Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Mister Juan
Well that pretty much answers my question.
I'll write up until Ludi tries to get on the ferry. I take it they check IDs?
Bastard
Yes. They scan your ID to get on the ferry. You find it pretty easy to get on the ferry, and to get onto the island, where you run into the real security.
Bastard
You have more questions before posting Mr. Juan?
Kliko
Ok, the skiff-crew is ready and set. We'll leave Sugar to guard the hossies during the night and free up some extra weight/freeboard for our night's run. I imagine he joins the rest of the team the morning after leaving the van at some waterside car-park for use later on. The hossies should be free to go by then (cut their duct-rope bonds and just leave, keeping the door open so to speak).

The cache was setup due to save up some freeboard for the Atlantic. Wouldn't want to capsize the skiff due to overloading it eek.gif.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jan 30 2010, 06:29 AM) *
The cache was setup due to save up some freeboard for the Atlantic. Wouldn't want to capsize the skiff due to overloading it eek.gif.

Are you reading my notes?
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 30 2010, 03:43 PM) *
Are you reading my notes?
No, but I figured it would make sense to someone with three ranks in the motorboat skill smokin.gif.

If this was RL I would leave the troll with the cache as well, but it's more fun to have Keith on board (besides it's his birthday tomorrow).
Bastard
Seems like someone might get a birthday plunge.
Bastard
Still waiting on your arrival post Mr. Juan.

Kliko
Let's get things going again. El Bastardo, can you move things a little forward to help Juan out?
Bastard
Will do.

I will try to get a post up tomorrow. Been really, really sick, so my concentration has been lacking.

Bastard
Hey, I need some idea of how LUDI is passing through security.
Mister Juan
I basically didn't know what to expect concerning the security checkpoint on the ark. So I pretty much stopped there.
Sorry for not having been around. Dealing with some physical complications from my accident. My body is sorta giving on me some days, but I'll do my best to keep you posted on how things are. Thanks a lot for hanging in with me in this game wink.gif
Kliko
Hehe, we're fine with that. Very nice post btw.

Lets see how long it takes El Bastardo for us to make motorboating skill checks wobble.gif
Bastard
I will try to get an IC post up tomorrow for you Mr. Juan. My body is giving me a little trouble lately too. I am hopped up on some medications right now, so I will hit it up tonight or tomorrow. wobble.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Mr. Juan,

Are you a professional writer? Well I think you should be, your psots are very well written and easy to visualize with great back story filling! Just like a juicy strawberry filled donut! Keep up the good writes!

Hope you get better!
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Feb 8 2010, 03:35 PM) *
Mr. Juan,

Are you a professional writer? Well I think you should be, your psots are very well written and easy to visualize with great back story filling! Just like a juicy strawberry filled donut! Keep up the good writes!

Hope you get better!

Thank you so much for that. Seriously. You can't even imagine how much something like this means to me. Thanks.
Mister Juan
Wasn't sure if I should or could roll something. But anyways, here's a pure charisma roll (smiling, making pretty eye contact, etc... nyahnyah.gif) for the guard.

Charisma
[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan
Also, just a quick side questions to y'all.
I write almost exclusively to music. At least, when I write a post that has more than few lines, I try to find a song to write to. Helps me visualize thing. Anyways, I've realized I could pretty much put together a soundtrack for the game, and I was wondering: if you had to pick a (or more) theme song for your character, or a scene in particular, what would it be? I'm just curious wink.gif
Bastard
How most runs go
Mister Juan
How far ahead can I post?
Bastard
Very.

See Post #895
Mister Juan
Alright! I'll write up the night at the ark, the morning after, and setting up the grab. Want any rolls for Ludi setting up the gear or do we just go RP?
Bastard
No rolls yet... I will have to see your post...

I will right up a description of the ark later today in the IC.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 8 2010, 10:53 PM) *
Also, just a quick side questions to y'all.
I write almost exclusively to music. At least, when I write a post that has more than few lines, I try to find a song to write to. Helps me visualize thing. Anyways, I've realized I could pretty much put together a soundtrack for the game, and I was wondering: if you had to pick a (or more) theme song for your character, or a scene in particular, what would it be? I'm just curious wink.gif

Hmm... For Bubba I would have to say "Chariots of Fire Sound Track." And if I had to pick a movie scene Bubba would fit well into Mall Cop...
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Feb 10 2010, 12:50 PM) *
And if I had to pick a movie scene Bubba would fit well into Mall Cop...

What a horrible movie. I feel bad you think so lowly of Bubba.

I would think this would be his song, and he would be Mongo in this movie.

"If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad."

"Mongo like candy."
Kliko
Bastard's Song hits the mark, but somehow now I'm picturing a huge troll coming to the rescue (in slow motion, with spittle hanging from the corner of his mouth) on the Chariots of Fire soundtrack...

that's disturbing eek.gif
Mister Juan
@Bastard
I didn't go into the detail of Ludi hiding the harnesses and everything... mostly because it was boring to write wink.gif
I felt like this was a good point to stop in case you wanted to add something. I didn't feel like writing the entire kidnapping going on without a hitch... That would just be boring wink.gif So I thought I should wait for you!
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 10 2010, 04:00 PM) *
What a horrible movie. I feel bad you think so lowly of Bubba.

I would think this would be his song, and he would be Mongo in this movie.

"If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad."

"Mongo like candy."

Yeah Mongo seems to be on the mark... I just picture a big goof ball that can somehow turn out the victory. And yes, an intimidating goof ball at that. And mall Cop was a bad movie but Bubba is also a "Bad Movie" in game... silly.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Feb 10 2010, 04:51 PM) *
Bastard's Song hits the mark, but somehow now I'm picturing a huge troll coming to the rescue (in slow motion, with spittle hanging from the corner of his mouth) on the Chariots of Fire soundtrack...

that's disturbing eek.gif

And that is why I went for the Chariots of Fire... it fits the goof ball/ disturbing theme... grinbig.gif
Mister Juan
Well, like Ludi thought.... Here we go.

So, as per the previously discussed plan, Ludi will start the jammer, and then trip/tackle/bring down the target.
For the time being, I'm not taking any action taken by the drone or the target into account, just stating what she would do if "nothing" happened.

She'll bring the target to the ground, strike him once in the stomach to get most of his air out and get him in a choke hold. When he passes out, she'll drag him to the edge of the cliff and get him in the harness. Once he's strapped in, she'll handcuff his hands in the front, and put her harness on.

Here are a bunch of rolls, to cover... whatever wink.gif

Rolls galore!
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
Yeah, just do not forget to radio in the standby... twirl.gif and wait until we confirm we got a secure rope slide...

Would be a shame if we didn't already setup the rope slide when you come dragging Hausmann there.
SneakyJoeKDB
Hope all goes well, I think that drone is going to be problematic... I am sure it has camera and it may even have a weapon. How well does that jammer work, just sound or can it block images too?
Kliko
Supposed to screw up the drone's sensors and/or link to a rigger's remote deck... so for a rating 8 jammer we should be fine. That is until the security notices their radio's aren't working etc...
Bastard
Trying to find the rules for jammers and drones. read.gif Thought it would be in Rigger.
Mister Juan
I saw your post and I was like "Of course, I know where THAT rule is!"
Upon actually trying to track it down, I realized.....

I have no clue........
Kliko
Actually it's p. 138 of the sr3 Corebook under Electronic Counter Measures. The jammer is described on p. 291 of same.

Rigger 3 has some more advanced rules, for for example infiltrating someones remote control network and the like on p. 35-40

Rules for the sensor-enhanced gunnery are found on p. 152 of the corebook.

Man, I love indexes.
Bastard
I still cannot find my R3! upsidedown.gif

Thanks Kliko for the locations! notworthy.gif

I have found my hardcopy of my SR3 book... but cannot locate my ebooks. I backed them up on a flash drive for just this reason. However, I cannot find my flash drive either. question.gif blarg.

So...

Mr. Juan, Ludi needs to make a jamming test: Roll the number of dice equal to the jammer's rating (8 ) vs the drone's ECCM. Then reroll vs. the Flux rating of the drone.
Mister Juan
Here goes nothing!
Roll 1 (vs ECCM): 10 05 05 03 03 02 01 01
Roll 2 (vs Flux): 11 11 07 05 05 04 03 02

Bastard
Which way is Ludi running around the track? Clockwise or counter?

Check your emails... sending you guys a picture.
Mister Juan
Clockwise, I guess
Bastard
Okay, you will come up behind Hausemann then. He is running the same direction. As you approach the drone makes no action toward you.

Assume you have a surprise attack, and also roll for Initiative.
Mister Juan
I cannot find, for the life me of me, my SR3 BBB... Its the only book I don't have a PDF copy of. Curses.
Whats the rule on surprise attack again?

EDIT: Also, just pointing out that Ludi will not make her move until Hausemann is near Kliko & Bubba's anchor point, since she stashed the gear there.
Also, as per my previous post, Ludi's initiative is of 11.
Bastard
Basically surprise attack you get a free move against the surprised character or npc, and they cannot impede or react in anyway. This happens before initiative.

Surprises are Reaction vs. Reaction, with many modifiers, like stealth. Your target already failed, so I assume you rolled at least one success.
Kliko
Bastard, you post next? I think Juan made all his rolls already...
Bastard
For the jammer? I got those.

Hausmann has just hit the trail... Ludi's turn. The drone takes no action except to follow Hausmann.

EDIT

LUDI - I do not know if you are tripping or tackling him. Go ahead and post IC. Make a Stealth roll, too.
Mister Juan
@Bastard
Good thing you sent me an email wink.gif I hadn't seen your edit on the post.
So, first things first: Ludi will attempt to tackle Hausmann to the ground. Trying to simply trip him gives him too much chances to avoid it. That and tackling seems oh so much more Ludi like nyahnyah.gif

As for the stealth roll:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Ok... go ahead and IC your successful tackle. The drone really does not take any action when you make your move.
Mister Juan
If the tackle hasn't knocked Hausmann out, and I got the impression it hadn't, Ludi will punch him once straight in the stomach. Hopefully, it'll get enough air out to make him easier to... handle.

[ Spoiler ]

That is, unless the drone does something drastic... like start shooting rockets wink.gif
Kliko
@Bubba: You setup the rope slide (IC-post + roll?). Can't have Ludi steal the show wink.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012