntwi
Felix will be doing some spirit summoning during the day to see how watchers react to different things.

[ Spoiler ]

For the Temple visit later today, I will be listening to the sermon on the astral and doing a few things. Full sorcery and spell pool will be dedicated to spell defense for Bubba and myself, along with anyone else who tags along. I will also be assensing all of the clergy/magically active people and looking for foci, fetishes and other magical things as well.
[ Spoiler ]

Edited to correct ordering of numbers within the rolls
galenbd
@Bastard Do you want to get this Matrix run started so we don't slow down the rest of the plot?

Galen
Kliko
@Galenbd: Pls presume Kliko and Ludi wake over Jamies meat body and that the run takes place from somewhere else then our safehouse wink.gif Personally (and for extra style points) I would plan it during the evening sermon... Also feel free to do the matrix-run off the boards (through chat or similar) to speed things up.
galenbd
That was one of the questions I had. I'll have to consider where to find another jackpoint. Am I going to have someone watching over me?

Galen
Kliko
You'll have two (Ludmilla and Kliko) doing overwatch on your meat body. Dunno where you can find some premium matrix acces for cheap. A bar perhaps? Feel free to narrate us along. You should have a clear mental picture of both Ludi and Kliko by now.
SneakyJoeKDB
Go ahead and IC everything along.

Bubba will be going to the temple for a sermon and be looking for the following:

Morningstar's sermon- how he conducts himself, who is present? security, members, etc.? Where does security stand? Are we locked in a room? etc.

Fire alarms - Are there any?

Upstairs - Bubba may have to pee, or would like to learn more about what they do upstairs because of Morningstar's impressive sermon. He would like to learn everything he can about and how accessible the upstairs is and what security is in place?

Office Clerk - would like to size the clerk up, observe how they operate, greeting visitors or homeless needing assitance and everyday folk.

Bubba would like to volunteer his cooking services to help in the kitchen to feed those in need or even the clergy? he has a skill level 3 in Culinary Arts. (LOL, taking that skill was just for fun flavor but who knows it may prove useful. Nothing like a bad case of food poisoning to help things along) Bubba really wants to help the needy by using his talents which the Ghostwalker has blessed him with!

Perception:
[ Spoiler ]

Etiquette Street:
[ Spoiler ]

If useful and not completely tactless Bubba may use intimidate - Such as having to pee now to get upstairs and/or show them how to cook the right way! Or any other possible use that isnt tactless.

Intimidate
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Mar 8 2011, 01:30 PM) *
Bubba would like to volunteer his cooking services to help in the kitchen to feed those in need or even the clergy? he has a skill level 3 in Culinary Arts. (LOL, taking that skill was just for fun flavor but who knows it may prove useful. Nothing like a bad case of food poisoning to help things along) Bubba really wants to help the needy by using his talents which the Ghostwalker has blessed him with!

[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
I have seen the movie and that picture you got of him looks very trollish!
Kliko
@Bastard: Already made those scanner rolls in this post.
Bastard
Catching up now...

Galen, what chat programs do you have so we can run through the matrix sometime this weekend/early next week?

Facebook or yahoo are good for me.

Have you decided a place to jack in yet? Do you have a knowledge skill that may help?

Sneakyjoe, when Bubba claims bladder level overload, they guide you to a bathroom that is behind the office, the door is in the hallway leading to the storage room/warehouse area.

The clerk is rotated and the desk is covered by different members of the church. Their duties are basically to greet visitors and answer questions about the church.

ntwi, what exactly are your spirits doing to the watchers? They are just commanded to confuse them? No other specifics? Where are you posting these watchers and what are their commands?
ntwi
I was attempting to replicate the astral security of the temple at the safe house, and see how the watchers respond to the "confusion" spell power. Because the summoner knows when a spirit they summoned is destroyed, I am attempting to see if the confusion stacks and is enough to keep the watcher spirit from raising an alarm or doing anything else.

For Example: Watcher (Force 2) is given the command to come alert me if approaches the house or attacks it on the astral. Spirits (Force 4 and Force 5) use the confusion power on the watcher. Does the watcher need to succeed on a single Willpower TN 9 test to come alert me that something is going on? Does it need to succeed on a TN 5 test with a -4 penalty and a TN 4 test with a -5 penalty in order to make the decision to come alert me? If they don't make that decision, are they at a -9 penalty to see/recognize a situation that would trigger another attempt to make the decision?

Basically I'm trying to test my current plan for dealing with astral guards as best I can from my observations. I will probably be using Force 6 spirits, leading to a TN of 12 and a -12 penalty when we go at night. I was just using watcher spirits of varying forces to see how effective each was against this plan.
Bastard
Okay, I will have to check the rules on those numbers, in fact we can post something in the Shadowrun thread if and get some ideas if the rulebook doesn't clarify. I believe that it comes down to does the Target understand they are being confused, or do they just become confused. I believe it would be the latter.
galenbd
@Bastard Well, I use Sametime during the day at work, but I don't use chat outside of work. If you have chat client you use, I'll be happy to match you. Dumpshock has a chat link at the top of the screen. Does that work?

Weekends are hard for me. Something about a 5 year old that makes it hard plan stuff. Usually I have time after 9 pm Eastern.

Galen
Kliko
Yup, Dumpshocks IRC-channel works just fine using a webbased client.

Good luck! (and don't forget to let us knoww hat happened wink.gif
Bastard
Okay, I will keep it open while I am on this weekend. Still got to organize that matrix stuff. Been busy with mine and my wife's birthdays over the past two weeks, work and home repairs.

Where is this chat link?

EDIT:

Looks like it is no longer supported: Dumpshock Important Links - by BULL
galenbd
Ok, so Dumpshock chat is no longer supported. What do you suggest now?

Galen
Bastard
Yahoo or facebook
galenbd
I assume you mean Yahoo Messenger. I don't currently have a Yahoo account. I'll try to get that set up tomorrow night.

Galen
Bastard
Groovy.

Trying to build a system at work, but I have some questions as it has been a while.

To get to the CotD System, you would have to:
1 - Access Denver LTG (log onto the matrix, secretly)
2 - Locate CotD system (search)
3 - Access local grid
4 - Access CotD system

I will post the Quick Resolution Rules in a spoiler on the threads first post tomorrow. If you set your thread view option to LINEAR, this post will always be at the top of each page of the thread.
galenbd
@Bastard I sent you my Yahoo ID via email. Do you intend to use the quick resolution rules for this Matrix run? For all Matrix runs?

Galen
Bastard
That is my plan as of now. The extended quick resolution rules.
Kliko
You guys managed to arrange the matrix-run otb yet?

Pls keep us posted smile.gif
Bastard
Not yet. Haven't been on that much this weekend. My wife had her birthday party this weekend and my sister was in from out of state.

What is holding up the rest of the team? Go ahead and get some IC up there, unless you want me to just bump you forward again.

Mr. Juan is having technical difficulties right now, so he will be spotty until he gets his computer fixed.

Galen, I will leave my yahoo messenger open today, though I may not be around the whole day, but if you use the telephone function, it will ring my computer, to alert me you are on. You can actually use it just like skype, but its free.
galenbd
Sorry this weekend was the time I had. I have family in until Thursday morning. We can try again that night. I think the steps you outlined above are valid. I thing there is no local grid though. I think LTG is the lowest level until you get into a system.

Once I access the CotD system are you going to use the normal Matrix rules, or the Quick Resolution rules?

I'm fine to move ahead. Jamie's going to sleep until 5 PM unless something else wakes her up.

Galen
SneakyJoeKDB
@Bastard:
Was there anything else Bubba learned?

Can he feed the needy as a volunteer chef? What was security like during a sermon -how much security is present and where do they stand during a sermon? Any fire alarms? Would they take him on a tour to the other levels of the building? How does one officially become a member? What was the sermon scene like - people clapping, dancing in the isles, or sitting reverently? Any special clothing members wear? Anything else that was important to be aware of that Bubba picked up on?

Also Bubba will make his bathroom move 15 minutes into the sermon to also observe how busy the office building is outside the sermon area. Are people walking around, is it pretty quiet etc? Where is secruty?
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Mar 10 2011, 01:07 AM) *
Sneakyjoe, when Bubba claims bladder level overload, they guide you to a bathroom that is behind the office, the door is in the hallway leading to the storage room/warehouse area.

Bubba tells the clerk thank you and makes sure the clerk heads back to their office and then he approaches the bathroom door and sneakily opens the door, locks it, and closes it, then Bubba rushes back to the clerk and anxiously exlaims to the clerk the door is locked and someone is in there and he has to go really really bad and the clerk really doesnt want a troll of his size to fill the halls with an asparagus pee tsunami.

Stealth
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Sorry Galen, I had my wife's birthday party this weekend, her family in on Friday-Sunday, and my sister in from Saturday-Monday. So it was a busy weekend! Unless things change I will chat with you on Friday, and we will resolve the matrix run.

Sneaky, need some perception tests. As for your bathroom needs, the clerk guides you to the warehouse area to a staff bathroom.
SneakyJoeKDB
@Bastard

I rolled eight perception tests in post #1978, you need more?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012