Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 3 2012, 11:46 AM) *
Does de 10 points total refer to the knowledge skill karma or regular karma, but not for karma pool?
Can we take specializations as well (like 1/3 instead of base rating 2)?

Hmmm... I say no... but run your skill by me first.

You have 10 total skill points, so you should have enough not to need specializations, and I would rather make it just a base skill as Knowledge Skills are pretty open ended.

QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 3 2012, 11:46 AM) *
I see Kliko going for Interest Skills: Seedy Ork Bars

Perfect!!!
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 3 2012, 09:10 AM) *
Bastard:
So, I take it military grade hardened armor is out of the question? And yes, I'm serious on this one nyahnyah.gif And no, I will not make it turn invisible because that's too much like cheating.

No Military Grade. Its too strong, I have to get ridiculous, and basically use mages to do any damage.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 2 2012, 05:47 PM) *
Summer Rewards

FELIX
Spell - Treat - Rating 4

LUDI
Etiquette Specialization - Bluff/Lie - Rating 4

So... basically your rewards are crap?

I will go back over the sheets... I tried to give something you kind of needed or role played all ready. Not just the most needed or wanted item.
ntwi
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 3 2012, 09:11 PM) *
So... basically your rewards are crap?

I will go back over the sheets... I tried to give something you kind of needed or role played all ready. Not just the most needed or wanted item.

No, not crap at all, you just chose the same hole in my spell arsenal that I was trying to fill at the same time. <shrug>
Mister Juan
@Bastard
Any feelings towards ruthenium before I start building the ultimate 200 000 sneak suit?
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 4 2012, 08:59 AM) *
@Bastard
Any feelings towards ruthenium before I start building the ultimate 200 000 sneak suit?

What book is that in?

EDIT: Kliko gave it to me. M&M 114.

Go for it...

Dont forget to pay your lifesstyles too.
Kliko
Ok, sent you the character updates for Kliko.
[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
One question, and it's more to keep my own sheet in order. I had understood the conclusion of Mile High Madness to have given all three of us Radek as a fixer contact, presumably lvl 1. Given the subsequent listing of him in the summer rewards for Kliko, I am somewhat confused. Do we all have him as a contact, or is he simply a name in our rolodex for the rest of us?

QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 22 2012, 09:38 PM) *
"Mile High Madness" Conclusion
Contacts
Kliko, Ludi and Felix - Radek, Fixer, CFS

Purchase additional contacts with
5 Karma
1 Edge and Flaw point

QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 2 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Summer Rewards

ALL

KLIKO
Level 1 Contact - Fixer - Radek

Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Oct 5 2012, 04:26 AM) *
One question, and it's more to keep my own sheet in order. I had understood the conclusion of Mile High Madness to have given all three of us Radek as a fixer contact, presumably lvl 1. Given the subsequent listing of him in the summer rewards for Kliko, I am somewhat confused. Do we all have him as a contact, or is he simply a name in our rolodex for the rest of us?

No, you caught an error.

Thanks.

I have so many notes its hard to keep track sometimes. often.

Fuck.

Mister Juan
I've just discovered that White Noise Generator add a penalty equal to their rating to all Ultrasound detection. I knew I had that R8 White Noise Generator for a reason! MOUOUOUAHAHHAHA!!!!!
Mister Juan
Kliko & ntwi:
I need your opinion on something. I was wondering on what I should spend that Edge point we got. Beside saving it for something else (like buying off Ludi's Phobia of Elementals and Spirits!!!) I was wondering if I should spend it on Good Reputation Lv 1 (from doing so many runs), Double Jointed (lots of gymnastics training) or Good Looking and Knows It (maybe Ludi's attitude problem is starting to sort itself out, and she's taking care of herself more nyahnyah.gif)

What do you guys think?

I'll forgo getting another Lv 1 contact on the account that Ludi has something like 20 contacts as of now....
ntwi
I've enjoyed the -1/-2 TN to all social tests from Good Rep 1/2 paired with Friendly face (for when they don't know who you are). Good looking and knows it is another one just like it. (I feel foolish for flipping back and forth looking for it before finding it in the text)

Stacking the TN modifiers has such a big impact, and the challenge for double jointed is the narrow scope of the skill.
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 5 2012, 03:46 PM) *
I've just discovered that White Noise Generator add a penalty equal to their rating to all Ultrasound detection. I knew I had that R8 White Noise Generator for a reason! MOUOUOUAHAHHAHA!!!!!
MY EARS!!!

I can't fid the Good looking and knows it edge, sounds like Ludmilla though.

I got Kliko Good Reputation.
I'm considering getting Kliko the Bravery edge or save up for something like Quick Healer (which would really help with all these bioware negative modifiers).
ntwi
Ummm... you might want to edit that to "seven" digit number Kliko, or restate it as six zeros.
Mister Juan
Orks can't count...
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 11 2012, 11:40 AM) *
Orks can't count...
QFT
Stingray
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 6 2012, 12:31 PM) *
MY EARS!!!

I can't fid the Good looking and knows it edge, sounds like Ludmilla though.

I got Kliko Good Reputation.
I'm considering getting Kliko the Bravery edge or save up for something like Quick Healer (which would really help with all these bioware negative modifiers).

..Good looking and knows it-edge.. It is in Shadowrun Companion pg.17..
Bastard
QUOTE (Stingray @ Oct 11 2012, 09:44 AM) *
..Good looking and knows it-edge.. It is in Shadowrun Companion pg.17..

Thanks stingray! grinbig.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Oct 11 2012, 03:23 AM) *
Ummm... you might want to edit that to "seven" digit number Kliko, or restate it as six zeros.

QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 11 2012, 08:40 AM) *
Orks can't count...

rotfl.gif

QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 11 2012, 12:48 AM) *
17:15:48 Sunday, 8 October 2062 - Salamander Grill's & Steak, California Free State

'I'M GONNA BE RICH!!!... hold on... wait a minute, what about cost and risk rewards... There's going to be fatalities, international travel. Are we ready to run the major league?... hmmmpphhh, one more gig and I can afford college education for my eldest!'

You have already been international. French Guinea and Denver in the thread, then in the Summer recap bump ahead:
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 27 2012, 02:10 PM) *
October 2062 - East Bay Area, California Free State

Over the summer the team worked exclusively for Radek. With two missions a month, he kept them busy and well funded. They made runs across the globe, including Germany, Hong Kong, New York and Alaska. Tensions between Kliko and Radek decreased, as the offers were always fair, and the payment was always made. While they had additions and subtractions with each run, the core remained the same: Kliko, Ludi, Felix, Jamie and Bubba.

The last few weeks had been different. The last job they pulled was in Wales almost two months ago. No one was hurting for money, in fact, the opposite was true...
Kliko
Yeah, yeah. Lets move on, nothing to see here... silly.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 12 2012, 08:11 AM) *
Yeah, yeah. Lets move on, nothing to see here... silly.gif

And then people wonder why he got Ludi shot.
Kliko
For you guys, a Titan is a designation for the Lockheed C-260 (Rigger 3, p. 178.)

It would make for a nice deployment plane when we have a rigger on the team. At least that way we can bring along some wheels...
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 13 2012, 12:02 PM) *
For you guys, a Titan is a designation for the Lockheed C-260 (Rigger 3, p. 178.)

It would make for a nice deployment plane when we have a rigger on the team. At least that way we can bring along some wheels...

Do NOT try to pin this on the rigger! I god damn know you pal! You just want to jump out the fragging thing!

Mister Juan
And while I'm around, our great B has given me some points to spent (our little summer rewards) but specified towards certain skills.
One of them caught my attention: Rifles.

Since we don't have a designated marksman par se, I was wondering if I should maybe dump everything in that skill, shuffle around some nuyens and get a Barrett.
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 13 2012, 08:12 PM) *
Do NOT try to pin this on the rigger! I god damn know you pal! You just want to jump out the fragging thing!
I did indeed got Kliko a parachute grinbig.gif
[ Spoiler ]

As for the marksmen, Kliko can fullfill the role with an assault rifle at extreme range (550m). But the picture of having Ludmilla run around with a Barret makes for great eye candy.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 14 2012, 05:14 AM) *
[ Spoiler ]

As for the marksmen, Kliko can fullfill the role with an assault rifle at extreme range (550m). But the picture of having Ludmilla run around with a Barret makes for great eye candy.

I'll see how much an nice sniper rifle might costs and make a decision.
Kliko
24k for the Barret. Its street index is just like huge! The ammo is expensive too, but counts as APDS.

The budget alternative is the Ranger Arms SM-3, which sets you back some 16k or a Sport Rifle... (but then Kliko probably best fullfill the marksmen role and you won't get the APDS feature)
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 14 2012, 01:43 PM) *
24k for the Barret. Its street index is just like huge! The ammo is expensive too, but counts as APDS.

The budget alternative is the Ranger Arms SM-3, which sets you back some 16k or a Sport Rifle... (but then Kliko probably best fullfill the marksmen role and you won't get the APDS feature)

I was alright with the Barret until I noticed that with the street index, it's about 100 nuyens PER bullet. Now that's just ridiculous! The Ranger Arms would be a nice addition to give us some additional wetwork options, since it can easily be disassembled and, being a sniper rifle, has a very long range. On the other hand, it fairs somewhat poorly when it has to be knocked around.

Which actually leaves the Walther. Costs more than the Barret straight out of the box, but doesn't cost 1 grand of ammo for a full clip! Plus, if you take the "fluff" into acount, the Walther is probably a very robust rifle since it's the rifle used by CAS Scout-Snipers. It's also half the weight of the Barret, which means, you can probably "run around" with it, and if memory serves, it's a bullpup... so in fluff terms, it's probably shorter than both the Ranger and the Barret.

Choices choices choices.

The only "real" reason why I'm considering adding Sniper Rifles to Ludi's skill set is because, as far as I'm aware, we don't have that tool in the toolbox yet.

Anyways! I'll make my mind up soon enough.

Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 14 2012, 02:14 AM) *

[ Spoiler ]

You can copy the tab and make two Equipment pages in the dossier xls file if you have run out of room.
[ Spoiler ]

Please be sure to do that, as I do not follow your NSRCG files, only the dossier.
Bastard
Once I have everyones final characters I will be moving on... dont want people changing their skills around.

"Oh yeah, I have deep sea diving and underwater combat! I had planned on that before I knew we were going to Atlantis. Swear."
ntwi
We do have a sniper of sorts... as long as Felix has LOS to the target, he can reach out and touch people. Vehicles are significantly harder for me to hit however, so some solid punch at those ranges can be nice. For simple range however, you have to remember that even a MMG outshoots the Barret, with even a LMG coming in at 800 meters vs the Sniper 1,000. Missile and rocket launchers kick the ranges up even more to 3-5km, so it all depends on what we want to hit at extreme ranges. These all take Heavy or Launch Weapons instead of Rifles so it's something to think about, and for Ludi to figure out what fits her style.
Forces In Motion
Just reading through the threads (IC and OOC), I noticed that you might be needing a rigger.

If that's the case, I have an old character I created some time ago and never used - he's a paraplegic (has his legs, just paralyzed) former Lone Star drone and vehicle rigger - that I could submit instead of my psychopath adept gunslinger.

Just a thought. wink.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (Forces In Motion @ Oct 16 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Just reading through the threads (IC and OOC), I noticed that you might be needing a rigger.

If that's the case, I have an old character I created some time ago and never used - he's a paraplegic (has his legs, just paralyzed) former Lone Star drone and vehicle rigger - that I could submit instead of my psychopath adept gunslinger.

Just a thought. wink.gif
One of the other newcomers was working on a rigger character, check with the Bastard to make sure.
We have some vehicle skills available, but nothing fancy so to speak.
Bastard
QUOTE (Forces In Motion @ Oct 16 2012, 04:39 PM) *

Just a thought. wink.gif

QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 16 2012, 09:07 PM) *
One of the other newcomers was working on a rigger character, check with the Bastard to make sure.
We have some vehicle skills available, but nothing fancy so to speak.

PLEASE DONT WORRY ABOUT FILLING A SLOT. PLAY WHO YOU WANT TO PLAY, NOT WHAT YOU THINK THE TEAM NEEDS.
Forces In Motion
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 17 2012, 07:53 AM) *
PLEASE DONT WORRY ABOUT FILLING A SLOT. PLAY WHO YOU WANT TO PLAY, NOT WHAT YOU THINK THE TEAM NEEDS.

Gotcha. I've actually always wanted to play him - how often do you see a paraplegic 'runner? - but since I already have one submitted and I do love playing adepts, I'll keep him in reserve, in case she gets killed. smile.gif
Kliko
Frag you, use the parapelgic (how do you even spell that) rigger!

There is only one rule and thats to have fun!
Forces In Motion
I still have the character sheet and background...unfortunately, he had some custom gear that I can't seem to find at the moment and would have to redo from scratch (namely drones and vehicles). So, for now, it's my hot lil adept.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 17 2012, 10:24 AM) *
There is only one rule and thats to have fun!

grinbig.gif Indeed.
Mister Juan
@Kliko
YES to Radek's backup plan! That's the sort of thing that puts Ludi in a good mood!
Even though I will use our standard operating procedures and get another "pull out asses out of the fire" plan like I usually do wink.gif One no one knows about but Ludi nyahnyah.gif
Kliko
Well, the thing is, I just like Kliko to prevent us driving around deep Africa in a VW Beetle so to speak. Airborn is of course even better (I can't get this film/music compilation out of my mind)
Mister Juan
I decided to forgo the whole sniper rifle thing. It would be a nice addition, but its not necessary.

So yea; if Bastard is ok with the list I emailed him, Ludi is good to go.
Bastard
Are you guys just spending all your karma?

It looks like you guys are forgetting that for every 10 karma you earn, 9 is good, 1 goes to the pool.
Bastard
Karma Pool looks like this

9 Kliko
6 Ludi
4 Felix
4 V
2 Knuckle Duster
1 Miyako
1 Drake
27 Team Karma

Character standings:

Kliko/Kliko - Double check Karma Earned/Karma Pool, resend updated dossier
Ludi/Mr Juan - Need updated dossier
Felix/ntwi - Done!
V/bak0n - Done!
Knuckle Duster/jaruen - Spend Karma if you want, resend me updated dossier if you do
Miyako/Forces in Motion - I resent you a blank dossier, please put your character info on that and return
Drake/Lorechaser - need a dossier, and IC background

Mister Juan
Unless Bastard finds something amiss in Ludi's updated character sheet, here are the adds and mods she now has. I'm mentioning this because it will help us plan things faster, and because, well, they are things your characters would know about Ludi.

So yea, let's start!

In the past few months, Ludmila has expanded her array of cyberware. She now packs a shockhand and a 1 dose injector in her right hand, and a lockpick gun in her left. She's also had her muscle toners upgraded, her hearth swapped out with a synthacardium, so she's faster and more agile than she used to. She's gotten mnemonic enhancers grafted, which means that her knowledge skills and languages are better, to a point where her english now sounds fluent, and although her accent still sometimes filter through when she's particularly worked up, she can easily pass for a native speaker if need be. She's even starting to forgo switching to russian when she's arguing with Kliko wink.gif She's also taken some Mandarin classes and she's now "airborn certified", to much of Kliko's pleasure. In a nutshell, those are the big changes skill wise.

Gear wise, she now has a ruthenium full suit of form fitting armor with thermal damping, as well as some ruthenium covered load-bearing gear. I've also added an ares cascade chemical delivery gun with glue and slip spray, just for shits'n'giggles.
Bastard
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR "SPECIAL KARMA" (ie, additional karma awarded to only spend on knowledge skills), SKILL POINTS, E&F POINTS (EFP), IN YOUR TOTAL KARMA EARNED.

ntwi had the great idea to put all these awards and expenditures in the MISSIONS TAB. Note if you bank any EFP under the mission, and on your EDGES AND FLAWS section.

How are you new guys coming along?

UPDATED

Karma Pool looks like this

9 Kliko
6 Ludi
4 Felix
4 V
2 Knuckle Duster
1 Miyako
1 Drake
27 Team Karma

Character standings:

Kliko/Kliko - Double check Karma Earned/Karma Pool, resend updated dossier
Ludi/Mr Juan - Done!
Felix/ntwi - Done!
V/bak0n - Done!
Knuckle Duster/jaruen - Spend Karma if you want, resend me updated dossier if you do
Miyako/Forces in Motion - I am currently going over your character
Drake/Lorechaser - still need a dossier, and IC background

Mister Juan
Nice! We got our Jedi back smile.gif

Glad to see you aboard Knuckle!
Kliko
Lol, we're going to have a pretty magic heavy group with Bakon, Felix and the Knuckle Duster!
Mister Juan
By the way, I've alluded to it a few times IC (mostly to great pain to Felix), but Ludi has a rather intense phobia concerning spirits and elementals wink.gif I'm mentioning it in case Felix feels jealous that she's buddy buddy with Knuckle but not him wink.gif
ntwi
Felix isn't sure if it's spirits, spells or interactions with the astral, but I've picked up on the shaman/mage vs adept from your postings. This next run might be fun for here with twice as V is a mage I think and therefore might have a swarm of elementals instead of the 1 or 2 spirits that Felix can pull up.
Bastard
Still waiting on some things from a few people...

I hope to have the recruiting IC done in the next two weeks.
Kliko
Did send you my stuff right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012