Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
Hehe, grabbing the entire computer is soooo Kliko biggrin.gif

Edit: Sent El Bastardo Kliko's expenditures.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 23 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Hehe, grabbing the entire computer is soooo Kliko biggrin.gif

I am glad I got him down. I tried to capture the essence of your characters while keeping it short. Hopefully I did not take too many liberties with them. I wanted to also give some closure to the mission leading into the flash forward to keep the continuety of the overall campaign. Again, I tried to keep it short. I know my ICs can be overly long sometimes, though not like mister juan's! grinbig.gif

QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 23 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Edit: Sent El Bastardo Kliko's expenditures.

I had the weapons and equipment, and some other notes, and then added some costs for fuel/travel, then rounded off the number. Take the whole 23000 nuyen.gif.

I will have a bump forward OoC that will give you more cash for missions ran between MHM and the next run. Minus lifestyle costs of course.

I got my notes organized, and will be starting a recruitment thread this week. I am thinking of over populating the team, so dropouts can become redshirts. This should clue you in on the lethality of the next mission.

Fuck. My ICs may not contend with mj's, but my OoCs are uncontested.
Kliko
Let us know what we make from milk-runs in between.
Kliko would prefer to train with any crew before committing to runs (just to establish SOP).
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Who said they are milk runs? I am skipping you guys over half the campaign. The new guys will be new to the team. Possible return of Knuckle Duster (jaruen) and V (bak0n).

This next mission is going to he lethal. Dropouts will possibly get Sugar'ed if the player does not notify me of their leave.
Kliko
Rock and Roll!
ntwi
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 23 2012, 09:35 AM) *
I will have a bump forward OoC that will give you more cash for missions ran between MHM and the next run. Minus lifestyle costs of course.

For those of us who advance based off karma more than nuyen, are you going to slip us a little more karma as well or just nuyen? (Foci and spells both cost karma to bond/learn, so aside from mundane gear there's not much for Felix to purchase that doesn't eat up karma as well. Or should I just enjoy a high lifestyle and a new car instead?)
Bastard
I give out large karma awards already. It's just we don't ever complete a run.

This next mission should be karma filled, plus foci also cost money.

And besides, everyone would benefit more from karma than money.
Kliko
We didn't use cash for karma right?
ntwi
No problem, my train of thought was derailed anyways. I'll get you the updates and such for Felix later today (real life permitting)
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 24 2012, 04:48 AM) *
We didn't use cash for karma right?

No cash for karma, no karma for cash
Kliko
Thats ok, lets start recruiting.

I will probaply shift some expenses from lifestyles to acquire some of those IPE Grenades from the Cannon Companion.
Bastard
Yup. Will have the R4 thread up soon.

I have to advance you guys some more still. grinbig.gif

That means more money and other rewards. grinbig.gif
Kliko
Thats good, because I will need to buy Kliko one of these as well.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 23 2012, 08:35 AM) *
Fuck. My ICs may not contend with mj's, but my OoCs are uncontested.

You just made me all warm and fuzzy everywhere wink.gif Yes, EVERYWHERE.

Anyways, on another note, I've updated Ludi character sheet. I need to figure out where that karma goes and what she's going to do with all those nuyens she has stacked up.

I'll get something up soon. I've got 2 weeks off from school starting this friday, so I'll be able to swamp you with my prose nyahnyah.gif

And while I'm here, anybody got any suggestions as to what to do with Ludi's 60 grand? I also got us an ID Forger contact, since we always seem to need those.

Mister Juan
I can't seem to find my SR3ed book so..... what's the rating multiplier to calculate the costs of active skills and knowledge?

And why oh why is the ruthenium suit so ridiculously expensive in SR3 ! RAAAAAAA
ntwi
Active Skills
<= Attribute 1.5x
> Attribute 2x
> 2x Attribute 2.5x

Specialization (All)
<= Attribute 0.5x
> Attribute 1x
> 2x Attribute 1.5x

Knowledge Skills
<= Attribute 1x
> Attribute 1.5x
> 2x Attribute 2
Mister Juan
QUOTE (ntwi @ Sep 25 2012, 11:47 AM) *
Active Skills
<= Attribute 1.5x
> Attribute 2x
> 2x Attribute 2.5x

Specialization (All)
<= Attribute 0.5x
> Attribute 1x
> 2x Attribute 1.5x

Knowledge Skills
<= Attribute 1x
> Attribute 1.5x
> 2x Attribute 2

Thanks a whole bunch. You come up to my neck of the woods, there's a pint with your name on it.
Kliko
@ Juan:
[ Spoiler ]
Use the NSRCG, thats what it is there for.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 25 2012, 11:28 AM) *
@ Juan:
[ Spoiler ]
Use the NSRCG, thats what it is there for.

Knowsoft Link, Internal Trasnducer, Improved Lifestyle and Jumping out of airplanes is already in the bag wink.gif
Mister Juan
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
Bastard
I got more money and bonuses coming.

No karma though.
Mister Juan
Well then, in that case, I'll have Ludi sit on her nuyens wink.gif
Bastard
Do you all have a team name yet?

Kliko's Angels?

Ludi's Bastards?

Felix and his Invisible Friends?

Radek's Bitches?
Kliko
California Dream Team?

But Ludi's Bastards has a certain ring to it.
Bastard
Kliko - If you want to write up the meet go for it. You can describe the Salamander any way you want. It was your character's choice. I envisioned an expensive restaurant that caters to the underworld - well off runners, the yakuza, etc. If you are too busy at this point, I can do this.

Kliko, Mister J, and NTWI - Who ever wants to IC the info relay can do so.

Mister J and NTWI - You guys will be hiring the new runners in the Recruitment IC. I will have this up soon, though we will need to find some OoC's applicants first. I will try to have that up on Monday.

When the Recruitment threads go up, I will have them linked in Post #1, like everything else. If you set your forum option display to linear the #1 post is always the first post on every page. Or you can use the link in my signature to go there. How awesome is that? Very.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 27 2012, 02:22 PM) *
California Dream Team?

But Ludi's Bastards has a certain ring to it.

Bastard's Bastards?
Bastard
In case this was missed due to my double (now triple) post, and the second starting a new page.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 27 2012, 02:39 PM) *
Kliko - If you want to write up the meet go for it. You can describe the Salamander any way you want. It was your character's choice. I envisioned an expensive restaurant that caters to the underworld - well off runners, the yakuza, etc. If you are too busy at this point, I can do this.

Kliko, Mister J, and NTWI - Who ever wants to IC the info relay can do so.

Mister J and NTWI - You guys will be hiring the new runners in the Recruitment IC. I will have this up soon, though we will need to find some OoC's applicants first. I will try to have that up on Monday.

When the Recruitment threads go up, I will have them linked in Post #1, like everything else. If you set your forum option display to linear the #1 post is always the first post on every page. Or you can use the link in my signature to go there. How awesome is that? Very.

Mister Juan
For the record, half of the post I just posted was written a few years back by Grendel (another user here on dumpshock). I've always like the dream sequence he wrote for Ludi, and I've been trying to find a moment to use it. It seemed like an appropriate way to get back into the story wink.gif
Bastard
Ntwi - I had Felix and Ludi doing hiring, and only Kliko at the meet. However, you wrote Felix into the meet. Did you not see my OoC post that specified this? I even quoted it so it would be on the current page.

Though the two events are not happening simultaneously, I separated them so I can run them at the same time, and not have Kliko slow it down, since he stated he would be busy for the next month.

If you want to be in both, I guess that's fine, but your role is more important in the recruitment.

Please check the OoC before posting in the IC. I have been leaving notes there for players and characters, and they seem to get ignored or missed often. Is there anything I can do to make them more clear?
ntwi
Sorry about that, I had been reading it like Radek was bringing the new blood (which was odd if we were going to be doing the hiring). I'll get that edited and fixed. I read the OOC all the time, I guess I was just in a mental rut of most of the team being at the meet, whether for security/paranoia concerns or what have you. Its also the selected individuals vs a team or runners mindset as well, giving individuals the appearance of being able to say yes or no to a specific job. I'm sure in the past 6 months of runs together there would have been conversations over this so it's not a problem.

Having only a single person there will certainly make it easier to manage and streamline the process for PBP however, so it makes alot of sense here.
Bastard
No problem.

I did it that way so I can move both parts of the story at the same time.
Bastard
Recruitment 4 Thread
Kliko
I'll write up the meet with Radek this evening. You want us to hire the new characters through Jaxx or can we us other fixer/dealer contacts as well?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 1 2012, 09:48 PM) *
I'll write up the meet with Radek this evening. You want us to hire the new characters through Jaxx or can we us other fixer/dealer contacts as well?

Go through Jaxx, he is a free contact to all players.

Or, as stated in the IC, Radek can also get you runners (through their fixers).
Kliko
@Bastard: Can you update us on the interim jobs we did April-October? Then we cana djust our other equipment purchases and lifestyles accordingly.
Bastard
Hey Kliko, I had you at the meet alone and Felix and Ludi recruiting IC (though so far there is little interest, when each time before I got a lot of interest), this way I could keep both stories moving at the same time, at two different speeds, then bring them together.

=============================================================

I am going over your character sheets still, making sure I am not giving you things you don't need.

Bastard
Summer Rewards

ALL
250,000 nuyen.gif minus Lifestyle costs x6 (May, June, July, August, September, October)
1 E&F Point (save or use)
10 Points worth of Knowledge Skills that are "character building" only
aka non-game advantageous (check with me if in doubt)
max 4 on one Skill
10 points total, not karma build
One new Rating 2 Active Skill

KLIKO
Level 1 Contact - Fixer - Radek
+1 Leadership Base Skill
+1 Etiquette Base Skill

FELIX
Spell - Treat - Rating 4

LUDI
Etiquette Specialization - Bluff/Lie - Rating 4

Mister Juan
Isn't Negotiation/Fast Talk used to lie?

EDIT: And just so you all know, Ludi now has the "Cartoons" knowledge skills with the "Saturday Morning Shows" specialization.
Mister Juan
Wait up: does this mean I can now have my Ruthenium Coated Hardened Military Grade Armor?! biggrin.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 2 2012, 06:03 PM) *
Isn't Negotiation/Fast Talk used to lie?

Did not see that, so I will have to give you something else

QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 2 2012, 06:55 PM) *
Wait up: does this mean I can now have my Ruthenium Coated Hardened Military Grade Armor?! biggrin.gif

Umm... no. Not unless you want super duper mages. With the same armor. Riding dragons. Great dragons.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 2 2012, 10:51 PM) *
Umm... no. Not unless you want super duper mages. With the same armor. Riding dragons. Great dragons.
A burst of APDS will fix that just nicely...
[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 2 2012, 09:47 PM) *
Summer Rewards

FELIX
Spell - Treat - Rating 4

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this just about duplicates the Heal spell that he just learned. If you were going to add a spell to his arsenal, there are three that he has the formulas for but has not spent the karma to learn. Or if the shorter casting time for Treat may be important, leave it at that.
Mister Juan
We are such a bunch of assholes wink.gif
Mister Juan
Kliko & Felix:
What do you guys think: should I have Ludi invest in some SOTA Armor or a ruthenium sneak suit? I know we have Felix and his be all end all invisibility spell but I feel bad for the guy having to sustain the spell all the time and getting the crap drained out of him.

Bastard:
So, I take it military grade hardened armor is out of the question? And yes, I'm serious on this one nyahnyah.gif And no, I will not make it turn invisible because that's too much like cheating.
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 3 2012, 01:10 PM) *
Bastard:
So, I take it military grade hardened armor is out of the question? And yes, I'm serious on this one nyahnyah.gif And no, I will not make it turn invisible because that's too much like cheating.
Well, its a 24/1 month availability item... (but you can reduce the target number by increasing waiting time).
[ Spoiler ]

That being said I would invest in surveillance equipment like transmitting dataline taps or in tactical communications gear. Kliko owns a number of sets of BattleTac ready comm-units. He doesn't own the required receiver or master-unit for example. Sneak suits are fine as are high-level maglock passkeys. These can save you a lot of time when under pressure.

Mister Juan
Those passkeys are ridiculously expensive sarcastic.gif 30 000 per rating if I remember correctly. Considering we already have all the gear to just go through the reader itself.... Altought I'll admit that passkeys take a lot less time and are a little more subtle than a gutted out reader just hanging off the wall.

Since we're going "decker-less" now, I think we can forfeit the dataline taps.

I'm with you on the comm gear tho. I think Ludi currently has a broadcast encryption unit rating 5, which should be enough to keep our lines secure. Depending on how much Bastard sticks to the rules, the only "real" issue I could see cropping up is maximum range. Ludi can run the encryption module straight off her datajack, so all communication can be bounced through her if need be. A bit dangerous if she gets taken out, but if that happens, the shit probably is already so much on secured line of comms won't be an issue wink.gif

What I love about the ruthenium suits is that they add directly to the TN for spotting someone. You have a R10 sneak suit and you roll a one, that's already a TN 11 to spot! The only thing that sucks, and you've mentioned it, is that FFBA is capped at 4/1. I could go with a ruthenium cloak and wear armor under instead, but Ludi would dislike the "bulk" on a pure RP basis.

@Bastard:
One more question for you: can a combat vest and a backpack be covered with ruthenium?
Kliko
Kliko communication's kit includes:
[ Spoiler ]
We should be in the clear as far as communications go.
ntwi
Ah, so we do have a full set of secured comms (checks that off my list)

I would encourage a ruthenium poncho, drapes over everything nicely, harder to hand-to-hand or such in though. Having invisibility that will not glow brightly on the astral is encouraged and something Felix will be purchasing as well (most likely).

[Edit] It still gives 1/2 the bonus against thermographic and other sensors if I'm reading it right (M&M pg 114 "...dwarfs and trolls, ultrasound using characters and vehicle sensors reduce the target number modifier of the Ruthenium by half, rounding down"), so you can still get a +6 for a maxed out system if I'm reading it correctly. Of course a maxxed out system costs ~170k iirc.
Kliko
Ruthenium polymers ain't that ok.
You're still visible for people equipped with thermographic or ultrasound sight... and there are other ways to defeat ultrasound sensors (Kliko carries an ultrasound emitter/detector for just that)

I'm thinking of to keep at least some of the payments as working capital for our next run.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 2 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Summer Rewards

ALL
10 points total, not karma build
One new Rating 2 Active Skill

Does de 10 points total refer to the knowledge skill karma or regular karma, but not for karma pool?
Can we take specializations as well (like 1/3 instead of base rating 2)?

I see Kliko going for Interest Skills: Seedy Ork Bars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012