Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
I'm back proof.gif
Bastard
Anything to add to the IC?
Kliko
Nothing material. I'll post some fluff shortly.
Kliko
Ludi anything to add?

I imagine we either meet Smith up-front (with the goons still out of harms way) or wait and see what happens until midnight (and perhaps have Sugar track the two razor boys).
Mister Juan
I had totally missed the last rounds of posts! Sorry!!!!
Bastard
I will have an ooc update for Ludi in about 2-3 hours when I get home. For now make a perception test.
Kliko
Perception-check:
[ Spoiler ]

Did we check whether the funds with our fixer were released before the meet?
Bastard
Yes, I forgot about that. It will be handled in the IC.

LUDI: Need an Intelligence and a Perception Test.
Mister Juan
I'm at work frown.gif You guys can roll for me if you want, or else it'll have to wait till later tonight.
Mister Juan
Intelligence Roll: 11 08 05 02 01
Perception Roll (-1 to TN due to Perceptive Edge): 05 04 03 02 02
Bastard
Did you guys want to continue on after this mission, or make this the final?

If you want to continue on, I am going to have your characters hire the newbies in character, in a new thread, plus have an OOC Recruitment thread.
Kliko
I'm in favor of continue play (heck, this is likely to be my only SR fix for some time to come). A higher post frequency would be appreciated though. We're currently averaging on one run per year blush.gif

Cheers,

Kliko
Mister Juan
I'd also like very much to continue! I know my posting rate has sort of declined recently, and I'm sorry. The main reason is that I used to work freelance before, so it was a lot easier to just post during the day time and do whatever after. Since I know work full time, things are a little more hectic. But I've not only enjoyed the story and the characters, but I've also enjoyed gaming with you guys. So yea, I'd very much like for the game to roll on wink.gif

I'll do my best to have post up more often. I might just cut out some of the fluff wink.gif
Mister Juan
Ludi will call Miron to:
1- Make sure he's still alive
2- Check if the funds have been realesed for real.

Question:
-How far is "Mister Imposter" from her
Bastard
1 - Miron has confirmed the release of funds.
2 - About 10 meters, both of you are standing still
Bastard
IC Recruitment 3
OoC Recruitment 3

EDIT: The IC Recruitment thread is now up and ready for posting.Kliko is up.
Kliko
@Bastard: Is Kliko able to eavesdrop on the conversation with his audio-enhancements (amplified hearing, spatial recognizer, orientation system, high frequency)?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 24 2010, 10:26 AM) *
@Bastard: Is Kliko able to eavesdrop on the conversation with his audio-enhancements (amplified hearing, spatial recognizer, orientation system, high frequency)?

Actually, Ludi has her ear recorder on, and she's pipping the audio feed through their radio network (which is exactly what she did on the last meet, at the docks).

Depending on how much band our comm systems have, Ludi could actually transmit a feed from her eyes also.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 24 2010, 06:26 AM) *

I had thought Ludi had the mic keyed up the whole time so he could listen that way. wink.gif
Kliko
Ok, I'll write an IC-post somewhere tomorrow, though the action is rather obvious:
[ Spoiler ]

The comm-unit has 8(rating 4 x2) channels, we're doing fine in the audio/video feed department.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 24 2010, 01:08 PM) *
Ok, I'll write an IC-post somewhere tomorrow, though the action is rather obvious:
[ Spoiler ]

The comm-unit has 8(rating 4 x2) channels, we're doing fine in the audio/video feed department.

And here I was thinking we could just talk things out... frown.gif
Kliko
No way! biggrin.gif

He's implicitly threatening Kliko's crew and at least for now we hold the tactical advantage with the two razor boys roaming in the jungle somewhere to the north east. One heck of a roll though...
Bastard
In case no one has noticed, I am able to post a lot more often now that I have an internet-accessing phone. biggrin.gif

However, I do not have all my books and notes at hand, so somethings will have to wait.til I get home.

QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 24 2010, 10:37 AM) *
And here I was thinking we could just talk things out... frown.gif

And here I thought I was giving you an easy way out. Sheesh. And now Kliko is going to shoot all my NPCs. frown.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 24 2010, 02:49 PM) *
And here I thought I was giving you an easy way out. Sheesh. And now Kliko is going to shoot all my NPCs. frown.gif

Sorry about that chummer, but it seemed the appropiate thing to do blush.gif Besides, I wouldn't think of shooting Hausmann biggrin.gif
Bastard
Don't forget to post in the recruitment ic
Kliko
I won't. Its just that I'll be without an internet connection for the next couple of days...
Bastard
Can I get an initiative roll.

Mr Juan - does Ludi have any insite to add to the IC?
Kliko
I sent it per e-mail when DS was down. Kliko's initiative was 8 = 5 + [1,2]
Bastard
I got you, K. Still need Ludi's. I will probably have to roll for Bubba. I don't think Sneaky has internet out in Elko.Hell, I don't even know if they have electricity, let alone computers, up there! rotfl.gif
Bastard
I can't open up Sugar's character because its only in SR3 nsrcg form, which I know longer have. mad.gif

EDIT: Found a new download!

Sugar: 10
[ Spoiler ]

Bubba: 19
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Ludi: 14
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Go Ludi... Bubba is delaying.

Initiative
19 - Bubba
14 - Ludi
12 - Jerk NPCs
10 - Sugar
9 - Hausmann
8 - Kliko
Mister Juan
Free Action: Drop prone
Simple Action: Ready Weapon
Simple Action: Held in case someone comes out of the van

She'll crawl toward the Johnson's body, and use it as cover.
Bastard
I will move my jerks tonight. No dice or character sheets at work. Post will be up in about 13 hours.
Bastard
Two jerks take fire on Ludi from the tree line. One near the road (#1) and one near the turn (#2).

Jerk #1
Sound Suppressed Burst Fire 1 @ TN 8
[ Spoiler ]
0 successes
[ Spoiler ]
Sound Suppressed Burst Fire 2 @ TN 11
[ Spoiler ]
1 successes
[ Spoiler ]
@ 10S Damage APDS Rounds (1/2 Armor)

Jerk #2
Sound Suppressed Burst Fire 1 @ TN 11
[ Spoiler ]
0 successes
[ Spoiler ]
Sound Suppressed Burst Fire 2 @ TN 14
[ Spoiler ]
0 successes and an Uh-oh. indifferent.gif
[ Spoiler ]

Mr. Juan/Ludi - reduce 10S (with 1/2 Bal Armor) with one success

Note - The two enemies are inside the treeline, giving them pretty good concealment along with the night. Thermal vision will eliminate blindfire penalty, low light will not, unless in the trees with them. If you have ever used NODs/NVGs this will make total sense, as the open field will be a lot brighter thus causing the darkened forest area to seem shadowed.

Note 2 - Though they used sound suppressed weapons, you have some basic idea where they are. This is due to the quiet of the night and the flash from the muzzles.
Bubba can see Jerk #1
Ludi can see Jerk #1 and #2
Kliko can see Jerk #2
Sugar can see Jerk #2
By see, I mean they have a general idea of their location, withstanding any visual modifications.

I am going to Edit my last post to include the Jerks actions and Ludi's actions.

*There are a few things I left out in my equations there. I do not want to give out too much info on my baddies. Especially since you already took out the mage, dirty dirty fraggers!
Kliko
Not to be an ass Bastard, but don't Jerks movement - and/or ligthing modifiers apply?
[ Spoiler ]

*Yeee, we geeked the mage first. Proper shadowrun this is cyber.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 1 2010, 08:16 PM) *
*There are a few things I left out in my equations there. I do not want to give out too much info on my baddies. Especially since you already took out the mage, dirty dirty fraggers!

1 - As I said, there are somethings, such as lighting taken into account, but I did not want to give too much away.
2 - The are stationary now
3 - Though Ludi is somewhat stationary, she did drop to the ground, so I left that as no negative, kind of combining it with a visibility modifier as she is a smaller target prone. (This is her partial cover +2, in combo with the body.)

QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 1 2010, 09:13 PM) *
*Yeee, we geeked the mage first. Proper shadowrun this is cyber.gif
Yes. That you did. Jerks. Now how can a cause trouble!? vegm.gif
Kliko
Dunno, Kliko can't act until Ini pass 8. I guess Hausmann makes a break for it, Bubba opens up with the HMG and Sugar takes pot shots or attempts to sneak up on the goons?

Anyway, Ludi acts first on pass 11.
Bastard
Dammit - I forgot about Bubba's delayed action. Will add when I get home. Ludi can go... Sugar is on the move. Kliko can go too. I'll sort the jumble tonight.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 2 2010, 10:59 AM) *
Dammit - I forgot about Bubba's delayed action. Will add when I get home. Ludi can go... Sugar is on the move. Kliko can go too. I'll sort the jumble tonight.

Ludi also held a simple action for this phase. I'm not completely sure yet what she'll do, but I'll make a post tonight when I get home.
Also, is she allowed to use Combat Pool to dodge instead of automatically soaking up the damage. Since the shot was only made by 1 hit, I'd rather try to dodge it, than stage down a 10S wound sarcastic.gif

Also, I take it no one came out of the van by the end of the turn?
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Sep 2 2010, 08:13 AM) *
Ludi also held a simple action for this phase. I'm not completely sure yet what she'll do, but I'll make a post tonight when I get home.
Also, is she allowed to use Combat Pool to dodge instead of automatically soaking up the damage. Since the shot was only made by 1 hit, I'd rather try to dodge it, than stage down a 10S wound sarcastic.gif

Also, I take it no one came out of the van by the end of the turn?

I would say no to the dodge since you dropped and are crawling to the body. On top of that, there is no way to dodge gun fire from that distance - she is already prone and going for cover. A successful dodge may just put her right into one of the near misses.

No one came out of the truck, yet...
Kliko
Kliko's pass:

- Simple action: change gun mode FA -> BF
- Free action: Observe Hausmann!
- Simple action: Take aim Jerk #2

Next rounds initiative:
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 2 2010, 03:01 PM) *
I would say no to the dodge since you dropped and are crawling to the body. On top of that, there is no way to dodge gun fire from that distance - she is already prone and going for cover. A successful dodge may just put her right into one of the near misses.

No one came out of the truck, yet...

How about pulling the body to act as a meat shield? nyahnyah.gif Does that count as dodging?
Kiddings aside, I'll make the rolls when I get home.

Did the combat fatigues we get have armor included in them? Cause I honestly don't remember what armor value Ludi had on.
Bastard
Rolls for Bubba:

Willpower 4 Test (Skill 5) for withdrawals: 1 Success
[ Spoiler ]

5 Rounds on Full Auto with S-A M107
TN 7
[ Spoiler ]
1 Success
[ Spoiler ]
15D Damage
[ Spoiler ]

Jerk reduces damage...
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Sep 2 2010, 04:31 PM) *
Did the combat fatigues we get have armor included in them? Cause I honestly don't remember what armor value Ludi had on.

Combat fatigues are 5/3 (camo fullsuit), so the APDS makes that 2/1 ballistic/impact.

*Nasty fragger that jerk
Bastard
I have been editing my last IC post to keep it current with the OoC action.

Here is our itinerary:

Ludi - soak and move
Kliko
Hausmann - gm move
------------------------------
Bubba
Jerks
Sugar
Ludi
-----------------
Initiative
Mister Juan
Soaking (10S)
Ballistic Armor: 2
10-2: 8

Body (4) + Ballistic Armor (2) + FULL COMBAT POOL (7): 11 10 10 09 04 04 04 04 04 03 02 02 01
Hits: 4
1L wound
Mister Juan
Ludi will hold her action until the end of the turn. If not targets have shoned up by then, she'll use her simple action to look around for some hard cover/better concealment.
Bastard
You have a general idea where they are... if you have thermo you know exactly where they are.

Remember, they are in the shadows and can continue firing on you from their location.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 6 2010, 07:01 PM) *
You have a general idea where they are... if you have thermo you know exactly where they are.

Remember, they are in the shadows and can continue firing on you from their location.

Actually, Ludi doesn't have thermo wink.gif Would her Spatial Recognizer help her zero in on them in any way? If yes, she'd definitly start returning fire. If she only has a vague idea of where they are... well...

If by the end of the turn, Ludi can't pinpoint anyone's position precisely enough to return fire, she'll start crawling away towards the road (hoping for a ditch or some hard cover)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012