Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
What does the Spatial Recognizer actually do? (Because I am too tired/lazy to look it up right now.)

The problem is they have sound and flash suppressors, but you have an idea where they just fired from, but you cannot see them. So basically it will be blind fire.

Don't forget the van is near by as well. That would constitute cover. Though there could be a nuclear bomb in it! vegm.gif

Side note: I have updated the 1st post in both the OOC and IC, and will continue to do so to keep characters and links updated. Check it out. If you have your thread options set to "Linear" you will always see the first post on top of each page in the thread. Let me know if there is more information you want in that post.
Kliko
A spatial recognizer provides -2tn to hearing/listening checks, Ludi can always opt for supressive fire beret.gif

Also I think the damage resistance test shouldn't include armor dice in 3rd edition. Best to subtract a highest and lowest result from the dice roll. Juan, feel free to use team karma to re-roll non-successes.
Bastard
You also can only use Combat Pool equal to your skill. So you would only be able to roll:

Body (4) + Combat Pool (4) for a total of 8 Dice.

You can reroll the entire test.
Bastard
Mr. Juan - Kliko is right: your entire combat pool is available for use on this roll. The limitation I stated above only applies to offensive tests.

I will update the IC if I don't see anything from Ludi by Friday night.

Kliko- Recruitment IC is up.

I hope to see Sneaky back in a week or two.

I will try again for some new recruits if I don't see any replies to the first thread.
Mister Juan
And here we go again!
TN: 10 - 2 : 8
Body 4 + Full Combat Pool 7: 16 11 10 04 04 03 03 02 02 02 02
3 hits
Wound staged down to M

Current Status: Physical 3/10
Now +2 to all TN due to wounds
Initiative modified from 14 to 12 (-2)

Ludi will use her held simple action to roll the dead Johnson's body on it's side, to give herself as much cover as she can. She's betting on the guy giving her a bit more hard cover (hopefully, he's got thick bullet soaking organs and some sort of armor on nyahnyah.gif)

Kliko
Who's going to update the IC? Juan, Bastard?

I will update the IC recruitment this evening.
Bastard
I will... but since Ludi is delayed, continue on in the OC. If you have anything IC to add Kliko, feel free to do so. If not I will update it after your characters actions in OoC.
Kliko
Nothing to add. I'm sticking with my actions. You won't need another die roll from me until the beginning of next turn.

Kliko leaves it to Bubba to put down some suppresive fire (go wild!). Kliko will be picking off jerk #2 start off next turn. Then rush up to Ludi (should take some 5-10 combat turns) with Hausmann (better get his mind of running away), get her into some cover and provide first aid.
Bastard
What are Kliko's vision enhancements?
Kliko
Low-light, thermo, flare comp, electric vis mag 3. He's currently operating under thermo-vision to get a better shot. You name it apart from ultrasound, he's got it (and he's thinking of hooking up an ultrasound sight on his weapon, linking it through his image link).
Bastard
With thermal vision you will not suffer the vision negatives, you can spot the target fine.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 3 2010, 06:05 PM) *
Here is our itinerary:

Ludi - soak and move (completed)
Kliko - switch firing mode and take aim (completed)

Hausmann - gm move
------------------------------
Bubba
Jerks
Sugar
Ludi
-----------------
Initiative

So whats next?
Bastard
Wanted to see if Kliko and Ludi were going to change your actions, or put anything in the IC, with the clarified information...

I will get onto Bubba gunning down these guys.

HAUSMANN
Looks at Kliko for direction. Takes shaky aim in across the clearing.

BUBBA
Willpower 4 Test (Skill 5) for withdrawals: 4 Success
[ Spoiler ]

Firing 5 Rounds on Full Auto with S-A M107 at Jerk #2
[ Spoiler ]
1 Success
[ Spoiler ]
15D Damage
[ Spoiler ]

Next Initiative: 16
[ Spoiler ]

JERKS
More sound suppressed fire is heard deeper in the forest
Next Initiative: 17

SUGAR
Next Initiative: 11

TURN 1
Hausmann - gm move (completed)
------------------------------
Bubba - gm move (completed)
Jerks - gm move (completed)
Ludi - on the clock
-----------------
Initiative
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Is this a new turn?
Kliko
Nope, your combat phase in initiative pass 2.
Bastard
Same turn...

make your turn, and roll initiative for next turn.
SneakyJoeKDB
Hey guys... I am back... kind of. We are moved into temporary housing and will move into our permenant house in a week. I am learning a new job, same company, so I cant promise anything between now and shortly after the move. I do know that I will be back in full game by mid October. In the meantime, I will try to keep following the game and adding to it here and there. I am available by email.

A couple things I noticed... Bubba has a six (6) for heavy weapons. So he should be rolling three more dice. He trained that after last mission. Also he still has three more flaw points then he should, but we all know he is extra special. When I find some time I will pick three points of edge to bring him into balance.

Also I dont quite understand what happened in the IC. There were two jerks firing? And Bubba shot them both and yet we still hear more sound suprressed firing from the tree line?

Well the IC looks really good and the descriptions are excellent. Makes for a great story/movie. I hope everyone is well!

-Keith
Bastard
Sneak-
Back by mid-August, huh?

I do not have an updated sheet for Bubba. Can you forward that to me?

ALL-
I was originally giving out E&F points, but havent here, figured you would be able to buy them with Karma. I will dig through my notes for that conversion table and have it up before the completion of this mission. You should all have more Flaws than edges at this point.
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Sep 13 2010, 05:45 PM) *
Also I dont quite understand what happened in the IC. There were two jerks firing? And Bubba shot them both and yet we still hear more sound suprressed firing from the tree line?

Yeah Bubba rocks on! We'll have to find out who's shooting there. Perhaps we missed one and they're taking shots at Sugar? Or for all we know Sugar is firing away at the jerks.

-EDIT-
@Bastard: Is it possible to use the small units tactics skill to convey some orders using a complex action next turn?
SneakyJoeKDB
Mid August? who said anything about mid August... 'hands in pocket looking up and whistling...' meant to say mid October. Sent you the updated Bubba sheet you will notice Bubba is -6 flaws.
Kliko
@Bastard: I checked Kliko's Edges & Flaws, he should be clear with +4 and -7 respectively.
Mister Juan
Initiative: 2d6+5 (-2 for M wounds)
Rolls: 03, 06: 9+3: 12

Free Action: Held
Simple Action: Pick up object (the dead guy's satchel)
Simple Action: Held in case someone comes out of the van

If by the time her second pass comes around (pass 2), no one has come out of the van, Ludi will use her held action to make sure the satchel isn't booby trapped.
Bastard
This is your second pass. Satchel is not booby trapped.

Kliko, start Turn 2.
Kliko
Initiative pass 17: Complex action, use small units tactics skill/communicate orders:
[ Spoiler ]

Initerary:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Bubba opens up on the van, full auto
[ Spoiler ]

Initerary:
[ Spoiler ]

Don't forget about the Recruitment thread Kliko.
Kliko
Don't worry I haven't. I'm just in the process of also writing numerous application letters at the moment...
Mister Juan
Quick question since I don't have my books with me:
1- Is "Run" a Free Action in SR3?
2- Is "Stand Up" a Simple Action?

Kliko
Change position (for example prone to standup) is a simple action. Running doesn't cost actions, though you can spend a complex action running even faster using the athletics (running) skill.

Cheerio.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 13 2010, 09:10 PM) *
Yeah Bubba rocks on! We'll have to find out who's shooting there. Perhaps we missed one and they're taking shots at Sugar? Or for all we know Sugar is firing away at the jerks.

-EDIT-
@Bastard: Is it possible to use the small units tactics skill to convey some orders using a complex action next turn?

Somehow I missed these two posts, and the two following. -1 karma to me.

Let me try to answer some questions...

Small unit tactics: Yes. Looks like you already got it.

Kliko's E&F: Good to go.

Bubba's E&F: Got your email and replied. We will resolve that before next mish.

Firing from the treeline: Kliko is on it, though it is deeper in, not at the treeline/ edge.
Mister Juan
Simple Action: Get up
Free Action: Run towards the market
Simple Action: Held

Bastard
Alright, Ludi is running.

I will try to keep this moving along quickly.

Initerary:
[ Spoiler ]

Kliko
@Bastard: Does Kliko have a visual on the remaining (active=firing/moving) jerk ? Or does he have a general idea where the jerk is (spotted some movement, but no target)?

-EDIT-
In any event his actions are going to be:

- Simple action #1: Observe in detail (target acquisition)
[ Spoiler ]

- Simple action #2: Depending on #1 -> Good shot (<=tn 8 )= Burst fire, Not a good shot = Change firing mode back to full-auto (get ready for some suppresive fire next turn)
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
No visual yet. It is somewhere north of your position, either on the northern part of that section of trees the first two goons were in or possibly the clearing beyond that. I will send you a new copy of the map.
Kliko
Ok, revised initerary:
[ Spoiler ]

Kliko's next turn initiative:
[ Spoiler ]

-EDIT-
Got the map, looks like Sugar is in trouble. Fortunately he's wearing the camo(jungle) full suit
Bastard
Kliko cannot see the action on the other side of the small group of trees where the two jerks were. However, he heard the gunfire coming from that direction.

EDIT:
Bubba Continue FA with SA-107 at van
[ Spoiler ]

Initiative: 28!!!
[ Spoiler ]

Jerks moved

Another revised itinerary:
[ Spoiler ]

Next Initiative
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 17 2010, 08:00 PM) *
Kliko cannot see the action on the other side of the small group of trees where the two jerks were.

No problem, I put it in the IC for narrative purposes. Does Sugar react to his calls?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 18 2010, 01:46 AM) *
No problem, I put it in the IC for narrative purposes.
Groovy. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any confusion.
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 18 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Does Sugar react to his calls?
I did not post anything yet for Sugar, as it is Ludi's turn.
[ Spoiler ]

ntwi
Felix wanders in with a bag of popcorn to munch on while watching his future teammates down in South America. (Or he'll be watching them on the trid if they really frag it up I suppose)
Bastard
Welcome aboard ntwi, it will not be too long before the next mission get under way.

I am still hoping for one more party member...
Bastard
Ludi?

If there is no response from Mr. Juan, then Ludi will continue her dash for the market.

I will have an IC post up tonight.

Go ahead and move, Kliko. Bubba continues his assault on the van, Haus is following you, no radio response from Sugar.

Any enemies up are unseen, gunfire has seized, or at least not heard over Bubba's gun.
Kliko
@Bastard: That's fine. Kliko will move upto the market, telling Bubba to seize fire and observe the area we last heard from Sugar. Kliko checsk up Ludi, leaving Hausmann with Ludi and telling them to retreat back to the skiff.

Then we'll see whether we're able to retrieve Sugar or not (he's got some expensive equipment on him!)
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba pushes to retrieve Sugar... it is his Lenny like nature.
Bastard
Need a Perception Test from Bubba.

GM Roll for Ludi's Initiative: 9
[ Spoiler ]

Last Turn:
[ Spoiler ]

Itinerary:
[ Spoiler ]

Big catch up IC post coming to a thread near you...

EDIT: Also need a Willpower 4 Test from Bubba.
Mister Juan
Currently busy being crushed to death by work. Terribly sorry, but I barely even get enough free time to SHOWER let alone get online wink.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Sep 22 2010, 03:59 PM) *
Currently busy being crushed to death by work. Terribly sorry, but I barely even get enough free time to SHOWER let alone get online wink.gif
No problem, I got you covered.... well Kliko and Bubba have you covered.
SneakyJoeKDB
Perception

[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
@Bastard: Kliko is spending the next few turns running up to the market (quickness x running modifier) = 18 meters per turn. He's approx 100 m from the van (which he wants to inspect). You got the gist of it in your IC-post. Actions while running will be more Observe in detail (treeline), Communicating orders, more Observe in detail (treeline, got to love it), etc. If he sees or hears some movement -> more suppressive fire (while running, yay!). It will take some 5 turns before he arrives at the van, you need anything further from me? I could make another IC-post detailing the feel of the scene if you want.

@Juan: Personal hygiene > Work > PbP games!
Bastard
Yeah if you want to add IC, go for it. Go ahead and bump to the van, and that will put Bubba at the other side of the grove. I will have an updated map tonight.
SneakyJoeKDB
Of course these combat rolls are more special ed somersaults than military maneuvers.

rotfl.gif
Bastard
I thought you might repay me with a Facebook quote for that one. grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012