Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
Frag the shit.

Kliko will take take aim actions until he gets a clear shot on one of the Corpselights once he reaches a good cover position, .

Eat lead motherfuckers!
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 30 2013, 10:05 AM) *
You don't have any non-AoE spells? Uh-oh...

I wouldn't think so... think of it as holding her hand. So if you drag Star, you will drag the spirit.

Ok so my other question, is Bubba able to swing the axe in a manner to hit the Corpselight and not hit Star? if not he will attack the spirit with "Force of Personality."

Preferred attack if deemed doable without hitting Starling: Bubba will be swinging the axe above Starling's prone body, but low enough to go through the Wisp. Like swinging at a soccer ball on Starling's back.

If able to swing axe without making contact on Starling
8d6 + 3 Combat Pool Dice; TN -1 (-2 reach + 1 Light Stun); Damage 13S;

Melee
[ Spoiler ]

If not able to keep Starling safe.
Willpower = 5; Reach 2 weapon -2 to TN +1 Light Stun = -1 to TN; Damage will be 3M Stun (Charisma M Stun).

Force Of Personality Roll
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ May 30 2013, 08:36 AM) *
Ok so my other question, is Bubba able to swing the axe in a manner to hit the Corpselight and not hit Star? if not he will attack the spirit with "Force of Personality."

Yes, Bubba can hit the spirit without hitting Star, easily by swinging on a horizontal plane, rather than a vertical. Basically swinging the axe like a baseball swing, rather than in a chopping wood motion.

Where are the rules for "Force of Personality" anyways? I could have missed them, but I looked in Critters, SRCRIII and Grimore 2. I thought it was just a standard attack option, and would be in SRIII. Maybe Companion?

SneakyJoeKDB
The rules for Force of Personality are in SRIII. They are in the magic section I think under spirits. I don't have my computer open so can't tell you the page. Take the melee roll for Bubba he is swinging the laser axe at the spirit.

Bubba will kneel beside Starling, what condition is she in?
Bastard
I did take the melee.

Starling appears to be in somewhat of a shock. Roll first aid skill for detailed analysis. I would have done it myself, but I am at work.
ntwi
Force of Personality is stuck in the top right of SR3 pg 188. Basically it's Willpower as a melee roll (no combat pool), your weapons damage code doesn't matter but its Reach still applies. The attack does base damange of Charisma(M) stun, but the spirit only rolls Force to reduce the damage, no opposed combat rolls or use of combat pool for the spirit.
SneakyJoeKDB
Firstaid:

Default Intelligence +4 TN

[ Spoiler ]

Let's put this simply, Bubba has no fricken clue!!!
Kliko
Can Kliko trace KD using the Battletac system and his orientation unit?

Otherwise he'll have to do it the old-fashioned way (using his hearing).
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jun 1 2013, 12:00 PM) *
Can Kliko trace KD using the Battletac system and his orientation unit?

Otherwise he'll have to do it the old-fashioned way (using his hearing).
[ Spoiler ]

If everyone has a BattleTach, you should be able to see their location.
Kliko
Ok, then Kliko shouldn't have any issues tracking KD down.

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion I'll find him underneath a pack of ghouls feasting upon his body when Kliko turns around the next corner?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jun 2 2013, 04:42 AM) *
Why do I have a sneaky suspicion I'll find him underneath a pack of ghouls feasting upon his body when Kliko turns around the next corner?

Because you have a copy of my gm game notes...

Kliko will find Duster taking shelter in a door way about a block up from Corpselight Park.
ntwi
Felix will move over to Starling and do a quick assessment of her status.
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jun 2 2013, 09:04 AM) *
Because you have a copy of my gm game notes...
It's just the appropiate thing to happen right now grinbig.gif

I guess it takes us some 24-30 seconds (approx 4-5 rounds) to catch up with KD?
Bastard
Starling appears physically okay. I after a minute or so of trying to snap her out of her daze she is able to respond more coherently. She is shaken, a little weak, but doesn't appear to have suffered any other physical trauma. She is obviously frightened, and a little confused.

Out of combat now, it takes you less than a minute to locate and meet up with KD.
SneakyJoeKDB
Since V is the healer does she have any mojo to offer Star and Bubba. Bubba needs two boxes of stun fixed if possible.

ntwi
Felix can also heal, both magically and mundane (maybe not to the level of V however). Sadly Bubba is out of luck as nothing magical or physical can heal stun damage, although Stim packs can mask the effects for a short time before they come back with additional stun damage.

Physical damage can be fixed with the Treat or Heal spells, along with traditional First Aid, nothing works on Stun but time and rest.
Kliko
It's generally best to first heal mundane using first aid, then brushing off the rest using magical healing.
I'll write up an IC tomorrow evening.
Kliko
Edited my other IC post.

- Observe in detail test:
[ Spoiler ]

- Biotech first aid test:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Kliko finds Duster taking cover in a doorway. When Kliko first approaches Duster appears scared, but after a second he recognizes Kliko he relaxes enough to be approached. Upon examination it appears that there are no physical injuries.
SneakyJoeKDB
I think we should take a 15 - 20 minute break to recoup. Stun can only be healed by a dedicated rest. The group seems like it could use the small break. Assuming we break at some point dictated by Kliko.

From reading the stun heal rules in SR3 each box of stun takes 60 minutes divided by the number of successes rolled based on body or willpower. The base TN is 2. Bubba has two boxes of stun and a body of 12.

Body roll

[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Double lag Post!
SneakyJoeKDB
Triple Lag Post!
Mister Juan
Still alive. Just crazy busy smile.gif

I should be able to check back in properly this week.
SneakyJoeKDB
Looking forward to another awesome post Mr. Juan!
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jun 4 2013, 08:26 PM) *
Looking forward to another awesome post Mr. Juan!
No pressure.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jun 5 2013, 01:53 AM) *
No pressure.

Just a gentle nudge! spin.gif
Bastard
Looks like you put him in shock...

Is everyone ready for me to bump?
SneakyJoeKDB
Looks like we need a bump, be sure to get a recoup break for the team in there.
ntwi
Yeah, I think we're ready for a bump
Bastard
Can I get an order of travel and spacing before I bump please.
Kliko
Ludmilla and Kliko take the lead, 50 meters ahead of the main body (Duster, Felix, V), Bubba follows 10 meters behind the others. Spacing is about 5-10 meters apart for the folks in the main body.

Kliko and Ludmilla probably walk on the opposite sides of the street so there is some spacing in between them (5-10 meters)
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jun 9 2013, 01:38 PM) *
Ludmilla and Kliko take the lead, 50 meters ahead of the main body (Duster, Felix, V), Bubba follows 10 meters behind the others. Spacing is about 5-10 meters apart for the folks in the main body.

Kliko and Ludmilla probably walk on the opposite sides of the street so there is some spacing in between them (5-10 meters)

Sounds good

Ludi - Kliko

50 meters

Duster
- - - Felix
V
- - - Starling

10 meters

Bubba

SneakyJoeKDB
Dear Ludi,

How longs willsits takes you to shoots dat shadowy Mages Figure?

Sincerely,

Bubba

P.S. Have you tried the Have a Nice Day, Bulvarian Cream-Filled donut?
ntwi
In the interest of avoiding friendly? fire, Felix will kindly remind Ludi that he is a shaman not a mage, even if he is in a shadow at the time.
Kliko
Famous last words: "We'll take a shortcut!"
ntwi
Sorry I haven't responded yet. My works has decided to have me working 6+ days a week for the past month, and probably through the end of July. I'll pull together a post tonight I hope.
Bastard
No problem. Been a hectic at work this week for me as well. If I dont see anything up tomorrow, I will push forward.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba has nothing to add at the moment.
Bastard
So ... I guess I need to add some more...
Mister Juan
Hey guys! Still alive! Got an internship job working surgery this summer, so I was pretty much glued to the hospital or my bed for the past 3 weeks nyahnyah.gif So yea, not dead... not yet.
Bastard
Congrats Mister Juan!

Don't worry, I got 3 red shirts ahead of you to dispose of. Had one on the edge, but Felix had to kick some ass too much.
SneakyJoeKDB
Congrats Mr. Juan!

Idea... send Bubba in with Felix, this will provide much needed meat shield for squishy shaman, and will allow the story to move on because I am ready to do some typing. And Bubba told me he wants to kill a vampire.
Bastard
Updated map on facebook.
SneakyJoeKDB
hmmm... all I hear is crickets....
Mister Juan
Well, Ludi is just going to keep on her merry little overwatch. Nothing is as cozy as a few feet of concrete smile.gif
Bastard
Well... I assume Kliko and his merry band of redshirts are on the way to join Felix and Bubba.

The most important question is, are Bubba and Felix going to enter the Public Transportation System Hub of Echo'y Voices, Dead Escalators and Doom?
Kliko
Kliko will join Ludmilla on the overwatch. Best get rid of the red shirts in one fell swoop while the rest is distracted...
SneakyJoeKDB
Is this the way to the Mosque? If there is another way to the Mosque that doesn't involve voices and under ground structures I suggest we take it.

On second thought, let's do it!
ntwi
I too was wondering why people seemed to want to take the subway tunnel or whatever enroute to the Mosque. Felix would much rather stick to the surface and risk pot shots hitting the red shirts.
Kliko
It's a metrocomplex, though Kliko intended to stay on the surface. Going underground would be a wonderfull thing to do though. Is there a stop at IUST University?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012