Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
I have nothing yet to enter for IC... if you are waiting on the cruiser to catch you, go ahead and NPC the boat up to 100 meters off your stern.
Mister Juan
Ludi will do like instructed; put some armor on, get her sidearm ready. That's it.

Their move I guess.
Kliko
Will put up an IC tonight/tomorrow morning CET. Juan, in case you'd wonder google translate is your friend, but doesn't take the romantized Russian. The cryllic version is: "Вы можете сделать мне одолжение"
Bastard
Let me know when youre ready for my input.
Kliko
Ready, let's rock and roll cool.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Yeah buddy, what's taking you so long... sarcastic.gif
Kliko
Negotiation-check:
[ Spoiler ]
Let's see how well this ploy works out. Considering the skiff's size it might even be true eek.gif
Kliko
Kliko is ready to rumble. He activates his auto-injector once Bubba throws his line (free action). Anything noteworthy on the CorpSec (loadout, armor, etc)?
SneakyJoeKDB
Just waiting on the patrol boat! Come get some!
Kliko
That's easy. I bet El Bastardo's next post is going to be something like:
Roll Reaction
or
Roll Initiative
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 13 2010, 05:22 AM) *
"S'il vous plaît ne pas me tirer dessus."

rotfl.gif

Good luck!

Yes, roll initiative so it is ready.
Kliko
Initiative-check:
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Initiative-check:
[ Spoiler ]

SneakyJoeKDB
Initiative-check:

[ Spoiler ]

oh the crap stick!

Can you send us a diagram of boat position and crew?
Kliko
Be happy! one of them is going to throw us a line! That means one less gun pointed in our general direction! facelick.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Maybe I should bust out some karma pool on that roll?
Kliko
Your roll, your call ork.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
I think I will. What are the karma rules? One karma one die change or new roll?
Bastard
FEEL FREE TO CONTINUE IN THE IC - THOSE ROLLS ARE FOR UPCOMING ACTIONS. That way we are not waiting on rolls. grinbig.gif

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Apr 14 2010, 06:46 AM) *
Can you send us a diagram of boat position and crew?
Upcoming. 16 hour work days this week so far. Hopefully tomorrow will be light, as I finished a major project today. Yay me! indifferent.gif

QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 14 2010, 06:56 AM) *
Be happy! one of them is going to throw us a line! That means one less gun pointed in our general direction! facelick.gif
Actually, three guys! grinbig.gif
QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 13 2010, 03:57 PM) *
Another armed man moves to the front of the boat and readies a roll of white rope, as do two of the men in the rear section.

QUOTE (bastard)
KARMA POOL

All Karma Pool for every player is dumped into the Team Karma Pool.

When using Karma Pool for additional dice or successes, they are purchased as such:
- 1st die/success costs 1 Karma
- 2nd die/success costs 2 Karma
- 3rd die/success costs 3 Karma
- etc., etc., etc.

Minor uses of Karma Pool refresh at a rate of one-half at the end of the encounter. This is will be rounded to the players' disadvantage, of course. Minor uses include:
- Reroll one die on failure
- Additional dice (before roll)

Moderate uses of Karma Pool do not refresh until the end of the mission. Moderate uses include:
- Oops
- Add one success
- Hooper-Nelson Rule (Lower a Target Number of 12 or more)

Major uses of Karma Pool are permanently burnt. The amount of Karma spent is dependent on the situation and is determined by the GM.
- Hand of God - will not burn all Karma Pool and Good Karma. It will however, permanently burn an equal share of the Team Karma (if there are 3 players, 1/3rd burned, 4 players, 1/4th burned). In addition, that same amount is spent as Moderate Karma Pool used. Permanently burnt Karma can be divided up however the players see fit, but we will be always using Team Karma, so it shouldn't matter, so I would disperse it as evenly as possible.

KEITH
You can reroll this as an Oops, but since Initiative is not a one time test, as it effects you throughout the combat, I am going to charge you 2 Karma to do it.

If we get too carried away on burning Karma on rerolling Initiatives, I might have to raise that cost in the future.

Kliko
Delaying actions until Bubba boards the cruiser and starts kicking ass.

Simple action #1: Ready weapon

Free action: Activate smartlink II

Simple action #2: Fire weapon (@machine gunner)
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba will make his move after I see the diagram and have an understanding of boat distance, machine gunner position/proximity, crew positions, and boat design. Also knowing the difficulty it would be for a giant to hop aboard the patrol boat and pull out the batons and clang away.

Here is what I am thinking with the current information:
Bubba to jump aboard and position himself to where the three patrol boat crew are between him and the machine gunner. That way the machine gunner will have to shoot his own in order to hit Bubba. In the process Bubba will "Quick draw" both extendable stun batons and clang two of the crew members and force kick the third into the machine gunner. Then rush them both clanging them on the heads. Will rinse and repeat as necessary.

I decided to use two of Bubba's personal karma pool and reroll to great effect.

New intiative Roll: Using Oops rule
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics:
[ Spoiler ]

Melee attack Baton 1
Reach +2 target number 4-2 = 2
[ Spoiler ]

Melee attack Baton 2
Reach +2 negated by additional target + 2 base = 4
+3 combat pool
[ Spoiler ]

Melee Force Kick
Reach +1 3rd target + 4 base = 7
+4 Combat pool
[ Spoiler ]

Well, thought I would roll the dice since everyone else has.
Mister Juan
Free Action: Active Jammer via DNI

Simple Action: Quick Draw, Fire SA (@the guy at the top of the vessel)

Simple Action: Fire SA

[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
Once they toss the rope, they need you guys to tie it off, then they will pull it in. I assume you want to leap before they tie the boats off, so you still got a couple guys off guard. Correct?

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Apr 15 2010, 07:00 AM) *
I decided to use two of Bubba's personal karma pool and reroll to great effect.

New intiative Roll: Using Oops rule
[ Spoiler ]

There is no Personal Karma:
QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 14 2010, 08:27 PM) *
QUOTE (bastard)
KARMA POOL

All Karma Pool for every player is dumped into the Team Karma Pool.

Bastard
Here is what I see your skiff as... now that Kliko is steering it from the front. wink.gif

Something like this LITTLE SKIFF, but 2.5 times longer and the steering close to the front end.

EDIT

Actually... I have no idea where anyone is, except that Kliko is on the other side of the boat.
Kliko
Picture works for me.

Initially I imagined the skiff without a steering console and with the skiff approaching from the cruisers front end. Let's stick to the setup in El Bastardo's drawings. That should work just fine spin.gif

[ Spoiler ]

-EDIT-
Sneaky, I guess you or Bastard are up for the IC.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 16 2010, 03:16 AM) *
Picture works for me.

Initially I imagined the skiff without a steering console and with the skiff approaching from the cruisers front end. Let's stick to the setup in El Bastardo's drawings. That should work just fine spin.gif

[ Spoiler ]

-EDIT-
Sneaky, I guess you or Bastard are up for the IC.

I had also imagined the approach as Kliko did. From my understanding everyone else was near the engine and Bubba was in the front holding the rope as the patrol boat approached. I thought Kliko had turned the skiff towards the patrol boat? Anyhow since you have Bubba in the back that works fine too. I will Just work with the diagram.

edit: I did go back and read the IC and you do say the patrol boat approaches from the aft.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 15 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Once they toss the rope, they need you guys to tie it off, then they will pull it in. I assume you want to leap before they tie the boats off, so you still got a couple guys off guard. Correct?

There is no Personal Karma:

Well in that case I will use two of the team Karma pool. I am sure it is an appropriate time, then again I dont know what all you have in store for us in the future.

Action:

Bubba leaps to the rear of the vessel as it is being pulled in by the "idiots with ropes." His first attack will be on the guard in the rear without the rope, then attack the guard in the very rear with the rope, and finally to force kick the other guard with the rope overboard.

Bubba will leap at about 2-3 feet should be a piece of cake for a Giant.

I will post IC once you screen the move action and give me an idea what happened.
Kliko
Oh darn, just re-reading the combat rules... Them idiots we're shooting at get a chance to dodge (with max half their combat pool)! I knew this was going to easy embarrassed.gif

-EDIT-
Btw, I only rolled for my combat phase in initiative pass 16. I'll wait for all the actions to be resolved in the IC before Kliko goes into his next phase on pass 6
Mister Juan
Ludi will double tap which ever guy no one is shooting at wink.gif
Bastard
Dodging is stoopud.

They can only dodge a shooting enemy if they see the gun coming up, and use that as part of their action. If you surprise them, or win the initiative, too bad for them.

Too many rules! At least until it is one I find to my fancy. smile.gif

Will have an IC up, and also be updating my signature with Karma and Initiative.
Bastard
Ok... unless you guys have any IC updates, I will put up one tomorrow morning. Then I am off on vacation! cool.gif Yay! I will have my laptop, so I will try to post.
Mister Juan
AAAAARRRRRGGGGG
Your version of the french language is making my eyes bleed wink.gif
Kliko
That's just because we couldn't afford higher rating linguasofts rotfl.gif
Bastard
Dont blame me, blame the shitty American school system and Google!
Bastard
Dont blame me, blame the shitty American school system and Google!

Fixed it... somewhat. I cannot help it that the French language does not let me put my pronouns at the end of a sentence.

I usually reverse it to make sure it makes sense, but I was tired after I wrote the IC twice cause I accidentally closed it the first time.

Putting up IC for attacks - I have Bubba jumping to the mid section, where the rifle man and the middle rope guy are. This is significantly higher than your skiff, but since Bubba is like 12 feet tall, he can make it without too much difficulty, and this will be explained in my IC. However, you will only get to attack the first target on this turn.
Bastard
UPDATED THE LAST IC

Rifleman shoots Bubba with AK-97

[ Spoiler ]

Bubba is up.
Kliko
Sneaky, what are you waiting for! Soak that damage and we'll have Bubba fixed up in no time! It's true what they say in the book about your chummer with the first aid skill wink.gif
Bastard
My internet connection here is in and out. As soon as Sneak posts, I will start writing a word doc.

By the way, roll a Perception Test for your question you emailed me Kliko.
Kliko
Perception-check:
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Was out of town for work last two days and I am back now. Ok Bubba takes a hit lets see if I can get this all right.

Body Roll: Target number = Camo 5/3 + Form Fit 3/1 = 11 - 8 = 3 If I remember correctly the form fit stacks? if this is not correct I will add some un-spent combat pool to these rolls. I can't remember if Bubba had the helmet on or not so I did not include it. Still, if the above assumptions are correct Bubba was tickled by bullets.

Body Roll 1

[ Spoiler ]

Body Roll 2

[ Spoiler ]

Found the source, my assumption was correct.

"Form-Fitting Body Armor: Form-fi tting body armor uses
advanced synthetic materials that breathe and stretch with the
body, and is custom-tailored to each individual wearer. It can
be either worn as standalone armor or beneath other clothing
or armor.
When worn in combination with other pieces of armor, the
form-fi t armor rating is added to the other armor’s rating (ignore
the rule that only the highest value applies in the case of form-fi tting
armor)."

And head smash on tickle-me-elmo (rifleman): Target 4-2 = 2

[ Spoiler ]

Bubba will make his way to the donuts on the bridge and take car of radio man for eating his donuts or not saving him any.
Bastard
Sneak, your turn. Post IC, make rolls in the OOC.
SneakyJoeKDB
Roll on last guard is above. IC post up.
Kliko
IC is Kliko's action on pass #6. Ludi is next on #3?

Depends on how much of a fight the remaining mariner will put up whether Kliko will a) Threaten to shoot one of the cruiser's crew or b) Look for a boat hook and pickup the mariner who was knocked overboard.
SneakyJoeKDB
Perception check on bridge approach.

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
There seems to be some confusion about the boats.

The cruiser is much taller than the skiff
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''_________
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''/---------------|
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''/----------------|
________________/-----------------|____B____
\-----------------------------------------------------------|
..\---------------------------------------------------------|
...\--------------------------------------------------------|_______'''''''''''''''''''''''''''________/__|_____________
....\-----------------------------------------------------------------|''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''\-----------------------------------|
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/code]

There is the skiff height to cruiser's height. The B represents where Bubba jumped to, and took down the two guards up there. Kliko took the Gunner down off the front, Ludi took one off the front also, plus the one on the lower half deck.

Remember that you guys are not yet tied off to the cruiser, since Bubba jumped the void with 2-3 feet to go, then Ludi and Kliko reacted by shooting the guards, not continuing to close the gap or secure the lines.

Kliko, need an athletics test if you are going to make that jump. I also need a perception check.

Sneaky, the door to the bridge/cabin is closed.
Kliko
@Bastard: I understand. Kliko will tie off the skiff to the cruiser and put his helmet on. Then board the next turn.

Athletics-check:
[ Spoiler ]

Perception-check was
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Is it locked? If so Bubba will ask Kliko for a concussion grenade and blast the door nob with a shotgun round. Then slide the "prepped" grenade inside and drop to the lower deck.
Mister Juan
Is it me or are we just ridiculously efficient? I mean.... almost an entire patrol boat in a matter of seconds?
It feels like we're Jason Bourne beating up a 80 years old grandma.

P.S. You think our two local fixers might be interested in buying a corporate patrol boat? nyahnyah.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
LOL! Yes... things worked out at least as good as could be expected. So far nobody has even got hurt thanks to the fat human body shield. Glad Kliko and Ludi packed some ownage.

As far as the patrol Boat goes I think that will be the last thing they want. With Hausemann missing and a patrol boat missing, we are leaving behind an ugly trail.
Bastard
Well... I am finally home from S. Cal. Unfortunately upon my arrival, I found my home computer will not turn on. I believe that when I turned it off, it did not power all the way down, so either my power source is burnt up, and/or my motherboard. mad.gif Anyone else know what might be wrong?

Fortunately I have almost everything backed up on my external, but it was back in December.

I also came home to find other personal and professional problems, so after a great vacation, I am already stressed being home for less than 12 hours! Can't wait for my next one, already. dead.gif

So, now I wish I had more baddies to shoot at you guys, to relieve this stress! vegm.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUBBA
- Yes, the door is locked. The structure looks strong enough that you do not think you can break through it, but that means you will probably not need cover either.

KLIKO - Update your IC according to the new information.

The soldiers have modified vests sewn into their armor jackets, it seems. Probably not best to leave them floating in the water without checking on them though, since they could have landed face down, or be weighed down with other gear.

LUDI - You are the Borne family. Usually good planning goes along way.

EVERYONE - Keep posting IC up until Bubba, or someone blasts open the door to the bridge.
Kliko
I'm back after a weekend sans internet. I'll edit my IC so we can proceed.

@Bubba: Don't think Kliko brought the grenades when he boards the Cruiser. Guess we'll have to force a surrender... ork.gif

@Bastard: Good luck resolving your personal problems. Tough luck bringing on more Corp Sec. The best thing with less-lethal ammo is that you get to keep the hostages!

@Mr Juan: We got initiative, just wait until the combat drug in Kliko's system wears down. Besides, it feels good being Jason Bourne and knocking down 80yr. olds nyahnyah.gif

@All: We had a simple and cunning plan. Those usually work out for the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012