Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
SneakyJoeKDB
Assuming the skiff is in position Bubba is going to take actions to aim.

Heavy Weapons with +4 Combat Pool

[ Spoiler ]

Assuming he was successful, he will then proceed to belay with harness etc. He will also have a knife nearby in case he needs to make a quick cut of the rope.

Do I need to roll for belay/harness set-up?
Bastard
This is a grapple gun with a spear going into the side of the cliff, right? Or does it have the hook on the end to go over the cliff and hook to something?
Kliko
Hook I guess. Ludi better check it's fixed properly before she goes down eek.gif
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Why not like batman's grapple guns that penetrate concrete etc? Hopefully Ludi can use Hausmann as a meat shield.
Kliko
Oehh, that's funky. As long as it works grinbig.gif its fine by me, though I guess it's somewhat more difficult for Ludi to attach her harness to.
Bastard
So is it batman or normal hook?
Bastard
So is it batman or normal hook?
SneakyJoeKDB
I have no idea, what do the rules say? But I assumed it was batman.
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Feb 23 2010, 12:05 PM) *
I have no idea, what do the rules say? But I asssumed it was batman.

Nothing really (even not what skill to use).

@Bastard: presume hook. Not every cliff is as solid as concrete (in fact, usually they're very much crumbling rock and subject to severe erosion). Let's not take any chances.
Bastard
Ok...

I edited my last IC Post.
Bastard
Ok...

I edited my last IC Post.
Mister Juan
I wasn't sure if I should or could write IC, so I'm just going to post Ludi's action here. She's going to single to the guys that she's got Hausmann, grab him and drag him towards the edge of the cliff. If at any point it looks like the drone get a lock on her, she'll do her best to grab Hausmann and use him as human shield.
Bastard
Go ahead post IC. Make a strength roll and intimidation if you have it.
Mister Juan
Here's a strength roll
[ Spoiler ]

I'll just wait for you ok, and I'll post Ludi getting Hausmann close to the cliff so she can start getting the harness on.
Bastard
He does not put up too much of a fight.
Kliko
Happy birthday chummer! wavey.gif
Bastard
Thanks! I can already feel it in my joints.
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 16 2010, 02:53 PM) *
Here goes nothing!
Roll 1 (vs ECCM): 10 05 05 03 03 02 01 01
Roll 2 (vs Flux): 11 11 07 05 05 04 03 02

ECCM-roll:
[ Spoiler ]

Flux-roll:
[ Spoiler ]

Ok, just felt like making some rolls. Appears jamming is very much a double-edged tool.
Bastard
Random Karma Roll from the GM! Yay!
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Random for what reason? Was Bubba that much off the mark?
Bastard
Random since you just aimed at the top of the cliff with no sight of Ludi, Hausmann, or the drone. It ended up being a lucky shot. Why are you complaining?

That, and also because your stupid jammer ruined everything! So I had to have some fun with the little drone.
Kliko
Ok, I guess Ludi is up next? Looks like we're going to have a clean get away.
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Here is what you should have used!

AR-15 Zombie Gun

Yes... go Ludi go! Go go go! Ludi be bad.
Kliko
Nah, everybody knows the preferred way of wasting zombies is with a flamethrower, makes for much nicer visuals.
Bastard
Yeah, but you could have used the arrow launcher and bolt a cable on it. Zip line ready.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 26 2010, 08:13 PM) *
Random since you just aimed at the top of the cliff with no sight of Ludi, Hausmann, or the drone. It ended up being a lucky shot. Why are you complaining?

That, and also because your stupid jammer ruined everything! So I had to have some fun with the little drone.

So did I read the IC correctly and the grapple hook struck the drone? Hopefully Ludi tests the line before she slides.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 27 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Here is what you should have used!

AR-15 Zombie Gun

Yes... go Ludi go! Go go go! Ludi be bad.

I prefer Bazookas! However, good for a limited number of shots, but then you follow-up with double barreled shotgun.
Bastard
yes... the grapple hit the drone, it went off spinning and the grapple continued off into some bushes.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Mar 1 2010, 02:16 PM) *
yes... the grapple hit the drone, it went off spinning and the grapple continued off into some bushes.

Well isnt that awesome maybe Ludi will like/appreciate Bubba after all... spin.gif So did the line test secure then... I assume it caught onto something?
Bastard
Possibly.
Kliko
You know, I picture this belay scene with Ludi and Bubba... eek.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Mar 1 2010, 07:00 PM) *
Possibly.

Well Bubba did test the line? I assume I do not need to edit the IC post? You tell me.

QUOTE (Kliko @ Mar 2 2010, 03:41 AM) *
You know, I picture this belay scene with Ludi and Bubba... eek.gif

Scene?
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Mar 2 2010, 12:12 PM) *
Well Bubba did test the line? I assume I do not need to edit the IC post? You tell me.
Put some faith in your teammie (=Ludi). Hard for her to miss the grapple line grinbig.gif

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Mar 2 2010, 12:12 PM) *
Scene?
Bubba catching Ludi down at the rope slide's end.

SneakyJoeKDB
I figured you had a pic, link, or drawing.

And the slobbery troll is looking forward to it. Poor Ludi... wub.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Mar 2 2010, 10:26 AM) *
And the slobbery troll is looking forward to it. Poor Ludi... wub.gif

Ha!

Just waiting on Mr. Juan's post...

I sent him an email yesterday.
Kliko
Yeah, irl work is catching up with him after his recovery.
Bastard
No problem... I just finally recovered from my own problems... well, almost.
Bastard
I will post for Ludi if there is nothing up by Friday morning. I didnt want to, since this IS a major part of the mission.
Kliko
*bump*
Bastard
Mr. Juan will be posting by the end of the weekend. I was going to post for him, but work has been hell the last two nights.
Kliko
Cool, looking forward to move things forward!
Bastard
Me too...
Bastard
Maybe it is a 4 day weekend?
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba tires of waiting and punches the DM in the face:

[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
´Kliko thinks Bubba a wussy´ cackles like a maniac! And starts looking for cows from space eek.gif
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
@Bubba
And you still scored a crit!

Hey Kliko or Sneak, go ahead and NPC Ludi for now.
Kliko
Ok, give me a day.
SneakyJoeKDB
Yeah Kliko is a much better story writer than I. Mr Juan set a high standard.
Kliko
Currently working on it, you get to write the part where Ludi herself rapels down the rope slide.

-EDIT-
Ok, post is up. I figured not to move things forward to fast so El Bastardo can intervene at any given time (this is somewhat of a combat situation after all).

Opposed test for the rating 5 tranq patch: [10, 5, 3, 3, 1] vs Hausmann's body

-EDIT-
@Sneaky: don't forget, rule #1 is to have fun!
Bastard
Perception check for Ludi
[ Spoiler ]

Perception check for Bubba
[ Spoiler ]

Perception check for Kliko
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012