Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
SneakyJoeKDB
What do the two enemies look like? Are they carrying weapons or equipment? What kind? Is one of them an obvious Mage/Shaman?
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 15 2014, 10:21 AM) *
What do the two enemies look like? Are they carrying weapons or equipment? What kind? Is one of them an obvious Mage/Shaman?

One is carrying a large weapon of some sort, the other has a sub machinegun.
ntwi
How far apart are they?
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Jan 18 2014, 12:06 PM) *
How far apart are they?

Just a few meters.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba will target the second target with the slung submachine gun with 6 rounds. Bubba is suffering from a light wound +1 modifier negated by the laser sight. Bubba's strength plus gas vent III elminate 6 recoil modifer leaving the target number a 4.

Target (Submachinegun Wielding MOFO)
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 20 2014, 08:23 AM) *
Bubba will target the second target with the slung submachine gun with 6 rounds. Bubba is suffering from a light wound +1 modifier negated by the laser sight. Bubba's strength plus gas vent III elminate 6 recoil modifer leaving the target number a 4.

Target (Submachinegun)
[ Spoiler ]

Never thought of this before, but how does thermographic vision affect laser sights?

I'll have to results tonight hopefully when I get home from work.

Felix, feel free to post actions as well.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 20 2014, 10:28 AM) *
Never thought of this before, but how does thermographic vision affect laser sights?

It makes it better, you get a heated dot on top of a heated body. silly.gif J/king I have no idea but the rules dont say aything other than laser sight providing a -1.
ntwi
Felix will center a Mass Blindness between the two walking down the street.

[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
Is Bubba using the HMG or a submachine gun? The IC is saying HMG but the OOC it looks like the silenced SMG...
Kliko
Target = SMG wielding mofo
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Jan 20 2014, 11:33 AM) *
Is Bubba using the HMG or a submachine gun? The IC is saying HMG but the OOC it looks like the silenced SMG...

Bubba is using a HMG to target the guy with the SMG.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Jan 20 2014, 09:01 AM) *
Felix will center a Mass Blindness between the two walking down the street.

[ Spoiler ]

Thanks for including all that information so I don't have to look it up.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 20 2014, 08:49 AM) *
It makes it better, you get a heated dot on top of a heated body. silly.gif J/king I have no idea but the rules dont say aything other than laser sight providing a -1.

Must be a thermal laser. biggrin.gif
Bastard
Sneaks and Kliko, did you remember your modifiers in your Initiative rolls? If not, we need to edit the following Initiative.
Also, how much Karma did you each end up using?

I added 1 to everyone's initiative for Kliko's SUT.

26 Wasteland (Rifle) - [Blinded by Felix] - Blind fire and runs for cover
22 Knuckle Duster - Guarding Deryk
19 Dragon Slayer (SMG) - Killed by Bubba

19 Bubba
17 Felix
17 Kliko
13 Ludi
00 Deryk (Sniper) - Unconscious and bound

Bubba is on the clock.

Kliko
Good question, just checked, no modifiers for Kliko he staged down to moderate, applied firs aid moderate -> light then Felix healed the light wounds with magic.
Bubba is at a -1 for the remaining light wound.
SneakyJoeKDB
I did not include Bubba's minus 1 for the initiative. Bubba will still be next at 18. Bubba burnt 9 karma on his damage resistance tests.

6 rounds at Wasteland. Base target number is 4 with the light wound and laser sight. You can add the cover modifier.

[ Spoiler ]

I have had some decent rolls, I am expecting a crap roll soon!!!! eek.gif
Mister Juan
Unless someone pops up on the road Ludi is watching, she's just going to keep scanning it.
Bastard
Felix and Kliko are on the clock.
Kliko
Can Kliko see the cover of the remaining guy?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jan 25 2014, 01:58 AM) *
Can Kliko see the cover of the remaining guy?

Yeah... you can see where Bubba is hitting too
Kliko
Good, time for some HE mini-grenade goodness:
[ Spoiler ]

ntwi
Felix will sustain the spell and keep an eye out for any others who are not showing up on the Battle-Tac
[ Spoiler ]

Once this skirmish is over, Felix will want to "Mindprobe" the sniper before we do anything much more.
SneakyJoeKDB
Sounds like we have an enemy rigger somewhere. Is it worth pursuing?
Bastard
Possibly, but no one saw the drone. Only included that info so you had an idea how the sniper knew where everyone was.
Kliko
Its a teaser smile.gif

As far as Kliko is concerned we re-group and approach the mosque from another direction (probably swing towards the North before heading for the IUST mosque again).
ntwi
Felix wants to spend 30 seconds with the unconscious sniper to pull what they were after, who hired them, bank account information, etc out of his mind.
Mister Juan
Actually, that's exactly what Ludi was going to do once the firefight was over wink.gif

@Bastard: what sort of roll do you want to cover the attempt to wake him up?
SneakyJoeKDB
Well Bubba will be searching the two bodies for LOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Whoever was manning that drone sure didnt help his teamates out.
ntwi
Don't bother waking him up, I can pull it straight out of his memory

[ Spoiler ]

Questions/Information probed for
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
@Bastard, so I see Dragonslayer is one of the casualties, is that the same Dragonslayer that is being hunted at level 6 by Aztechnology? Just looking for some extra cash opportunities (OP)! silly.gif Anyway, do you need me to roll to search the bodies?

@Juan It's nice to have you back. I was missing Ludi posts to add to the team IC dynamics/conflicts.
Bastard
@ Sneaks-

Happy Birthday! Anything cracking yet?

I will have your search results posted in the IC soon... going through Felix's search in the next few ICs.
SneakyJoeKDB
I'm still playing football, but I do have the occasional cracks.

LOL! Sweet got Darian Jacob's, AKA Dragon Slayer's, Ruger!!! Oh the good ol days of running this game when we had no responsibilities.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jan 29 2014, 02:31 PM) *
@Juan It's nice to have you back. I was missing Ludi posts to add to the team IC dynamics/conflicts.

Happy to entertain wink.gif

What we do need, if we survive, is a nice bar/party scene nyahnyah.gif I have this idea of Ludi dressing real classy, getting real smashed and dragging Bubba on the dance floor nyahnyah.gif
ntwi
Although I would say, as far as Ludi knows, Felix hasn't done a thing except look at the guy she is slapping around from across the room.
Kliko
Kliko strips any usefull kit from V and leaves the body as is. I don't have a clue what V has on her except for the Battletac and comms-unit. question.gif
Mister Juan
I never took the time to say this, but ntwi, I do really hope you know I have NOTHING against you smile.gif Ludi just mistrusts magic, a whole damn lot. She fought awakened forces in Yakut (which was a pretty horrible experiences). She also served on the Chinese border where about 75% of her unit was decimated when their own mage's elemental turned against them. So yea...... she ain't big on the whole magic thing nyahnyah.gif

Plus, I'm trying to take into account she's craving a cigarette and she's got both physical and stun wounds nyahnyah.gif So yea....bad mood. Even more so than usual.

Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Feb 4 2014, 10:05 AM) *
Kliko strips any usefull kit from V and leaves the body as is. I don't have a clue what V has on her except for the Battletac and comms-unit. question.gif

Hey, bigger cuts for us!
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 3 2014, 10:00 PM) *
Happy to entertain wink.gif

What we do need, if we survive, is a nice bar/party scene nyahnyah.gif I have this idea of Ludi dressing real classy, getting real smashed and dragging Bubba on the dance floor nyahnyah.gif

That would be funny, I can picture Bubba trying to pull off some disco moves while Ludi danced with the beat.
Kliko
I have a dirty mind... embarrassed.gif , can't help it.
Bastard
Edited my last IC to clean it up a little. Was interrupted by a little screamer when I was trying to post before I had a chance to proofread.

So...

I have you all following Kliko, except Felix, yet.

Felix is still deciding what to do with the sniper. Kill or leave unconscious?

Here is your updated route on Google Maps. If different, drag the markers around and relink.

Kliko is moving south between points B and C on 46th St (unnamed road), about 1/4 of the way there.
Ludi and Duster are at point B, turning down 46th St
Felix is between points A and B, on the roof of the building on the NE corner of Daneshkadeh and 4th
Bubba is between points A and B, starting to head up Daneshkadeh from 47th
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 8 2014, 05:10 PM) *
Edited my last IC to clean it up a little. Was interrupted by a little screamer when I was trying to post before I had a chance to proofread.

So...

I have you all following Kliko, except Felix, yet.

Felix is still deciding what to do with the sniper. Kill or leave unconscious?

Here is your updated route on Google Maps. If different, drag the markers around and relink.

Kliko is moving south between points B and C on 46th St (unnamed road), about 1/4 of the way there.
Ludi and Duster are at point B, turning down 46th St
Felix is between points A and B, on the roof of the building on the NE corner of Daneshkadeh and 4th
Bubba is between points A and B, starting to head up Daneshkadeh from 47th

Why are we going South and around only to head back North? Was there a reason we are choosing not to straight shot from Daneshkadeh road?
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Feb 10 2014, 03:42 PM) *
Why are we going South and around only to head back North? Was there a reason we are choosing not to straight shot from Daneshkadeh road?

Just going off what Kliko said.
ntwi
Felix will pull his silenced pistol and kill the sniper. Leaving him unconscious to be eaten by rats or other things would be worse in many ways. Sorry I haven't been posting more, work has been eating me alive with 60-70 hour weeks.
Bastard
No worries. I know better than to upset a Jaguar shaman, especially when I have seen what a jaguar can do.
Kliko
Yeah, I've seen that one before. Beautifull!
Bastard
I'll have an IC post up by Tuesday night bumping us forward.
Kliko
Yeah, sorry, I've been swamped with work lately. We won this contract (providing the ISV's with our company)
Bastard
Congrats...

I am working with this: OIl prices up, gas prices stagnant, that is why we focus on diesel. "Diesel is king," is what one of my sups say. Americans bitch about gas prices, but they have no idea of how cheap it is in the US compared to the world.
Kliko
Yeah, we've built a number of hybrid tugs, but the thing is.... diesel engines rock! I mean the BSFC difference between low-load and high-load operations from the Caterpillar 3500 series is marginal (8%) at best. Ok, I have to stop ranting now.
SneakyJoeKDB
When I was in Iraq gas for the locals was about 5 cents per gallon... take that! I think what upsets Americans about gasoline is that if our Government did not block the exploration and permitting process of new refinieries and oil deposits we would have cheaper prices and be less beholden to buying oil from terrorists. Additionally the taxes and regulations surrounding the fuel source is another bitching point. Less Government lower prices!!!

Congrats on your contract Kliko.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012