Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
galenbd
Do we get to keep the gear acquired for us? I'm interested in the SINs even low ones are useful.
Bastard
Galen - I edited my last IC right before your last post, but it has no effect on yours. Just some details I had to add and edit.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 12 2011, 12:36 PM) *
@Sneaky: you dissappoint me! I thought you would aim both guns at Morningstar biggrin.gif

@Ludi: Ehmmm... The biggest gun Kliko brought along was his Predator III... And he's carrying that on his person. He wouldn't risk getting nailed by one of the border-checkups. If shit did hit the fan he'd put his faith in his car's concealed armor. Besides our fixer would cover in case this J fragged up. I'm almost back home, so give me a sec till I can put a post up

I did consider that as an option, but Bubba wouldnt do that unless told. He also "likes" Morningstar.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 12 2011, 10:38 AM) *
Do we get to keep the gear acquired for us? I'm interested in the SINs even low ones are useful.

Yes. You paid for it. If you want to dump anything, you can contact Daze or Mr. Johnson and see if they want to buy it back.

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Sep 12 2011, 11:21 AM) *
The thought did cross my mind but Bubba wouldnt do that unless told.

Poor confused Bubba.
Kliko
If you want something done proper, you gotta do it yourself! biggrin.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 12 2011, 10:56 AM) *
Jamie twitches again when the glowing man decides to wake up Joshua. [color="#00BFFF"]We don't want to be here for this. These guys are zealots. No telling what they will do.

When did I say he was glowing???

If you are taking information from the FanPro book that I got the basis of this mission from, please remember that:

QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 24 2011, 10:07 AM) *
I think that this leaves the Sixth World wide open to your exploration, rather than following the path drawn out by the actual run, giving you more freedom. I do not have a certain way you have to complete the mission.

As a matter of fact, I usually take a mission from a book cut out all the double crosses and designed paths, and using the base storyline, some of the characters, and some of the maps. I do not design a way for you to get in and out of a run. I set up defenses for all the ways I can think of getting in and out, so long as they do not go outside of the IC boundaries. (So if your mission was to steal a Slurpee from a Stuffer Shack, there would not be a security mage and armed guards in hiding. All you would need to do is distract the clerk or whatever you decide, and make the steal.)

Please don't read ahead, because not only will it ruin any surprises, it will also mislead you, as I have changed some of the characters, split others, and merged others.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 12 2011, 12:25 PM) *
Past history may lead us to think that isnt going to work in this situation. grinbig.gif

rotfl.gif

Past history is driving my assumption, but would Bubba really know any better?

When dealing with dragons:

Rule Number One: Never try to shoot a dragon unless you have something bigger than a panther cannon (still your odds are not good).
Rule Number Two: If you do not have a bigger gun than a panther cannon, do what the dragon says. (Give him the damn Egg!)
Rule Number Three: Once the dragon has what it wants exit the scene quickly before it may consider wanting more. (Better to leave alive than not at all.)
Bastard
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 12 2011, 11:37 AM) *
When did I say he was glowing???

If you are taking information from the FanPro book that I got the basis of this mission from, please remember that:

Please don't read ahead, because not only will it ruin any surprises, it will also mislead you, as I have changed some of the characters, split others, and merged others.

I apologize.

I can see the misunderstanding now.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 11 2011, 08:34 AM) *
A second figure emerges from the shadows, one which the runners had assumed was Mrs. Johnson, but now they see it is a tall slender man, dressed in all white, from head to toe. His suit almost emits it's own light, in this dingy warehouse. As he approaches Mr. Johnson's side, Morningstar begins to stir.

I will no longer make allusions though, because they seem to be taken literally too often.

It also wasn't very clear.

Sorry.

-2 GM points. frown.gif
Kliko
Smash the fraggin egg! (then act your part as lunch!)
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 12 2011, 02:45 PM) *
I will no longer make allusions though, because they seem to be taken literally too often.

That text was why I used the term glowing. I knew he was not literally glowing, but I was using the same poetic license you appeared to be under.

I have none of the adventure texts from Fanpro. All of my adventures are for 1st or 2nd edition
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 12 2011, 11:53 AM) *
That text was why I used the term glowing. I knew he was not literally glowing, but I was using the same poetic license you appeared to be under.

I have none of the adventure texts from Fanpro. All of my adventures are for 1st or 2nd edition

Okay...

Sorry.

My fault. Disregard everything then!

Thanks!!!

+1 PC point!!!
ntwi
Does he look any different on the Astral, or is he hiding his astral presence/energy? If he is not hiding himself, I think I got 5 hits on the assensing test, if he is masking, his initiate grade is probably far higher than mine. nyahnyah.gif Felix will just be floating astrally in the room with full spell defense on his team.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 12 2011, 03:49 PM) *
Smash the fraggin egg! (then act your part as lunch!)

Well in a past "Bastard as the DM" dragon setting, I played a bad ass character leader type like Kliko that got his ass handed to him from one back hand of a dragon. It was after his bullets bounced off the beast. My character went all in, 14 combat pool dice on top of a skill level 8. Hit the dragon hard but to no avail as the dragon's body and natural armor laughed it off. This character was min maxed and I was riding my high horse. That lasted all but one round with the dragon. A humbling experience and lesson learned.

The dragon cared only for that egg so if I smashed the egg there would have been no salvaging the character due to dragon fury. I lost all karma awards to keep him alive. But a lesson learned which can be applied here, albeit I still have to stay in character.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Sep 12 2011, 01:00 PM) *
Does he look any different on the Astral, or is he hiding his astral presence/energy? If he is not hiding himself, I think I got 5 hits on the assensing test, if he is masking, his initiate grade is probably far higher than mine. nyahnyah.gif Felix will just be floating astrally in the room with full spell defense on his team.

He looks mundane.

Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 12 2011, 01:24 PM) *
Don't forget Ludi, to subtract your costs of gear before travel if you haven't already

Already all done wink.gif Came out of whatever was leftover from the Guiana job.
Mister Juan
I think I had Ludi mention it IC before; if the team wants to, she can try to sell back whatever gear they got. She can either go through Daze (local fixer) or try to wiggle out another fence from her other contacts.
Bastard
I have edited the entry post to the meet, so now Felix and Ludi are still in Kliko's vehicle.

Everyone else is where they are, as they have taken actions that would require everything in between now and that post to be edited.
Mister Juan
Now comes the big question: what are the warehouses walls made of?
Bastard
Old red brick
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Sep 12 2011, 06:10 PM) *
Now comes the big question: what are the warehouses walls made of?
Mind the paint! eek.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 12 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Mind the paint! eek.gif
rotfl.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Sep 12 2011, 05:09 PM) *
Well in a past "Bastard as the DM" dragon setting, I played a bad ass character leader type like Kliko that got his ass handed to him from one back hand of a dragon. It was after his bullets bounced off the beast. My character went all in, 14 combat pool dice on top of a skill level 8. Hit the dragon hard but to no avail as the dragon's body and natural armor laughed it off. This character was min maxed and I was riding my high horse. That lasted all but one round with the dragon. A humbling experience and lesson learned.

You should have used explosives... lots of explosives (as in a truckload with a virgin in distress tied down on top of the truck, common knowledge dragons are suckers for virgins in distress).
[ Spoiler ]

Besides, who says the figure in white is a fraggin dragon? For all we know he is some punk ass spell-slinger who desperately needs to work on his tan and had a glow-spell cast on him.

@Juan: Depends on the outcome of our wrap-up meet. We ditch the kit if we have to get out in a hurry, otherwise it is a good opportunity to recoup some costs
galenbd
Not sure what Kliko means by demo. Jamie doesn't have a trid unit for display. I have the map and most of the overwatch data and knowledge. However, I have no way to display them.
Kliko
Present your findings wink.gif

Jamie has a chip with the matrix run-data or Morningstars telcom records? Something like that, A copy of the runs sim-record would be sweet too. Kliko is not really sure to be honest what the man in White expects, but leaves it up to Jamie's interpretation. I believe Corsairs SUV has a display-unit in it.
Bastard
He just wants to know why you guys kidnapped Morningstar. What was the data you were looking for.
Kliko
@Bastard: did 't want to actually whip Morningxtar, just an instinctive reaction aborted in time. Pls edit.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 13 2011, 12:51 PM) *
@Bastard: did 't want to actually whip Morningxtar, just an instinctive reaction aborted in time. Pls edit.

Editing now ...
galenbd
I know y'all are waiting on me. Today's been busy. I'll try and get a post out tonight.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 13 2011, 12:54 PM) *
I know y'all are waiting on me. Today's been busy. I'll try and get a post out tonight.

I can post you loading the info and tossing it back to the man in the white suit.

BTW

Edit completed.
ntwi
Did Felix ever get anything from the Mindprobe or did Morningstar resist enough of it to not reach through his unconsciousness? (I was presuming that I could mindprobe an unconscious person)
Bastard
Yeah... you succeeded. I forgot. I had a busy summer!

What are you looking for exactly?
ntwi
Does he believe his vision of Ghostwalker to be true?
Who does he consider to be his master? Does he have one?
Who was he calling with the suspicious Comm calls?

If its looking like he's guilty then Bank accounts numbers and PINs/Passwords for those accounts eek.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Sep 13 2011, 08:23 PM) *
Does he believe his vision of Ghostwalker to be true?
Yes. You find that he believes in everything he has preached and everything the Children of the Dragon stands for.

Who does he consider to be his master? Does he have one?
He does not consider anyone his master persay. However, he does believe that Ghostwalker is the Great Dragon Spirit and the reincarnation of Dunklezahn.

Who was he calling with the suspicious Comm calls?
He does not have any memories of making or receiving suspicious calls.
ntwi
I'll edit this into the talking at the safehouse and then post currently in the IC as well.
Kliko
ntwi: Kliko would probaply check-in with Felix over the radio (preferring to have Felix stay safe inside the car). That was also the reason he dismissed (and recalled) Jamie. He'd also demand the payment from Mr. White first before spilling that second string of mindprobe information.
ntwi
Whoops, ah well, if I'm astral pulling overwatch I can't hear the radio anyways. My meat body is still nice and safe inside the car, don't worry about that. The rest of me is just not connected with it at the moment. I hadn't thought about holding the second part of the information back until after payment. Guess thats why you handle the negotiations not me.
Bastard
Mr. Johnson is Brother Goldwing.

The man in the white suit still has no name.

Mrs. Johnson still has no name.
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 13 2011, 04:58 PM) *
I can post you loading the info and tossing it back to the man in the white suit.

Yes, Thank you. Yesterday was a mess.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 14 2011, 06:45 AM) *
19:58:24 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Kliko tossed the credstick to Juliet keeping his gun at hip level, the Predators smartlink II crosshairs trained on Morningstar back “We cool?” Juliet slotted the credstick checking it for the correct amount. “71.5”
You know they actually owe you 70,000 nuyen.gif

QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 12 2011, 10:24 AM) *
Total Paid: 94,500 nuyen.gif
Up Front: 25,000 nuyen.gif
Total Due: 70,000 nuyen.gif
Total Cut: 15,750 nuyen.gif each
Kliko
I only subtracted the costs we made through ms Johnson wink.gif not the costs through Daze and Morris.

Any way I presumed you put the correct amount on it smokin.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 14 2011, 07:04 AM) *
I only subtracted the costs we made through ms Johnson wink.gif not the costs through Daze and Morris.

Any way I presumed you put the correct amount on it smokin.gif

Oh... got it... I only subtracted the cost from the home improvement store. My bad. I will just stick with your numbers then.

Jamie finds the correct amount on the stick.
Kliko
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 14 2011, 09:45 AM) *
19:58:24 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Comparing the number against his expected returns. Kliko exclaimed “Denver sure is an expensive little town.” Before finally holstering the Predator in the concealed holster at his lower back. "Charlie, we clear outside?" 'Time to get the frag out of here'

... wink.gif

Kliko already holstered his Predator. He does have a backup PB-120 in the ankle holster biggrin.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 14 2011, 09:38 AM) *
... wink.gif

Kliko already holstered his Predator. He does have a backup PB-120 in the ankle holster biggrin.gif

I thought he was holding it at his side.

Charlie says it is clear.
galenbd
Totally diggin' the connection to the next run.
ntwi
If she wants something bigger than the TMP, Ludi can always grab one of the two shotguns in the car.
Bastard
Kliko needs a scope? For a rifle? That is how Mr. White is responding.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 14 2011, 12:39 PM) *
19:58:35 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie pauses. He wants to hire us. This guy is a serious mage. We have no way to stop this Johnson if he double-crosses us. And our fixer hasn't vetted this guy.

Kliko starts asking the right questions and Jamie waits for a chance to discuss this with the team.

Use the blue for radio transmissions and italics for thoughts. The blue thoughts might get confused for open radio transmissions.
Mister Juan
I love how this guy pretty much said:

I want you to kill people and blow shit up.
And here's 100 grand.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Sep 14 2011, 03:00 PM) *
I love how this guy pretty much said:

I want you to kill people and blow shit up.
And here's 100 grand.

Yup. grinbig.gif
ntwi
And there are so many creative ways to kill people or destroy buildings, all depending on how much collateral damage you are willing to accept. Below is just a few of the fun thoughts I had while driving to the hardware store, now edited for clarity:

- Invisibility and Levitate on a manhole cover. Levitate the invisible manhole cover in front of the vehicle windshield whose driver you want to kill. 35-70mph impact of ~50 pounds of metal vs windshield smile.gif

-Levitate a large (~400kg) Invisible rock into the air and let it fall on a person/car/building

-Lightning Ball a gas/propane/methane/hydrogen delivery truck as it drives past the target

-spill Slip Spray in front of a vehicle as a spirit uses the Accident power on it

-Physical Mask the target to look like a shadowrunner/ganger as he walks up to the security guard at the entrance to the building. Let the guards do the killing for you.

-Mass Blindness on someone as they are working on something delicate/volatile
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012