Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
ntwi
@Galen: I think you have Spell Defense and Shielding mixed up.

SR3 pg 183
To use Spell Defense, allocate Sorcery dice, plus any Spell Pool dice desired, to defense. Only subjects on the same plane as the magician—astral or physical—and within a distance equal to the caster’s Magic Attribute x 100 meters, can be protected. A character can protect a maximum number of subjects equal to their Sorcery Skill Rating.

MitS pg 79 describes Shielding. It is a metamagic you can learn when you initiate and can be far more powerful, as it lets you roll all the dice against every spell, while Spell Defense is a pool to be allocated. It also increases your opponents magical TN's to hit you but is limited to LOS.
galenbd
I see it. Thanks. Been decking for too long.

Galen
galenbd
I see it. Thanks. Been decking for too long.

Galen
galenbd
@Bastard Kliko's kit might be too big. Will it fit Jamie? Can I reasonably make adjustments to it?

Galen
Kliko
If it doesn't fit, all you need is a harness ( I climb IRL)

They are 75 nuyen wink.gif
Bastard
It will support you, though it will be loose and need some specific engineering (knots and duct tape). This will probably add +/- 1 TN to tests. It is definitely going to chafe in some points, hips, waist, inner thigh.

I used to repel, before I was fat and old.
ntwi
Hmmm... I'll have to try repelling someday, I've only rappelled. rollin.gif
Bastard
It's excellent for getting rid of unwanted pests! grinbig.gif

Damned auto correct ...
galenbd
Ok, the climbing harnesses are cheap and always available. In your wrap up, could you include Jamie going to get her own? If you want me to write it up, I will, but our IC seems to be moving slow.

Galen
Kliko
@Bastard: Can you preset the config on an autopicker?

Meaning determining the autopickers configuration for the padlock on the gate tonight game time so we can save some time tomorrow during the actual run?

-EDIT-
Btw, go see "Sucker Punch" its fragging awesomeness itself!
ntwi
To ask the stupid question, did the security information that Mr J gave us include the key/combination for the padlock on the gate?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 13 2011, 07:41 AM) *
@Bastard: Can you preset the config on an autopicker?

Meaning determining the autopickers configuration for the padlock on the gate tonight game time so we can save some time tomorrow during the actual run?

-EDIT-
Btw, go see "Sucker Punch" its fragging awesomeness itself!
It was awesome! Saw it the second day it was out!

Also check out Battle LA, too. Its like Black Hawk Down mixed with War of the Worlds.

As for the autopicker, you could probably preset it.
Kliko
QUOTE (ntwi @ Apr 13 2011, 10:45 PM) *
To ask the stupid question, did the security information that Mr J gave us include the key/combination for the padlock on the gate?

Only passkeys for the low-security area. But don't worry, we preset the auto-picker for the padlock later tonight. Then we should be all set for the nab.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 13 2011, 11:41 PM) *
Only passkeys for the low-security area. But don't worry, we preset the auto-picker for the padlock later tonight. Then we should be all set for the nab.

Sorry, ntwi, I had forgotten to answer that question in my last post. I was distracted by explosions from our movie links!

The padlocks are normal tumbler keys, thus Mr. Johnson did not get you access. He gave you a key card, that will get you everywhere except Morningstar's private rooms/highest security.
Kliko
Auto-picker test:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Make a stealth and perception test, too. Are you unlocking the pad lock or just setting the picker? Are you doing the one on each side, or just one, and which one (alley/south, e.58th/north)? If both add two more stealth and perception tests?

How long does it take and where are the rules located for autopickers?

Regarding your IC post, remember the guards exterior patrol was not a routine. It varied when they would do it.
Kliko
@Bastard: We plan to preset the auto-picker just after the guards make one of their rounds (this can take some time waiting). The rules for auto-pickers are in SotA: 2063.

[ Spoiler ]

We only take the 58th Ave Northern padlock to the loading ramp/storage area.
galenbd
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 15 2011, 02:49 PM) *
23:09:54 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - Near the CotD Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver
<snip>
Fifteen minutes later they were all set. 'Piece of cake' with the right tumbler-pin settings on Kliko's autopicker-device.

I'm a bit confused by this post. This looks like the beginning of the insertion into the CotD temple. The date is still the same day. I thought we were inserting the afternoon of the 7th. Can someone clarify what is going on?

Galen
Bastard
Kliko is presetting the auto picker for the run on the 7th.

If everyone is ready, I can bump the game to the day of the run.

Here is who I have online:
Kliko
Sneaky
ntwi
galen

Still experiencing technical difficulties:
Mr. Juan

AWOL/NPC:
Klink
Kliko
I'm ready.

Kliko will wear his secure coat over the urban camouflage suit (with combat webbings beneath when opening the gate. When Ludi and him make the infil he'll leave the secure coat in his SUV and dons his security helmet. Also he'll put some plastic sheet in the back of his SUV and drop the rear bench. He doesn't want any of that foam for the improvised manacles on his SUV's interior.

-EDIT-
As for weapons, Kliko wears the Sandler TMP with foregrip in a tactical three-point sling on his side (under his armpit basically), loaded with gel-rounds, his browning in a side holster on his hip (loaded with APDS) and brass knuckles in case there are guards in the elevator and finally a smoke - and gas grenade (Neurostun VI) to cover retreats if so.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba will wear his Jedi Robe over his form fit and secure jacket. Leave his helmet in the vehicle with Kliko. He will also have a extendable baton on him and two magazines of cyber shotgun gel rounds. A pink marked grenade and the additional ammunition will be in the vehicle with Kliko as well.
ntwi
Felix will be going blue collar, wearing a winterized Industrious coverall over his FFBA. The T-250 will be loaded with stun shells and in the vehicle with him. He will have a pocket with 8 loose gel rounds if he wants to switch ammo.
Bastard
This week I am going to clean my computer room and organize my notes!

What that means to you?

Faster and more accurate posting from me!

Rejoice!

I am going to compile your load outs, get a map together to keep us on the same page, update my sig with your Team Karma pool, and get an IC bump up to the run!
galenbd
I was looking at my loadout as well. I've got a pretty good feel for what she needs to have with her, but I don't know if she can carry it all. To my frustration, the cyberterminals do not have a weight listed.

@Bastard Do you recall my question about what skill I would use to install a dataline tap? I had the ability to change some skills at the start of this game. I may have chosen badly 'cause I didn't know what I needed. Jamie would know what procedures to understand to install a dataline tap, but Galen does not.

Galen
Kliko
QUOTE (galenbd @ Apr 20 2011, 04:46 PM) *
@Bastard Do you recall my question about what skill I would use to install a dataline tap? I had the ability to change some skills at the start of this game. I may have chosen badly 'cause I didn't know what I needed. Jamie would know what procedures to understand to install a dataline tap, but Galen does not.

Electronics B/R?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 20 2011, 01:02 PM) *
Electronics B/R?

I would agree.

Sorry. No changes to skills mid mission, especially if for the reasoning that you didn't know what skills you would need.

If I let one person change a skill, then I cannot fairly deny someone else to change a skill when they needed. Essentially everyone would have every skill then, cause they would just then make an argument to why their character would have that skill, but they forgot.

No worries, though. I give lots of karma!
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 20 2011, 06:11 PM) *
Sorry. No changes to skills mid mission, especially if for the reasoning that you didn't know what skills you would need.

If I let one person change a skill, then I cannot fairly deny someone else to change a skill when they needed. Essentially everyone would have every skill then, cause they would just then make an argument to why their character would have that skill, but they forgot.

But I asked before the mission and didn't get an answer. I assumed Electronics and bumped that. If I had known I would need Electronic B/R, I would have bumped that.

Galen
Kliko
QUOTE (galenbd @ Apr 21 2011, 08:44 AM) *
But I asked before the mission and didn't get an answer. I assumed Electronics and bumped that. If I had known I would need Electronic B/R, I would have bumped that.

Can't you just default to Electronics for +2 or +4tn?
galenbd
Gladly. The Core rule book says they default to Intelligence. It does not say I can default to the Active skill. That would be a GM call, I think.

Also, realize that when I disconnect the camera to install the dataline tap, It will blank the monitor. They might send a guard to investigate. If I'm invisible, that might not matter.

Galen
Bastard
If it is just connecting into a tap, no rewiring, or jury-rigging, etc, then Electronics skill will work just as well as B/R.

Though, it may take more than just plug and play.
Bastard
Still working on things! Busy off week! My car started having computer-fuel-ignition problems, which I believe are fixed now, and my wife just bought a new car! On top of that I am helping write a paper for my wife's class... because she puts all her term papers off until the last second!

Hope to have a better update tomorrow afternoon!
SneakyJoeKDB
What kind of car did she decide on?
Kliko
Check El Bastardo's facebook wink.gif
Bastard
Waiting on some character information from some of the players...

Preparing IC post for advancing the story to the run...

Everyone is ready?

KLIKO, BUBBA, FELIX and JAMIE are GOOD
LUDI is temporary NPC
CORSAIR is now an NPC
Kliko
"Always ready to play"
ntwi
Ready
Bastard
Okay, my sig is updated, and I am working on an IC post. If it ends with . . . That means it is still a work in progress, but due to past experience, I may want to save it in the middle.

If you have not posted your gear list for the mission, please do so before moving on!

EDIT -

Of course, my post didn't save and again, I have to fucking start over. So there will be another delay. This is the only site I have this problem with, and it is really pissing me off.
Bastard
Does not invisibility require LOS?

Writing the plan in my IC post, to make sure everyone is on the same page, and that there are no misunderstandings.

I have it halfway done in a word doc, but I have to head out to work now, so I will try to finish it first thing tomorrow morning.

EDIT

I am posting what I have...

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND IN THE IC YET!

There is more to follow still. Please include any changes you wish to make in the OoC, and I will place them in my IC post!
ntwi
Invisibility does require LOS to cast, but not to sustain.
Kliko
Thought we would drive Kliko's SUV all the way through the gate at 58th Ave and to the loading ramp at the Temple's back storage area?

Sure we have to open the gate, which is an obstacle, but I think we would have a safer get away (unless they're packing serious firepower > Assault rifle-type).

Didn't Felix ward the SUV?

Pls confirm.

Also Kliko would discuss possibilities in case there are like 2 meatbags with Mike, considering Kliko grabbing Mike while Ludi drugs/darts the meatbags. I guess she'll dart/drug Mike first. Kliko respects that and follow her lead (she's the spook after all).
Bastard
So then Corsair will be driving Klikos SUV, not remote control driving his (which I cannot remember if he even drove a vehicle down)?

The gate is already being opened to access the storage dock, which is Ludi and Klikos mode of entry, so it should break away pretty easily.

Remember Corsair cannot provide tactical overwatch art the same time he is driving in the real world.

Also, the extraction is going to be a little cramped, and smelly if Bubba is coming along. You will have six or seven passengers:
Corsair
Ludi
Kliko
Felix
Jamie (with climbing gear on)
Morningstar (either combative or unconcious)
Bubba (if his cover is blown)

Kliko
I thought Kliko and Ludi would be driving their own wheels having Corsair act as overwatch and exfil car for Jamie, Felix and Bubba.

Car line-up:

Kliko's SUV:
- Kliko
- Ludmilla
- Morningstar

Corsairs' SUV:
- Corsair
- Felix
- Jamie
- Bubba (if his cover is blown)
Bastard
Where will kliko's ride be parked during mission?

You can't park it in the back lot. There are cameras back there. Who is driving it to pick you up for extract?
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 25 2011, 06:23 AM) *
You can't park it in the back lot. There are cameras back there. Who is driving it to pick you up for extract?

Not after Jamie loops/rigs the camera's from the temple roof wink.gif

Its a mere 30-50 minute window the car is parked there. We can even put a logo of the temple's grocery-delivery company van on the SUV for suspension of disbelief purposes with the photo-voltaeic paint-job on Kliko's ride (just in case guards make their round during that window).

Ludmilla will probaply do the driving after she follows Kliko out of the storage area, it depends on how things roll really (Kliko is a better driver and familiar with his vehicle).
Bastard
Here are some links to posts, and google maps.

Google maps
*Rally point is point B. This is where Corsair will be parked until needed.

Bubba's Recon / Cameras
Corsair's Recon / Roof
Jamie's Recon on Morningstar
Temple information
galenbd
Jamie's Load out:

[ Spoiler ]

Galen
Bastard
Who is carrying the key card?

EDIT

IC Post updated. Read over the plan and let me know if I got something wrong or you want to change something.
ntwi
Bold has my correction/addition (The watchers need to be distracted this time as well)

INFILTRATION-1 1450-1455 KILO and LIMA
Bravo takes smoke break on docks in the storage yard
Foxtrot casts invisibility on Kilo and Lima
Bravo leaves door cracked for Kilo and Lima
Bravo returns to duties and goes to meeting
Foxtrot uses spirits to confuse the watchers
Kilo and Lima enter, making sure to return the door to its normal state
Kilo and Lima hide near elevator/stair lobby doors in storage room during meeting
Bastard
Okay, fixed!
galenbd
I came up with another question. The Quick Resolution Matrix rules say you need to have the utility to perform a given action. To Monitor and Edit Slave, Jamie needs the Snooper utility. She does not have it. That is also the majority of what she will be doing during this phase of the job. Please note, Availability on these utilites is 2/7 days.

Under the normal rules, no utility is required, but the target number is higher. I had expected to be able to handle this under the normal rules, it would just be a little harder. How do you want to resolve this?

Galen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012