Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
SneakyJoeKDB
Well I am getting itchy... want to see something go BOOM! All this sneaking around is boring! ninja.gif = sleepy.gif
Kliko
Lol:

Who knows what kind of hardcore Charlie Foxtrots we find ahead of us?

Time will tell wink.gif
Bastard
Okay Jamie, continue.... but what support pipes are you talking about?
galenbd
Sorry I'm late. I'm working on it now.

I had assumed the cameras were not mounted directly to the wall, but extended out just a little. Most of the times I have seen that, it's been attached to a pipe.

Galen
galenbd
I don't have anything more for 15 minutes or until a guard shows up.

Galen
galenbd
I won't be at work tomorrow, so I won't be able to post until tomorrow evening.

Galen
ntwi
Meditating/Resting to try and drop the two? boxes of stun.
Willpower (TN 3): 1,3,3,3,4,10
12 minutes per box. 1424: one box, 1436: all gone.

If I still have one box when it's time for Kliko and Ludi to go in, Felix will use a level 1 stimpatch to remove the penalty before casting the invisibility spells.
Bastard
Isn't Felix still maintaining Jamie's invisibility? That would make him unable to take the rest.

Jamie, I am editing your post a bit. You cant put the camera completely back together, as your jack needs to come through the space between the bubble and the mount. It is still unscrewed on the top where your dataline can run through, so I would think that you would leave the tape there in case you broke the bottom part of the case in the event that shoving your arm in their broke the mount any. It is high enough that you would guess you wouldnt notice it from the ground.
ntwi
The invisibility on Jamie was to be dropped pretty quickly in conjunction with the confusion on the spirits. I would have tried to keep it up until he finished with the cameras, but the real limiting factor was how long the spirits could be confused for.
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 13 2011, 03:34 PM) *
Isn't Felix still maintaining Jamie's invisibility? That would make him unable to take the rest.

Jamie, I am editing your post a bit. You cant put the camera completely back together, as your jack needs to come through the space between the bubble and the mount. It is still unscrewed on the top where your dataline can run through, so I would think that you would leave the tape there in case you broke the bottom part of the case in the event that shoving your arm in their broke the mount any. It is high enough that you would guess you wouldnt notice it from the ground.

As far I am aware, Jamie is no longer invisible. She will have to rely on Stealth.

How did Jamie not understand that installation of the dataline tap would not allow the camera housing to close before she actually installed the tap?

Part of our plan was to allow a guard to look at the camera with the installed tap and then go back inside without being concerned. After he went back inside, she would open the housing again and then jack in.

I can shoot a security guard, but I didn't expect to. If I had known even up to the point before I installed the dataline tap, I would have discussed a different plan. My Stealth roll also may not help at this point.

How screwed are we?

Galen
Kliko
@Galen: We'll manage wink.gif

You worry to much.
Bastard
I misunderstood. Will edit my post.
Kliko
Stupid question: what time are the services?

Can't seem to find it anywhere, though if memory serves me right its around 15:00?
Bastard
Correct you are sir. 1500.
SneakyJoeKDB
Screwed? As long as Jami doesnt squeal we will be ok... j/king rotfl.gif
Kliko
Can't link to posts from my work-station. The auto-picker roll is my post nr. 2115 in this topic...
Bastard
Go ahead and post forward to the next event.
galenbd
So 15 minutes ticks by with noone showing up?

Galen
Bastard
Yup... until Bubba pops out... People are out front and coming up 58th though... you know... coming to the "meeting"
Bastard
Before you roll up in the suv, I need jamie to hack, and felix to be magical. Other wise you are going in like they aren't even there.
galenbd
I'm working on it.

Galen
galenbd
My first post is up. I am assuming we are using the Quick Resolution Decking system, so I tailored my dice roll accordingly.

Galen
ntwi
Spellcasting Results
[ Spoiler ]

@Kliko and Ludi
Intelligence + 12 dice against a TN of 4.
6 hits to see Ludi, 8 hits to see Kliko
Kliko
@ntwi: Won't it make sense to wait with the invisibility until we parked the SUV at the back? Would be rather suspicious if the roller gate opens all by itself...
[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
That'll teach me to look at more than just the last post for the current timestamp. The original timetable posted by Bastard had you and Ludi infilling at ~1450-1455 so that Bubba could get you inside before he attends the service that starts at 1500. I think you had bounced too far forward in time, but I'll go off of yours for now.

IC post edited for timestamp.
Bastard
If it is possible, please edit your posts. I posted the plan like I did so there wouldn't be any confusion, but it looks like there already is.

1- Kliko inside the gate before security cameras are under control.
2- Where is Felix when he is talking to kliko and ludi? Ludi is in the suv, kliko is opening the gate. Is he joining them there.

Im all for benefit of the doubt, but I cannot tell when you are adlibbing, or just confused.

Be as specific as possible in your post. Being vague is going to lead to confusion on my part and the other players.

Keep the game in order as much as possible, to eliminate confusion. Going back to edit details is okay. If it is important, please note it in the ooc.

I'm sure minor npcing of another character is okay with everyone. Ludi and Corsair are NPCs at this point. Move them along if you need to.

This is why I wrote down the plan for you guys.

Everyone should know when and where to go. If you have to deviate or add something thats great. From this point forward, I am assuming everyone is purposefully deviating from the plan, and that they are not confused.

I will act upon your posts as they are written. Otherwise the game bogs down and we get anarchy (ie someone is shot, spotted, or discovered, and they complain that they meant this our that, but now they have seen my hand). Yes, I know I am a bastard.

Kliko
@Bastard: Note my timestamp (15:something) it should give Jamie about 15 minutes to get the camera's under her control.
Bastard
Got it.

Just dont want everyone all over the place, then when security spots someone, they claim they misunderstood.

We can always go back and edit posts for misunderstandings, but the plan is already posted, so their shouldnt be any confusion.
Bastard
UPDATE - I hope this limits confusion
Green Text has been completed successfully
Blue Text is in process and/or ongoing
Orange Text is due up
Red Text has failed
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Need me to bump forward?
ntwi
Or Jamie to hack the security system, Bubba to take a smoke break etc...
galenbd
I didn't realize you all were waiting for me. I posted IC that she was loggin in. I was waiting for a GM post that she was successful.

I like the color coding of the plan

Galen
Bastard
SNEAK - Are you heading out the Canteen side door, or the warehouse back door? There is no Canteen back door. Edit your last IC accordingly please.

GALEN - Can you give me a rundown of what order you are going to hit the matrix in. That way I can post all the rolls you will have to make in a few posts! We will do our best to expedite things.

spin.gif
ntwi
Points to galenbd for the matrix....

You really do not want the shaman with Gremlins trying to deck smile.gif
Bastard
Sorry... meant Galen rollin.gif ... will edit! wobble.gif
galenbd
Sure,

First I want to create a security account for myself. That should simplify things. I intended to spend one point of Hacking Pool to buy a success. Once I have that account, I should be able to look at cameras and control the elevators without having to roll.

Then I wanted look at the camera feeds to insure no one was going to try to come up on the roof.

After that, I need to blank the camera feed as Kliko and Ludi came in. That probably will require a roll since I suspect the security personnel are authorized to view, not edit. I'll spend Hacking Pool there as well.

I know I need to handle the elevator doors at some point, but we might as well wait to discuss that if the plan actually makes it that far.

Galen
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 25 2011, 11:15 PM) *
SNEAK - Are you heading out the Canteen side door, or the warehouse back door? There is no Canteen back door. Edit your last IC accordingly please.

spin.gif

Fixed. On the map it only showed a side door from the Canteen. I will go with the warehouse door.
Bastard
NTWI (or anyone else who is more familiar with the matrix), some Utilities I have left blank, because I am not sure which ones you will use.

Feel free to make corrections or suggestions to my directions below.

Quick Resolution Decking Rules:

Test: Computer (Decking) Skill Only
Target Number: System Security Value
Hacking Pool (per point): 1 automatic success or automatically suppress 1 piece of IC
System Pool (per point): Negate 1 success by decker, or get 1 auto success for IC

Type of Action - Target Number Determination
Access - Security Value
Search - Security Value
Control - Security Value
Fight - IC Rating (Opposed)
Escape - IC Rating (Opposed)

Modifier - Situation
+2 - Decker lacks appropriate utility
+1 - First alert triggered
+2 - Second alert triggered
+1 per IC - Decker has suppressed IC

Jamie's matrix infiltration:

1 - Log On
Action: Access
System: Orange 4
Target: 3 Successes (4's)
Skill: Decking
Utility: ???

2 - Find Security/Identification Node
Action: Search

3 - Create False User ID
Action: Control

If Successful above, you will only need one success at TN 4 for all of the following. You will also have full control after it is established, if you succeeded in the above:

4 - Cameras

5 - Elevators

If you fail any steps, note it, and reroll. After a certain (ie gm secret) number of failures you will activate certain IC. We will edit those in.

Please do all this in the OoC, then we will transfer it over to the IC.
ntwi
Going off of the System Operations table on pg 163 of Matrix, the actions and relevant utilities would appear to be as follows:

[ Spoiler ]
galenbd
The only utility I lack is Spoof.

Ok, so my login roll did not include enough successes to get in. I'll spend a point of hacking pool to make it in.

Here's my search roll
Again only two successes. Another Hacking Pool point bites the dust

Here's my Validation roll
Two seems to be the magic number. As expected, another Hacking Pool to become successful.

At this point, I assume I have a security account and henceforth I only need one 4.

Here's the Search Roll to find the cameras
As before 2 successes. No need for hacking pool.

Here's the Edit Slave Roll to modify the camera feed.

Most likely the account I have will not allow me to alter camera feed. I'm not sure how many successes I need. I only got one, but it might be enough.

I think I'll stop here to allow the GM to let me know how to proceed.

Galen
Bastard
Continue on, and your account will allow lower your code one level until you trigger something. IE it will act as a Green-4 instead and require only 2 successes.

Dont forget that you have Hacking Pool to buy success, the system has a System Pool (3 for Orange) that acts in the same manner as your Hacking Pool. So I can negate a success of yours, or give an IC an auto success.

Because we are going through this over the forum and not in person, and it takes to long to interject, I feel it is fair if I just use my 3 System Pool to negate 3 of your Hacking Pool all at once, rather than going back and forth, as that is how it will work out. Does this sound fair and does it leave you with any Hacking Pool left?

Remember, that a failure just bumps the system alert one, and does not always send you IC, or trace or burn. In the Quick Resolution I have a list of like 30 steps, so each time you fail, it bumps up to the next. While the first one is something like tighten security, and the last five are more Black IC and system lockdown kind of things. Where the first heavy IC come out though, is for you to find out, if you really want to try.

After the game, remind me and I will give you the list so you can kind of get a better idea of how I was running it.
galenbd
I'm not sure I understand. I only have barely the number of successes I need. If you negate 3 of them, will I still succeed. Do I just need one success to perform the action and 3 to keep from being noticed by security?

My hacking pool is 7. If you negate 3, I will have 4 left of which I have spent 3. That leaves me with one left. Or did you just negate the ones I used causing my security tally to increase?

Galen
Bastard
If I negate your successes with System Pool, then you just repurchase it with more Hacking Pool. Right?

Thus, it can easily be solved by the equation
Hacking Pool - System Pool = True Hacking Pool
7 - 3 = 4

So act like you have 4 HP instead of 7, and it will eliminate the need for me to jump in and say, I use an SP, then you saying, okay, well I use another HP, and me saying, okay, I use another SP, and you saying okay, well I use another HP, and then me saying, okay, I use another SP, and you saying okay, well I use another HP, and me saying, okay, I use another SP, and you saying okay, well I use another HP, and then me saying, okay, I use another SP, and you saying okay, well I use another HP, and me saying, okay, I want some bacon.

I did not eliminate any of your successes, just Hacking Pool. Numbers wise it works out exactly the same, with less hassle.

Your Security Tally has not moved, as you have not made a failure yet.

You need the total amount of success required to both not get noticed by security and successfully perform the task.

The system is an Orange-4 require 3 4's to succeed.

With your false identification you successfully created, you can move about without raising alarm, except in secure locations. You can read files and download anything that is not a secured document. All searches are authorized. Opening or accessing a node or controlling a node will require a roll.

With your false user account, the system will act as a Green-4 (instead of an Orange-4) thus requiring only 2 successes (instead of 3) for actions. Target number remains a 4, so you need 2 4's.

Upon 1 Failure, the system actions will revert back to an Orange-4 for your rolls.
Upon 2 Failures, your account will be marked and you will then have to roll again for everything.

Right now your total Security Tally is still 0.

And I want some bacon still.

Kliko
Are Ludi and Kliko clear to start their infil of the storage area during the service?
Bastard
Kliko -
Yes. Jamie gave you guys the go ahead, though I need a second success to edit the camera footage.

Jamie -
Need one more success to edit camera footage (Blue-4 with your access code as that is considered a secure system). Either reroll and take a Security Tally, or use your last Hacking Pool.

Everyone -
Please follow and stay in order of the Plan (see SPOILER at link).

If you go out of order, than you may be putting your player in harms way.
galenbd
Grrr. I did a retry, thinking surely I could get one more success on the reroll. No such luck.

So I'll use my last Hacking Pool to get this done. After all, personnel are already on the move.

Galen
Bastard
How many failures total? If you corrected it with Hacking Pool, it does not count as a Failure.
galenbd
Two attempts. Neither one rolled enough successes. I corrected the second one with Hacking pool so it was successful.

I think that means only one failure.

Galen
Bastard
Correct.

So you have been in the system for 20-25 minutes before Kliko and Ludi appear? Adjust your timestamps if needed.

We are ready to bump to the infiltration team.
Mister Juan
*Comes out of hibernation, rubs his eyes and stretches*

Is it a sad thing that I missed you guys? biggrin.gif

Life has finally settled down in my neck of the woods, so if you fine folks still have the room for a player.... nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012