Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Feb 21 2013, 12:50 AM) *
Guess he'll notice wink.gif

That was only needed if you were going to post. meh.

QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 21 2013, 12:20 PM) *
So yea, busy, tired and soon rich nyahnyah.gif

Don't forget about us when you have millions of billions of dollars! Especially because its Canadian, so worth more than my flimsy US green backs!
Mister Juan
If you want to push things along, go right ahead! I can always "retro" post, since I don't think it'll influence the actual action much. I'm trying to write something right now, but I can't seem to put anything decent together. My English is horrible when I'm tired....
Kliko
I'm all wrapped in work and events until sunday...
Bastard
I will give the rest a day or so to respond... then I will bump again.
Mister Juan
If you want Ludi to shoot Starling and V, just come out and say it wink.gif
Kliko
More likely for Ludi to catch a bullet for lighting up a sigaret in a potentially hostile territory.
Mister Juan
Kliko is just jealous because he wants one to.
Plus, she just spent 112 nuyens to shoot a dog: she's entitled to a smoke nyahnyah.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 27 2013, 11:08 AM) *
Kliko is just jealous because he wants one to.
Plus, she just spent 112 nuyens to shoot a dog: she's entitled to a smoke nyahnyah.gif
Lol rotfl.gif

Kliko should have packed that caffeine chewing gum.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba does have some extra donuts with him, any takers?
SneakyJoeKDB
Hey Bastard! Happy B-day on the 25th! Eternally 29!
ntwi
Now if the ladies would quit gossiping we could continue on towards Tehran and the objective.
Bastard
Updated order/location:

Middle of second block
Duster
5m
Felix

100m

End of first block, start of second
Kliko
10m
Ludi
10m
Starling and V
10m
Bubba

This is your location at the time of the "Crazy Event."

Map update at facebook
ntwi
Go to sleep you crazy nutjob
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Zzzzzzzz....

Go ahead and IC it if you like, ntwi.
Kliko
See, that's why you always geek the mage/shaman first (before he geeks you) cyber.gif
Bastard
I think that there is another miscommunication. Felix was attacked from his left. Duster is in front of him, the rest of you are 100+ meters behind. The only two in danger from the ak47 guy were Duster and Felix.
Kliko
Check, it was more of a flavor post anyway.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Mar 3 2013, 02:46 AM) *
Check, it was more of a flavor post anyway.

Okay... just making sure.
Bastard
updated map
Mister Juan
I love how the dead dog is now "Ludi's dead dog" smile.gif
ntwi
Not quite sure how I managed to kill someone with a stunball. I'd expect him to be out cold for an hour or two, but the only times I've seen people die from stunballs comes from multiple hits, as I didn't think you could stage past D Stun. Sure if he had some boxes of stun already he'd now have an equal number of physical boxes but managing to kill someone with a single stunball is either impressive or something else is going on here. Felix would be warned if something else is going on if/when the crazy man did die as their astral presence fades rapidly with death.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Mar 4 2013, 05:23 PM) *
Not quite sure how I managed to kill someone with a stunball. I'd expect him to be out cold for an hour or two, but the only times I've seen people die from stunballs comes from multiple hits, as I didn't think you could stage past D Stun. Sure if he had some boxes of stun already he'd now have an equal number of physical boxes but managing to kill someone with a single stunball is either impressive or something else is going on here. Felix would be warned if something else is going on if/when the crazy man did die as their astral presence fades rapidly with death.

Ludi and Kliko dont know Felix used a stunball, and that post was mostly from their perspectives, so for story detail, I refereed to him as a dead guy. Not saying he is just sleeping though... vegm.gif

Felix has continued on from the area... is he still astrally watching the guy or just perceiving the local area?
ntwi
Just the local area around him.

After Ludi's message he'll dump all the spell pool into spell defense.
SneakyJoeKDB
Maybe Ludi pissed a spirit off when she shot the dog!
Mister Juan
Why is it always the woman's fault? wink.gif
Bastard
So here is where we are:

Kliko and Ludi holding position, covering the village

V and Starling are moving toward Ludi, unaware of the situation

Bubba pulling rear guard, with the dog following him

What is Duster doing?

What is Felix doing? Holding position, gaining elevation, scanning the astral realm
Kliko
So what's Duster doing?
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Mar 12 2013, 11:14 AM) *
So what's Duster doing?
[ Spoiler ]
grinbig.gif

What are you guys doing... just watching... or are you moving out?
Kliko
Moving out ASAP as Felix gives the all clear. With the spirit's movement power we should be able to make good progress.
Bastard
I will try to get an IC up tonight moving you along... I was trying to give you all sone time to Mr Juan your posts up a bit. I on top of that, jaruen had told me he would be repacking that redshirt and posting this week.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Mar 15 2013, 08:30 AM) *
I was trying to give you all sone time to Mr Juan your posts up a bit.

Wait... Did I just become a verb?
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Mar 15 2013, there AM) *
Wait... Did I just become a verb?

Yup. I figured if something can bastardized, there is no reason it can be Mr. Juaned.
SneakyJoeKDB
Alright, where is that Foo Foo Boy? We need to get this party rolling!
Bastard
Sorry... I slept almost all day yesterday. I logged on to post and fell asleep in my com chair! dead.gif

Posting now with a 24 oz coffee next to me...
ntwi
Is this looking more like something to Dispell (SR3 pg 184) or something to to cast spells/astral combat with or something else beyond Felix's understanding entirely. I wasn't sure based off of your description of:

"and there it was. A thick black ribbon of smoke running into the village, fading away into the void."

Was this just the piece coming off Ludi or the main body? of the thing itself?
[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Mar 17 2013, 02:11 PM) *
Is this looking more like something to Dispell (SR3 pg 184) or something to to cast spells/astral combat with or something else beyond Felix's understanding entirely. I wasn't sure based off of your description of:

"and there it was. A thick black ribbon of smoke running into the village, fading away into the void."

Was this just the piece coming off Ludi or the main body? of the thing itself?
[ Spoiler ]

Sent you a PM
SneakyJoeKDB
Hmmm... interesting do you think this black tentacle ribbon is responding to aggression or feelings of such? The dog seemed fine until it detected aggression maybe it is linked to the ribbon. At least that would expalin why Ludi's aura seemed darker.
Bastard
Okay... I had the craziest dream last night, and I need to get something off my chest.

Fuck you Felix! I want my tv back!

So...

[dream]For some reason, I am living in my old duplex in Sacramento, but its three times as big. And everything is pink for some reason. The house, the walls, etc. Bubba and Kliko share a room, Felix, Duster and myself each have our own rooms. However, everyone is referring to me as Bastard, even though I am myself in the dream.

The entire dream, Kliko and Bubba are cleaning machine guns and rocket launchers, but their heads are constantly staring down the hall at everything else going on. Ludi is trying to rent a room from us also, while Duster keeps asking me what is going on, where do we go. I keep telling him I am not really the gm, and it is real life, and that he should get a job.

Felix is mad because we are going to let Ludi move in, so he takes the big screen tv off the wall and is trying to put it in his room, while stepping on Duster who is sleeping in the middle of the stairs for some reason. Felix gets more upset that Ludi is moving in and that I wont let him take the tv to his room.

He comes to the conclusion that Ludi is getting his room, so he says, "Fuck you, Bastard. I hate this game!" Then builds force field around the living room and hangs the tv against the force field, so no one else can see it. He claims the living room is now his room, and Ludi can have his, and how we are all a bunch of jerks.

Since the only exit is on the first floor, through the living room, the rest of us are stuck on the second floor. We yell at Felix because we dont have a way out, so Ludi says, no problem and blows a hole in the wall and jumps out.

At this I get pissed (probably because my deposit doesnt cover this kind of thing). Felix just watches tv, Kliko and Bubba are still cleaning weapons poking their heads out the door, but not saying anything, and Ludi has left... but all her stuff has moved in. At this Duster pops up and complains, "when is my turn. I have 26 initiative. This is bullshit."

I get pissed, because I am not the gm, but Duster won't leave me alone and keeps asking me when his turn is, and all I want is to watch my tv, but Felix wont let me.[/dream]

... so I guess that is how my subconscious thinks it would be like living with your characters. They are all a bunch of jerks. At least Bubba and Kliko kept to themselves.
Kliko
Lol, this is so funny.

There should be a sitcom of something similar somehwere out there...
SneakyJoeKDB
LOL! This dream means you are an intense GM and all our characters lives are now at stake!
Bastard
I think my life is at stake. I got two big dudes cleaning weapons, staring at me. I got some insane guy telling me it is his turn, following me around. I got some chick with a shaved head that blew a hole in my wall, then jumped from the second floor through said hole. On top of all of that, I got a shaman who is mad at me and has taken control of my living room, front door and most importantly, my tv.
Kliko
So how exactly are we going to play Modern Warfare 2064 without our television?
Mister Juan
Now THAT is hilarious.

Personally, I'm not too worried.

Clinically, I think this is the start of something horrible and dark.
Bastard
My mind is crumbling...

So... I am still waiting on you guys to act. Should I make you all roll initiative? Force you to move that way?
Kliko
Yeah, I'll try and put a post up this evening.

That mangy dog is going to submit to the whoop-ass powers of Kliko's combat boots!
Kliko
I feel a bit of a cheapskate, but then again wasting 400 nuyen.gif on a puppy.... spin.gif
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
With a heavy boot and a toothy smile, he place kicked the vicious beast down the road and into hell.
Sweet love.gif
Bastard
I thought there would be some more interaction, or some introspection, here. If not, I can push forward again.
Kliko
Give ntwi a day. Otherwise, I'll setup a post.
ntwi
Sorry, been busy moving the entire house into the garage and pulling out the old carpet. The new carpet went in yesterday and feels great. I'll get something up today with Kliko's black tendril thickening? I had sort of been expecting more byplay between Kliko and Bubba.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012