Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 7 2012, 01:16 PM) *
I can take Ludi what happened to Juan?

Busy with work I think. Temporary NPC.
Bastard
Who are we waiting on?

Me?

I posted last in the IC...

Scroll back up in the OoC...

I asked for volunteers for NPCing the other characters until the players return.
Kliko
Guess me.

I was thinking it perhaps best to buddy Jamie and Kliko and have Ludi's and Bubba's action off-screen to keep the pace up.

I also don't seem te be able to find the bigger geographical map with the three locations on it. Looks like we have the office building next and last but not least the research center.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 15 2012, 01:44 AM) *
Guess me.

I was thinking it perhaps best to buddy Jamie and Kliko and have Ludi's and Bubba's action off-screen to keep the pace up.

I also don't seem te be able to find the bigger geographical map with the three locations on it. Looks like we have the office building next and last but not least the research center.

Okay... you want to NPC one and galen can NPC the other (of Bubba and Ludi)?

The main map is in the first post under links for current run, with the office being the second target listed as Yampa Investments.

The picture/large map of AzCorp Offices is at facebook here.
Kliko
Bastard, how big is the fence/wall between the Azcorp office compound and the complex just to the east of it?

Anything else we notice on our roundabout the complex?
[ Spoiler ]
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 15 2012, 08:24 PM) *
Okay... you want to NPC one and galen can NPC the other (of Bubba and Ludi)?

Sorry I missed this. For some reason email notifications are not being consistent.

I'm fine. I can NPC Ludi, but I lack a character sheet. I assume we are all in the car. I don't recall the plan to infiltrate was to take all of us in.

Kliko
More fun with a piece of action for everyone. Also from an RP POV its easier to have one subteam with Ludmilla/Bubba and Jamie/Kliko with he Ludmilla/Bubba action happening off-screen (and Corsair on overwatch).

Alternatively we can go with Jamie/Bubba and Kliko/Ludmilla with us NPC-ing the other character and Corsair still on overwatch.

galenbd
I'd rather the latter.
Kliko
Ok, lets do that.

The office building has two main wings, a northern and southern part. We can:

1) Lets split the teams up and "work" our way through to the central lobby and exit through the front door

2) Enter through the lobby, split up and each work our way through the respective wing

3) Bubba and Jamie cause mayhem/plant the explosives, Kliko and Ludmilla blow up the sprinkler's water supply (or vice versa)
galenbd
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 18 2012, 04:03 PM) *
Ok, lets do that.

The office building has two main wings, a northern and southern part. We can:

1) Lets split the teams up and "work" our way through to the central lobby and exit through the front door

2) Enter through the lobby, split up and each work our way through the respective wing

3) Bubba and Jamie cause mayhem/plant the explosives, Kliko and Ludmilla blow up the sprinkler's water supply (or vice versa)

I've forgotten our main tasks here. Is it just destruction? If that's the case, I suggest option 1.

If we've got to get something, I suggest Jamie and Ludi infiltrate while Kliko and Bubba make boom.
Bastard
The main job is destruction.

Secondary is do a some corporate theft, datasteal or tech grab or something.

Ludi and Jamie are traveling separately, unless there is no other vehicle, then Corsair will have to reroute the SUV to pick them up.

When you finalize the teams, someone please clarify who is going in with who and who is NPCing who, just so we are all on the same page. Otherwise we will all be thinking something different. I will bold face it as verification and it will be fact unless you correct me. This way we all stay on the same page.

The building.
I will update the map this afternoon.
The fence is a simple cyclone wire fence.
Entrances:
North (E Grand Ave): Secondary Business Entrance Lobby
East North End(Parking Lot) : Secondary Business Entrance Lobby
East Center (Parking Lot):Main Business Entrance Lobby
East South End (Parking Lot): Main Business Entrance Lobby
South (E Hampton Ave/Parking Lot): Main Business Entrance Lobby
Southwest Wing: Park Entry on the west side of wing
Southwest Wing: Park Entry on the north side of wing
Northwest Wing: Park Entry on the south side of wing
Northwest Wing: Park Entry on the west side of wing

Just came off night shift and been working 70-80 hour weeks. blarg. Still got constant migraines every day without any of the meds helping completely, but at least I can walk around now, so I should be posting more often, but still might be delayed a day or two sometimes when there is a lot to read and/or write.

Dumpshock has been messed up with its emails. I never rely on it. I usually just try to check it once or twice a day and check WttS and check and see if the thread has updates, rather than waiting for an email.
Bastard
... waiting on me?
Kliko
No, I'm on vacation until August 11.

Let's see if my holiday spending spree can help save the Spanish economy.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 31 2012, 05:40 PM) *
No, I'm on vacation until August 11.

Let's see if my holiday spending spree can help save the Spanish economy.

Hey, we need your money to save the US economy too! Or at least to help support the welfare recipients.
Kliko
Lol, maybe in two years time nyahnyah.gif

Anyway, I'm back, will be rollng things forward.
Bastard
So are we ready to start the thread up again, then?
Kliko
I am, how about the rest?
galenbd
I'm still here. Work's being busy though.
Bastard
Did you two want to finish this mission NPCing Ludi and Bubba? If so which one of you is NPCing who, and are you splitting into two teams? I thought that was the plan before.

ntwi??? You around?
Bastard
Well... it looks like this is dead...

You going to gm a thread Kliko? Let me know if you are.
galenbd
Thanks for the PM, Bastard.
I am still interested, but I think the number of characters reduced to far to allow the mission to continue.
My work is currently busy, but I'm still paying attention. If we can recruit a few more players, I'd be interested continuing.
ntwi
I'm still alive as well. In trying to catch up on what we were doing in Denver, we blew up the warehouse, and have two additional runs that I don't think we ever really hashed out a direction for taking it on.

I'm back and paying attention to Dumpshock once more, although in November sometime I expect my life will get unsettled again for another month or so. I'm still here for the long term though. I'm not sure if it would be easier for you to bump the plot forward out of Denver or to have us take a fresh approach on the last two parts of Denver. I think the three of us are enough for most runs, although it will take careful work and planning on our part.
Bastard
Yeah, I was going to bump you out of Denver. Cut Corsair completely. Leave Ludi and Bubba as group contacts.

Then bump the campaign also.

Not sure if Kliko is going to be in or out now.
Kliko
Hi guys, I'm not going to make it with my current scheduling. Sorry about that.

(Good news is that I will finally get to play again IRL in November).
Bastard
How long are you going to be out? a month or so, indefinitely, forever?
galenbd
We planning on recruiting new players. I know a guy who might be interested.
Bastard
It was a campaign... not only is my original cast out, but my first and second set of recruits!!

Yeah... we can get a recruitment going shortly.

Do Jamie and Felix want to do the hiring IC? People will have to bring their "resume" or character description into the IC.

This will get them started with some karma to keep up with you all. Plus give me time to get my notes together for the next run, since I will be bumping a few months ahead game time... toward the end of the campaign.

Kliko
Give me a month.

I think its critical to do less planning and more "make up things on the roll" this keeps pace/tempo up.

Cheers guys!
ntwi
As much as it pains me to say it, (and it would get my players killed in my face to face game) I think Kliko is right on the planning details. Get the broad brush strokes together and then play it by ear as it flows. Trying to plan in detail over the internet is just so hard to do, and especially to do rapidly enough to keep everyone together and involved.

I think hitting the next phase in a month is fine, it'll take a bit of time to work out exactly what Felix is learning between now and then anyways... That PocketSec for Dummies class is looking mighty useful right now. No more hunt and peck for him on that blasted thing.
galenbd
Hey all,

I'm going to have to bow out. I'm still thinking about gaming, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to this game. It would be unfair for me to try and stay halfway active. I've enjoyed playing with everyone and I hope you all get this back up and running.
Bastard
When I plan, I have a general outline, some maps, and basic idea of target encounters (whether those be combat, legwork or info dumps). I like to have a plan that is open ended, with situations ready to go for which ever way the players go. If they find a way I didnt think of, well extra karma for them!!!

I just want to make sure I have a beginning, a middle, and an end - of sorts. I like to be prepared as possible.

Also, if I dont have the basics prepared, I am gonna lag on you guys. I am still working a ton of hours... which may or may not die down in Sept-Nov time frame. Which sucks, because the OT money has been awesome, though it is taking its toll, as you have seen.

Did you want me to handle all the recruiting? Or do your character's want to hire the runners in an IC thread, while I get everything set up?

ntwi
I enjoyed the IC recruitment thread when I joined, but if Jamie is out and Kliko is out for another month, I'm not sure how dynamic I could make the thread myself.
Bastard
galen - Sorry to hear that. Do you want your character set up for return, or should I make Jamie a contact for the other players?

--------------

ntwi - Up to you. You will be second in command of the team now, with Ludi gone. I will try to have the recruitment thread open at the end of next week.

Right now I am trying to consolidate all my information, and get ready to bump everything ahead. I was hoping this weekend to get a "where are they now" IC post up, to set up you for recruitment and divvy out the Karma. Seeing that Jamie will be gone, that is less karma to divvy out.

----------------

Sneak - What is the verdict on Bubba?
Mister Juan
Mister "Unreliable" Juan reporting for duty.

I can't believe you guys are still going smile.gif This is crazy! B-man, you still need me?
Bastard
I figured you were out. Did you want to rejoin?

I am trying to revive it. Lost too many PCs. I had lost Ludi, Bubba and Corsair... now Jamie... so I bumping the campaign to the next mish.
Mister Juan
I'm a busy guy, but if you want me, you have me wink.gif

...... Now that sounded way dirtier than expected....
Mister Juan
And I've just realized that since last time, I've moved AND changer computer... so finding my SR3 books AND Ludi's character sheet might be..... problematic.
Bastard
I can send you your character sheet tonight when I get home from work.
Mister Juan
Oh the wonders of the internets nyahnyah.gif

EDIT: I actually found it in my email outbox smile.gif I recalled having sent you a copy, almost a year ago. I have no idea if its up to date, but seeing as "Daze" in the contact list, its probably recent enough.
Mister Juan
So, do we just take for granted that the rest of the run went without a hitch and we all go paid mucho nuyens?
I'm just asking because I might start to write Ludi's "what happened after the run" post.

Kliko
Still lurking.

Can post, but don't expect me to take the lead at the moment embarrassed.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 18 2012, 01:56 PM) *
Can post, but don't expect me to take the lead at the moment embarrassed.gif

Finally, the day of reckoning has arrived! Power shall be mine! MINE! devil.gif
ntwi
<wiggles fingers> Careful with those shoelaces tied together during your victory dance wink.gif
Kliko
Its yours for the taking, but don't forget to geek the mage first *points at laces*
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 19 2012, 03:58 AM) *
Its yours for the taking, but don't forget to geek the mage first *points at laces*

Don't worry about that; we all know Ludi's opinion of mages wink.gif
ntwi
<switches appearances with Kliko> "Yeah, geek the mage first"
Bastard
Geek the mage first? I can take care of that.

========================================

Going to set up the Recruitment Thread shortly. Who wants to do the IC.

Everyone else I will write in the IC getting the new mission... after I get the close of the last as well as a little bump to where you are now, which is a few months later.

I will also have Karma and other Rewards shortly.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Sep 12 2012, 07:08 PM) *
Hey all,

I'm going to have to bow out. I'm still thinking about gaming, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to this game. It would be unfair for me to try and stay halfway active. I've enjoyed playing with everyone and I hope you all get this back up and running.

Sorry to see you go.
Bastard
Still posting to IC. I have Mile High Mayhem completed in the IC, now I just have to bump up the storyline for where you all are now... a few months later.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I will be posting the OoC conclusion shortly (similar to "Cunning" Conclusion).

Be sure to add your new Contacts to your character sheets, and list any karma expenditures on your character sheet under the Karma Tab.

Bastard
"Mile High Madness" Conclusion

Payment

125, 000 nuyen.gif total
-10,000 nuyen.gif expenses
23,000 nuyen.gif each

Plus acquired gear

Base
1 Success/Survival
1 Three main targets
0 Additional targets
1 Acquired data and/or items

Additional Karma
3 Kliko, Felix and Jamie
1 Bubba and Ludi
0 Corsair

Total Karma
6 Kliko, Felix and Jamie
4 Bubba and Ludi
0 Corsair

Additional Rewards

Knowledge Skill Points
Spend like Karma Points, but do not add to your Karma gained or pool. Must be spent.
5 Kliko, Felix and Jamie
2 Bubba and Ludi
0 Corsair

Edge and Flaw Points
Use or save. Can be used to buy an Edge (1 to 1) or pay off a Flaw (2 to 1 + Role play required).
1 Kliko, Felix and Jamie
0 Bubba, Ludi and Corsair

Contacts
Kliko, Ludi and Felix - Radek, Fixer, CFS
Kliko, Ludi and Felix - Jamie, Decker, Walnut Creek CFS
Kliko, Ludi and Felix - Corsair, Rigger, San Francisco CFS
Kliko, Ludi and Felix - Bubba, Street Sam / Doughnut Shop Owner, Antioch CFS - Friend

Purchase additional contacts with
5 Karma
1 Edge and Flaw point

Where are they now?

Kliko, Ludi and Felix - Running missions for Radek, across the world
Bubba - Semi retired. Running his own doughnut shop, Big Bubba's Big Donuts.
Jamie - Working as a freelancer decker
Corsair - Semi retired. Training as a Urban Brawler

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012