Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
Sorry for the delay in posting... as always.

I think I have two redshirts now...

I am hoping that Forces In Motion is still just having computer difficulties.
Mister Juan
I forgot to mention it last week: I quite enjoyed Bubba's packing list wink.gif
Mister Juan
Did I mention that THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 28 2012, 11:22 AM) *
Did I mention that THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!

Is that a good thing?
Mister Juan
I guess that depends where we're going wink.gif
Bastard
As always, Bubba throws a wrench into my plans of a comfortable meet to make the Johnson seem reasonable.

By the way, new people, or old ones that have forgotten, my Johnsons are not like FASA/Wizkids Johnsons. In my view of Shadowrun, it would be completely ridiculous if the Johnson ALWAYS screws the runners over. This does not make any sense and is the dumbest plot twist ever. If it is expected, it is not a twist. In my Shadowrun world, the Johnsons are more like fixers. There is a reputation for them to uphold, and if they use a fixer to set up a meet and the runners constantly get screwed over by said Johnson, that Johnson would lose major rep, lose a contact, and probably get a hit put on him by the fixer.

This is how I have you guys seated at the conference table in the plane:

^^ back of the plane ^^

(walkway) - - - Duster - - V (wall)

(walkway) - Starling - - - - Felix (wall)

(walkway) - - - Kliko - - Ludi (wall)

- - - - - - - - - - (bar)
(<< Door)
- - - - - - - - - - Bubba (recliner)

vv front of the plane vv

This is kind of what it looks like, but its all chairs, the table is oval, so their is no head, but instead the ends are at a slight angle, and the table seats six.
Best example I could find, but not exactly (looking from the back of the plane, from Knuckle Dusters view to where Miss Johnson came from)...
ntwi
Note to self: Learn the "Silence" spell for use on teammates. I think Felix has enough professionalism to avoid sitting there and smacking his head against the table or facepalming but it's close.

EDIT: Doh, posted this as Bastard was writing his post up. nyahnyah.gif

Always found supressors on select fire shotguns to be amusing but I might as well grab one if she's got them onboard. It sounds like she has FFBA and appropiate camo for the team, along with tactical kit.

If someone is going to post more of a team planning meeting (or if thats what we start doing back and forth) Felix will recommend getting everyone into identical camo gear for easier ID of each other in low light conditions. (although both Ludi and Felix have Ruth Polymer as well)
Kliko
OMG, I'm AFK for a few days and this is what happens! grinbig.gif

Will put up a post when I regained some sleep.
Mister Juan
Well, ntwi pretty much asked the questions I was going to ask wink.gif

Right off the bat, I can tell you that Ludi has no experience whatsoever in the Middle East, and if the place is a mix between Denver and Mogadishu, then, getting contacts on the ground will be a bitch.

Anyways! Once we have a better idea of where exactly we're going, I'll have Ludi check for alternate means of extraction, that is, if the Johnson's plan goes FUBAR. Depending on how close we are to an ocean, or what borders/countries are close by, we could have some alternatives.

ntwi's request concerning the linguasoft is damn spot on. I don't think any member of the team has any middle eastern language in their bags o' trick, so in that department, we're kinda fucked.

Now, I know we'll be inserted at night, so we can just sneak around the city in desert camo and ruthenium, but we could also consider wearing "local civilan clothing" over our armor/camo, or at least, have a change of local clothes in our packs.

If there's anything we need gear-wise, like the linguasoft, Ludi might be able to arrange a pickup while they are refueling in Japan (althought that will depend on a few rolls and Bastard's mood wink.gif) Same goes for intel. Once we have an exact location, she'll make a few calls and throw some money around.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 30 2012, 09:55 AM) *
Well, ntwi pretty much asked the questions I was going to ask wink.gif

Right off the bat, I can tell you that Ludi has no experience whatsoever in the Middle East, and if the place is a mix between Denver and Mogadishu, then, getting contacts on the ground will be a bitch.

Anyways! Once we have a better idea of where exactly we're going, I'll have Ludi check for alternate means of extraction, that is, if the Johnson's plan goes FUBAR. Depending on how close we are to an ocean, or what borders/countries are close by, we could have some alternatives.

ntwi's request concerning the linguasoft is damn spot on. I don't think any member of the team has any middle eastern language in their bags o' trick, so in that department, we're kinda fucked.

Now, I know we'll be inserted at night, so we can just sneak around the city in desert camo and ruthenium, but we could also consider wearing "local civilan clothing" over our armor/camo, or at least, have a change of local clothes in our packs.

If there's anything we need gear-wise, like the linguasoft, Ludi might be able to arrange a pickup while they are refueling in Japan (althought that will depend on a few rolls and Bastard's mood wink.gif) Same goes for intel. Once we have an exact location, she'll make a few calls and throw some money around.

Kliko already made the request for the civilian clothes and linguisofts. They will be provided, as well as a case for the artifact.
Mister Juan
Well, that's another thing already taken care of smile.gif
Mister Juan
And nice briefing post by the way smile.gif
Kliko
Yeah, the only real thing I forgot were... mapsofts!

It would kinda suck getting lost in Mogadishu (I suppose all you guys watched Black Hawk Down a zillion times) on foot...
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 30 2012, 10:12 AM) *
And nice briefing post by the way smile.gif

Thanks.

She still has more to give, but I was leaving a delay in case you guys had input, and I didn't want the post to be even longer.

I am going to try and get a post up tonight or tomorrow as well.

I can include your OoC questions in the IC as well, if you guys don't have time to post.
Mister Juan
Quite frankly, beside our still rather mysterious destination, Ludmila doesn't have a question/request that hasn't already been asked.
SneakyJoeKDB
Sounds like we have a small scale war on our hands. We need to get as much information on rival factions as possible. We also need to know exactly what we are after. I am sure that may answer some questions.
Mister Juan
Unless the Sixth World's middle east is full of anarchy torn ruined cities, could it be "guessed" as to where to the team is headed?

Intelligence Roll
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Good to see Jaruen and Bakon are still with us!
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 31 2012, 12:19 PM) *
Unless the Sixth World's middle east is full of anarchy torn ruined cities, could it be "guessed" as to where to the team is headed?

Intelligence Roll
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Are Middle Easterner's still wearing thobes for the men and the burka set-up for the women? Intelligence roll in general for clothing, culture, etc.

Intelligence:

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 1 2013, 12:48 PM) *
Are Middle Easterner's still wearing thobes for the men and the burka set-up for the women? Intelligence roll in general for clothing, culture, etc.

Intelligence:

[ Spoiler ]

Though there is much influence from western culture, most of the population has continued their cultural dress.
SneakyJoeKDB
So Ms. Johnson has a toothy grin. Why do I get the feeling Bubba just hit on a dragon?
Mister Juan
Because he probably has......
Kliko
Kliko is more concerned with slipping in the heavy weaponry (but then again he didn't see the teeth).
SneakyJoeKDB
That's freaking awesome!!! biggrin.gif
Kliko
Shoot straight, conserve ammo and ...
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Well we do have an HMG courtesy of Bubba and the Papa New Guinea run. Bubba actually has two now, but only brought one. In original Character Gen Bubba has a RPK-HMG. From the Papa New Guinea run he kept the Stoner Ares M107 we stole from the patrol boat. Both deal the same amount of damage, but the M107 has Gas Vent III and laser sight so it is better due to mods. The RPK does have a bi-pod but that is it.

Now if we could get Ms Johnson to score us an Assault Cannon or Rocket Launcher...

On a side note... Since we are going into a war torn City/Country. Is it normal to be sporting heavy weapon mounted vehicles or sidearms? We could always keep the HMG in the crate until needed.
Kliko
But the RPK has style! (just because she's Russian)
Mister Juan
If the city is in an anarchy like state, assault rifles in the open might actually be the standard way to go sarcastic.gif From what Miss Johnson said, I have the impression that there's going to be little to no "official" authority... so no one is about to call the cops on us.

I do agree with Kliko's statement that we might need some wheels once on the ground, depending on how much distance we have to travel and what exactly this damn item is. On the other hand, it might be that we won't find a vehicle to borrow....
ntwi
Ludi might not like it much, but Felix can call on a spirit to use it's movement power on us and increase our speed by a factor of ~5 or so, taking walking speed from 4m/turn to 20 (15mph), and a jog of 12m/turn into 60(~45mph).
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 2 2013, 08:07 AM) *
So Ms. Johnson has a toothy grin. Why do I get the feeling Bubba just hit on a dragon?
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jan 2 2013, 10:36 AM) *
Because he probably has.....
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jan 2 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Kliko is more concerned with slipping in the heavy weaponry (but then again he didn't see the teeth).
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 2 2013, 11:14 AM) *
That's freaking awesome!!! biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jan 2 2013, 11:19 AM) *
Shoot straight, conserve ammo and ...

Never ever deal with a dragon....

Dancing Dunklezahn on a pole! A guy can't even use a little tact in posts and you're all wound up.

Sneaky, why don't you just shoot her in the face and find out?
SneakyJoeKDB
Well we do have that 39 team Karma Pool!
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 2 2013, 08:52 PM) *
Well we do have that 39 team Karma Pool!

rotfl.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Well my other thought about Ms. Johnson is maybe she is a vampire because Bastard likes Twilight so much! nyahnyah.gif
Kliko
Twilight or Kirsten Stewart? That sounds about like a healthy young male specimen.

-EDIT-
I also imagine Ludi putting a white noise generator on the table.
Kliko
QUOTE (ntwi @ Jan 2 2013, 09:18 PM) *
Ludi might not like it much, but Felix can call on a spirit to use it's movement power on us and increase our speed by a factor of ~5 or so, taking walking speed from 4m/turn to 20 (15mph), and a jog of 12m/turn into 60(~45mph).
This is going to help us a lot when we get out of the fraggin place. Looks like insertion is going to be slow/soft and easy. We have all night for this op.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 3 2013, 08:08 AM) *
Well my other thought about Ms. Johnson is maybe she is a vampire because Bastard likes Twilight so much! nyahnyah.gif

Oh so much. Though, if I were going to have vampire, they would be based off Sethra Lavode, not Kristen Stewart.
Kliko
More like Kate Beckingsale in Underworld
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jan 4 2013, 01:41 PM) *

While Kate Beckingsale is hot as balls, Sethra Lavode is a bit more powerful.
Jaruen
We're talking about Bastard here...his tastes are more Kirsten Dunst in Interview with a Vampire love.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Jaruen @ Jan 5 2013, 12:37 AM) *
We're talking about Bastard here...his tastes are more Kirsten Dunst in Interview with a Vampire love.gif

And here I thought I had issues...
Jaruen
Oh, you do.
Mister Juan
So, is there anything else we really need to discuss besides everyone's apprehensions? I mean, until we know where we're going, there's little we can do....
Kliko
I was giving the others a chance at input.
As far as Kliko is concerned its all about risk management for this run.
Mister Juan
I think Ludi voiced her main concerns. Once we know where (at least what damn country!) we're heading in, she'll do her best to get at least one backup extraction plan for the team. Can't guarantee miracles tho....
Bastard
I will bump you guys ahead with my next post.
SneakyJoeKDB
I am actually excited for this mission. I get the impression half our team is going to die!!!!! j/king biggrin.gif

So, Mr. The Bastard feel free to roll us forward or your risk the wrath of Bubba dancing some more and it might get more risque!!! eek.gif

Sneak peek of the possibilities...

[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jan 7 2013, 04:58 PM) *
I think Ludi voiced her main concerns. Once we know where (at least what damn country!) we're heading in, she'll do her best to get at least one backup extraction plan for the team. Can't guarantee miracles tho....
Thats why we brought the Sat-phones. Kliko brought self-heating field rations and a water filtration unit. Worst comes to worst, we can shelter somewhere in the outdoors for a week or so.

@Sneaky: my eyes hurt!
Bastard
I will have more to post later.... got to get ready for work.

btw... we have been quoting the wrong date and time stamp from each other eek.gif

I have corrected mine, if you all can go back and edit your past few posts for the sake of continuity.

Just change the date to Tuesday, 10 October on everything since Kliko got the Go Text. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012