Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
I still dont have your character sheets, because they are on the inop computer.

Doesnt Ludi also have Jaxx as a contact?

I thought he was a freebie I gave everyone.
Mister Juan
Yes, she does have him as a contact.
Kliko
Ah well, can't work through the same fixer all the time cool.gif . A good team diversifies their source of income/jobs.
Mister Juan
I think Ludi has like 3 other fixer contacts. That's not counting the other 10 or so people who can get them stuff/intel/jobs.
Don't worry... we're sorta covered wink.gif
Bastard
okay... i will edit my last IC Post now.

Kliko may have to edit his post afterwords... sorry.

Miron is Russian, correct?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jun 25 2010, 07:58 PM) *
okay... i will edit my last IC Post now.

Kliko may have to edit his post afterwords... sorry.

Miron is Russian, correct?

Serb
Mister Juan
And that is some shitty russian syntax wink.gif
Bastard
Using google translate... and I didnt check it yet.

Is it mumbo jumbo?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jun 25 2010, 09:55 PM) *
Using google translate... and I didnt check it yet.

Is it mumbo jumbo?

I got the jist of it wink.gif
Bastard
I tried to edit it a bit... but it still comes out like a quote from a drunken fool.
Kliko
Don't worry about it.

I'll see how I can edit my post today.

-EDIT-
Since when is Jaxx texting in Russian? I edited Kliko's IC-post.
Bastard
dammit... I will edit again.

spin.gif
Kliko
Don't edit, post you Bastard! nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
I edited that it was supposed to be Mirons second text to Ludi
Mister Juan
Like stated, Ludi will call Johnson.
Bastard
Sorry for the delay... I just reread your last post Mr. Juan.
Mister Juan
Ludi will call the other fixer, Chupa. The one Miron referred them, but that Johnson isn't aware of. In a nutshell, Ludi wants a "quote" on an extraction out of French Guyana and back home. She wants to know the cost and method, but also how much time Chupa would need to put the whole thing in motion. Basically, she's setting up a backup "let's get the hell out of this country" plan.
Bastard
Do you have a location for N 5° 1' 6", W 52° 41' 39"?
Or is this a random number. My Google Earth is not loading so if you are using something different, what is it?
What kind of place is it? Middle of the jungle? In a village, outside a village? Near the river?

Where exactly is this road/town you are in? Are you planning to have the meet near where you are? Or are you taking the skiff back down the river quite some distance?

Feel free to push the story along after these are clarified. I need to know how far Mr. Johnson has to travel, and an idea of the local of the meet.
Kliko
Just copy paste it in Google Maps wink.gif It should give you a good idea of what I looked for. They even have photo's of the river landing when you enable that specific feature.

It's basically one of the few places where a road gets close to the Kourou river and where you can actually get from the river to the road fairly easy. It looks like a parking opposite some small huts on google maps and in the present day. There is a small road that leads you back (or further depending on where you come from) to the river (some 500m). On the river-side there appear to be some small skiffs on anchor and a small little jetty to get on/off.

It is up to you to decide what's there in 2062. It could be a busy ferry point, an active (or abandoned) holiday resort, or <insert convenient GM plot-device here>. The location is an approx 24 minute drive (22.7 km) from Kourou city, so the Johnson (Smith was his name right?) shouldn't find any difficulties getting there (unless French Guyana has an overgrowth problem). The team will need to take the skiff back down from up-river to get there, but fortunately we have all day to get there. We're probaply able to get there 2-3 hours before midnight, which should give us plenty of time setting up meet security and hiding the skiff.

I don't really have anything further to add, so feel free to move us forward to the meet itself. I described our setup in IC section wink.gif
Bastard
Hmmmm... the Kourou River looked a lot bigger/longer on another map image I had.

Is this what you guys have?

Meeting

That means the end of the river is only about 10km inland, as the bird flies.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 6 2010, 11:05 PM) *
Hmmmm... the Kourou River looked a lot bigger/longer on another map image I had.

Is this what you guys have?

Meeting

That means the end of the river is only about 10km inland, as the bird flies.

That's exactly it.
Bastard
Okay... where are you planning to disembark? Walk from the river's end to the meet? Or from the closest bend to the road, and then up the road to the meet?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 6 2010, 11:13 PM) *
Okay... where are you planning to disembark? Walk from the river's end to the meet? Or from the closest bend to the road, and then up the road to the meet?

This is my answer: indifferent.gif
Bastard
Well... when you and Kliko decide, let me know so I can write my next IC.

grinbig.gif
Mister Juan
*points to Kliko* he's in charge, not me.
Kliko
We'll disembark here, then hike up the little trail there to the meet site. It looks better with the satellite view.

Oh my head hurts from last night world cup celebrations wobble.gif I think I might have spammed Juans messenger-program as well...
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 7 2010, 03:49 AM) *
I think I might have spammed Juans messenger-program as well...

Yes wacko.gif . Yes you did.
Kliko
@El Bastardo: On second thought, best keep Duster with the skiff. That way we have both approaches (land and water) covered beret.gif
Bastard
So I have Duster with the Skiff.

I assume it will be Kliko, Ludi and Bubba hiking up the road with Hausmann...

How about Sugar?
Kliko
Sugar acts as recon moving out ahead of us. He will remain some 500 meters further up the road from the meet site to provide advance warning of anything coming our way.
Kliko
Who's next up for the IC? Kliko or Ludi?

I understand Sneaky is occupied by moving his family to another state?
Bastard
It shouldnt be too much... he is moving from one desert wasteland to another.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 15 2010, 11:15 AM) *
20:33:25 Local Time Monday, 23 January 2062 - Kourou River, river bank near Saramaka

Old wooden signs with french writing and numbers hang all over the boxes, and one large one hangs from the roof.

@Bastard: Whats on the signs? Shouldn't be to much of an issue with the rating 3 vision mag and our French and Creole linguasofts smokin.gif

-EDIT-

Stealth-roll:
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 15 2010, 12:58 PM) *
@Bastard: Whats on the signs? Shouldn't be to much of an issue with the rating 3 vision mag and our French and Creole linguasofts smokin.gif

-EDIT-

Stealth-roll:
[ Spoiler ]

Anything you guys need from me?
Kliko
I'm just waiting until Bastard rolls us forward into the meeting. I think I described our plan sufficiently enough in order to proceed. This last round around the place is just fluff (though nice to find there are some pickups as backup rides).
Mister Juan
I'm good to go.
Bastard
My computer is back online! And very fast, and ultra awesome. I think I am in love... love.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The meet isn't for another three hours, so I do not know your full plan. I gave you a layout, so you have a better idea where you want to be before and during the meet. Let me know exactly where everyone is going to be, then I can bump forward.

The signs just have names of different types of poissons. There are a few with names of fruits, nuts and vegitables. They of course have numbers obviously relating to the prices. The large sign just reads "market."
Kliko
Sugar: 500 meters up the road back to civilization
Duster: Guard duty near the skiff and keeping an eye out on the waterway
Bubba: Jungle near one of the abandoned battered buildings to the right and some 70m from Kliko's location, overlooking the market and road leading from this dump. Bubba's not the patient one, but sometimes you have to just sit completely still for a couple of hours while you feel the leeches,ants and centripedes crawl all over you.
Kliko and Hausmann: Jungle near one of the abandoned battered buildings to the right. Same as Bubba they have to sit it out
Ludi: Put up your happy face girl, you're about to meet mr. Smith

You can presume everybody gets some chow and everybody except for Ludi is in place one hour before the meet. She'll probaply be checking with her fixer Miron whether our escrow funds have been released. I guess she'll be calling mr. Smith when the funds are still on hold.

Sometimes you just got to be patient...
Bastard
The buildings are not abandoned.
Kliko
Same locations, just got to be careful nobody stumbles over one of us when taking a dump.
Bastard
The clearing is on one side of the road. The market sits just off the road, opposite the clearing, along with all of the houses.

So you guys are all on the market side or the clearing side?
Kliko
Check, I imagined the market on the place and instead of the clearing. We'll be shooting away from the shacks and market, prowling its outer edges.
Bastard
Sent an updated map to your emails.

I will update the IC again tomorrow about this time, if there are no questions.
Kliko
No questions.

Just letting you guys know I'll be on a sailing trip with spotty forum-access at best for the next two weeks.

I do have good acces to my e-mail. So feel free to drop me a mail if my input is required.

Cheerio,

Kliko
Bastard
Have fun! Watch out for sharks, orcas and giant squid!

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully by the time you get back, Keith will have returned.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 22 2010, 08:51 PM) *
Have fun! Watch out for sharks, orcas and giant squid!

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully by the time you get back, Keith will have returned.

On the lakes of Frisia??? I doubt it (though they saved a lost killer whale this year). We have monstrous catfish though.
SneakyJoeKDB
Hey guys...

I am still lurking here and there and following the game. I just havent had time to post or put much thought into the posts.

Things have been crazy at work with this CAD transition and then I took a relocation offer to Nevada. I am trying to wrap things up here so my replacement can do the job and then I have a new job to learn and a move to make (we just bought a house too!). I will try to post when I can, but at the very least let you know if I dont have time.

One other thing... Can Bubba find any donuts, scones, or sugar and bread with some jam at the market? If there is an extra three hours, unless Kliko advises otherwise, Bubba would like to find a fix for his donut addiction and at this point any fried type bread with some jam or sugar would do.
Bastard
Looks like everyone is away for a while...

I will bump the IC again next week if I do not hear anything...

Mr. Juan, you still around?

Kliko will be MIA for another week or so, and Sneaky is still AWOL for the time being.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 28 2010, 08:44 PM) *
Looks like everyone is away for a while...

I will bump the IC again next week if I do not hear anything...

Mr. Juan, you still around?

Kliko will be MIA for another week or so, and Sneaky is still AWOL for the time being.

Yes sir. Still around! Just somewhat busy, as always.
Bastard
Okay... I will await the return of Kliko and Bubba before I move forward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012