Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
It is probably its own skill, most closely related to either grenade launcher or harpoon gun.
blindfox
dont think anyone is waiting on you, aaron. think juan and i still need to come up with something solid for a plan to infil.

when all else fails we could always go weapons free... ;P
Bastard
Just makin' sure...

Have fun making a plan. vegm.gif
Kliko
Yeah well, Kliko is skilled with 'launch weapons', but he has to make sure the boat doesn't crash. This is going to be Bubba's moment of fame smokin.gif

-EDIT-
Or we just drop the anchor... want to give Bubba some spotlight time as well. We'll see how our practice day works out.

-EDIT2-
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Nov 4 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Bubba, loads his cyber guns, grabs his stun batons, puts on his lined coat, grbs the needed testing equipment and heads out the door.
A lined coat in the tropics, hilarious rotfl.gif

SneakyJoeKDB
Hes used to sweating... And he sticks out like a sore thumb any way!

Bubba is very skilled with heavy weapons if the grapple gun defaults to that skill.
Kliko
Bastard's call, fine by me.
Kliko
@Bastard: how far is it from the safehouse to where the boat is moored?. Bubba got a point there.
Bastard
Not far. Same district, lets call it about 2 miles to the water.

You guys are kind of on free roam right now, so if you have a question, make a preemptive skill test roll you think applies just in case. That should keep the game moving.
blindfox
i think Ludi should contact Bala on some fake id's before we go the next step and nab a couple of wageslaves. i wanna go nutso and start using the firepower i brought with me, but i know we'd never get inside at that rate. once we're inside however... ork.gif
Mister Juan
I was going to post but I'm confused for 2 sec: so, who's going with Ludi and just whats the plan now? Getting IDs from Bala? Stealing them? Kidnapping 2 employees?
Kliko
Sugar is coming with Ludi. You're free to infiltrate the ark anyway you see fit cool.gif
Bastard
Tell me when you guys are acting and not planning - and remember to include any rolls you anticipate having to make.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Nov 8 2009, 05:47 AM) *
Sugar is coming with Ludi. You're free to infiltrate the ark anyway you see fit cool.gif

Alright! I'll draft some sort of plan.
Kliko
I will prepare a post on how Kliko and Bubba spend the day cool.gif
Mister Juan
Is ductape readily availible in Guiana?
Bastard
Yes, but only in the good parts of town.

Where your safehouse is, there is only Ductrope.
Kliko
@Sneaky, let's see what kind of mountaineering material Bubba and Kliko are made of. Let's default skill to skill for both Heavy Weapons and Launch weapons.
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Heavy Weapons
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
It takes a couple tries, but you have a few hits and lots of misses.
Kliko
@Bastard: In case you wandered, we'll just make a big circle (>1 km) around the ark.
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Ok... I really need an update from Ludi and Sugar to continue.

As soon as they find away onto the ark, we can progress.
Mister Juan
Alright, post is up.
The plan is pretty straightforward.

Ludi will switch place with Sugar, and park the van close enough to the ferry so they can see people coming.
As soon as they spot a likely target, Ludi will have Sugar shadow the target, while she tries to maneuver the van so the target has to walk by it (preferably, next to it, where the sliding door is).
She'll move towards the back, standing inside the van, and next to the door, so she can open it at a moment's notice.
When the target walks by the van, Sugar will make the grab, while she throws the door open.
As soon as the target is in the van... well... how he reacts will affect what Ludi does.

Also, Ludi would very much like to get a roll of ductape while on their way. If they can. If she can't, she'll do her best to fashion some sort of opaque "hood" (cut up a tshirt and using a small sewing kit grinbig.gif )
Mister Juan
What Ludi brings:
[ Spoiler ]

blindfox
i will post tomorrow. sorry for the hold up, everybody, but i can only get online at work these days and i usually havent got the time to make long-winded posts.
anyway, its as good a plan as any smile.gif
Mister Juan
In a nutshell, were doing the classic grab that you see in every single spy thriller.

Guy walks along the sidewalk.
A van pulls next to him.
He's shoved in the van.
SneakyJoeKDB
Nice plan, hopefully you can acquire two targets that way.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Nov 17 2009, 01:10 AM) *
Nice plan, hopefully you can acquire two targets that way.

Worst comes to worst, one would technically be sufficient.
Bastard
Havent read your IC yet, will get to that in about 30 min. How are you going to locate the targets and determine they work at the Ark?
Mister Juan
Isn't there a ferry that was supposed to take people to and fro the ark? I thought we were staking that out.
Bastard
Yes. I just finished reading your post. Just wanted to make sure I knew where you were going. Very good post by the way. grinbig.gif

Need some rolls from you guys, if that is your plan.

Sugar -

Three Perception Tests
Two Stealth (Tail) Tests

Ludi -

Three Perception Tests
Two Stealth (Tail-Vehicle) Tests

Feel free to post IC prep, spotting a target, and following. I will use your rolls to determine a few things. Then we will do the grab.
Mister Juan
Rolls for Ludi

Perception
[ Spoiler ]
Stealth
[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan
@Blindfox
You want to post something first?
blindfox
im gonna have to post from a friends house or the library or something. i dont have my char's numbers with me and i cant get enough time to post from here at work dead.gif i hate to keep saying it but i just need a little bit more time.

Mister Juan
QUOTE (blindfox @ Nov 18 2009, 05:19 PM) *
im gonna have to post from a friends house or the library or something. i dont have my char's numbers with me and i cant get enough time to post from here at work dead.gif i hate to keep saying it but i just need a little bit more time.

Thats alright! I'm just afraid of launching into a really long post and just stealing the whole scene away wink.gif I would've like to get some chatter back and forth between Sugar and Ludi, to get some sort of dynamic going. So I don't mind waiting up. But in the end, I guess its Bastard's call.
Bastard
When ever you cannot make rolls, just post in the OC "GM roll."

I will have you covered.

Go ahead and post IC and I will add your rolls in an edit.

Trying to get peoples Thursday Night picks in for my football pool. They do not understand the term deadline.

EDIT - Sugar's Rolls

Perception Tests
[ Spoiler ]

Stealth Tests (Sneaking)
[ Spoiler ]

I will post IC this time tomorrow to give Sugar some time. My post will put Ludi and Sugar into action, so be ready.

KLIKO - are you circling the Ark?
Kliko
Yup, one big afternoon pass, to get a feel of its scale/size (it always looks different then on the photo's). Then we return back to Kourou. Should be able to make it back to Kourou before 1800.
Bastard
Ok... I will include a post involving your little trip around the islands tomorrow also.

For now... I sleep!

More OT tomorrow! Yay!
Mister Juan
Hey guys!
I'm going out of town for 3 days on work assignment. I have no idea if I'll really have time to get online... so dont expect to hear from me until monday.
Bastard
IC post coming up. I thought it would be up yesterday, but yesterday's OT was long and tiring, but todays was relaxing and easy. grinbig.gif

Mister Juan
I just got back from out of town. I’m totally burnt out, so I’m turning in early today.
What I have done though is read through what’s been posted. I have some sort of idea what I’ll write, so I’ll do my best to post tomorrow morning.
Bastard
Well... hopefully things will pick back up at start of December guys.

Kliko
Yeah, hope so as well, Currently waiting for Juan to make his post.
Bastard
The second part of the IC for you and Bubba, Kliko.
Bastard
I would like to keep the game going...

Are you all still interested???

Kliko?
Bubba?
Ludi?
Sugar?

Duster???

EDIT - Oh... sorry Kliko, did not see your post. Must have missed the email update.
Mister Juan
Hey! What about my post! frown.gif
Bastard
My bad... I had already got that one.

Okay... are you guys ready for me to post then?
Mister Juan
I had nothing left to add. I was mainly waiting up in case blindfox wanted to post something. Didn't want to jump the guns and make his character act in any way.
Kliko
"Always ready to rock."

Not sure what film that quote is from, but it contained a lot of badass Elvisses.

-EDIT-
A, that must have been "3,000 miles to Graceland"
SneakyJoeKDB
I am back... I had almost forgot about this because there had been such little activity and I had the CA vacation... Anyway I am back!
Kliko
Good news, I understood from El Bastardo that he had to do alot of OT lately.

How was your holiday?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012