Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
SneakyJoeKDB
Wont it be cool if we get to blast a horde of zombies? But a better question is if we do take the tunnels how the hell will we find our way to the Mosque?
Kliko
Yeah, I feel a bit bad about lending out my shotgun to Knuckle Duster
Mister Juan
I say we go underground just because it'll be much scarier nyahnyah.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
So are we going UG then? What do we have to help us navigate? Also someone needs to take accountability for the decision or at least need an explanation of why we chose this path.
Mister Juan
Because of "Awesome" ?
Bastard
All sound like valid reasons.
SneakyJoeKDB
Updated IC, Bubba is going in. TIme to punch a Zombie in the Face!

In case you need these:

Perception x 4
[ Spoiler ]

Any "you are here" Maps? -Looking for directions towards the Mosque. Bubba will need a translator of course, but it is likely the map will also be in English if said map even exists.
Kliko
Kliko has an orientation system which should help navigate the underground. I'll try and wirte up a brief IC tonight.

-EDIT-
Tonight, will be tomorrow frown.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Bastard, nice dialogue post! rotfl.gif
Kliko
@Bastard: Is there a metro stop at/near the IUST campus?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 10 2013, 12:25 PM) *
@Bastard: Is there a metro stop at/near the IUST campus?

Check the IC
Kliko
Better, I checked Tehran's metro-grid!
Bastard
So far you found the bus route/schedule for 2020.

However, there is a downstairs and upstairs, as well as other pillars.
ntwi
Is there an above ground monorail or just offices upstairs?
Bastard
No elevated monorail at this station... it looks like offices
Kliko
Sneaky! you're up!!!
SneakyJoeKDB
Simple IC up.

Stealth - rolled four times in case you need it later.

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
If it isn't obvious already, I love writing dialogue for you guys interacting with Bubba. Sorry if I take too much liberty with that.

Note: Good ole' Larry the Bum is a reusable character for Sneaks and me.
SneakyJoeKDB
Feel free to interject the dialogue; I am glad you enjoy playing Bubba as much as I do. And the dialogue you injected was very funny too! rotfl.gif Larry the bum, oh brings back some Jr High School memories. Was there a pickle jar by chance?

Bubba's plan is to give food to the bum if the bum can show them how to get to the Mosque or University from the subway, or at least point the team to some some helpful maps. He would also want to see if Larry the bum can offer the team information on the Mosque, what may be inside, threats, legends or stories etc.

You can continue to add dialogue relating to the above since you are on a roll.
Bastard
The man seems confused, and is unable to help with guide you. He is able to point out several maps hanging from the wall near by.
Bastard
Since we were dragging a bit, I made everyone's map reading, land nav and perception rolls for them.
Kliko
I'm just enjoying your guys conversation grinbig.gif

How's Duster handling the shotgun? Kliko really wants it back when he take spoint in a metroplex system...
Good thing Kliko brought along an Ultrasound sight (piped to his smart/image link)...
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 26 2013, 12:43 AM) *
I'm just enjoying your guys conversation grinbig.gif
Thanks!

QUOTE (Kliko)
How's Duster handling the shotgun? Kliko really wants it back when he take spoint in a metroplex system...
Good thing Kliko brought along an Ultrasound sight (piped to his smart/image link)...

Take it from him. Do you want to give him something else instead?

--------

Walking order?

Kliko / Bubba
- - 10km - -
- - - - Duster
- - 5km - -
Felix - - - -
- - 5km - -
- - - - Starling
- - 5km - -
V - - - -
- - 10km - -
- - Ludi - -

?
Mister Juan
wait.... 10km? That's pretty far....
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 28 2013, 08:34 PM) *
wait.... 10km? That's pretty far....

Just making sure that you're paying attention! grinbig.gif
Mister Juan
Shit, I might not have posted in a while, but I still read the thread nyahnyah.gif

I'll get you one of those pointless "I am angry Ludi post" tomorrow wink.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 28 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Shit, I might not have posted in a while, but I still read the thread nyahnyah.gif

I'll get you one of those pointless "I am angry Ludi post" tomorrow wink.gif

Dont forget to mention the scary things you think you are seeing/hearing! vegm.gif
Bastard
All these complaints about the server being down, but I dont see any posts...

Dont worry, I will have something up by the end of the week...

vegm.gif
Bastard
Map Links OoC post updated.

Have a tunnel map up tomorrow.

Roll Initiative.
Kliko
Initiative!
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Initiative!
[ Spoiler ]

Nasty rats! Where are the zombies?
ntwi
Huh, what? Slow reactions from not posting more I guess.
[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
Holy cow, a quad post.
ntwi
Deleted
ntwi
Deleted
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Aug 3 2013, 09:37 PM) *
Holy cow, a quad post.

That happens a lot when I post from my phone.
Bastard
Running late today... working graves. I will try and get the game updated tomorrow.
Bastard
Updated Maps again.

INITIATIVE
21 Bubba
19 Starling
17 Duster
15 Kliko
13 Ludi
12 Felix
12 V
09 Rats
-------------
11 Bubba
09 Starling
07 Duster
05 Kliko
03 Ludi
02 Felix
02 V
-------------
01 Bubba

Since you all go before the rats, feel free to go out of order. Dont worry about waiting on your teammates. I will move your NPC teammates all at once as well. Sound good? Too bad, that is what we are doing to keep it moving.
Kliko
What distance are the buggers?

Kliko's actions are:
[ Spoiler ]
I'll write up an IC tonight.
SneakyJoeKDB
How close are the rats is there time for a grenade at a safe distance? 1st choice if deemed safe.
If grenade does not seem plausible then full automatice fire on the rats. Bubba will shoot at three targets, three-two round bursts.

Stoner Ares HMG
Damage Code 10S
Recoil bonus -3
Laser sight -1
APDS Ammo

Offensive Grenade 15S- if rats are far enough away to avoid collateral damage to himself and teamates
[ Spoiler ]

Full Auto - 2 bullets each - three targets
[ Spoiler ]

Sorry if i miscalculated the modifiers -check my work. I had to refresh myself on the rules of full-auto, multiple targets, and recoil. I assumed there was no spacing between the rats so no modifier added there. If the grenade attack is a go then Bubba's second round will be the Full Auto on the HMG.
Kliko
You can also opt for using suppresive fire (Cannon companion p. 106). It expands your options a bit.
ntwi
Sounds like time for another Stunball.

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Bubba can do the grenade, but how far away from you are you throwing it? The devil rats are 3 meters to 15 meters away, and mixed in with all the regular sewer rats.

If you were to use firearms, I had a +1 modifier for shooting a small target, and +1 modifier for scurrying (zig zag movement) target.

Note that you are near the walkway that is about a foot off the tracks. There are also two sets of tracks, each set about 2.5 meters wide. They are about 2 meters apart from each other, and 1 meter from the edge. The walkway is approximately 1.5 meters wide.
Kliko
Sounds like targets galore!

Kliko targets the group closest to himself (and Bubba?) first.
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 7 2013, 01:32 AM) *
Note each target/rat gets an additional die to its damage resistance test for each target in front of him

Maybe anything directly behind a devil rat, but really you are raining death from a high angle. That wouldn't really give them any cover.

I will update when I get home in a few hours to include all moves so far and any posted before then.
Kliko
Yeah, but I figured it would be appropiate to note out the drawbacks of this shotgun madness. It gets even worse when using the burst fire feature...
SneakyJoeKDB
@bastard, ok so if i have this pictured correctly the rats are down on the tracks which is slightly lower than the walk that Bubba is on? That being the case he would throw the grenade towards the back of the rats about the 12 meter mark and then drop down assuming the walk can grant him some cover from the blast. After the blast he will pop back up and proceed to full auto blast anything still coming at him. The grenade should go off at Bubba's next turn (11). When he throws the grenade he will also yell grenade to warn his team.

Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 7 2013, 09:37 AM) *
@bastard, ok so if i have this pictured correctly the rats are down on the tracks which is slightly lower than the walk that Bubba is on? That being the case he would throw the grenade towards the back of the rats about the 12 meter mark and then drop down assuming the walk can grant him some cover from the blast. After the blast he will pop back up and proceed to full auto blast anything still coming at him. The grenade should go off at Bubba's next turn (11). When he throws the grenade he will also yell grenade to warn his team.

You are not on the walkway. You are next to it. It is only a foot off the ground, so think of it as a tall side walk. It will offer you minimal coverage. Did you check the House Rules for Grenades in the #1 OoC? The link is in my sig.

QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 7 2013, 01:50 AM) *
02:23:28 Thursday, 12 October 2062 – Train Tunnel running west from Baqeri Station, Tehran

"Frag." - "Devil rats!"

Kliko slammed down the vizor on his security helmet as he watched the onslaught of rats whirling towards them.
Bringing up the Franchi Spas, the comforting smartlink crosshair indicator appeared in his field of vision.

'Eat flechette, motherfraggers'
The Spas spewed out its deadly load in a hail of flechette tearing apart the devil rat infestation ahead of them.

Flopping rat carcasses was about all that remained in the shotguns cone of fire...

Sweet post... but... Where is your ultrasound scope? Mounted on the SG, or is it your cybereyes?

EDIT: Gotta run to an appt... have update tonight.

Map updated on facebook!
Kliko
Its on the top-mount of the shotgun, piped through a datajack and projected on his image link.
ntwi
My poor ears, the shotgun burst and now the grenade blast inside a tunnel... total stealth here guys wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012