Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Mister Juan
I believe Kliko has pretty much hit on what extra gear Ludi might have wanted.What she already has, and I'm not sure if you've already account for it are a combat load vest with all the required pouches, a large military rucksack and a lage equipement pouch. The only things she would REALLY make a point on taking with her, and thats pretty much just “fluff� are:

-tan in a bottle (she's a pearl skin russian chick.... she's going to stand out like a sore thumb!)

-a camouflage poncho

-a bikini (in case its actually nice weather nyahnyah.gif and you never know when the plan might call for Sexy Ludi ™ )

As for what she plans on bringing (spoilered for space, you are all welcome to look!)

[ Spoiler ]

Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Sep 25 2009, 07:07 PM) *
-a camouflage poncho

Check, it was the raining season right? We might want to add DEET in there as well, though the jungle is just trop beaucoup as far as insect repellents are concerned.

Ludi won't have to bring her transceiver unit (Kliko provided for them). I already took into account that she had a combat vest, but wasn't sure about the rugsack. It saves us some hundred nuyen.

Don't forget to add the gear Kliko requested you to obtain in the IC (this spreads out the workload somewhat)...

For clarity's sake I will post Kliko's own packing list in spoilers (El Bastardo wasn't to big fan of this)
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Laser ax does a little more damage and is one handed.

I missed your salty question back there.

You will not need salt since you will only be in the tropics for at most 10 days. In addition, you also have food, which will supply all the salt you need. What you really need to worry about in the high humidity of the tropics, is water.

---------------EDIT------------------

Are you guys waiting on me to post another IC?

Plus, Duster has not been able to acquire those IVs and stuff...

KLIKO - How much money did you guys pool together, and how much of it is left?
Kliko
We got the nuyen.gif 18,000 team pool and nuyen.gif 8,000 up-front fee from mr Smith

nuyen.gif spent total: 16,320
nuyen.gif left in the team pool: 9,680

In case Duster didn't get the IV equipment we better hope for Sugar to succeed with the personafix. Alternatively Kliko has another rating 4 tranq-patch around.

Me and Mr Juan will post and then you can get the post up with us flying out to French Guyana.

Note Kliko will probaply sleep during the trip.
Mister Juan
@Bastard
Any info on who Chupa is and what he/she can provide?
Also, did you want some rolls for Ludi getting the map softs?
Bastard
Chupa is a contact that Miron set Ludi up with. From Ludi's understanding, he is sort of a fixer, based on Miron saying, he will get you what you need.

Rolls not necessary, if the availability is low then you got it. After I have the whole list, I will have you guys make rolls for the high end availability.
Kliko
Just trying to speed things up:

- Mapsofts/autonav chips nuyen.gif 25, availability always. Lets say this is a somewhat more exotic mapsoft of French Guyana (nuyen.gif 50), Cayenne (nuyen.gif 25) and Kourou (nuyen.gif 25), Total nuyen.gif 100
- 2x Rating 3 Linguasofts, availability 6/36 hrs, Total cost nuyen.gif 3,376 (already taken into account)
- 1x Rating 6 personafix/aliaschip, availability 6/36 hrs, Cost nuyen.gif 450 (already taken into account)
SneakyJoeKDB
Do you think we will have use for a heavy machine gun or too cumbersome?
Kliko
To cumbersome, unless we can arrange for a yacht to stash our target. Though if you want to impress Kliko make sure to bring it along to the workshop. He will be impressed love.gif
Bastard
BUMP

What are you guys doing?

Shots?

When do you guys want to leave by?

I need order lists from everyone with the following information:
Item
Amount
Cost
Availability
Street Index

IF YOUR CHARACTER IS READY TO GO - POST "READY"
Mister Juan
God damnit! I had a nice post all typed up and the god damn thing crashed on me..... I think I might start writing stuff down on actual PAPER.
Anyways.... I'll rewrite it tomorrow probably. In a nutshell, Ludi was calling Kliko to tell her the info she had, etc... She then gets in touch with Roland and tells him they'll take everything except the Yellow Fever thing (the one thats REALLY expensive). And then she goes and buys the mapsofts. So yea, I'll have a new post up tomorrow to sum all that up....
Bastard
That has happened many of times to me now.

So now I write everything in Word, then copy paste, post, edit to add in bolds and colors and other shit.
blindfox
im starting to do that as well.

anywho, here's my packing list:
[ Spoiler ]

and my shopping list, short as it is:
[ Spoiler ]

and i know kliko mentioned rations, did we remember iodine tablets?
and to be honest, im not even sure how much money we got from smith to spread around pre-flight. hope i'm under budget
Kliko
QUOTE (blindfox @ Oct 1 2009, 02:11 AM) *
and i know kliko mentioned rations, did we remember iodine tablets?
and to be honest, im not even sure how much money we got from smith to spread around pre-flight. hope i'm under budget

Lets presume the iodine tablets are included in the Jungle-version field rations (for simplicities sake).

Not to be an ass Blindfox, but you can't use a sound supressor on the FN-HAR (it already has the rating 2 gas-vent on the barrel mount). It's also quite the expensive weapons setup ( nuyen.gif 6k for the weapons system + internal smartlinkII and after street index), that's not something Kliko is going or willing to spend on the team's account.

-EDIT-
Juan, pls add in contacting one of the Guyana fixers to arrange for a large skiff (one that can hold the party considering Bubba's enormous size).

Otherwise Kliko is READY after picking up and packing his supplies.
blindfox
np. dont have my books with me to cross reference...
sugar can make due with his smartgun and predator anyway, no biggie
Bastard
It seems like we really need a bump.

So... later tonight I will post the next IC. I assume you all are getting your shots. I figured people with military background would have some of them.

So... cost to the team fund will be:

200 nuyen.gif Tetnus/Diptheria
200 nuyen.gif Typhoid
500 nuyen.gif Hepatitis A-B shots
500 nuyen.gif Hepatitis B Booster shots (@ 1, 2 and 6 months)
500 nuyen.gif Dengue Fever
3000 nuyen.gif Yellow Fever
4000 nuyen.gif Immunoglobulin/Rabies* (includes Boosters at 7, 21, and 28 days)
8,900 nuyen.gif Total

In addition, Roland gives you the medical supplies you requested for holding the target.

*Only Duster and Bubba require the Rabies shots. The Immunoglobulin also contains a lot of antibody boosters and is very effective against normal infections and will give them an extra die for resist disease and toxins over the next month.

*The shot also requires that they receive booster shots at 7 days, 21 days, and 28 days. Roland preps syringes (needle to be attached when ready for injection) for the seventh day shots, which are to be kept frozen until needed. He packs them in a Styrofoam container filled with dry ice, which has a vent on the top so it will not explode.

Now, who wants to give Duster and Bubba their shots?

blindfox
sugar can give duster his shots... but he'll use a 14 gauge needle and make it hurt ;p
Bastard
No doubt. Immunoglobuline is generally delivered in a 14 guage. Remember that shot you got in the ass in basic?

Little known fact though, as a past phlebotomist and medic: The larger the guage (smaller number) the less painful the actual stabbing is. This is due to the fact that you are not apply as much pressure in such a small area, and the needles seem to glide in easier.
Bastard
Hey blindfox... need two quickness tests for Sugar.
blindfox
[ Spoiler ]

also, very nice post, aaron smile.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Sep 30 2009, 08:30 PM) *
God damnit! I had a nice post all typed up and the god damn thing crashed on me..... I think I might start writing stuff down on actual PAPER.
Anyways.... I'll rewrite it tomorrow probably. In a nutshell, Ludi was calling Kliko to tell her the info she had, etc... She then gets in touch with Roland and tells him they'll take everything except the Yellow Fever thing (the one thats REALLY expensive). And then she goes and buys the mapsofts. So yea, I'll have a new post up tomorrow to sum all that up....

I figured we skipped the yellow fever shot...

@Bastard:
Ah well, Ludi is up next to contact her fixers. Funds are there, we fly out. No money, no extraction and a very pissed off crew. Is the remaining nuyen.gif 8,000 in the manila envelop together with Hausmann's file?

-EDIT-
Ok, I just needed my shot.... blush.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (kliko)
Ah well, Ludi is up next to contact her fixers. Funds are there, we fly out. No money, no extraction and a very pissed off crew. Is the remaining nuyen.gif 8,000 in the manila envelop together with Hausmann's file?
of course!

Just put up an IC post. Reply if you want... I will add more to the Hausmann File tomorrow, hence the ellipsis.
Kliko
Ok.

It would be kind of stupid to put something in the IC to scan for working schedules, agenda's, routines etc. fragger is working on the damned arkology right? Damn.
blindfox
yeah, suddenly my attention shifted from jungle warfare to MOUT
Bastard
QUOTE (blindfox @ Oct 3 2009, 11:52 PM) *
also, very nice post, aaron smile.gif

Thanks, chief! blush.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 8 2009, 12:21 AM) *
He also has a personal drown that goes with him everywhere

A drown sarcastic.gif ? Presume this should be drone? Does the file include a picture of the drone?

I will put up an IC in the course of the day (CET).
SneakyJoeKDB
From the read... it seems the best bet to catch this guy is on the jogging trail. Also we need to find out about visitation... How does one live or or get to reside on the arkology, is it for workers only or can you buy a room, do they take tours through?

Also It appears there is access twice a day, what does it take to get some fake employee badges or what not?

The drone must be the big hang up. I am sure it can alert, record, and track. We need to EMP the thing during extraction if possible. The other issue has to be security cameras everywhere. At 6:30 a.m. is it dark?
Kliko
I left that for Ludi/Juan to point out. I trust/hope -fingers crossed- that she will be able to jam the drones sensors.

Scaling those 20 stories is going to be very difficult to say the least. By the looks of it we're best of infiltrating Ludi and/or Duster in the facility, have them kidnap Hausmann during his morning jog, rapel down the side of the arkology or cliff and pick the three of them up at the arkology's base.

Sounds like a plan right?

-EDIT-
Sunrise in French Guiana is around 5:46
blindfox
a few notes i drunkenly jotted down last night as i read it:
possibly enter the arkoblock through the underwater apts. also perhaps locals know a secret way inside. remember the on duty mage patrolling astrally. remember to kidnap his drone, if we end up not chipping the fragger.

SneakyJoeKDB
I have a suspicion that drone may be more valuable then he is... Definetly add it to the kidnap list.
blindfox
maybe we can find a rigger in kourou who can hook us up with a device or two for limiting the functionality of the drone. I'm sure ludi can jam it and perhaps some other handy tricks as well, but its not something she needs to be forced to maintain concentration on. what i was figuring was that he might be less responsive, or even unmanageable without his pet drone; like a boy who loses his puppy. of course if we successfully chip him with a personafix, the drone won't matter.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 7 2009, 10:59 PM) *
A drown sarcastic.gif ? Presume this should be drone? Does the file include a picture of the drone?
Oops. Typing while reading notes and not watching my letters magically appear. No picture of the drone.

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 8 2009, 07:14 AM) *
The other issue has to be security cameras everywhere. At 6:30 a.m. is it dark?
As Kliko posted, it is early in the morning, about 30 minutes after sunrise.
Mister Juan
Sorry I haven't posted much this week. Been pretty busy at work. I was planning on having tonight be my big posting night... but it's 8:46pm, I just got back home, and I need to be back at work at like 6 am..... So yea, I'm brain dead at the moment.
Unless something goes horribly wrong, I should be back into full gears by this weekend.
SneakyJoeKDB
delete
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 8 2009, 01:10 PM) *
rapel down the side of the arkology or cliff

Lets do this with style... Parachutes baby!

Can we get some detailed satelite mapping and/or images of Devils Island etc like through google earth or is this information blocked?
Bastard
That info is available.
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 8 2009, 11:44 PM) *
Lets do this with style... Parachutes baby!

Character can't parachute... let alone base-jump

@Bastard: I was especially looking for wind and sea conditions. (Choppy seas, hard winds, etc.)
blindfox
Sugar can wink.gif
Kliko
@Blindfox: Coolness. Can Sugar do a tandem-jump with Hausmann?

Perhaps infiltrating the underwater section isn't that bad an idea (provided we can get some scuba-gear etc.). We could blow up the room next to Hausmann's, flooding his appartment, enter through the blast-hole, get Hausmann out (before he drowns...) and get out.

Though 1) it risks Hausmann drowning and 2) attract immediate security attention... finally, we don't have a clue on the arkologies underwater security measures...
SneakyJoeKDB
Well, my first suggestion is for us to try and infilitrate quietly through fake security badges and/or employee badges. We can see what we can get from the local contacts/fixer. We could also steal some badges from Arkology employees and have them altered.

Parachutes and or one of those hangliders could work for a quick off the cliff extraction. We could create a diversion for the roaming security guard patrol, such as a scuffle in the gym and/or a rowdy tourist? We still need to see if public tours are available?
Kliko
Bring a rope with a babysize inflatable lifejacket. Toss it over the cliff and in to the water where the skiff(drifting around on it's anchor) picks it up. Put some tension on the cord and rope slide down right into the boat! Why complicate things?

Stealing some badges sounds like a plan.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 9 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Bring a rope with a babysize inflatable lifejacket. Toss it over the cliff and in to the water where the skiff(drifting around on it's anchor) picks it up. Put some tension on the cord and rope slide down right into the boat!

That would definetly earn you some style points. You know we could strap him to Bubba or put his zombified body in a human sized backpack as Bubba slides down the rope. an extra hundred pounds wouldnt make a difference to the fat and incredibly strong giant-Troll. -this reminds me of a movie where "Andre the Giant" rope climbed a seemingly 200 ft cliff with two guys strapped to his back. Andre pulled them all up.

I do have this image of Fat Bubba in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, sandals, and a straw hat. Dangling around his neck would be multiple cameras and a silly smile as he infiltrates the Arkology as a dorky picture taking tourist.
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 9 2009, 02:34 PM) *
I do have this image of Fat Bubba in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, sandals, and a straw hat. Dangling around his neck would be multiple cameras and a silly smile as he infiltrates the Arkology as a dorky picture taking tourist.

That is quite a disturbing picture Sneaky grinbig.gif
blindfox
so im drawing on what i know from rappelling out of helicopters but hausmann doesnt even need to be conscious on the rope as long as someone has him on belay. it wont be an easy landing for either the belay man or the unconscious scientist but it could work. when this happened i was the belay man and he knocked me right the fuck over, but no one got hurt and the blackhawk was 90' up. however, rappeling and bounding down the side of the building would require consciousness.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 9 2009, 12:38 PM) *
Bring a rope with a babysize inflatable lifejacket. Toss it over the cliff and in to the water where the skiff(drifting around on it's anchor) picks it up. Put some tension on the cord and rope slide down right into the boat! Why complicate things?

Stealing some badges sounds like a plan.

This is actually a really sound plan.
The only "issue" I can see is that we need a way to smuggle in said rope n stuff.
Bastard
Isn't the belay man the guy holding the rope at the bottom - from my experience repelling out of helicopters. Air Assault Medics!

BTW - A weather update for Kliko - A nice breeze, is present on the coast, while winds pick up a bit off shore. The water can be somewhat choppy, especially close to land formations.
Kliko
Somehow having Bubba as belay man sounds so much more comforting than being Bubba's belay man spin.gif

@Bastard: Choppy seas mess up radar signatures right? We'll make the pick up at Devil's islands leeward side. The swell should be somewhat more manageable there.

@Juan: You should be able to put enough line/rope into a weekend size bag from Ludi's and Kliko's ascent/descent kits. We just need another harness for Hausmann though (or construct somekind of a tandem harness). One bag holding the rope and descent kits, another bag holding the jammer and bug scanner (we should check Hausmann for anyother hidden DocWagon bracelets etc.) and jamm the drones sensors. When we send over Duster and Ludi we don't even need weapons cool.gif

-EDIT-
Alternatively we could fire a grapple gun from the boat so all the need are the descent harnesses? Though, I strongly favor the lower-tech option.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 10 2009, 05:34 AM) *
Somehow having Bubba as belay man sounds so much more comforting than being Bubba's belay man spin.gif

@Bastard: Choppy seas mess up radar signatures right? We'll make the pick up at Devil's islands leeward side. The swell should be somewhat more manageable there.

@Juan: You should be able to put enough line/rope into a weekend size bag from Ludi's and Kliko's ascent/descent kits. We just need another harness for Hausmann though (or construct somekind of a tandem harness). One bag holding the rope and descent kits, another bag holding the jammer and bug scanner (we should check Hausmann for anyother hidden DocWagon bracelets etc.) and jamm the drones sensors. When we send over Duster and Ludi we don't even need weapons cool.gif

-EDIT-
Alternatively we could fire a grapple gun from the boat so all the need are the descent harnesses? Though, I strongly favor the lower-tech option.

I doubt it would happen, but lets pretend for a second that employees coming for the shore get somewhat screened; trying to explain why one has like 100meters of rope with them is going to be a bit hard wink.gif I remember that SR4 has "micro rope" or something of the kind. It something like half as strong as actual rope, but it's about the thickness of fihsing line. Do we have something similar in SR3? Would make for less luggage. Depending on how much time we have once we're on/in the ark, Ludi might even disassemble the jammer and bug scanner before, and reassemble them once in.

As a plan B, I do like Kliko's idea of the grapple gun.

So, if I understood correctly, the current plan is, roughly:
-Get some employee badge (fake them, steal them)
-Have 2 runners infiltrate the ark (with rope, harness, bug scanner, jammer)
-Have the rest of the team get a boat
-Grab the target on his morning run, knock him out for easy manhandling
-Draw a zipline from the ark to the boat
-Zip down to boat
-Get the fuck out
-Eat donuts
-Take funny pictures of target while unconcious, post them on the matrix.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 10 2009, 03:34 AM) *
I think you mean eek.gif or when they add this :squishy:

QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 10 2009, 03:34 AM) *
I believe radar has a hard time picking up anything on the sea, or lower than twenty feet in the sky (or something like that), so we can all agree that yes the waves will help conceal your radar signal.

QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 10 2009, 12:54 PM) *
I remember that SR4 has "micro rope" or something of the kind. It something like half as strong as actual rope, but it's about the thickness of fihsing line. Do we have something similar in SR3?
I do not believe that is out yet, but just in case your plans change, do you really want Bubba on a "half as strong" rope? rotfl.gif

QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 10 2009, 12:54 PM) *
So, if I understood correctly, the current plan is, roughly:
-Take funny pictures of target while unconscious, post them on the matrix.
That is just mean.

blindfox
sounds good to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012