Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Mister Juan
@Bastard
Can we just walk around in full combat gear "around" the tarmac? Is it a private field or a regular airport? I'm just curious because I'm starting to get a rather serious writing itch nyahnyah.gif
ntwi
No medkit for me, but with magical healing I'll patch people the rest of the way up after a medkit is used.
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 2 2013, 03:28 PM) *
@Bastard
Can we just walk around in full combat gear "around" the tarmac? Is it a private field or a regular airport? I'm just curious because I'm starting to get a rather serious writing itch nyahnyah.gif
Combat fatigues and TLBV's won't be an issue. Weapons out in the open is not preferred, though we'll be ferried using a transporter van from the private jet to a helicopter.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 2 2013, 12:28 PM) *
@Bastard

Nothing is stopping you, though Miss Johnson has stated you are supposed to wait about 30 minutes for your ride to pick you up. She is going to leave in her limo giving the appearance of business as usual. After a 30 minute delay, you will exit the cargo hold into the back of a truck which will take you to the helicopter.

However, feel free to walk around the tarmac if you like.
Kliko
Where did the itch go Juan?

I'll have a post up tomorrow otherwise.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Feb 3 2013, 05:41 PM) *
Where did the itch go Juan?

I'll have a post up tomorrow otherwise.

Busy weekend.
Mister Juan
Which meant don't wait up on my account! When I write, I'll just flashback the whole thing like I do about 50% of the time!
SneakyJoeKDB
@Bastard

How many bottles of water did Bubba get from the bar?

What is the local temperature? Highs and lows for the mission day?

I am itching to get this mission rolling! Looking forward to some combat! cool.gif
Bastard
I will have the temp in the next time stamp.. Bubba took 6 1 litre bottles.

Check the #1 post for updated maps.. There is a link to the #1 post in my signature "Evolution Campaign."
ntwi
Can we get sky conditions as well when you post the temp? It'll make a bit of a difference for Felix if it's clear vs overcast. (clear skies = invis, cloudy = ruth polymer)

Time to get the group harder to see and easier to walk:
[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
The Drop Zone is your current location.

Maps are found in OoC Post#3306. This post with the Map Links, is linked under Current Links for Run in the OoC Post#1 for future reference. If you are not in Linear View on your forum settings, you can find a link to the OoC Post#1 in my signature. Sorry for the convenience.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 14 2013, 01:17 PM) *
Kliko
Ok, I have a pretty clear picture of the route Kliko will take the team.

I'll post an IC tomorrow.
Bastard
Poor Bubba... frown.gif
Kliko
I loved Sneakies post notworthy.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Thanks! lol, it was one of those times you just start typing and it takes you somewhere unexpected. Besides it seemed appropriate to let the players have a little background on why Bubba is who he is.
Mister Juan
I loved it!

...and totally ripped off on the concept for Ludi's post nyahnyah.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Nah! loved your post, in fact your posts inspire me!
Mister Juan
@Bastard
Is the Sat Phone datajack enabled? I'm starting to think that Ludi might actually make some calls while they are doing their little hike.
Bastard
Just a plain sat phone. No bells or whistles.
Bastard
Can I get some rolls from people:

Athletics
Athletics
Stealth
Stealth
Perception

I am leaving you guys at the southwest corner of Dehtorkaman.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 14 2013, 03:10 AM) *
I thought we passed it along its North Eastern side question.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 13 2013, 11:10 PM) *

QUOTE (Kliko @ Feb 13 2013, 11:30 PM) *
I thought we passed it along its North Eastern side question.gif

That was not clear in your post, and don't pass landmarks please. There maybe "events" there. vegm.gif

You guys already just magically went down the cliff side. Why dont you google map me your route?

I will move you to the South East side of the village.

Kliko
Google mits the dirt tracks in their path recognition... silly.gif
Bastard
Check the Facebook page.

I just uploaded a map. Show me your route please.

I can give you guys maps, but if you dont tell me where you are at, I am going to make mistakes, then I will tip my hand, then you guys will go, oh but we meant this way, so now we just avoided your event.

So, use the map from facebook, edit it with your planned path, and I will reedit it with your current position. You can also use the previous links to get different images, screen shot and edit them and post them to the Facebook page as well.

I will postpone my previous IC.
Kliko
Posted the suggested route on the facebook page. Kliko would rather take a detour to avoid populated areas then the shortest route available.

Here are some rolls:
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Here's for Ludi

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
I forgot to have Ludi mention this off hand earlier: she now officially believes that Felix is a lazy bum nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
IC is updated and moving.

New maps on facebook.
SneakyJoeKDB

Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]

ntwi
Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]

SneakyJoeKDB
When do the ghouls attack?
Kliko
Bastard, can you update our position on a map? Unsure where you placed us right now.
Mister Juan
I say we just go through the village. Screw going around; that's for sissies nyahnyah.gif
Kliko
And get shot by the local militia? Me not think so.
Bastard
I did update the map.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Feb 15 2013, 12:57 PM) *
And get shot by the local militia? Me not think so.

There might not even be a local militia nyahnyah.gif Plus, we're practically invisible!

If we get to the mosque and there's already people there, or the Veil is gone, I'm can promise you you'll get the "I told you so" line nyahnyah.gif
ntwi
Felix will prefer to go up higher (~30m) if we are going through the village. He'll make sure the poncho is tucked beneath him as he sits to ensure that he stays concealed.
Bastard
Kliko, looks like they are waiting on you to draw me another path, then I will post your next location along that path.
Kliko
Will post it this evening.
Bastard
I have your traveling order as:

Duster

5m

Felix

25m

Kliko

10m

Ludi

15m

Starling and V

20m

Bubba

Since your distances were never specified, this is what I envisioned from your postings. If its supposed to be different, too bad too sad... this is what it happens to be at the time of the "Dog Event." vegm.gif
Mister Juan
Do you want me to just write, or state Ludi's action OOC?

If you want it OOC first, before I post it, here it is:
Ludi is going to use her off hand (the one that doesn't have its finger on the trigger) to take one of those Energy Bars from her pocket. She's going to tear the wrapper open with her teeth and throw the bar at the dog.

Now, I just hope I didn't waste a perfectly good meal on a flesh eating hellhound wink.gif

Also, thank you Bastard for giving Ludi a chance to probably say "I fucking told you so" to Kliko while covered in dog gore.

EDIT: Nevermind giving him food! I just reread the post and noticed it ended with "slowly approaching" Ain't got time to feed the stray dog. That pup's going down. She's going to fire a single shot from the hip just in front of him to see if that scares him off. If not, well, she's going to give him a full burst.

[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 17 2013, 11:56 PM) *
I have your traveling order as:

Duster

5m

Felix

25m

Kliko

10m

Ludi

15m

Starling and V

20m

Bubba

Since your distances were never specified, this is what I envisioned from your postings. If its supposed to be different, too bad too sad... this is what it happens to be at the time of the "Dog Event." vegm.gif

I was under the impression Bubba was behind Ludi and the dead weight was in the back, but no big deal either way. So how much noise do we want to make here? Bubba is going to pull out the Laser Cresent Axe and sling the HMG.
Kliko
Did Ludi strip a sound supressor in the end?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Feb 19 2013, 03:40 AM) *
Did Ludi strip a sound supressor in the end?

Yes, she has one.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 18 2013, 09:32 AM) *
Do you want me to just write, or state Ludi's action OOC?

If you want it OOC first, before I post it, here it is:
Ludi is going to use her off hand (the one that doesn't have its finger on the trigger) to take one of those Energy Bars from her pocket. She's going to tear the wrapper open with her teeth and throw the bar at the dog.

Now, I just hope I didn't waste a perfectly good meal on a flesh eating hellhound wink.gif

Also, thank you Bastard for giving Ludi a chance to probably say "I fucking told you so" to Kliko while covered in dog gore.

EDIT: Nevermind giving him food! I just reread the post and noticed it ended with "slowly approaching" Ain't got time to feed the stray dog. That pup's going down. She's going to fire a single shot from the hip just in front of him to see if that scares him off. If not, well, she's going to give him a full burst.

[ Spoiler ]

Go ahead and write it up Mr. Juan. Ludi kills the dog with a burst fire to the face.
Mister Juan
So I take it the warning shot didn't faze it and it went for her?
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 19 2013, 06:35 PM) *
So I take it the warning shot didn't faze it and it went for her?

After the warning shot, the dog paused, barked, growled some more, drooled, became more aggressive and continued his advance. Per your previous post, you popped him with burst fire when the warning shot didn't scare him. Based on your roll, my roll, and damage resolved, I decided that instant death meant you blew his head off.
Bastard
Youre posting in the IC next Mr. J, or me? Or someone else want to write it up, then their reaction after the (silenced) shots fired.

Kliko might hear it (Perception 6 - audio, dog - on fail, Perception 10 - audio, gunshot), the bimbos dont see it, and Bubba will probably not notice (Perception 12 - visual).
Kliko
Kliko has a -4 for hearing tests.
[ Spoiler ]
Guess he'll notice wink.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 21 2013, 02:30 AM) *
Youre posting in the IC next Mr. J, or me? Or someone else want to write it up, then their reaction after the (silenced) shots fired.

Kliko might hear it (Perception 6 - audio, dog - on fail, Perception 10 - audio, gunshot), the bimbos dont see it, and Bubba will probably not notice (Perception 12 - visual).

I'll write it up, don't worry. I just had a very busy shift yesterday, and I was due back in this morning. So yea, busy, tired and soon rich nyahnyah.gif

So anyways! I'll have something up tonight, for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012