Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
I noticed (thanks to the e-mail notification functionality). Do you want to split up the team in Bubba-Duster-Kliko and V-RG-Relentless or continue the current 3x 2 setup?

For me/Kliko it is of course either way (though he would advise Duster to take some rest). I will write the IC-post in-line with your preference
Bastard
Are you asking me or Sneaky?

To me... it is your call. I was prepping you guys for a 2 team of 3 because I thought Jaruen was coming back...

...but he lied to me.
Kliko
Ok, I will put an IC-post for 3x 2 up then.

Daruen is not necessarily lying Aaron, he just has other commitments (like his newborn?) to maintain as well
Bastard
His wife takes care of all the kids... he just kind of squats there... and eats most of the food. rotfl.gif
Kliko
Well, he should cherish such a wife in my opinion. I'm happy enough with my GF preparing my breakfast and lunch.

Let's move things somewhat forward in-game. We'll be ascending the Cascade Gulch (until the saddle between Shastina and Shasta) in one long push and then rest for an hour/hour and a half before making our push to the upper Whitney Glacier in the direction of Red Banks (setting up camp at the top of upper Whitney Glacier, presumed location of camp Whitney?). Best to leave some cammings and screws in the snow or rock for the others to secure themselves. It seems the reasonable thing to do.

Elevation in Hidden Valley appears somewhat higher on google maps (9400 ft as opposed to 8400 in our posts???) should we edit accordingly?
Bastard
My hiking trail map and my shasta map show it at 8400...

I will leave it for now, because google maps and mapquest have sent me astray before. twirl.gif

Post will be up later this evening.

And by the way... its Jaruen with a J not a D.
Bastard
Ok, I double posted in the IC... so you guys are bumped up there.

I also need two more Survival Tests from everyone - that's the same list of tests as before.

I have you guys moving about 1.5 miles of trails and 2000 ft of elevation at a little more than .5mph.

I will be offline most of tomorrow and will be reformatting my hard drive.
Kliko
Cascade Gulch #1:
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

Wilderness Survival check:
[ Spoiler ]

Wilderness Survival Synergy check:
[ Spoiler ]

Cascade Gulch/Upper Whitney Glacier:
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Perception check:
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Phase 1
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Quickness check:
[ Spoiler ]

Willpower check:
[ Spoiler ]

Phase 2
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Quickness check:
[ Spoiler ]

Willpower check:
[ Spoiler ]

Perception:
[ Spoiler ]

I am guessing Bubba didnt see anything...
Bastard
Feel free to post IC, these rolls will go into effect later.

....my computer is still copying files to my external...

dead.gif blarg. dead.gif

Dont know if I answered this for you Sneaky:
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Apr 6 2009, 12:36 PM) *
When you say at a +2 do you mean the quickness test is at a +2 or both the quickness test and athletics tests are at a +2? Also, how does this test work exactly? the first 2 tests reduce the modifier and the last test needs to generate how many successes to avoid damage?
Your target number is a +2 if you use Quickness instead of Athletics.
You can choose to use either Quickness (at a +2) or Athletics, which ever you feel will give you a better chance of success.
In the Survival Test is an exhaustion modifier, which I am letting you use the first two tests to reduce/negate.
The final roll, Wilderness Survival, defaults to Willpower, is the actual test to see how the environment has affected you.

Sorry for the late reply to that, and I hope it answers your questions.
SneakyJoeKDB
That does answer my question... I am better off using athletics I think... although I do not feel like working the statistics. Let me re-roll to athletics tests. But I guess it depends on what the target modifer starts at. If the target begins at 6 then quickness is better, if it begins at 4 athletics is better. At least that is my hunch, before I crunch the numbers.

Athletics Test 1:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics Test 2:
[ Spoiler ]

In IC, where exactly did we see this flash? in the sky? on the Mountainside? I am hesitant to post IC until I know if any of these dice rolls will play into the encounter more or do we have enough info to post in IC now?
SneakyJoeKDB
Kliko,

I went ahead and posted IC... I spoke to Aaron last night and his computer will be down through the weekend. He told us to post to what he has on there now.
Kliko
Ok, I will post somewhere this evening (morning/noon your time).

Cheers,

Kliko
Kliko
Bastard, feel free to roll things forward either to the saddle (next stop) or finally camp Whitney. We'll post after you (yes I know you hate double posting).
Bastard
I will just add onto my last post.

Result of your last three rolls:

Kliko
[ Spoiler ]
Bubba
[ Spoiler ]

EDIT
I replied to Kliko's email...

I thought you guys might wonder if each other said something. grinbig.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 19 2009, 02:07 PM) *
...whatever this is... its bound to respect that ranger"... 'what do you have to hide Kliko, apart from being a badd-ass motherfucker about to sneak into a great dragon's lair?'
rotfl.gif
Kliko
Sneaky, you sure Bubba mentions Kliko's name in that sentence on the soykaf or is it in there for illustratory (is that even english?) purposes?
SneakyJoeKDB
Ah I can change it... originally I intended to say "my buddy here," but Klikos was easier to type. wink.gif

updated!
Kliko
Pfeww... ohplease.gif would make my day. It would be rather suspicious now I'm about to radio in as Chuck Finley cyber.gif .
Bastard
Oh... and i was gonna put

" I dont even know what a Klikos is!"
SneakyJoeKDB
Lol... yeah that could complicate things...
Kliko
It is a specific type of garbage disposal unit: http://www.page4life.nl/img_blog/050421kliko.jpg

Kliko
Any prescribed format for audio transmissions by radio?
Bastard
no... aqua is fine
Kliko
all right, post is up. Best hope we didn't screw up our ranger. These guys are all about protocol and such frown.gif .

Althoug Kliko doesn't have a radio procedures skill, I'd figure he would be fine with his background?

Just let me know when to roll for negotiations etc. (or alternatively rp the encounter, for me either way are fine)
Bastard
Yes, basic radio communication procedures would be known by military background.
SneakyJoeKDB
FYI Guys, I am leaving the states and heading to Ireland and England for an international business trip for the MBA program I am in. I am leaving tomorrow and will return May 4th. I may still have access to internet, but in case I dont or my posts are less frequent you will no why.

Bastard would you like me to bring home a Kilt for you so that we can replace that mini skirt you like to wear? nyahnyah.gif
Kliko
Bastard, perhaps you'd like to edit the radio channel spin.gif ...

Good luck with your MBA Sneaky cool.gif !
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 22 2009, 10:33 PM) *
Bastard, perhaps you'd like to edit the radio channel spin.gif ...

Oops... I know I put the wrong channel and I havent even checked the IC yet!
wobble.gif

Have fun overseas Sneaky!
Bastard
Need three more sets of rolls for Bubba and Kliko.
Kliko
Camp Whitney #1:
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Camp Whitney #2:
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Camp Whitney #3:
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

IC-post will be up later this evening CET
SneakyJoeKDB
Camp Whitney #1:
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

Willpower
[ Spoiler ]

Camp Whitney #2:
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

Willpower
[ Spoiler ]

Camp Whitney #3:
Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

Willpower
[ Spoiler ]

Looks like I have internet in Ireland, but may not have it in london. So for the next few days I can post in the evenings...

Also what is at camp whitney? Anything to make a suitable shelter?
Kliko
I'm trying to find some pictures of it, but all I get are these climbing reports which state how easy the climb was :-s. Anyway, we'll dig up some snow shelters here (for ourselves as well as the others, they must be broken when they get up here).
SneakyJoeKDB
Sounds good... we will want a few of us per shelter for body heat... also we will need to make sure we can get air into our shelter and make sure it is supported if the snow piles high. Do we have any long air tubes or anything?
Bastard
you guys have snow tents with a vent for sterno lamps
SneakyJoeKDB
Kliko, we may want to radio the others about the spirirt and how to deal with it...
Kliko
better radio them on their status. Fortunately our comm-gear is encrypted, signal hopping etc. etc. stuff...
Bastard
Hmmm... I thought I posted this yesterday:

Kliko is at 7 boxes of stun
Bubba is at 5 boxes of stun

This stun is basically how much the environment is affecting you in combination with your physical exertion.

Now that you are resting:
The first hour will drop two boxes of stun
Then every hour will drop one box of stun

I will have an IC up later tonight

---------

Added later

KLIKO, can you adjust your time on the second half of you post? It is going to take longer than 5 minutes to build a 1-1.5 meter (3-5.5 foot) wall of snow.

Also, it might be easier to stomp down a depression in the 2 feet of snow, instead of building a wall. Just a thought.

I will post tomorrow after any edits.
Kliko
Ok, will amend i the course of this day. We have some high priority issues I have to deal with at work first.

-Edit-
Presume we use part of the dug out snow to create the wall and part stomp it down
Bastard
Feel free to jump it forward a bit if you want. Relentless and RG will be there in another 30 minutes or so.
Kliko
RG and Relentless are Kliko's main concerns now (not that he is in a shape to do a damned thing about it). Next post will be another call for them to report in.
Kliko
Sneaky, could you edit the timestamp in your last post? I think we need sme more time (5-10 minutes) before we got the water boiling and tea drinkable. rotate.gif

-EDIT-
Bastard, I'm waiting for your post. Kliko knows nothing about the astral (would make for a nice cyber eyes mod: astral perception)
SneakyJoeKDB
Hey Guys!

I am back in the states flew in late last night, I have to do a lot of catch up with work etc. I will be ready to post by Wed Evening.
Bastard
Welcome back!
Bastard
I am going to bump you ahead to your wake up time... unless you guys got more. Let me know when you are scheduled to wake.

I am off to work, so I will post tomorrow sometime.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba follows Kliko's lead so whatever he decides.

Enjoy work and dont fall into any water towers.
Kliko
Probaply hitting bed early (around 19:00), getup at 2:00, kit up for business, putting timed bottle bombs in place and complete a final comm-check and battletac-pre-check before heading out.

I was wondering whether we are all wearing snow coveralls (http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8932/32107502hy0.jpg)?
Bastard
You guys are not wearing over-whites (snow coveralls). As to Relentless' plan, that would not make you look like regular hikers.

Why do you want to nuke your stuff? Would that not draw more attention to you guys, and the fact that if they notice something wrong the next day (if your mish goes well) wouldnt that give them a suspect?

You guys have recovered from all stun damage!
Kliko
Bastard, check my pack-list. A snow-white on top of my camo full-suit is included in there (so at least Kliko is covered).

I was in the supposition that we would hike as regular hikers to Camp Whitney, rest, kit up and proceed stealthly from thereon (hikers are very unlikely visitors at 5 AM in the morning).

Destroying remaining camping gear would make for an easier getwaway (less load to carry of the mountain) as well as provide a diversion (it should be set to go-off until we're half an hour away from the Lodge -this leaves some time for recon and actual insertion-, note the timer included in my pack-list). Finally the serie minor explosions should be placed such that remaining equipment is rather severly burned/destroyed as opposed to blown/scattered away (big risk in this type explosion).

The reason I'd opt for a snow-white is that I don't have a full camo suit (snow), but do want to be able to use the thermal dampening in my full camo suit (woods). Secondly, Kliko could only afford coveralls (I presume again) for the entire team...

Bastard
Where is your pack list? On your character sheet?

Over whites are what the military use in the snow, not that fake white/grey/grey camo. It works better because you are not trying to break up your pattern as much as you are trying to blend in with the flat matte of white of winter. Mine were always covered in oil of course - fucking broke ass FLAs and SUSVs - I spent more time doing emergency engine care than emergency medical care!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012