Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
Okay. I will have a post up today. Everyone might as well roll Initiative, so it is ready when needed.
ntwi
Felix Initiative
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Whoa! no reason not to play a mage when they can roll intiative like that!

Bubba intiative:

[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
I couldn't walk upstairs through the ward with that initiative, and it requires the "masking" meta-magic to hide the glowing focus on the astral, but yeah it is useful to spend the 15k at chargen or 30k later for that focus.
galenbd
Jamie Initiative

3d6 = 12 + 11 = 23

Galen
Mister Juan
I love the fact that everyone seems to be rolling more initiative dice than one of the combat characters wink.gif

Ludi has a beautiful 9 for initiative score nyahnyah.gif
Kliko
@Bastard: Kliko has 5+2d6, pls roll for me.

Fortunately Ludi'x team leader knows his tactics.
@Bastard: can you use Kliko's small unit tactics to increase Ludi's and Kliko's initiative?
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 29 2011, 09:14 PM) *
I love the fact that everyone seems to be rolling more initiative dice than one of the combat characters wink.gif
Ludi has a beautiful 9 for initiative score nyahnyah.gif

At least you might have surprise!!!

QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 29 2011, 11:44 PM) *
@Bastard: Kliko has 5+2d6, pls roll for me.

Fortunately Ludi'x team leader knows his tactics.
@Bastard: can you use Kliko's small unit tactics to increase Ludi's and Kliko's initiative?

Kliko
Initiative: 11 [5+2d6 (3,3)]

Small Unit Tactics Target - Ludi: 6 [Base Target (LOS with audio) 4, +2 Invisibility]
Small Unit Tactics Target - self: 4

*Every two Successes equal +1 bonus to Initiative.

Small Unit Tactics Roll - Ludi: No Initiative Bonus (6,3,2,2)
Small Unit Tactics Roll - Kliko: +1 Initiative (4,4,3,2)

Kliko's modified Initiative: 12

Corsair's Initiative: 10 [5+1d (5)]

==================================

INITIATIVE
23 Jamie
23 Bubba
20 Felix
12 Kliko
10 Corsair
09 Ludi
galenbd
I have an IC post up. Part of the plan is for me to lock all the security guards out of the door access. I'm not sure what I need to do under the quick resolve rules to find that. I suspect it's a Search test. Here goes.

17, 10, 3, 2, 1, 1

Not too bad.

GAlen
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Jul 30 2011, 06:33 PM) *
I have an IC post up. Part of the plan is for me to lock all the security guards out of the door access. I'm not sure what I need to do under the quick resolve rules to find that. I suspect it's a Search test. Here goes.

17, 10, 3, 2, 1, 1

Not too bad.

GAlen

What door are you locking?
galenbd
At the moment, none. Once our team exits, I want to be able to void all of the security accounts from the door slave node. That should keep anyone from opening non-emergency doors.

Galen
Kliko
I'm back in the civilized (and connected) world
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 31 2011, 12:17 PM) *
I'm back in the civilized (and connected) world

Welcome back!

Just in time for action!
SneakyJoeKDB
Good luck to Ludi and Kliko, three on two. I recommend Felix make his way to the "bathroom" for some support.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 31 2011, 04:59 PM) *
Just in time for action!

Fuck Yeah!

Who is walking in front? Morningstar or the security goons?

If Morningstar, Kliko delays his actions until/after Ludi
SneakyJoeKDB
What meta type are the security goons?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 31 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Who is walking in front? Morningstar or the security goons?

If Morningstar, Kliko delays his actions until/after Ludi

QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 31 2011, 01:58 PM) *
15:42:41 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Elevator Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

The door to the elevator lobby swung open in front of Kliko and Ludi. All the planning and preparing was coming together perfectly. All that was left was to remain patient and strike at the right moment. That, and hope that Felix's magic held.

A half second later and the target crossed the threshold to the small lobby, his two personal guards to follow.

Morningstar, then guards.

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 1 2011, 06:37 AM) *
What meta type are the security goons?

One human, one ork.
Kliko
Ok, Mr Juan, you're up!

(Kliko delays his action)
Mister Juan
I've got a quick question before having Ludi act: how far is Morningstar from her? I'm still a bit confused about the location of everyone, even with the map sarcastic.gif Sorry!
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 1 2011, 01:16 PM) *
I've got a quick question before having Ludi act: how far is Morningstar from her? I'm still a bit confused about the location of everyone, even with the map sarcastic.gif Sorry!

I will draw a closeup map when I get home from work tonight (about 0630 in the am, Pac.

He is just walking in the door and you two I believe are hiding on the first set of the stairs. This gives you additional cover, buts morningstar about 20 feet away from you. I will know for sure when I look at the map.

Initiative has not begun yet. Still pre-init until either you guys strike, our the baddies strike (if they are able to see you first of course).
Bastard
NTWI:
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 9 2011, 12:48 PM) *
LUDI -
TEST: Illusion Spell - Improved Invisibility - Force 4
TARGET: Force (4) (8 Successes)
ATTRIBUTE/SKILL: Intelligence (5)
MODIFIERS: SPELL DEFENSE: +12D - Forget to roll, but it was unneeded.
ROLL: 4,2,2,4,4 Ludi's Willpower Roll
SUCCESSES: 3

NTWI - Do your successes need to be accounted for? Your Spell Defense Pool shouldn't be endless. Doesn't it refresh at the end of every combat round. Thus if Kliko used 12 dice, there would be none left for anyone else, including your drain or Ludi's Defense.
???

Emailing Map.

Ludi and Kliko are at the bottom of the stairs.

(The top part is where you start on the first floor, the lower part is shaded, and ends on the darkest stair leading to the second floor, or turning right, going above the top part two the flight of stairs to the third, and again to the roof.)
Mister Juan
Ludi will wait until Morningstar is within Short Range before leaning out of cover.

Do damages stack up with success with a Dart Pistol, or is it a single damage code? (I know some toxin weapon just do one type of damage and thats it). If it doesn't stack up, she'll probably put 2 darts in Morningstar, for good mesure. If it does stack up, then she'll take one action to aim, and I'll probably have her throw her entire combat pool in.
Kliko
Don't believe they stack up. Its just the toxin (6 Serious if not mistaken).

Kliko activates the jammer in his SUV and is on standby to pick Morningstar up before he drops down.

@Bastard: is hoisting Morningstar up going to be a simple or complex action? I'm thinking of supporting him with Kliko's body holding him up by his belt before dropping a gas grenade at the staircase bottom or prodding the smg into Morningstars side (and create a hostage situation).
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 2 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Don't believe they stack up. Its just the toxin (6 Serious if not mistaken).

Kliko activates the jammer in his SUV and is on standby to pick Morningstar up before he drops down.

@Bastard: is hoisting Morningstar up going to be a simple or complex action? I'm thinking of supporting him with Kliko's body holding him up by his belt before dropping a gas grenade at the staircase bottom or prodding the smg into Morningstars side (and create a hostage situation).

So, basically, Ludi would be better off shooting him twice, since one dart, now matter how many successes, will still remain only a Serious Stun? Right?
SneakyJoeKDB
Hostage a mage? eek.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 2 2011, 04:21 PM) *
Hostage a mage? eek.gif

Well, if Kliko keeps himself out of his LOS... technically, it could work.
Hopefully, Morningstar will have enough Stun damage racked up he'll be unconscious.

@Kliko
Kliko's sidearm doesn't have Gel rounds, now does it?
SneakyJoeKDB
We are all packing gel rounds! Too bad the big oaf is playing seizure boy in the lobby, I think he would have been more useful taking out guards. On a positive note, as long as Felix can slap a spell or two you all should be ok pending you get out of there before the ward alarms are responded to.
Kliko
An unconsciousness mage biggrin.gif

Two times 6S should drop Morningstar just fine or at least take him out of the action.

The sidearm is packing APDS, but thats why he'll be using his SMG if Kliko goes that way.
Besides, it looks more intimidating that way.

Lets see how things work out.
Mister Juan
Alright! I'll post my rolls as soon as I get home from work!
I've never been this nervous about rolling virtual dices nyahnyah.gif

@Bastard
Just for reference, Ludi will wait until Morningstar is well within Short Range (TN 4). She'll then use two Simple Action and shoot him twice.
Mister Juan
Unless there are some modifiers I'm unaware of, this should all be in order

Simple Action 1: Shooting Morningstar with the Dart Pistol
[ Spoiler ]

Simple Action 2: Shooting Morningstar with the Dart Pistol
[ Spoiler ]

3 Darts left
ntwi
Sorry about the delay in responding back to this.
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 2 2011, 11:02 AM) *
LUDI -
TEST: Illusion Spell - Improved Invisibility - Force 4
TARGET: Force (4) (8 Successes)
ATTRIBUTE/SKILL: Intelligence (5)
MODIFIERS: SPELL DEFENSE: +12D - Forget to roll, but it was unneeded.
ROLL: 4,2,2,4,4 Ludi's Willpower Roll
SUCCESSES: 3

NTWI - Do your successes need to be accounted for? Your Spell Defense Pool shouldn't be endless. Doesn't it refresh at the end of every combat round. Thus if Kliko used 12 dice, there would be none left for anyone else, including your drain or Ludi's Defense.

When out of combat and when time does not matter, I have always thought that the rules allow you to abuse spell pool pretty badly given examples like the following:
Turn 1: Kliko and Ludi have their eyes closed. Spell cast on Kliko with full spell pool for successes, drain resisted as normal.
Turn 2: All sorcery and spell pool dice are devoted to spell defense. Kliko opens his eyes and must make resistance test against spell.
Turn 3: Ludi opens her eyes and must make resistance test. Both reclose their eyes after.
Turn 4: Sorcery and Spell Pool revert to casting and second spell is cast using full pool.
Turn 5: Sorcery and Spell Pool return to spell defense. Ludi opens her eyes and makes resistance test.
Turn 6: Kliko opens his eyes and makes resistance test.

Doing it this way takes a full 6 turns (not passes) or 18 seconds and takes advantage of/abuses the rules regarding when resistance tests are made for invisibility but allowed for the best result for the team.

Bastard
Not that it is really needed, but can I get a Quickness Test and Stealth Test from Ludi and Kliko for their surprise attacks. I need a target number base for my NPCs to fail at. The invisibility will be included in the modifier.

Ludi has fired her two shots, what is Kliko doing before Initiative takes affect?

Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 4 2011, 02:31 PM) *
Ludi has fired her two shots, what is Kliko doing before Initiative takes affect?

Stealth-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Quickness-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Kliko readies a pink-marked gas-grenade (pulls the pin) before. He rolls it in the surprise phase (simple action) and grabs Morningstar (simple action), then gets the frag out of there (movement) and into the storage area.
Mister Juan
Stealth
[ Spoiler ]

Quickness
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
I lost the rules for Narcojet darts. Can someone direct me to where they are. I thought they were in Man & Machine, if not the Core.
Kliko
Morningstar takes 6 Deadly stun (oops, misread the damage level...) damage per dart.

Rules are @ mm p.106 (looks like extra succeses do increase effectiveness) and dart guns are @ mm p.116

Narcoject is p.250 of the core book.
(6D stun, speed: immediate, side effects: none)

I guess we geeked the awakened dude first rotfl.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Nicely done! Lets hit the fire alarm now to really make things messy!
Bastard
INITIATIVE
23 Jamie
23 Bubba
20 Felix
18 ORK JERK
13 HUMAN JERK

12 Kliko
10 Corsair
09 Ludi
00 MORNINGSTAR

Everyone state their actions please...

What kind of grenade was that again, Kliko?
ntwi
Felix will circle around the group of people around Bubba so that he is against the Office wall with a better view towards the stairwell doors. Unless something appears to go wrong, Felix will continue to allocate all sorcery and spell pool dice to spell defense. He will keep an active eye on that doorway and the Ork (if he is still outside) while appearing to be another gawker standing around Bubba

- Edited to remove excess options after clarification on the grenade

- Just a reminder that there is a Force 3 Hearth Spirit with orders to conceal Kliko and Ludi and to confuse those who try and harm them.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 5 2011, 10:26 PM) *
What kind of grenade was that again, Kliko?

Plain gas grenade (sr3.283), loaded with neurostun VIII see sr3.250. It should pop at the end of the surprise phase (and before initiative, this should affect the security guards for 6S stun)

If memory serves me right its smokeless, but don't pin me down on this

Kliko's actions are:

Surprise:

Simple: deploy/use grenade
Simple: pick up Morningstar (would have used a Rautek-hold if he didn't fall backwards :-s)
Movement: get the fuck out of the staircase and drag Morningstars sorry ass into the storage area.

Initiative:
Get the fuck out of there with Morningstar in tow. What does Morningstar weight btw? (movement rate drops to half or one quarter of standard), geez, these movement rules suck big time :-s

When Kliko makes it to the Storage area roll door
Simple action: Open the door!
Simple action: Change position (to get off the loading ramp)
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 6 2011, 02:22 AM) *
Kliko's actions are:
Surprise:
Simple: deploy/use grenade
Simple: pick up Morningstar (would have used a Rautek-hold if he didn't fall backwards :-s)
Movement: get the fuck out of the staircase and drag Morningstars sorry ass into the storage area.

I am not sure if you can do all of this in the surprise phase. Once you are in movement down the stairs and trying to pick up Morningstar, the NPC's can react to their comrade falling. They have enough successes to react to that, but not to you (as you are invisible, and around the corner).

Ludi and Kliko don't have masks on and will have to take damage. Do they have some with them?
Kliko
Technically the grenade thing could be viewed as a free action (drop object) during Ludmilla's combat phase.

Taking some damage at a lower level is fine, but the general idea was to be in the storage area with Morningstar before the grenade popped.
What do you want Kliko to roll?

The Neurostun gas is contact vector, so gas-masks won't cut it. Taking a hit and patching yourself up with a stim-patch would smile.gif (yes, we did bring those)
Bastard
Grenade popping at the start of the first round... everyone will take effect, then initiative.

Its not dropped, its thrown, at least underhand, otherwise it will drop on the staircase between you and Ludi... thrown is better anyways... now it will be directly between you and the two guards.

I have always played surprise as one action... move or shoot... No problem here doing both as you are invisible and the two guards couldnt see you yet anyways, but they will react to Morningstar getting hit. Thus they may not be able to see you, but they have time to start reacting toward the stairwell, thus beginning initiative.

How is Kliko grabbing Morningstar. Cradle drag, Bridal carry, Fireman carry...? You will be picking up the package at the end of your turn, and I need a Strength test (target dependent on carry style) Morningstar is a big man.

When do you want the grenade to pop? At start of initiative? or the end of phase 1? You said you readied it so I thought you were cooking it, per my house rules.

See my 1st post for Grenade House Rules. If you have your thread in LINEAR view it should be the first post on every page. I have stated this hundreds of times throughout the thread, so everyone should be aware. If you are not aware, and dont have LINEAR view on, you can click the handy dandy linky in my signature.

Need you to roll Throw, then Scatter 1d6. If you are cooking the grenade, it will pop on impact, scatter, spreading the smoke. If you are just throwing it, it will scatter, then pop at the start of the end of the first phase.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 7 2011, 07:25 PM) *
How is Kliko grabbing Morningstar. Cradle drag, Bridal carry, Fireman carry...? You will be picking up the package at the end of your turn, and I need a Strength test (target dependent on carry style) Morningstar is a big man.

If possible Kliko would like to slap his arms around Morningstars torso (and grabbing his belt at the back for some grip) before he drops to the floor (because lifting the damn man will cost a lot of effort and it provides him with a nice meat shield ... ehm... cover). If not possible (and since Morningstar is falling backwards), Kliko will just grab him by both ankles and drag Morningstar into the storage area.
Reaction-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Strenth-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Just throwing, no cooking. With readying I meant getting the grenade from his webbing and holding it in his hands, pulling the pin.
I want it to go off once Kliko and Ludmilla find themselves in the relative safety of the storage area. The fuse should allow for some 4-5 seconds time to do this. I guess this is during Kliko's next combat phase or at the end of the turn. This is ultimately your call. Neurostun gas is a nice weapon, but it can bite you in the back so to speak. Thats a risk we have to take/accept.

Throw-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Scatter-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Body-test:
[ Spoiler ]
galenbd
I think I forgot to post Jamie's actions here. She was going to Observe in Detail this round and perform a Search test so she can lock the on the side of the stairs. Since those come from the stairs, she may not be able to do that. That's why I'm trying to find out which doors I can and cannot lock.

Galen
SneakyJoeKDB
On Bubba's turn he will continue to convulse and twitch but he will add one more component to the mix.

Ready??

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Ludi + Felix's Spell Defense
Defend 3 Successes 5S Stun Ball Damage (10,8,7,3,3)

Kliko + Felix's Spell Defense
0 Successes against from Stun Ball (5,5,3,3,1)
Defend 2 Successes against 5D Stun Bolt Damage (14,11,7,4,2)

+ I made a small add on to my last IC post, so we know where Kliko is at this point.

INITIATIVE
23 Jamie - matrix - held action to lock doors
23 Bubba - lobby - distraction, seizure
20 Felix - spell defense for Ludi and Kliko
18 ORK JERK - moved
13 HUMAN JERK - moved

12 Kliko
10 Corsair
09 Ludi
00 MORNINGSTAR
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Aug 8 2011, 06:10 PM) *
On Bubba's turn he will continue to convulse and twitch but he will add one more component to the mix.

Ready??

[ Spoiler ]

At least he won't show his under whitey's...

@ntwi: How many spell defense die do you want to roll for Ludi and Kliko respectively? (and pls make those rolls) The player providing spell defense allocates these dice.

Then Juan and I can roll our relevant attribute (willpower).
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 10 2011, 11:22 AM) *
At least he won't show his under whitey's...

@ntwi: How many spell defense die do you want to roll for Ludi and Kliko respectively? (and pls make those rolls) The player providing spell defense allocates these dice.

Then Juan and I can roll our relevant attribute (willpower).

That is why I highlighted him in green on the Initiative list. grinbig.gif Hopefully he will see it. I did forget to add Kliko to it... but I just edited it now.
ntwi
All right, spell defense time:

6 defense (3 sorcery, 2 spell pool) vs Force 5 Stun Ball:

6 defense (3 sorcery, 2 spell pool) vs Force 5 Stun Bolt:

As far as I can tell, the background count and sustained spells do not change the TN's for spell defense, giving me 3 successes against each spell which should block all effects from these. However you may want to hit both of these guys hard as thats all of the spell defense for the turn, not just for this pass.

On a side note, I'm presuming they centered the stun ball beyond Ludi and Kliko so as to avoid hitting Morningstar or themselves in the 5-6m radius.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012