Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
ntwi
To help us stay on the same page so to speak, I typed up a few notes/thoughts/things to look into and put in on Google Docs here. Feel free to edit or comment with your thoughts regarding things. Hopefully we can turn this into "The Plan v2.0" without so much work from Bastard.

Although for the secondary missions, burn down a Stuffershack (a genuine Aztechnology subsidiary) in a new sector for ~10k.
Mister Juan
Am I the only one who thinks we might have to do as much of all this as we can in a single night / day? If we drags things on, the Azzies might beef up their security at other sites.
ntwi
nope, I agree with that, either in a single day or with a week between them. Setting incendiary devices on one, making a run on another and detonating a truck bomb at the third all at the same time. Fun smile.gif
Mister Juan
We should first set ourselves a set number of target.
-Do we want to go only after the main three ?
-If not, how many additional targets would we be willing to take on?

We have to keep in mind that once everything starts to blow sky high, we might have the entire sector crashing down on us; especially if we start truck bombing corporate offices wink.gif

Ludi had already put in place an emergency extraction for the team, through one of her contact. I'm starting to think she might give her contact another call just to confirm it's still doable. Somehow, I've got a feeling we might need to split REALLY fast.
ntwi
Too bad the Halloweeners don't have a Denver chapter... Thats why my thoughts had been on a potentially split party, with the warehouse incendiary devices planted first with radio detonators. Jamie and Corsair do a data run on the corp headquarters while the other three of us do the "normal" run on the research facility. We leave timed explosives in the research facility, and when the time arrives, Corsair drives a remotely rigged truck bomb into the corp HQ as the warehouse and research lab go up in smoke. With any luck, we've all left ~30+ minutes before they blow and are out of sector by then.

Dang it, the research lab is the one down in Colorado Springs isn't it. That may change things then.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Sep 28 2011, 03:58 PM) *
To help us stay on the same page so to speak, I typed up a few notes/thoughts/things to look into and put in on Google Docs here. Feel free to edit or comment with your thoughts regarding things. Hopefully we can turn this into "The Plan v2.0" without so much work from Bastard.

Although for the secondary missions, burn down a Stuffershack (a genuine Aztechnology subsidiary) in a new sector for ~10k.

THANKS! This is awesome!

rollin.gif rollin.gif rollin.gif rollin.gif rollin.gif rollin.gif

You have made my day!
Kliko
Put some updates in the Google Doc.
Bastard
Added some minor information in blue to the Google doc, and made some minor formatting so the jobs were separated more... and spell checked Kliko's handy work! grinbig.gif
Mister Juan
Personally, any "subcontracting" I would do on the secondary targets only, and that is, if we decide to hit any of those.
The guy who hired us seems to be a pretty big shot, and if we hire someone else to do the job, and THEY fuck up, it will be our heads on the cutting board. So yea, I'm not too down with that, and I suspect Ludi isn't either wink.gif

Same goes for "burning" another team of runner. That's REALLY bad rep, and in no way will Ludi ever back a move like that. She needs the money badly, like everyone, but she won't screw over another team of runners unless she's 10000000% it won't come back to her. Basically, it isn't a risk she's ready to take.

Whatever we do, I think we'll probably have to somehow split the team up. I mean, we could blow up target 1 and 3 remotely, and do a physical run on target 2. Or do 1 remotely, split the team in two and have half go after target 2, while the other half goes against target 3.

Also, as much as I'd love to get more cred by going after secondary targets, we might have to either put it off a bit until things cool down, hit them the same day with remote detonated bombs / fire device, or just not go after any at all.
galenbd
I think the three we have are already going to stretch us a bit. No secondary targets. The data extraction may need at least one heavy hitter. Jamie can't knock down a security team on her own.

Also, we may be able to sell the data we steal, but we should do it from here. I'd rather not have our proceeds inform our target where we are from.

We should consider ways to keep our identities from our target. I'm thinking of DNA from loose hairs and skin cells, et al.
ntwi
For secondary targets, Felix was thinking on a different scale than the rest of you were I guess. Mr White did not specify what scale of targets for the secondary ones, merely that they were Aztechnology or subsidaries. 5k for a minor target + 5k for a new sector is 10k. I think we can pay a gang 3k to torch a Stuffershack in another gangs turf pretty easily, netting us 7k. Even if Aztech facilities in other sectors have been hit, a Stuffershack is not going to have much in the way of heightened security.

For the main three targets, (all of this is pure speculation as we have not started recon or anything IC yet) the warehouse seems easy enough to set on a timer/remote detonation. The corp HQ run could easily be a two part run, a quiet data steal and later a remote truck bomb for demo. The research facility is the only one that seems to need a larger group.

I'll update the google doc with more concrete thoughts later tonight.
ntwi
Here's a half dozen Perception rolls
[ Spoiler ]

And some Magic Background
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
ntwi, your results are posted in the IC.

Ludi and Kliko have a son.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 1 2011, 02:16 AM) *
Juan, we have a son!

Also check out the Dragon's Breath rounds at the end of this video! (starts at about 4:28)
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 1 2011, 02:03 AM) *
Juan, we have a son!

Also check out the Dragon's Breath rounds at the end of this video! (starts at about 4:28)
Awesome! Hadn't watched that one yet. "As always, have nice day."
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Sep 29 2011, 04:02 PM) *
Personally, any "subcontracting" I would do on the secondary targets only, and that is, if we decide to hit any of those.
The guy who hired us seems to be a pretty big shot, and if we hire someone else to do the job, and THEY fuck up, it will be our heads on the cutting board. So yea, I'm not too down with that, and I suspect Ludi isn't either wink.gif
Its irrelevant whether the subcontracted team succeeds on the corporate research lab. Kliko would want to run the others himself. We don't neccesarily have to burn another team. We can just hire cheap or a team with a reputation for being trigger happy...

I see where ntwi is coming from. But that way our exposure to the Denver shadow community is just getting to big. Kliko plans to live this one through and Aztech is renowned for taking out revenge on runner teams.

I'll check the google doc in a moment and add comments if appropiate.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 1 2011, 01:55 PM) *
I see where ntwi is coming from. But that way our exposure to the Denver shadow community is just getting to big. Kliko plans to live this one through and Aztech is renowned for taking out revenge on runner teams.

That is actually a very good argument I hadn't taken into account.

So yea, Ludi will be off for a date with Daze. I was wondering, beside a street doc (cause we might need one wink.gif) and access to explosives, is there aything we know we need right now?
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 1 2011, 02:50 PM) *
, is there aything we know we need right now?
Detonators?
Mister Juan
I've started adding my thoughts on the google doc.

For the 3 main targets, I'm pretty much along the same line as ntwi. The Research Center will definitely be the hardest nut to crack. Even on a friday night, at 11pm, it seems to have a lot of staff still working.

I think we can already safely rank all 3 targets from hardest to easiest (both in execution and planning) like so:
1- Research Center
2- Corporate Office
3- Warehouse

What I think we need to do, is establish a sort of "schedule of operation" for each target:
When do they close / open? When does it seems there are less people around? Etc...

So, first thing we need to do is recon / surveillance, which we can break down into 3 categories:
Matrix
Astral
Physical

Fortunately, we have at least one team member which is damn well suited for each, and I'm sure everyone can guess who goes where wink.gif
Matrix: Jamie
Astral: Felix
Physical: Corsair (with them drones of his nyahnyah.gif)

To get a good feel of how each place runs, I would say that a safe margin of error would be a full week of surveillance; so 7 days. If we had all the time in the world, I would say 1 month, but we just don't have the logistical support for that. So yea, 7 days would be a good target.

Since we don't want to have Kliko, Bubba and Ludi twiddle their thumbs all day long for 1 week, I think what we should try to do is either get them hired at each site, or at least have them "interview" for any kind of job available. This means we should check if each of the target has any job openings, or if they subcontracting stuff (like security, cleaning, etc...). I mean, just look at what having Bubba inside the temple allowed us to do!

So, here's what I say we do, right now, before doing anything else:
1- Look for job openings at all 3 sites
2- Being surveillance of all 3 sites

And here's what Ludi will do, as fast as possible:
a) One Street Doc if need be
b) Minimum of 2 suppliers for either/or weapons/gear
c) An extra safehouse in the sector where all 3 targets are (so we don't have to cross the border every day)

Unless anyone has any objections / anything to add, I say we get the ball rolling on the recon.
Mister Juan
@Bastard
Would you allow cyberweapons to be installed in non cyberlimbs? I'm mainly looking into the Shock Hand cyberware.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 3 2011, 07:58 AM) *
@Bastard
Would you allow cyberweapons to be installed in non cyberlimbs? I'm mainly looking into the Shock Hand cyberware.

Yes.

REMEMBER TEAM -

Be specific what you are doing to gain your recon and include rolls for everything you ask or do!!!

If you ask a vague question, you will not get a specific answer. Sorry. Not going to make it that easy.
For example, you ask me "Can I just walk in the building?" Your answer will be, "Nope." Because you are not specifying how you are trying to enter. Through a wall? Mix in with the crowd? Slip in a back door? Have you observed? Have you tried? Where is your roll? And did your roll include the skill you are using?

The reason for this is many times people try to ask vague questions when they arent sure what to do, and hope it will cover something that may cause the other person to give them the answer. You have plenty of in game time to do recon, so your vague questions will get vague answers.

If all else fails, I am sure you have the talent and firepower to do damage the old fashion way.
Mister Juan
How about we split up the planning for all 3 targets between the 5 of us, to get the ball rolling?
Bastard
MR J - I see your edits to the Google Doc. Can you use a different green!? Wow my eyes were hurting to see that! wobble.gif

GALEN - I forgot to include the IDs/Passes... I am posting in the IC right now.

EDIT
I edited my last post (an edit with an edit!) to include the following (and a spoiler within a spoiler!):

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 4 2011, 09:08 AM) *
MR J - I see your edits to the Google Doc. Can you use a different green!? Wow my eyes were hurting to see that! wobble.gif

But I like my neon green frown.gif
It's done wink.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 4 2011, 05:58 AM) *
But I like my neon green frown.gif
It's done wink.gif

AWESOME! It changed right before my eyes!
Mister Juan
That's how I roll. I roll AWESOME.
Bastard
I also edited other colors... it seemed there were two bright greens! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Galen, I made you purple. NTWI is orange... but who is red?
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 4 2011, 10:16 AM) *
I also edited other colors... it seemed there were two bright greens! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Galen, I made you purple. NTWI is orange... but who is red?
Guilty!
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 4 2011, 08:08 AM) *
GALEN - I forgot to include the IDs/Passes... I am posting in the IC right now.

I'm totally digging that program. That's got to be very valuable to a Denver Fixer. However, that wasn't what I was asking about. Ms. Johnson got us IDs that we still have. Do we know what rating those IDs were?

Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 4 2011, 06:25 AM) *
I'm totally digging that program. That's got to be very valuable to a Denver Fixer. However, that wasn't what I was asking about. Ms. Johnson got us IDs that we still have. Do we know what rating those IDs were?
Level 1. Sorry, thought I answered that. They are Level 1 + Passes.

This new program is essentially a Pass, not a SIN. It attaches to a SIN, either you can plug it in, or it will create one. You are unsure of the quality of the SIN it creates.
galenbd
Not a lot got added to the google doc recently. Are we done with the planning? Are we ready to move on?

I'm mostly waiting for the meeting IC to end so I can start my recon.
Kliko
Sorry guys, been very busy lately.

Kliko thinks the big number of people in the research facility is a bit weird.
Could this perhaps be test-subjects? If so, what are they testing and can we set them free creating chaos and havoc?

Will have to wait until the Corsair completes his recon to determine the mste ffective blow-up strategy.

Will amend the google doc later today (now at work).
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 5 2011, 05:34 AM) *
Not a lot got added to the google doc recently. Are we done with the planning? Are we ready to move on?

I'm mostly waiting for the meeting IC to end so I can start my recon.

Go ahead and write the end. No one has added anything, so go ahead and give a quick outro for the group,then do your thing.
Mister Juan
Ok yea. I know. I completely wrote off the actual meet nyahnyah.gif It just felt boring to write. I'll hand out an OOC list of what Ludi asked Daze before they decided to eat, drink and party wink.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 5 2011, 08:14 PM) *
Ok yea. I know. I completely wrote off the actual meet nyahnyah.gif It just felt boring to write. I'll hand out an OOC list of what Ludi asked Daze before they decided to eat, drink and party wink.gif

Awesome post. As soon as I get that list, I can post "the morning after." I do have a real name for Daze... but I got to look it up. For a lot of your contacts I use ex-characters of mine, or contacts that have been fleshed out enough that many of my characters have shared them.
galenbd
Ok, I posted to try and move us forward.

@nwti The next big thing for Jamie is to hit the warehouse host. I'm out of town this weekend, so I won't have the attention until next week. Think you'll be ready by Monday evening? Do you want to try and handle it by IM? I've been using Google talk, but I could work on Yahoo messenger if needed.
Mister Juan
List for Daze NOT YET COMPLETE
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
@The Team
Just to keep you posted (you can always check out the list Ludi drew for Daze if you want), Ludi will be checking the availability of different things that go BURN BURN BURN or BOOM BOOM BOOM.

So, White Phosphorous and Incendiary Grenades, Incendiary Mortar Rounds (IEDs galore!), Commercial Explosives and Plastic Compound.

Beside Kliko, who asked me to get him an Assault Rifle, was there anything anyone wanted in particular?
galenbd
I'm out of town this weekend, so I may not be able to post again until Sunday night.
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 6 2011, 08:31 PM) *
Beside Kliko, who asked me to get him an Assault Rifle, was there anything anyone wanted in particular?
I like the incendiary mortar IED approach!

I don't think you can put a shock pad on the integral folding stock of the FN-HAR (only on rigid stocks). But we should be fine with whatever her contact comes up with (AK+Shock pad or FN-Har or anyother AR).
Bastard
Is that list complete yet, Mr. Juan???
Kliko
@Mr. Juan: Kliko brought along a basic medkit (rating 3)
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 8 2011, 03:04 AM) *
Is that list complete yet, Mr. Juan???

I was just waiting to see if anyone else had requests.

Let's say it is.

I took out two items (the medkit and the shock pads) and changed the number of clips for the FN HAR to something more... conservative.
Bastard
Thanks Juan. Will try to get an IC post up soon... had a busy week of mandatory OT and being micromanaged (incorrectly at that!) at work this week, a wedding and a fun trip to the vet for my hell-spawn little kitty cat!

Still got to look up Daze's name!
Mister Juan
That's quite alright man. My life is pretty much as busy as can be, so I completely understand.

Just one little thing; for the detonators, Ludi actually wanted timers, not radio wink.gif
Mister Juan
@Kliko
Ludi asked for a total of 8 clips (35rds each). Should be enough for even a worst case scenario. If Kliko needs more than 280 rounds to get the job done, we probably have bigger problems at that point than running out of bullets wink.gif
Kliko
Yup, also seeing we'll be running against Aztech, I would skip the gel-rounds...

The Kalashnikov(AK97) is fine for Kliko, just make sure Daze tosses in a Shock Pad for free at that rate of his (that way he can shoot it with 3RC).

The white phosphorus looks appealing as well. We should consider going for that over regular incendiaries. Explosives are very much affordable. I'll put the rest of my thoughts in the Google Doc tomorrow.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 9 2011, 03:36 PM) *
Yup, also seeing we'll be running against Aztech, I would skip the gel-rounds...

The Kalashnikov(AK97) is fine for Kliko, just make sure Daze tosses in a Shock Pad for free at that rate of his (that way he can shoot it with 3RC).

The white phosphorus looks appealing as well. We should consider going for that over regular incendiaries. Explosives are very much affordable. I'll put the rest of my thoughts in the Google Doc tomorrow.

Alright. Ludi will try to get Kliko a AK97 instead with Shock Pads, and she'll forgo the Gel Rounds. Would 5 clips of regular be enough?

The cool thing with White Phosphorus is that you can't extinguish it with water. You need to either completely smother it, or cover it with some other chemical agent. We could just tape like 5 grenades in a bundle, put a small explosive charge in the middle and boom.

You sure you don't want the FN HAR? It's a pretty sweet AR, and the Denver price is almost the same as the price you'd get back home.
ntwi
@Galen: Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, school and the bathroom remodel have been taking more time than expected right now. The early part of this week is looking bad, although Friday during the day or Saturday at any point currently look clear. I don't think you want to try and run the warehouse matrix system from offsite like this though. You'll probably have to work through several networks, including a firewall/difficult host before you can get to the aztech internal warehouse host. If you're on site, or even nearby if they have a wireless system rigged (which would make a lot of sense for a warehouse inventory system) you'd bypass most of their matrix security. Just my 2 nuyen.gif .

Otherwise, it looks like Felix is going to be needed to run astral recon all week and so won't be buying and setting up the lodge to learn Magic Fingers or anything else at this point. I can run with what I got and learn them back in CA I guess.
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 9 2011, 03:55 PM) *
You sure you don't want the FN HAR? It's a pretty sweet AR, and the Denver price is almost the same as the price you'd get back home.
I like a challenge biggrin.gif. Especially one originating from cost considerations wink.gif

-EDIT-
Also a wonderfull IC-post!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012