Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
Blindfox is/was stationed in Iraq.
SneakyJoeKDB
I did one tour out there myself back in 3/2003 - 7/2004. No more military service for me. What unit are you with Blindfox?
Mister Juan
@Bastard
I was wondering, did you want me to relocated Ludmilla to California? Because her background puts her in Seattle...
Anyways, just curious wink.gif
Bastard
Yes. Everything is based in the East Bay Area. Wiki Linki This game was originally based for my table top group so I based it out of where we all lived. Now they are all gone, but the game continues here.
Mister Juan
Consider it done wink.gif
Bastard
Been a long week for me guys. In the middle of 13 straight 12 hour days. Blarg. 9 down, 4 to go.

I will be handing out some goodies this weekend, hopefully. And yes, by goodies I mean Karma, and other things like your E&F Points. At the latest, you will have this Wednesday.

I also need some more character information from some of you. I will be posting that sporadically over the weekend, because I am exhausted and my desk is too messy to organize it into one post! So nyahnyah.gif

Off the top of my head I know I still need this:

KLIKO
[ Spoiler ]

BUBBA off the top of my head is complete. I especially enjoyed rereading his background. Hide the donuts sounds like a fun game! (Don't worry guys... it is nothing like the other hide the food games.)

EVERYONE add Jaxx as a contact and finish his description (Bubba is complete). This is also an example of what your contacts and enemies should entail.
[ Spoiler ]

Here are examples taken from Bubba and Duster

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Enemies
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyles
[ Spoiler ]

LUDI and SUGAR - feel free to post what you are doing or where, time stamp it around 1230.

If you do not know how to do a time stamp, it looks like this, except use [ and ] for ( and )

(color=orange)12:11:03 Tuesday, December 06, 2061 - Kliko's Home(/color)
Bastard
Dont all reply at once. IC is open as I organize.

Going over Ludi tonight... looks great so far!
Bastard
Thanks for ICing Kliko - will be back on Wednesday, if not Tuesday night. Busy, busy, busy at work! Going to shower and take a nap now.
Mister Juan
Still alive! Just REALLY ridiculously busy with work.
I'll post as soon as I have more than 30 seconds free time.
Bastard
Ahhhhh.... hopefully that is my last day of work until Saturday. I may get a call out tomorrow. Bastards. Still going over Ludi, will go over Sugar tomorrow as well as Kliko and Bubba.

Karma awards tomorrow sometime!
Bastard
Hey Kliko-

Now that I think about it, credsticks would have something common like a usb port or the 2060s version of. Anyone should be able to go to a bank/atm or probably even use a computer with some competence and be able to transfer funds on an unsecured credstick.

What say you?
Kliko
Well, it would be very difficult if you couldn't swap amounts per credstick. Even, or especially for certified cred. Shall I edit, the relevant posts? He still has to meet up with Jaxx for giving the 15k in escrow for V, RG end Rthough.
Bastard
I would think that since everyone uses credsticks for everything, from keys to identification to money, you should be able to transfer information yourself. How many people pay their bills online, transfer all their phone and camera data to their computers, even just shop on line? Now and compared to five years ago or ten years ago. I would think with credsticks being so abundant and so versatile, you should be able to put information on it. I see it like an advanced flash drive that has a bit more security.

I believe all money is linked to an account somewhere via the matrix, so you cannot just add numbers to it, but you can transfer money from another credstick/account. A lot of things in Shadowrun are open to interpretation and those interpretations have probably changed as technology is always advancing (as my example above) at an exponential rate. Personally, I would think maglocks would be obsolete. Or at least those that use a card with a magnetic strip. I would assume with advancing computers, it would be simple enough in 50-60 years to just use thumb print maglocks or QuickPass (PayPass, FasTrak, etc.) technology, which is a small card, or device (like sensors on store products), where you just have put it within a certain distance of the device, in this case a maglock, for it to operate.

Klik-you can edit your posts if you like, or you can exchange them with Jaxx. This is mostly for future reference.
Bastard
KLIKO - still need some information - see post 456. Did you send me an IC Background with your 35 Questions?

MISTER JUAN
- finished going over Ludi. Great work, will email you some additional information I need.

BLINDFOX - Going over Sugar right now. Still need your Contact and Lifestyle information, plus one Enemy. See post 456.

SNEAKY - Bubba looks up to date. Will double check that tonight.

EVERYONE - New IC will be up, bringing everyone in the mix later tonight!!!
Bastard
Ok... more needed information:

BUBBA
[ Spoiler ]

KLIKO
[ Spoiler ]

LUDMILA
[ Spoiler ]

SUGAR
[ Spoiler ]

EVERYONE - The Karma boat is on the horizon and will arrive tomorrow.
Kliko
I did the 35 questions. Could be I setup the framework for a background but never got completed. I'll whip something up in the course of this weekend.
Bastard
Take your time Kliko. It is your Karma points though. I am glad you didn't do it and I didn't lose it. grinbig.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Only the 35 questions...
Bastard
Same thing for Bubba. So I only have Backgrounds from Yoshi, Duster, Vreia and Ludi. question.gif And only Ludi is currently in game. Blarg. sarcastic.gif

Anyways, its worth a good chunk of change - at least in Karma terms. grinbig.gif

By the way, I am changing how I will run the Karma Pool. Everyone dump all your Karma Pool into Team Karma Pool.

When using Karma Pool for additional dice or successes, they are purchased as such:
- 1st die/success costs 1 Karma
- 2nd die/success costs 2 Karma
- 3rd die/success costs 3 Karma
- etc., etc., etc.

Minor uses of Karma Pool refresh at a rate of one-half at the end of the encounter. This is will be rounded to the players' disadvantage, of course. Minor uses include:
- Reroll one die on failure
- Additional dice (before roll)

Moderate uses of Karma Pool do not refresh until the end of the mission. Moderate uses include:
- Oops
- Add one success
- Hooper-Nelson Rule (Lower a Target Number of 12 or more)

Major uses of Karma Pool are permanently burnt. The amount of Karma spent is dependent on the situation and is determined by the GM.
- Hand of God - will not burn all Karma Pool and Good Karma. It will however, permanently an equal share of the Team Karma (if there are 3 players, 1/3rd burned, 4 players, 1/4th burned). In addition, that same amount is spent as Moderate Karma Pool used. Permanently burnt Karma can be divided up however the players see fit, but we will be always using Team Karma, so it shouldn't matter, so I would disperse it as evenly as possible.

Are there any other uses you guys wish to employ?
SneakyJoeKDB
I Just took a look at the Character background and 35 questions document I sent you and it was all filled out. So apparently I did submit a background. So, besides the fact that I cant remember anything, I am the perfect gamer! grinbig.gif
Bastard
You are correct sir!!! grinbig.gif

I was looking for a separate file. wobble.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Well maybe I am confused, what is the difference to the background write-up as in question 1 as opposed to the IC background? I assume the IC background is for all?
Bastard
No, Sneak, Bubba is good. You put your background into question #1, I was just looking for another file, so I did not see it.
Kliko
Darn, I put Kliko's background in there as well!!! nyahnyah.gif

But I don't mind extending it somewhat biggrin.gif
Bastard
Sneaky and Mister did their full IC Background in that section.
Bastard
Ludi is sent and updated!

Still working on Sugar...

Bubba and Kliko are posted below:

7 Karma for 7 Months
7 Karma for Role Play (equal to Months)
9 Karma for succeeding in Mission Goals (3 of 4)
9 Karma for Difficulty and Creativity (and all other random Karma)

32 Total Karma earned. Update your characters and send me the updated copies.
Kliko
Isn't that a bit excessive reward or am I just used to much lower amounts?

Anyways I'll look into it and send you an update.
[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
Well, yes, but I will set limits on the use of Karma on Atts and I strongly suggest using it to buy new skills to flesh out your characters.

I made a typo, and left it. It was supposed to be 7, 7, 6, 6 for 26, but that is ok. You guys invested 7 months into the game so far.

This portion of the campaign is 10-12 missions long (some may be cut) and you guys really need to expand your skills.

Normally in a table top I issue 6-12 Karma per mission.
Kliko
Skills are king in SR nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
The rest of the missions will be around 10-15 plus a monthly Karma award.
Bastard
Hey Sneaky- have you been out of Antioch that long? Contra Loma does not run into Sycamore. It turns into L Street at Highway 4 so you would be at the corner of L and Sycamore. ohplease.gif Duh.

Time to take a trip back home, buddy. grinbig.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Yeah... well every time I go back to Antioch something has changed including it looking like little Oakland and having to look behind me ever so often as I walk down the street. If my friends and family werent there I would never go back! nyahnyah.gif

In regards to Karma,

I want to raise Bubba's charisma up to three so that I can increase intimidation and etiquette up to 3/5. How much Karma would that take? Also do you have any new skill suggestions since I dont have a book?
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 7 2009, 09:00 AM) *
Yeah... well every time I go back to Antioch something has changed including it looking like little Oakland and having to look behind me ever so often as I walk down the street. If my friends and family werent there I would never go back! nyahnyah.gif
Well L St. and Contra Loma have been like that forever, but you do make a valid point about it starting to look like Little Oakland. Last winter some dude got the shit beat out of him between mine and your brother's house like at two in the morning. And I get to watch the ghetto bird (the Antioch Police Chopper) take flight every night!

Skills are pretty much open ended. Let me read over your character again and find some suggestions. Do you see any skills or talents he might have? He might want to learn skiing, land nav and wilderness survival. rotfl.gif

QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 11 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Attributes cost 2 times the new rating to improve, so:
3--->4 costs 8 karma
4--->5 costs 10 karma

To increase your Willpower from 3 to 5 will cost 18 karma. Bringing your Intelligence up to 4 will cost another 8 karma for a grand total of 26.

When you hit racial modifier levels the cost will be 3 x the new rating.
Here are giant levels: B 11 Q 5 S 11 C 4 I 4 W 6

Your shotgun skill is already pretty high, and are based off your Quickness. Modified, your Quickness is a 6.

Your shotgun skill is a 5, with your specialization being a 7.*

To increase your shotgun skill to a 6 will cost 1.5 x the new rating, so you will use 9 karma.

Going past your Attribute rating (6) costs 2 x the new rating, so to bring your shotgun from 6 to 7 would cost you 14 karma. This would bring your grand total, shotgun skill from 6 to 8 costing 23 karma

Your specialization is a 7. Bringing that to an 8, since it is past your attribute rating is still only 1 x the new rating, so you would spend 8 karma. To go to 9 would be another 9 karma, so your total karma spent to go from 7 to 9 would be 17 karma.

If you were not going past your Attribute score the cost would only be .5 x the new rating. Specializations cannot exceed 2x the base skill.

*Note: On your character sheet your shotgun/specialization is written as 6/8 due to your Enhanced Articulation Bioware. This does not affect improving skills, thus we used the 5/7.

spin.gif
Bastard
I forgot. You guys can use your Karma to buy Edges and Flaws. 5 Karma points for every point of Edge, up to 6 Points of Edges, 10 Karma for Edges from 7-12. You can also reduce your Flaws at 10 Karma per Flaw Point.

This is all on a case by case basis, so check with me first. Right now your characters should be at a -3 in the Edges and Flaws department. At this point, with use of Karma, you can bring your Edges and Flaws even if you wish.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 7 2009, 12:52 PM) *
I forgot. You guys can use your Karma to buy Edges and Flaws. 5 Karma points for every point of Edge, up to 6 Points of Edges, 10 Karma for Edges from 7-12. You can also reduce your Flaws at 10 Karma per Flaw Point.

This is all on a case by case basis, so check with me first. Right now your characters should be at a -3 in the Edges and Flaws department. At this point, with use of Karma, you can bring your Edges and Flaws even if you wish.

Hmmm Bubba is at -6 in the edges and flaws... is it because he is extra special?
Kliko
He is very special Sneaky nyahnyah.gif

I will probaply raise some of the secondary/tertiary skills for Kliko. He is enough of a straight shooter already.
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Cause I hate him! mad.gif He ate all my donuts!!!

My mistake... add yourself some 3 Edge Points. When we were creating Bubba I was using the Chargen rules for E&F for Epoch (which was 5 years prior to Survival, which is the campaign we are on now) by mistake.

Everyone should be -3 on E&F.
Kliko
He was just acting in-character ork.gif , you should give him bonus karma for that nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
He did get extra karma ... he gets his three edge points back. smile.gif

Hey Sneaky and Kliko - what are your plans? Meet first, then meet with the new guys?
Kliko
Yup, act like the concerned associate towards Frank "He's not on BTL's is he?" and more of that kind of stuff.
[ Spoiler ]
blindfox
first of all i wanna apologize for dragging ass. going thru demobilization can be a slow and tedious process. i feel like yer all just waiting on me. i'll be landing at my home of record tomorrow and once i give the wife a good rogering will have the opportunity to upload my updated records to bastard.

bastard, i cant fulfill all yer needs right now but i will take back to my computer the things you need and get it done and post it when i can be on a net connection for more then the mandated 20 minutes. we'll have sugar up and ready soon, however you had me hold off on my safe houses descriptions and such for some reason. what was it you wanted me to do with them? and you mentioned you had some other stuff for me and that you'd email them to me- i didnt see it in my inbox, maybe resend?

and currently im with A co 1/161 IN finishing up a tour in balad. last tour i was with 3/21st IN of the 25th ID in mosul oct 04- oct05 right in the middle of elections. been infantry for the last 8 years and, though im not gonna go on and on about my 2-1 file suffice to say that my character and i share many qualities. figured since its been so long since i roleplayed id keep it kinda close to home and easy to relate to. embarrassed.gif

again, im really sorry for holding things up
Bastard
No problem Blind!!! We all have RL things to attend to, and you are doing the most important: supporting your country! Thank you for your service! beret.gif Then you have take care of your family... no rush... or your wife will be left unhappy. wink.gif Like mine! rotfl.gif

I have not sent you all the Sugar updates yet. I figured I would wait until you are back and situated. For your Contacts, Enemy and Lifestyle, see OoC post 546.

Welcome back to the States! scatter.gif
Mister Juan
Insane Week ™ is pretty much over!
Bastard, I'll finish up all the stuff you asked today, and unless something drastic happens, I should be good to start posting by tonight.
Bastard
Groovy!

I spoke with Jaruen on Friday... he said he is going to catch up this weekend and start posting.

We will see. Otherwise I got a good way to write him out for now.
Bastard
You don't have to meet with Jaxx if it something he can do over the phone. I am gonna bump the game up on Wednesday afternoon (about this time) to your meet, since this is dragging. Get anything else you want to post before then, get it in.
blindfox
figured where i ended my post was a good time to fade to black until im needed
Mister Juan
Alright! From now on, expect a steady stream of posts from me biggrin.gif

Bastard, in case you want to jump ahead to the "grouping up scene", all Ludi wants to know is when and where the meet is.
Kliko
@Bastard:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 12 2009, 03:44 AM) *
There appears to be some rundown business between Martinez, Pacheco Blvd and the Martinez reservoir with a big warehouse.
It's like you live here! Well, actually, if you did live here, you would know that most of Martinez and all of Pacheco is run down. Haha. grinbig.gif
blindfox
satellite imagery is groovy biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012