Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
SneakyJoeKDB
Alrighty then! IC Post up.
ntwi
Link was for a Negotiation (con or fast talk) roll to smooth his way into being the one to take Bubba to his docs.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 24 2011, 12:35 AM) *
Vengefull little piece of work. Still angry he got her shot up in Guyana.

But of course! smile.gif She's not only a woman, but one with a bad temper wink.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 22 2011, 10:08 PM) *
What seemed like months of waiting was suddenly broken by [b]days[/b] of overcomplicated actions.

I'm glad to know that someone does indeed read my posts wink.gif

By "closed" you mean that it's locked, right? Because unless it's lock, Ludi won't indulge in her ramming fantasy (boy does that sound wrong....)
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 24 2011, 12:14 PM) *
I'm glad to know that someone does indeed read my posts wink.gif

By "closed" you mean that it's locked, right? Because unless it's lock, Ludi won't indulge in her ramming fantasy (boy does that sound wrong....)

No. Kliko unlocked it so you could drive in. He then shut it and hung the lock so it looked like it was closed and locked. You could easily ram it. You would take more damage from rolling over the ork in your way than from running through the gate, which would probably give way as it is already on rollers.
Ram it!! Ram it!! Ram it!!!

Felix is generally successful in gaining control of the scene. Most people dont know what to do, so they dont offer assistance until after Felix already is helping Bubba. The crowd is generally concerned, but Bubba is an imposing person, and most dont really know what to do.

Kliko
Bubba gone wild!
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 24 2011, 08:58 PM) *
No. Kliko unlocked it so you could drive in. He then shut it and hung the lock so it looked like it was closed and locked. You could easily ram it. You would take more damage from rolling over the ork in your way than from running through the gate, which would probably give way as it is already on rollers.
Ram it!! Ram it!! Ram it!!!

Both Ludi and I will be nice and refrain from just driving through the gate. Would have made a much more Micheal Bay moment (well, the building would also have to blow up), but I guess we'll keep that for another day wink.gif

So yea, once Kliko is back in, Ludi will just drive off into the sunset.
Bastard
Since we are nearing the end, do you guys want the next mission to be more shoot em up? I cut a lot of missions out, since forums go slower than face to face, and you guys all weren't part of the low level character missions (5 years prior to these runs) so those plot lines are all gone.

Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 24 2011, 11:18 PM) *

Bloody goodness! Looks like you all in French Guinea. Kliko with the sniper rifle, Bubba on the 50, and Ludi running around in the middle of a firefight without a weapon drawn!
ntwi
I certainly enjoy abit more action, but a more consistent pace would make a bigger difference I think. There were a couple of times when I wasn't sure who we were waiting on to move things forward.

(Like right now I don't know how long it will be before Corsair arrives and who he is picking up first, Jamie or Felix and Bubba, so I try to avoid stepping on peoples toes or writing for other characters/npc's)
Bastard
Go ahead and post ahead for Corsair...

My rule is: Post ahead, but if you go to far I will ask you to go back an edit your post to keep us all on the same page. No harm will com to you. Maybe.
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 25 2011, 09:47 PM) *
Since we are nearing the end, do you guys want the next mission to be more shoot em up? I cut a lot of missions out, since forums go slower than face to face, and you guys all weren't part of the low level character missions (5 years prior to these runs) so those plot lines are all gone.

Jamie could handle a bit more action, but she's generally an infiltrator. If things get too heavy, I foresee her running around with her head down.

@Bastard Work's being busy for me just now, but I'd like to have an IM conversation about decking. Is there a good time for you next week?

Galen

Bastard
I am working graves for the next 8, then I am off to vacation.

Vacation should be relaxing, thus I will have my laptop with me, and be able to dumpshock. Plus I have to do my fantasy football draft, and run my football pool.

galen, you will probably confuse me with all your decking questions, but when ever I am on try to im me... if I am at work on my phone, sometimes it doesn't work.
Mister Juan
Personally, I'm up for pretty much anything, run wise. If I may make a suggestion, something other than an "extraction" would be a good change of pace. Although, we are getting pretty good at it wink.gif

@Kliko
You want to call Mr. J so we can wrap this puppy all up!
ntwi
Now this is where I start getting to far ahead (and presume that Morningstar is still alive).

Astral Perception to spot any Foci in Morningstar's posession. (They should be obvious on the astral)
[ Spoiler ]

Spells and Summonings
[ Spoiler ]

Kliko
I'll post the call later today.

Just returned from 4 days of madness on a Live-roleplay event.
Bastard
You are right ntwi, my Karma Rules are all fucked up... I will be editing those! Use on Karma Pool die as a Moderate.

Morningstar has an active focus ring on his right hand, and another on his left. He however is unconscious.

Jamie is dropping off the south west corner, heading west down the alley, to the front of the church, where Corsair is picking up Bubba and Felix. She can either join them and get in at the same time, wait for Corsair to pull forward and pick her up at the alley, or something else. Their might be onlookers watching Felix and Bubba get picked up for their ride to the hospital.

Sorry for the long delays, again. I havent got any sleep lately, so it has been hard for me to follow along. Working 12-hour graveyard shifts, and my neighbors are reroofing their house. Even with sound proof walls and music on, they are waking me up between 8 and 9 with their loud ass hispanic music, hammering and power tools. I get home at 5 am, so I am short on sleep! I even asked them to turn it down and they "no hable englished" me. Fuckers. I only got two hours sleep last night. Hammering at fucking 7 in the morning on a Sunday.
Kliko
Post is up.

First-aid roll for Morningstar:
[ Spoiler ]

With regard to pacing you see a lot of PBP games dying out due to RL-issues of the players GM.

I'm fine with taking time and such, but pacing wise I would be tougher on the players. Don't over-analyze a situation (keeping the planning process as short as possible). I think you can speed things up by doing a lot of this planning in the OoC section and playing the action-packed meat and bones of the run out in the IC.

Also feel free to put a RL time limit for players posting their characters actions. They don't post an action, take control. Better luck for the characters next action.

Finally, I don't have any issues with (even like) action-packed adventures/runs. Kliko is very much capable of surviving high-threat environments. But usually I nerf him in the equipment department and use improvisation and such to get out of tight-spots. This adds to a runs challenge.

p.s. I appreciate your effort. In case your tight on time we could for example switch GM positions and you can get a chance to play. These are pre-made adventures with a twist if I'm not mistaken so I should be able to obtain a soft-copy somewhere on the internet.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 29 2011, 04:07 AM) *
First-aid roll for Morningstar
Kliko finds Morningstar to be in stable condition. He is heavily sedated.

QUOTE (Kliko)
With regard to pacing you see a lot of PBP games dying out due to RL-issues of the players GM.
Guilty!

QUOTE (Kliko)
They don't post an action, take control. Better luck for the characters next action.
Yeah... I have been lacking in moving the players along, mostly because of the above quote. I will GM-Control a bit more to keep the game moving. Mostly because I have been as flaky as any of the players. So the same goes for me. If I don't post for 3 days, take creative control of all my NPCs, post your rolls and why you succeeded or failed, that way we can go back and edit the IC if needs be.

QUOTE (Kliko)
p.s. I appreciate your effort. In case your tight on time we could for example switch GM positions and you can get a chance to play. These are pre-made adventures with a twist if I'm not mistaken so I should be able to obtain a soft-copy somewhere on the internet.
. That is a wondrous idea!!!

I can email you a copy of the book of ideas or my notes, or you can just through a one off mission in here.

Epoch
Low Level
2056-2057
Original missions written to develop main plot line, side plots, contacts, character development and background story.
Completed by table top group (The Relentless, Eggsn, BaKon, jaruen, plus "Mikey" and "Yoshi.")

Survival of the Fittest
Standard CharGen + awards and bonuses from Epoch
2061 to 2063
4 years after the end of Epoch
Mix of Original and Adventure Book missions (as base plot idea) to further character develop, tie up loose ends, end with main plot finished

Revolution
High level - End of SotF + additional bonuses
2080-2090
Original missions related to the consequences of Epoch and SotF.
This is the meat of my campaign. Sadly, it will most likely never be reached. I could have started with this, but the point of it was the character and story development from Epoch through Revolution.

Kliko
Just tell me what adventure is next and what you want to play (you can play Kliko if you like, just read the book "Grunts" by Mary Gentle first)

I think its a good thing we have all been patient with eachother with regard to the pacing, it shows a grown up attitude.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 29 2011, 10:10 AM) *
I think its a good thing we have all been patient with eachother with regard to the pacing, it shows a grown up attitude.

Or we could just be a bunch of giant pussies who are too scared to speak their minds up wink.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 29 2011, 10:23 AM) *
Or we could just be a bunch of giant pussies who are too scared to speak their minds up wink.gif
I need my SR-fix man nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 29 2011, 07:22 AM) *
...and for good measure, Kliko hadn't gotten her shot this time around.
grinbig.gif

I will have an IC post pushing you guys forward as soon as I get Jamies get away squared away... it is kind of suspicious for her to pop out of the alley and jump into the same vehicle that came to pick up Bubba and Felix.
galenbd
I had assumed they were coming to me. I was waiting at the side of the building, not coming around front. In double checking the plan, it seems I am wrong. I'll post IC.

EDIT Adjusted. Please let me know if that's ok.
Bastard
Thanks... either way was okay... just wanted to make sure you were aware of the crowd and how it would look...

I will have an IC up pushing you all ahead by early tomorrow morning. Get any ICs in before then.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 25 2011, 10:47 PM) *

Bubba needs more action! He is tired of this sissy covert OP Stuff! He hasnt been able to fill his true nitch of kicking some A$$! biggrin.gif
Kliko
@Bastard: I acquired the Survival of the Fittest book. The next run 'Elements' looks pretty action packed. Gives Bubba a chance to shine. You already made your mind up if you want to play Kliko or something else? Kliko would do great with his contacts, gear and range of skills. Could give you some nice shoot em up action without changing the team.
Mister Juan
I'd be up for something action packed. For some reason, I'm really itching to see what Bubba can do wink.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Just keep the mages off of him!
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 31 2011, 08:41 AM) *
@Bastard: I acquired the Survival of the Fittest book. The next run 'Elements' looks pretty action packed. Gives Bubba a chance to shine. You already made your mind up if you want to play Kliko or something else? Kliko would do great with his contacts, gear and range of skills. Could give you some nice shoot em up action without changing the team.

You didnt read the ending to this one did you? That is not good!

If you want to gm that is fine. I will play Kliko if you want him to stay in the story line. Then I dont have to make a character.

=========================

I had planned on getting the IC up yesterday... however I had a long long night of cleaning out heat exchangers and I came home and slept. Greatly shortened it so you guys can fill in the holes.
ntwi
Examining Morningstar's foci

[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 1 2011, 04:16 PM) *
You didnt read the ending to this one did you? That is not good!

If you want to gm that is fine. I will play Kliko if you want him to stay in the story line. Then I dont have to make a character.

Playing Kliko would be preferable.
[ Spoiler ]

From a GM POV I don't see a problem with the end of the 'Elements' adventure devil.gif .
Bastard
yay! vacation! i can catch up on household chores, booze and dumpshock!
SneakyJoeKDB
All,

News update from Bastard. In his remote location he has no internet and will maintain his title as Bastard by not posting until he comes back next week.

Sincerely,

-Keith AKA SneakyJoeKDB ----> BUBBA
Kliko
Just catching up for El Bastardo here.

Suggest we move one car into the CAS-sector, ferry Morningstar and illegal contraband across with the drones and/or Felix levitation. Then move the second car into the CAS-sector.

That way we should be able to cross at regular checkpoints without any illegal stuff except for some cyber perhaps.
Bastard
I made it to a town with free wifi today. I am due back on Saturday evening, so I will try to have a post up Sunday or Monday.

I have the next mission ready as soon as you all finish the meet. Go ahead and IC yourselves up to that point. I dont have any curve balls in there. I am a little off the book from there, so Kliko cant run that meet. The next mission is home brew, but Kliko can run Elements after that if he likes. I would enjoy the break!!

Thanks all for being patient!!!

I forgot to answer Felix's question:

Morningstar had two ring-foci. I dont have my notes with me on those but one was a Sustained Healthy Glow like spell and the other was another charisma booster thingie. I believe that is the technical name.
Kliko
Have fun!
Kliko
I'll be without a computer until I build myself a new one tomorrow.

Juan, Can you respond to Jamie or move us forward until we arrive at the meet?
Bastard
I am finally back.

galen - check your pms.

I will be moving you guys up to the meet if you havent already.
Bastard
I took some liberties at placing your characters and bumping you ahead to the meet.

If there are any major edits needed, let me know.
ntwi
I'm pretty sure Felix's o-shit meter just jumped into the red. Astral Perception on this guy? Do I really want to know? The only spell that might do that would be a Detox type spell with serious TNs and drain... or uber-magic.

As the guy does not appear to be an elf, I'm feeling a rule 3 violation.
Bastard
vegm.gif

Your inquiry will be answered in the next IC.

If everyone is cool with my NPCing of your characters and the set up, I will continue on. I am waiting for more inquiries such as ntwi's or character reactions, interactions, etc. If I dont see any posts by Tuesday am, I will continue on.
Kliko
Will post a short IC this afternoon (CET).
Mister Juan
@Kliko
What's the biggest gun you brought? And does Ludi have it?
Cause overwatch with the tiny TMP.... well...
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 12 2011, 06:00 AM) *
When Mrs. Johnson steps forward and reveals herself as not Mrs. Johnson, alarm bells go off in Jamie's head.

Read closer. It is not Mrs. Johnson revealing herself to not be Mrs. Johnson. It is someone completely different, which you all had only assumed was Mrs. Johnson. They were standing far back in the shadows, but Kliko and Bubba both can see in the dark.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 11 2011, 08:34 AM) *
A second figure emerges from the shadows, one which the runners had assumed was Mrs. Johnson, but now they see it is a tall slender man, dressed in all white, from head to toe. His suit almost emits it's own light, in this dingy warehouse. As he approaches Mr. Johnson's side, Morningstar begins to stir.

QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 12 2011, 06:00 AM) *
"K, are we double-crossed?"

That is the standard twist. However, as a gm, I hate that twist because it isnt a twist when it is written in every damn book. Therefor I eliminate it from every written book, and it is never in my home brews. What do Johnson's gain by screwing over their runners? They have a rep, too. I mean, they contacted your fixer right? When the runners end up getting screwed, or never report back, you don't think the fixer is going to burn this Johnson.

So you will rarely get screwed over by a Johnson in the standard FASA/Wizkid "twist" because they are illogical, and not a twist to start with. You may get screwed over in some random twist of fate, but not the standard Johnson double cross.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Nov 1 2010, 01:23 PM) *
16:03:10 Thursday, 30 March 2062 - Mitchell Canyon Park, Mt. Diablo, Clayton

"A bad Johnson, makes a bad fixer. Of course you're covered."

EDIT

Also add this quote to my NPCing of Johnsons

QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 24 2011, 10:07 AM) *
I didn't do anything but add in some subtle clues and let the team decide where to go. I think that this leaves the Sixth World wide open to your exploration, rather than following the path drawn out by the actual run, giving you more freedom. I do not have a certain way you have to complete the mission.

As a matter of fact, I usually take a mission from a book cut out all the double crosses and designed paths, and using the base storyline, some of the characters, and some of the maps. I do not design a way for you to get in and out of a run. I set up defenses for all the ways I can think of getting in and out, so long as they do not go outside of the IC boundaries. (So if your mission was to steal a Slurpee from a Stuffer Shack, there would not be a security mage and armed guards in hiding. All you would need to do is distract the clerk or whatever you decide, and make the steal.)

QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 24 2011, 10:23 AM) *
I also must reiterate: I will not have all my Johnson's double cross you for no reason.

99% of the time they will follow what Mrs. Johnson said: "Faulting on a deal would not only destroy [my reputation], but also his. You cannot stay in this business without a solid rep, on both sides of this table."

It is well and good that your players are a bit paranoid, but the above is how I believe the world of Shadowrun to really work. Not like the printed adventure books, where it is 99% of the time that the plot twist is the Mr. Johnson double cross. Which I don't understand how that is a twist, when everyone is expecting it.

If a Mr. Johnson disposed of his runners or screwed them over, don't you think that would harm the fixer's rep? So then don't you think he would send a team after the Mr. Johnson?
SneakyJoeKDB
"A second figure emerges from the shadows, one which the runners had assumed was Mrs. Johnson, but now they see it is a tall slender man, dressed in all white, from head to toe. His suit almost emits it's own light, in this dingy warehouse. As he approaches Mr. Johnson's side, Morningstar begins to stir."

Why do I think we might be dealing with a dragon? Felix can you run an astral identity check on this figure?

Initiative
[ Spoiler ]

Assuming Bubba has his cyber guns ready to rock, Bubba whips both cyber guns out, aiming at the white suit dude while using Morningstar as cover.
galenbd
Thanks for the reassurance. However, it does nothing to reassure Jamie. I think I will stand by my post.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Sep 12 2011, 07:14 AM) *
Initiative
[ Spoiler ]

Assuming Bubba has his cyber guns ready to rock, Bubba whips both cyber guns out, aiming at the white suit dude while using Morningstar as cover.
Past history may lead us to think that isnt going to work in this situation. grinbig.gif

QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 12 2011, 07:31 AM) *
Thanks for the reassurance. However, it does nothing to reassure Jamie. I think I will stand by my post.
rotfl.gif

.... Updating links right now on my Post #1 OoC and Post #1 IC

Kliko
@Sneaky: you dissappoint me! I thought you would aim both guns at Morningstar biggrin.gif

@Ludi: Ehmmm... The biggest gun Kliko brought along was his Predator III... And he's carrying that on his person. He wouldn't risk getting nailed by one of the border-checkups. If shit did hit the fan he'd put his faith in his car's concealed armor. Besides our fixer would cover in case this J fragged up. I'm almost back home, so give me a sec till I can put a post up
Bastard
Here is your scheduled payment:

10,000 nuyen.gif for the meet
90,000 nuyen.gif minus equipment costs upon completion, 15,000 nuyen.gif up front
10,000 nuyen.gif bonus for no Children of the Dragon member deaths

110,000 nuyen.gif Total
25,000 nuyen.gif Up Front

Plus
Ammunition

Minus
9000Y SINs from Mrs. Johnson (6 SINs at 1500 each, rush order, plus Denver market)
4500Y Gear from Mrs. Johnson (Dart Pistol, 5 Narcojet darts, 3 Sandler TMPs, 1 Defiance T250, Mage mask, metal restraints)
1500Y Gear from Daze (a second Defiance T250, 4 Concussion grenades, 2 Flash Paks, 1 Troll modded Extendable Baton all + Denver market)
500Y Gear from Moore Fixin' home improvement store (Eighteen inch crow bar, two rolls of heavy duty duct tape, a pack of twenty five Kevlar zip ties with a tensile 275 pounds, two glass cutters, one roller, one flat blade, a pair 3" suction cups, and a 1 liter bottle of freeze foam) and basic travel costs (food, hotels, travel expenses), subtracted from Up Front money.

Total Paid: 94,500 nuyen.gif
Up Front: 25,000 nuyen.gif
Total Due: 70,000 nuyen.gif
Total Cut: 15,750 nuyen.gif each

Don't forget Ludi, to subtract your costs of gear before travel if you haven't already
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012