Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ May 13 2013, 11:01 AM) *
Bastard estará allí pronto! Muhahahahaha!

mierda.
Mister Juan
Moi aussi je suis capable d'utiliser une autre langue que personne comprend!
SneakyJoeKDB
Je suis une pizza avec de fromage?

Sorry that was the extent of my learning from high school French class.
Bastard
Pas moi! Je m'appuie principalement sur ​​Google Translate!
No yo! I sobre todo confío en Traductor Google!

PS- I also took French, and I also like pizza with cheese. How do you make it without cheese!?

Je suis Aaron, et j'aime les poissons! - That is what I learned in French class. Damn the American school system is in the shitter.

Game-wise - New IC is up. If there are no comments and actions... I will roll Initiative and start combat phase! vegm.gif Or move you to the next IC post. grinbig.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Ready! You ICed us so its all on you!
Mister Juan
You guys crack me up wink.gif
Especially Sneaky stating flatly: "I am a cheese pizza"
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ May 13 2013, 03:02 PM) *

If my memory of French class is correct, Sneaky is a cheese pizza. Cha-cha-cha!

Thanks for the IC post MJ

Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 13 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Thanks for the IC post MJ

I know I know, I haven't posted a lot these days. I am a bad cheese pizza.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ May 13 2013, 03:58 PM) *
I am a bad cheese pizza.
rotfl.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ May 13 2013, 06:02 PM) *

The teacher played a childrens jingle that haunts me to this day. It would start in French and then with the translation.

Je suis une Pizza.... I am a pizza!

Avec de fromage... with lots of cheese! This was the translation but shouldn't it be "Avec beacoup de fromage?"

Anyway... We have all been bad Pizzas! Bastard send us some action already!!!
Bastard
Maps Link updated. Remember there is a link to this in the #1 OoC post, which is linked in my signature as Evolution Campaign.

Roll Initiative everyone.

Any rolls I do not have by Wednesday morning I will roll for them.

Do you guys want me to just roll things like this for you? I have been already rolling Perception Tests and undeclared Action Tests to speed things up.

Anytime I am just waiting on you guys to make a roll, should I just roll for you? It would speed things up a little.

Anytime you declare an action, you already are required to include a roll, which most everyone does. When roll is not included, I can roll here as well?

Does that sound good?
ntwi
[ Spoiler ]

Actions:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Is it a 7m radius or diameter?
SneakyJoeKDB
Initiative
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Bubba may have to resort to his toxic spirit!
ntwi
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 14 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Is it a 7m radius or diameter?

7m radius
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ May 15 2013, 03:51 PM) *
7m radius
You will be able to hit them all as they are now.

Bastard
Rolled Initiative for Kliko and Ludi, plus NPCs Duster, Starling and V

Initiative order:

ROUND 1
22 Corpselights
21 Starling
20 Duster
20 Bubba
20 Felix
17 V
09 Ludi
09 Kliko

ROUND 2
12 Corpselights
11 Starling
10 Duster
10 Bubba
10 Felix
07 V

ROUND 3
02 Corpselights
01 Starling

I will have an IC up tomorrow... work was crazy last night, and I got to go back in now for another crazy one.
Bastard
Shit has hit the fan this week... Be back Monday!
Mister Juan
Sorry I haven't posted anything.... I actually have no clue what it is we're up against.
Kliko
It's somesort of magical creature I suppose... that's what we've got the mages/shamans and adepts for!
ntwi
Nastly little bugger than drains essence IIRC, probably with Immunity to Normal Weapons at some level as well. Duster's tazer is probably more effective against them than Bubba's MG but I should be able to fry them completely in the second pass if they survive the first. (7m radius AOE is nice and big)
SneakyJoeKDB
Do you think a laser crescent axe would have some effect?
Bastard
Sorry for the long delay... very hectic week.

[ Spoiler ]

Bubba and Felix are up.

Initiative order:

ROUND 1
22 Corpselights
21 Starling
20 Duster

20 Bubba
20 Felix
17 V
09 Ludi
09 Kliko

ROUND 2
12 Corpselights
11 Starling
10 Duster
10 Bubba
10 Felix
07 V

ROUND 3
02 Corpselights
01 Starling
Mister Juan
So, we have to melee these fuckers?
SneakyJoeKDB
OOH! pays to read up on Bubba's weapon arsenal... Bubba isn't completely inept in this fight. Time for some "elemental" damage via an Axe!

Laser Crescent Axe (Cannon Companion)
Centurion Industries designed this weapon for use against Awakened creatures, featuring a lightweight crescent-shaped axehead to prevent snagging and a pair of wielding lasers mounted on either side of the blade. The lasers, attached perpendicular to the handle, focus their beams just past the blade's edge, matching its crescent shape and improving the blade's efficiency. While the Centurion axe is smaller than its ancient cousin, enabling a person to wield it with one hand, it maintains the traditional thumping chop common to a two-handed axe. However, the lasers are easily knocked out of alignment. Whenever the Centurion strikes an armored target, roll 2d6 and add the results. If the total is less than the target's Impact armor (or barrier) rating, the lasers have been knocked out of alignment. Until it is realigned, the axe will only inflict (STR)M damage. Realigning the axe requires 30 minutes and an Electronics B/R (4) Test. Laser axes have a battery life of 2 hours and require 1 hour to recharge.

I am not sure of the distances, but Bubba will sling the HMG while rapidily moving towards the nearest Corpselight and activate the Laser Axe. He will then proceed to smash!

Melee Roll
[ Spoiler ]

Let me know what Bubba is able to get done this round and I will IC.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ May 21 2013, 12:19 PM) *
So, we have to melee these fuckers?

If you try to physically attack you need to do twice the power of the entity's force to have any effect (not likely with these critters). Addtionally the critter has armor value equal to twice its force. The other option is using "Force of Personality." You can use your willpower to make a melee attack (no combat pool dice allowed) and apply a reach factor for a weapon you use. The weapon is an extension of the fighter's will so reach weapons help. If you are succesful the damage inflicted is (Charisma) M Stun. This is referred to in the sourcebook as a kind of contest of wills.

If you can come up with a form of elemental damage such as a laser cresent axe and/or Duster's taser you can fight Bastard's bastards with only applying an armor and immunity penailty equal to the critters force. This is the route Bubba will take. Not sure if Felix can do this one on his own so we all better pitch in.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ May 21 2013, 10:06 AM) *
I am not sure of the distances, but Bubba will sling the HMG while rapidily moving towards the nearest Corpselight and activate the Laser Axe. He will then proceed to smash!

Let me know what Bubba is able to get done this phase and I will IC.

Bubba is about 20-25 meters behind Ludi's position. Bubba runs 18 meters per turn.
SneakyJoeKDB
Ok, I will IC, but basically Bubba will be charging towards the nearest Corpselight with the HMG Slung and Laser Axe activated and ready. So if I estimated correctly Duster is 75 meters ahead of Bubba? So we are talking four rounds before Bubba can do anything with the Axe? Well the battle may likely be over by then, but at least his companions can rest assured the meat shield has no fear!

Edit:

IC post up! biggrin.gif
Bastard
Awesome post... then ended with awesome comedy.

Bubba is next to Ludi's position on the map at the next Initiative phase.
ntwi
Rolls and details
[ Spoiler ]

Well, lets see how that goes.
Bastard
Ludi and Kliko are up.

Initiative order:

ROUND 1
22 Corpselights
21 Starling
20 Duster
20 Bubba
20 Felix
17 V

09 Ludi
09 Kliko

ROUND 2
12 Corpselights
11 Starling
10 Duster
10 Bubba
10 Felix
07 V

ROUND 3
02 Corpselights
01 Starling
[/quote]
Mister Juan
Ludi will stay right where she is and provide overwatch nyahnyah.gif She's not about to go punch some flying light thing.
Kliko
Same for Kliko, gun levelled, moving to <insert available> cover here" for a better position to the side of the road. This one is for the magic dudes to figure out smile.gif
Bastard
Bubba and Felix are up

Initiative order:

ROUND 1
22 Corpselights
21 Starling
20 Duster
20 Bubba
20 Felix
17 V
09 Ludi
09 Kliko

ROUND 2
12 Corpselights
11 Starling
10 Duster

10 Bubba
10 Felix
07 V

ROUND 3
02 Corpselights
01 Starling
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba will charge the Corpselight that Duster escaped from and smash with axe. Use my roll from my prior post (post 3575). I can IC once you tell me the result.
ntwi
Felix will toss another stunball at the corpselights. Hopefully these two are damaged so it won't take too much to finish them off. Starling will be caught in the blast, nothing I can do about that (given that she is engulfed inside one of them), but I'd like to avoid Bubba if at all possible.

[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ May 25 2013, 02:59 PM) *
Felix will toss another stunball at the corpselights. Hopefully these two are damaged so it won't take too much to finish them off. Starling will be caught in the blast, nothing I can do about that (given that she is engulfed inside one of them), but I'd like to avoid Bubba if at all possible.

It will catch Bubba. He is in between the corpselights.

I will get the results posted when i get home from work tonight.

EDIT:

Bubba has to reduce Felix's Stunball, 2 Successes on a 5M Stun (with 5 WP)... add to the IC with your results.
SneakyJoeKDB
There is a good chance Bubba smacked the Corpselight good especially if it was already damaged. Wait to see what happens with that attack before you blast him or just target the one that engulfed Starling.
Bastard
In case you missed my edit:
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 25 2013, 03:17 PM) *
EDIT:

Bubba has to reduce Felix's Stunball, 2 Successes on a 5M Stun (with 5 WP)... add to the IC with your results.

Add to the IC if needed...

I will add IC content for Round 3

Need next wave of Initiatives

Anyone read this?:
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 14 2013, 01:08 PM) *
Do you guys want me to just roll things like this for you? I have been already rolling Perception Tests and undeclared Action Tests to speed things up.

Anytime I am just waiting on you guys to make a roll, should I just roll for you? It would speed things up a little.

Anytime you declare an action, you already are required to include a roll, which most everyone does. When roll is not included, I can roll here as well?

Does that sound good?

Initiative order:

ROUND 1
22 Corpselights
21 Starling
20 Duster
20 Bubba
20 Felix
17 V
09 Ludi
09 Kliko

ROUND 2
12 Corpselights
11 Starling
10 Duster
10 Bubba
10 Felix
07 V

ROUND 3
02 Corpselights
01 Starling

SneakyJoeKDB
Does Bubba roll Willpower to resist the stun ball?

Edit: looks like I am a little bit behind your posts. Feel free to roll for Bubba as you indicated.. Anything to speed up the game. But since I am here I'll make the stunball roll.

Willpower - will use 5 team karma as a minor use -5 extra dice. 10 d6
[ Spoiler ]

Bubba takes a light stun if I did this correctly.

Initiative

[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
@Bubba Yeah it looks like 1 stun for you, sorry but seemed more important to take the blasted thing out. This next one I can center away from you and not get you as well, you just ended up between the two targets last time.

Initiative:
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
No worries. These Corpselights seem to have a really high essence. Bubba hits with a 13S on the axe and made no contact. The little bastards must have higher than 13. I suppose they do have the potential to reach 24 if they have sucked enough essence.
Bastard
Okay rolling Init for Kliko, Ludi and of course, Duster, Star and V...

Corpselight moved, Felix up.

ROUND 1
21 Corpselight
21 Felix
20 Bubba
20 Starling
18 V
16 Duster
13 Kliko
08 Ludi

ROUND 2
11 Corpselight
11 Felix
10 Bubba
10 Starling
08 V
06 Duster
03 Kliko

ROUND 3
01 Corpselight
01 Felix

Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ May 28 2013, 09:10 AM) *
No worries. These Corpselights seem to have a really high essence. Bubba hits with a 13S on the axe and made no contact. The little bastards must have higher than 13. I suppose they do have the potential to reach 24 if they have sucked enough essence.

Are you certain you did 0 damage?
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ May 25 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Willpower - will use 5 team karma as a minor use -5 extra dice. 10 d6
[ Spoiler ]

5 dice equals 15 Minor Karma

QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 30 2009, 12:15 PM) *
KARMA POOL RULES
[ Spoiler ]

1st die costs 1 Karma (Total Karma spent 1)
2nd die costs 2 Karma (Total Karma spent 3)
3rd die costs 3 Karma (Total Karma spent 6)
4th die costs 4 Karma (Total Karma spent 10)
5th die costs 5 Karma (Total Karma spent 15)

Sorry I didn't catch that sooner so that you could change your mind, but you will still get half of it refreshed.
SneakyJoeKDB
Looks like I used 15 then... embarrassed.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 28 2013, 12:52 PM) *
Are you certain you did 0 damage?

No, but the IC seemed to indicate as such.
ntwi
Felix will delay until ~17 to see if V can finish the Corpselight off with a Manabolt, or Bubba with his axe, as he worries about taking Starling the rest of the way out with an AOE.
SneakyJoeKDB
Is it possible for Bubba to avoid hitting Starling while attempting to swing at the Corpselight? Can Bubba pull Starling out of the spirit?
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ May 28 2013, 06:22 PM) *
Felix will delay until ~17 to see if V can finish the Corpselight off with a Manabolt, or Bubba with his axe, as he worries about taking Starling the rest of the way out with an AOE.
You don't have any non-AoE spells? Uh-oh...

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ May 28 2013, 09:03 PM) *
Is it possible for Bubba to avoid hitting Starling while attempting to swing at the Corpselight? Can Bubba pull Starling out of the spirit?
I wouldn't think so... think of it as holding her hand. So if you drag Star, you will drag the spirit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012