Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
In this case I have to do with Google-maps. Especially the 'terrain' feature in it worked wonders during our Shasta-run rotate.gif .

-EDIT-
Bastard, you want me to make an opening post for the group meeting or can I leave this up to you?
Bastard
I got it.

I am jumping you all to the meet with each other.
SneakyJoeKDB
Is Jaruen going to be involved?
Kliko
Not sure. We'll see whether he picks up posting again...
Bastard
He said he planned on catching up last weekend. I told him pick up on the last 2-3 pages, since a new mish was starting soon and i wanted him in from the start... not playing catch up.

Havent heard from him since. He is horrible about returning emails and phone calls, so if he does not post by monday i am writing him out for the time being.
Bastard
Talked to Jaruen last night... if he isn't posted by Monday I will write him out for this mission... then write him in when he is ready and we are starting another mission.
Mister Juan
@Bastard
In case it matters, here is what Ludi will be bringing.

[ Spoiler ]
Jaruen
Jaruen is planning on getting involved with this game. Guess I have some reading up to do, eh?
Bastard
SWEET CHOCOLATE SHIT! JARUEN HAS POSTED!!!

By the way.... Knuckle Duster *DID* go to Shasta... since you said you would be back in April, I NPCed him. No way to write him out mid mission outside of death/capture.
Jaruen
Well, you just made my intro post totally irrelevant...guess I have to go edit quite a bit, eh?
SneakyJoeKDB
Welcome back Jaruen!
Kliko
ok, I got myself some terribly expensive internet acces down in Portugal. I´ll put up a quick post in order to proceed with the meet.

Cheers,

Kliko
Bastard
You guys realize that the bar DOES NOT have SlurpeesTM, right? Those were some how transferred to the bar somehow from a comment I made in Blindfox's story when he was talking to Jaxx at Stuffer Shack. The Stuffer Shack has Slooshies while 7-11 (which is like a Circle K, AM/PM, Kwik-E-Mart, etc.) has Slurpees.

If you reread my last IC post for Bubba and Kliko, the bartender was confused when Kliko asked for a slurpie, and thus assumed you meant a margarita or daiquiri, thus he gave Bubba a margarita. I am sure the tequila assisted the cold in Bubba's brain freeze.

More importantly, and I have tried to correct this once before, the Johnson (Radek) IS NOT BINDING YOU FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS. He has contracted you INDEFINITELY and wants your TEAM READY IN ABOUT SIX MONTHS, when he will have some work for you. The money offered was to keep you held over until the jobs pick up... in about six months.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 20 2009, 10:57 AM) *
19:06:50 Tuesday, December 06, 2061 - ComTract Supply Co., Bar Room, Martinez.

Immediatly after Kliko's question, Bubba blurts out while slamming his fist to the table, "I says Yes!" While the attention is now on Bubba and his agreeable outburst, he smiles to himself, interlocks his fingers behind his head, and leans back in his chair awaiting the other responses -oblivious to the fact that Kliko's question was directed to the new comers.
I see the margarita has already had some affect.
SneakyJoeKDB
How about we make it a slushy magarita then... or a beer slushy!
Bastard
Well margaritas are slushy form.
SneakyJoeKDB
Well I am just making an assumption that the guy named "Keith" who owns the place would likely have some kind of slushy available. I mean this guy named "Keith" reminds of this guy I know and his friends -they drank slurpies almost everyday.
Bastard
These words you speak are true, but I think you overlooked the fact that the bartender is named "Aaron," and I know him and his slushies either contain tequila, rum or whiskey.
SneakyJoeKDB
I see, so you're saying the bar is run independently of the ownership? Or "Aaron" also owns part of the business and prefers to manage the bar?

Well after careful consideration of this discussion, I went back and properly edited my last two posts!
blindfox
please dont misconstrue this exchange for diasapproval of slushees and slushee-related beverages, for they are awesome cool.gif
Bastard
Agreed! Slurpees are awesome! However Slurpees are only available at 7-11, Slooshies at Stuffer Shack, and other knock offs slushy drinks are sold at other convenience stores.

Bubba can still think his margarita is a somewhat sour tasting Slurpee... just wanted you guys to know, that the bar does not have Slurpees.

Someone picked that up from a different post when Jaxx and Sugar were at STUFFER SHACK, not ComTract. that is why I use Time, Date and Location Stamps: to avoid that confusion. However, it seems to get scanned over a lot.
SneakyJoeKDB
Slurpees are not only AWESOME! Slurpees are the best!
Kliko
Ok, we´ll roll with until six months. Gives us some time for kitty kat bizz grinbig.gif
blindfox
so, are we rolling dice for the range time or just RPing it? because im afraid i need some tutoring on how to do the "spoiler" device

question.gif
Mister Juan
I swear, the word "kitty kat" is coming up way too often wink.gif

@Bastard
Just as pure fluff, I've switched Ludi's "Walther PB" for a "Makarov PM". Yes, it isn't stated. I'm just changing the name for the fun of it wink.gif
blindfox
i like makarovs biggrin.gif
Bastard
Fluff is good!

+1 smile.gif

You can use a dicebot or hand roll some six-siders on you desk and post them. If neither are available to you at any time you can just post "GM Roll" and I will take care of it for you.

Please post your rolls in numerical order from largest to smallest, for example:
[ Spoiler ]

To post a spoiler, simply use brackets like you use for BOLD, UNDERLINE, or COLOR; but instead use spoiler and /spoiler inside the brackets.

***NOTE***: If you dont know how to use a form of text editing you see another person use, simply click [QUOTEPOST] under their post and you will be able to see their formatting. grinbig.gif
blindfox
keen biggrin.gif
Kliko
At last back home from Portugal with internet-acces at the tip of my fingers!

@Mr. Juan: Kitty Kat bizz is slang for milk runs.

I must admit I'm terrible with fluff drink namings for this game. I best read up some of the books... Fluff is king!

-EDIT-
I'm waiting for Ludi's reaction. We should be able to fast forward fairly swiftly from there.
Bastard
Waiting on Duster and Ludi to resolve.

I will bump you guys ahead this weekend.
SneakyJoeKDB
So who is typing next? Are we goin to shoot our GUNS bobby joe?
Kliko
Ludi/Juan is next. Then we're going to shoot the guns and drink beer (like real men). Can't wait to show-off with the souped-up Ares Alpha cyber.gif
Mister Juan
Sorry about that guys! I missed the last reply and had no clue you were waiting on me!

For clarity's sake: "Panyatno..." can be roughly translated to "I see..."
blindfox
in all honesty, i thought we might be waiting on me. ever since i got back to the states ive been on kind of an official bender, so i may have been remiss in a post or two but every time i go back and re-read it it just doesnt look like its my turn...

Kliko
Everybody fine with Kliko de-escalating the situation and moving forward the meeting?

I mean, in case team members want to go heads-on in melee Kliko is fine with subscribing them to one of the pit-tournaments just as long as he gets free tickets for the event rotfl.gif
Mister Juan
I'm all for moving along. All Ludmila would do at this point is visibly relax when she learns that KD is an adept, shake his hand and smoke....
blindfox
also, np here. oddly enough it seems neither of our characters like magic, juan cyber.gif actually, this is the first time (i think) that ive played a character who was biased against it, so it feels odd to me that there are two members in the party that dislike it. besides, it could be that as we get to the end of the line miguel might learn that not all magic is whimsical and dangerous and can drop the hate smile.gif
blindfox
oh and by request, here is perhaps just a small slice of contemporary idyllic antioch.

brought to you from my local newspaper, enjoy
Kliko
Oh my eek.gif

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
She unfortunately doesn't have battletac, since she's used to working mostly on her own wink.gif She does have some top of the line scanner, jammer and encryption/decryption gear nyahnyah.gif
Kliko
The Battletactm master/receiver units in the Shasta-run were supplied by - and returned to RG.

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
@Bastard
This discussion on comm gear makes me think: what is your opinion on DNI linking and "regular" gear (as in, could Ludi link her jammer unit through her datajack, and simply control it on the fly through DNI?)

While we're on the topic, do you have any opinion regarding using a pocket computer as an electronic hub? Ever since we've started, I've been kicking myself for not getting 2, or even 3 datajacks for Ludi, so she could link to multiple pieces of comm gear at once. Since we're already in game, I was thinking she could link everything to her pocket computer (either on a tac vest, or by literally wiring the inside of a pair of pants...), and then connect it to her datajack.

That way, she could be a walking electronic suite, running her radio scanner and decrypting unit to grab everything in the air, with the jammer as backup in case someone needs to be silenced.

@Kliko
Just for your info (since you mentioned a "suv convoy" in your last post), Ludi drives a 4 seating sports car, a Honda-GM 3320.

[ Spoiler ]

Kliko
Get an external router (use same stats etc. for the cyber-version). Equipping gear with DNI is available at +50% costs (at least in NSCRG, not sure which book its in). That's the real sweet thing with the comm-units (master- and personal), they're already DNI equipped.

For additional flux I hooked-up the master unit up with a rating 4 signal amplifier.
[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
Hey guys - I will be making the next "big post" late tonight.

Kliko and Bubba - all your gear will be in at that point.
Bastard
Blarg! mad.gif

Where the hell is my IC post?! question.gif mad.gif question.gif

Grrrrr.... and it was a long one. Normally if I have a long storyline post I write in Word in case of issues.... but of course, this time I did not.

I will rewrite.... but it will be cut down a bit.

frown.gif

If anyone has anything to add to the campfire: Sugar, Bubba, Duster? Do so now or make sure you use a timestamp to indicate that it is in the past.

My next post will be about 2 months in the future.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 30 2009, 11:10 AM) *
@Bastard
This discussion on comm gear makes me think: what is your opinion on DNI linking and "regular" gear (as in, could Ludi link her jammer unit through her datajack, and simply control it on the fly through DNI?)

While we're on the topic, do you have any opinion regarding using a pocket computer as an electronic hub? Ever since we've started, I've been kicking myself for not getting 2, or even 3 datajacks for Ludi, so she could link to multiple pieces of comm gear at once. Since we're already in game, I was thinking she could link everything to her pocket computer (either on a tac vest, or by literally wiring the inside of a pair of pants...), and then connect it to her datajack.

That way, she could be a walking electronic suite, running her radio scanner and decrypting unit to grab everything in the air, with the jammer as backup in case someone needs to be silenced.

@Kliko
Just for your info (since you mentioned a "suv convoy" in your last post), Ludi drives a 4 seating sports car, a Honda-GM 3320.

[ Spoiler ]

Here is how I feel about Shadowrun technology: If we can do it with tech today, assume we can do it with tech then. While I am sure Aztechnology and Ares make conflicting parts so you have to buy their stuff, I would think that if you have all Ares made stuff that you could connect it all.

An example of this in today's tech is I can take my Sony PSP yank the stick out and put it in my Sony camera or in my Sony Flashdrive hub, I can link my PSP to my PS3, TV or computer... I can link my computer to my WD media player and watch mp4s/avi's on any tv... etc, etc, etc. Basically, if you got a couple usb, mini-usb, hdmi and rca wires and all the interchanges, you can pretty much connect anything to everything. Well, maybe not your dog, but everything electronic.

Now in Shadowrun, you got datajacks, and it seems they are used for everything... so yes, I would assume you could link things through your pocket secretary (which I now consider one of those notebooks/iphones/ipod touches - as today's technology again passes SotA 2064). Of course, your character should possess some computer skills to know how to link everything... cause if you don't, you are like my dad, and you cannot answer your own cell phone without a 30 minute hands on lesson.
Kliko
@team: Presume we'll be training/practicing 8 day-parts (morning, afternoon, evening, night) a week until our next job. Figuring out electronics suits, comms gear, tactics for different run-profiles, physical workouts, the works. This should make out for somewhat more smooth mission execution when we hit the real deal.

General idea is to familiarize eachother with our teams - and individual capabilities, grow some self-confidence, find out what works and what doesn't ork.gif.

-EDIT-
I'm a big sucker for Ares, no matter what our Ruski says about moving parts in the Alpha! He even has a special Ares smartlinktm for that extra feel!
Mister Juan
Should we post "descriptions" of our respective PCs? I mean, if they all train togheter day in/day out, they'll end up knowing each other somewhat well.
Kliko
Bastard's call.
Bastard
Yeah... go ahead.

I did a little NPCing in my next post... to bump you up to mid-January.

I will have it up after your post Juan.

By the way... here is some good description of "friendly Antioch" as blindfox put it: Antioch in the News.
blindfox
i wouldnt mind tossing a little decription post up there, too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012