Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
Get sound dampeners cyber.gif Keep the edge!
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (ntwi @ Aug 8 2013, 10:51 AM) *
My poor ears, the shotgun burst and now the grenade blast inside a tunnel... total stealth here guys wink.gif

Well we do what we can, we dont all have the mojo power. grinbig.gif

Let's just say there wont be much left of the rats.
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 8 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Let's just say there wont be much left of the rats.
And the metro-tunnel rotfl.gif
Mister Juan
Like I mentioned on facebook, Ludi is shrugging off her jacket and switching her full ruthenium suit on. You guys seem to have it covered, she's just gonna hide wink.gif

If she has any time left, she'll get on top of the northen walkway thing.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 8 2013, 03:11 PM) *
Like I mentioned on facebook, Ludi is shrugging off her jacket and switching her full ruthenium suit on. You guys seem to have it covered, she's just gonna hide wink.gif

If she has any time left, she'll get on top of the northen walkway thing.

Ruthenium suit? Sounds pretty cool; what does that do?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 8 2013, 05:32 PM) *
Ruthenium suit? Sounds pretty cool; what does that do?

It's basically an invisibility suit. Think "Predator" nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
This is now linked in the #1 OoC Post, which is linked in my signature. Sorry for the convenience.

MISSION LOADOUT

Kliko
[ Spoiler ]

Ludi
[ Spoiler ]

Felix
[ Spoiler ]

Knuckle Duster
[ Spoiler ]

Bubba
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Updated Initiative. Again, everyone moves before the rats, so everyone can go. Bubba's grenade will explode after everyone has moved on this round.

INITIATIVE
21 Bubba
19 Starling
17 Duster
15 Kliko
13 Ludi
12 Felix
12 V
09 Rats

-------------
11 Bubba
09 Starling
07 Duster
05 Kliko
03 Ludi
02 Felix
02 V
-------------
01 Bubba

SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba will hold action until the grenade goes off. Then will fire at any devil rats (target red eyes) that are still perceived to be alive. At this point does he know any rats are coming from the rear of the team? If so, he will target them first.
SneakyJoeKDB
I like how Kliko is using the shotgun, Bubba is going to have to carry some Fletchette rounds from now on for his cyber shotguns.

You know we could leave it all up to Felix since he tends to eliminate threats rather quickly and cleanly, but what fun would that be?
Kliko
Hehe, Flechette works great against hordes of rats and other unarmored targets (do ghouls wear armor?).
It sucks against armored opponents though.
SneakyJoeKDB
Sounds like it is worth keeping a clip or two on hand for those special occasions.
Kliko
Yeah, or switch to the Remington shotgun, so you can load quickness rounds manually during combat.

The burst fire mode on the Spas leads to all sorts of craziness!
ntwi
Although speaking of Felix, he will turn to avoid the upcoming shower of rat guts and toss a stunball at the group of rats approaching from behind.

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Does Felix see these rats? They are still at Ludi's position, it is dark, and he just had a bright flash of light from Bubba's grenade going off.
Mister Juan
Ludi will get up on the North walkway, and make her move towards the front of the group. If she's got any action left, she'll switch to her sidearm.
Kliko
Can wel all hear a "YEEEE" for VITAS infected Devil rats?

Kliko targets the group of ordinary rats on Southt side of the tunnel. Two(2)x simple action
[ Spoiler ]
Pls note I'll be on summer vacation for the next three weeks. Pls feel free to npc Kliko for the time being.
ntwi
Felix has thermographic vision which should not be as affected by the grenade. Although I've never known grenades to make that much flash. There was probably more flame coming out of the shotgun on burst than from the grenade.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 8 2013, 10:44 PM) *
It's basically an invisibility suit. Think "Predator" nyahnyah.gif

So anyone with thermo vision can still see her?
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Aug 14 2013, 07:59 AM) *
Felix has thermographic vision which should not be as affected by the grenade. Although I've never known grenades to make that much flash. There was probably more flame coming out of the shotgun on burst than from the grenade.

Thermographic vision wouldn't be affected too much by "spots" and it is not that bright, but remember how dark it is in the tunnel. No light. No stars, no moon, no artificial lights. Complete darkness.

My main question remains, why is Felix all of the sudden turning around to help Ludi? She did not warn anyone and there was nothing to draw your attention, and she is the rear guard, and one that is well suited to do so. And he is well outside the blast radius of the rat guts.
Kliko
Oh wait, must adjust the target numbers for pitch black with ultrasound... thats an additonal +4 tn... in full darkness (same as non-natural thermographics..)

Doesn't affect Kliko's succeses that much but still the perception modifiers for fighting in full darkness are pretty heavy.
ntwi
He's turning to avoid the splatter of rat guts. If he sees the other rats he'll toss the stunball. As he doesn't wear a massive helmet the mist of rat guts is more worrying to him than it may be to others.
Bastard
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 14 2013, 10:32 PM) *
Thermographic vision wouldn't be affected too much by "spots" and it is not that bright, but remember how dark it is in the tunnel. No light. No stars, no moon, no artificial lights. Complete darkness.

My main question remains, why is Felix all of the sudden turning around to help Ludi? She did not warn anyone and there was nothing to draw your attention, and she is the rear guard, and one that is well suited to do so. And he is well outside the blast radius of the rat guts.

Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Aug 15 2013, 08:21 AM) *
He's turning to avoid the splatter of rat guts. If he sees the other rats he'll toss the stunball. As he doesn't wear a massive helmet the mist of rat guts is more worrying to him than it may be to others.

Thermovision? Complete darkness. Roll.
ntwi
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Ludi actually has a thermal damping on her suit, at rating 5. So that's -5 even for thermo. And with the white noise generator, she can pretty much blanket ultrasound as well. So yea.

And no... she hasn't warned anyone they are getting swarmed from both side... yet.... ork.gif
ntwi
Invisible is all relative, as none of that helps for concealment from the astral plane, so any mage or shaman that looks on the astral will see you just fine, and paranormal critters like devil rats always see on both the astral and mundane. And beside's, this is Felix and Ludi if the other one gets caught in the crossfire and can't be seen... oops vegm.gif
Mister Juan
Hey, Ludi is looking out for herself as far as she's concerned. Now, if someone else gets hurt in the process.... that not her problem nyahnyah.gif

Bastard
I believe everyone has moved twice. So here is what we need to finish up this combat.

1 - Ludi needs to reduce Felix's Force 6 Stunball
[ Spoiler ]
PHASE 2 COMPLETE(see below)
2 - Bubba's last move
3 - EVERYONE Roll Initiative
4 - EVERYONE Roll Perception*
5 - EVERYONE Roll Willpower*

*While one or both of these rolls are not needed by everyone, having everyone roll is the best way to keep you all guessing! vegm.gif

INITIATIVE
21 Bubba
19 Starling
17 Duster
15 Kliko
13 Ludi
12 Felix
12 V
09 Rats
-------------
11 Bubba
09 Starling
07 Duster
05 Kliko
03 Ludi
02 Felix
02 V

-------------
01 Bubba
ntwi
Felix
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba will look back and scan for live rats and shoot at the bigger heat signatures.

HMG Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Initiative
[ Spoiler ]

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

Willpower
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
Bastard, pls note I'm travelling, so make the rolls for Kliko.
Bastard
Noted. I will have a post up tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay this week. Busy at work, and at home.
Bastard
White=PC waiting
Green=PC ready to move
Yellow=Friendly NPC / GM controlled PC
Orange=Enemy NPC
Red=Dead / Neutralized
Bold=Turn complete

INITIATIVE
23 Bubba
22 Duster
21 Starling
20 "Spirit"
20 Felix
18 "Shaman"
17 Ludi
16 V
13 Kliko
11 Rat Group 1
09 Rat Group 2
06 Rat Group 3
-----Round 2-----
13 Bubba
12 Duster
11 Starling
10 "Spirit"
10 Felix
08 "Shaman"
07 Ludi
06 V
03 Kliko
01 Rat Group 1
-----Round 3-----
03 Bubba
02 Duster
01 Starling
SneakyJoeKDB
Full auto blast on dad. 10 rounds -> 3 bursts

[ Spoiler ]

Looks like dad might be in a bad way. On another note, could this be the same Shaman giving us fits from the village? He's been following us the whole time?
Bastard
White=PC waiting
Green=PC ready to move
Orange=Enemy NPC
Red=Dead / Neutralized
Bold Italic=Turn complete

INITIATIVE
23 Bubba
22 Duster
21 Starling
20 "Spirit"

20 Felix
18 "Shaman"
17 Ludi
16 V
13 Kliko
11 Rat Group 1
09 Rat Group 2
06 Rat Group 3
-----Round 2-----
13 Bubba
12 Duster
11 Starling
10 "Spirit"
10 Felix
08 "Shaman"
07 Ludi
06 V
03 Kliko
01 Rat Group 1
-----Round 3-----
03 Bubba
02 Duster
01 Starling
SneakyJoeKDB
@Bastard, do you have a combat diagram? Might help us visualize every-one's/things positions.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 26 2013, 12:54 PM) *
@Bastard, do you have a combat diagram? Might help us visualize every-one's/things positions.

Yes. I will update it in a bit as well.
Precombat
First Turn, Round 1
SneakyJoeKDB
Missed those, that would have helped me earlier.
ntwi
I'll post my actions on Facebook at lunch as the army blocks dumpshock but not Facebook for some reason.
Bastard
Updated Map on Facebook.

The Map Links post is updated as well. This link is posted in the #1 OoC, post, which is linked in my signature.
ntwi
Look's like it's time to pull out the stops on this thing behind us.

[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
White=PC waiting
Green=PC ready to move
Orange=Enemy NPC
Red=Dead / Neutralized
Bold Italic=Turn complete

INITIATIVE
23 Bubba
22 Duster
21 Starling
20 "Spirit"
20 Felix
18 "Shaman"
17 Ludi
16 V
13 Kliko
11 Rat Group 1
09 Rat Group 2
06 Rat Group 3

-----Round 2-----
13 Bubba
12 Duster
11 Starling
10 "Spirit"
10 Felix
08 "Shaman"
07 Ludi
06 V
03 Kliko
01 Rat Group 1
-----Round 3-----
03 Bubba
02 Duster
01 Starling

I have to IC all those NPC actions.
Bastard
While you guys are on your feet, the rats are striking with 4L +1 Reach, so essentially doing nothing. I wont even waste your times with rolls, as your armor would reduce to 2L.

The team just discovered however, that several of the rats are spitting corrosive saliva. You would normally have to dodge this, making a quickness defense test vs the rats attack. Unfortunately, since this is a surprise attack on Bubba, Starling, and Duster, I am not giving them the chance to dodge, nor will any of the other PCs until that character knows about the danger. After they are aware, Dodge Tests will be coupled with a Perception Test as well.

I am stating this now, letting you guys meta-game and call out to your teammates, cause I don't want this to lead into a miscommunication, but the next event that comes up like this, know that your characters cannot act outside their knowledge of what is going on. For example, Felix still does not know about the shaman, as the rest of you do not know about the dark spirit.

Bubba takes 2 Points of Corrosive Damage. Corrosive Damage does -1/-1 Permanent Armor damage per success.
SneakyJoeKDB
Meta gaming... who's meta-gaming? Felix doesnt need to know about the shaman because Bubba is pissed!

10 rounds -3- bursts at Mr. Gay Ratastic Shaman!

[ Spoiler ]

In round three if the Shaman is dead Bubba will get onto the walkway and sling his HMG and pull out the combat Axe.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 29 2013, 01:39 PM) *
10 rounds -3- bursts at Mr. Gay Ratastic Shaman!

Bubba has several target modifiers

-5 Recoil Compensation [3 Gas Vent 3, 2 Strength] which is used up with each shot
-1 Laser Sight
+2 Total Darkness adds only 2 for Natural Thermographic Vision[/i]

Burst 1 - 3 rounds DMG Code 13D
7, 5, 4, 4, 1, 1

Target 5 [Base 4, +2 Total Darkness, -1 Laser Sight]
Used 3 Recoil Compensation
2 Success at 13D

Burst 2 - 4 rounds DMG Code 14D
11, 11, 10, 5, 1, 1

Target 7 [Base 4, +2 Total Darkness, -1 Laser Sight, +2 Recoil]
Used 2 Recoil Compensation, 5 Total
3 Success at 14D

Burst 3 - 3 rounds DMG Code 13D
13, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1

Target 10 [Base 4, +2 Total Darkness, -1 Laser Sight, +5 Recoil]
1 Success at 13D

I have to find his character sheet... but I don't think he is quite dead yet.
SneakyJoeKDB
Not dead? Simply amazing? I want what he has.
Kliko
Me too! You don't want to be on the wrongside of APDS
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 29 2013, 06:13 PM) *
Not dead? Simply amazing? I want what he has.

Because you are on High Tier now, I believe he was created with around 160-175 BP instead of 125 (normal), or 135 (your build). He has some magic armor and things to help keep him safe from 6 135BP characters, 2-4 of them who have 50-80 Karma as well. He was not built lightly, though my F8 spirit was supposed to keep some of you ocupado. dead.gif

Be away for the weekend, but will have my noteless laptop with me. Should have updated the page by Tuesday night. I sent Sneaky a picture of my workspace, and why I have lost the shaman... I believe he is being used as a bookmark in SR3, MitS or SRC somewhere... maybe Critters!
Kliko
Not to be a party crasher, but I thought the big machineguns were full-auto only?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012