Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
Poor fragger. I just ran out of trauma patches back at the lodge... ork.gif (and they're friggin expensive!, Kliko is a nice guy, but not nuyen.gif 2.000 nice!) Kliko does have a basic medkit with him which should enable him to stabilize the poor guard. The tranq-patch is just there to make for a comfortable ride.

I figure either Duster, RG, Relentless or V can drive the truck. If none of them have the driving skill Kliko does
[ Spoiler ]
(but one of the other will have to ride along in the back).
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 11 2009, 02:51 PM) *
Poor fragger. I just ran out of trauma patches back at the lodge... ork.gif (and they're friggin expensive!, Kliko is a nice guy, but not nuyen.gif 2.000 nice!)
rotfl.gif

Do to the result of you Biotech Test, Kliko believes using a tranq patch may be more hazardous than helpful... thus saving him a few nuyen.gif .

Once mounted, you can continue your medical care with an additional biotech roll, but for now there is nothing to do.

Looks like you are the most advanced driver... yes, at a 2! rotfl.gif While driving is considered a basic skill everyone has, this is driving down steep incline, on icy roads, during snowfall (which could turn into a white out), at night, while you guys are tired, and the possibility of combat situations. So... you can choose who drives. The physad (Duster) has the highest reaction.
Kliko
Frag that! Duster can ride along in the back. Kliko drives. Happy team he can basically drive on his digital overlay... Should be freaky for the other team members though... If Kliko drives he won't make another biotech-check until they arrive at Bunny Flats.

I will try and get an IC up before going to bed.
Bastard
You know... no one ever takes a car skill. It would be really helpful here. grinbig.gif
Kliko
I figured I'd get some. It would be just stupid to drive around in a Land Rover and not have the 'Car' skill...

Beside with Skills as your 'priority A' at chargen you have to do something with those skill-points right?

-EDIT-
Ah well, if Duster thinks he's up to it there's no reason to presume he isn't
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 12 2009, 01:28 PM) *
I figured I'd get some. It would be just stupid to drive around in a Land Rover and not have the 'Car' skill...

That is one of those skills that I assume everyone can do. Drive a car. However, when you try to do a power slide, or back a trailer, etc., you might want to have the skill before you make some not so shiny dents in your, or someone else's, ride. grinbig.gif

Okay... I will have an IC up shortly... and edit this post if any rolls are needed and there are no other OoCs.
SneakyJoeKDB
IC up... not too much to say really!
Kliko
Edited my IC somewhat. Lets get the frag out of there!
Bastard
I am going to bump the story up quite a bit...

It will be a bit, I have to find my notes. blarg. indifferent.gif

EDIT - Posted a shorter IC, if you guys need to make any posts. I have the other half ready to bring you to 2000 on Monday night. I will add that in a while.
Kliko
I'm heading of to bed, so no time for an IC.

Kliko visits a coffin motel just be sure (shake tails and catch some sleep) before returning to his general shop (secondary low lifestyle), cleaning his kit and return home to his family by Sunday evening 23-24-ish.
Bastard
NEW GUYS READY?

I will probably be bringing you in next week, if not this weekend.

EDITED the IC again!

Using [color=yellow][font="Lucida Console"] for texts
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 14 2009, 06:31 PM) *
NEW GUYS READY?

I will probably be bringing you in next week, if not this weekend.

Using [color=yellow][font="Lucida Console"] for texts

Good to hear.
Always ready.
Bastard
Mister... is your character "Ludi" or "Sugar"?
Mister Juan
Ludi.
SneakyJoeKDB
Hi Mister Juan, welcome aboard!

And Bastard love the texting in the IC rotfl.gif
Bastard
Glad you approve grinbig.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jul 14 2009, 11:20 PM) *
Hi Mister Juan, welcome aboard!

Thanks a whole bunch! I have to admit, you've given me more than a few laughs along the way wink.gif
Bubba is just.... wow....
Kliko
he is a brute I tell you, A BRUTE! grinbig.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Well I hope you have been entertained. He is not the most ideal character to do a run with, but he is good for some laughs!
Kliko
@Bastard: James is Kliko's level 1 Private Investigator contact. Best be prepared and check out our Johnson
Bastard
QUOTE (Bubba)
...a bunch of cheap cologne on which seemed to meld with his natural stink into something even more potent.
rotfl.gif
QUOTE (Bubba)
...grabbing his sole grease stained tie and attempted to put it on... eventually he got it on, but it looked no better then what a five year old could do.
notworthy.gif
Bastard
I am going to bump the IC.
Kliko
Ok, I'm back in the civilized world again (been hiking in the middle of nowhere and succesfully completed the 24 peak challenge! : http://www.24peaks.co.uk/ in 23 hours and 49 minutes eek.gif !!!)

I will try and get an IC-up this evening.
Bastard
Sweet... didn't want your character to have all the mountaineering fun?
Kliko
Nope, I attempted the challenge back in 2007 and failed it. This was my revanche of sorts cool.gif

The real issue (as with the skiing topic) is that RL- and character experiences rarely mix well (allthough I must say that if you keep on drinking, eating, regulating your body temperature and breathing it is very much a doable event).
Bastard
Well. I got the eating and the drinking part down. smokin.gif
Bastard
Roll negotiations Kliko.
Kliko
Negotiations(Bargaining)-check:
[ Spoiler ]

From the IC it looks like we're not getting anywhere with our J frown.gif
Bastard
Probably not... just wanted some dice for a little adjustment to his attitude smile.gif
Kliko
Major pitfall for most players. They usually forget their characters sitting at a table opposite to a professional negotiator... aka their Johnson...
Bastard
And most players get annoyed. grinbig.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Yes and it was wise to not bring Bubba into the room... although it would have been good for some laughs!
Kliko
I'm not annoyed, just greedy! rotfl.gif

I try and post later this evening. Time to wrap things up so Bubba can slot his BTL's
blindfox
Sugar is RedCon 1 at this time.

sorry for my delays, the situation here is... fluid.
cant wait to play, but i have to warn you: ive never played by post before but i'll try not to muck it up twirl.gif

by the way, the name's mike smile.gif
Bastard
No prob Blindfox... should be brought in within the next 5 or 6 posts.
Kliko
@Bastard: I'm unsure whether Radek stays for dinner or not (due to the timestamp in your post). Speaks for itself we're not staying at the Excelsior any longer than required without Radek around...
Bastard
He is leaving. He has paid for your dinner.

Figured you can call Jaxx from there and handle him sending out the calls for new teammates while you guys enjoy a well earned dinner. And sneak Bubba in the back door. smile.gif
Kliko
Lets not upset the waitress...
[ Spoiler ]
will put an IC up this evening. Could we get a rep sheet on our new player's characters?

This way we can meta-game ork.gif our way through the selection process with Jaxx and perhaps Kliko's dealer contact (for ex-Merc/Mil characters). We'd also know what kind of talent we need to outsource on a run-to-run basis.
Bastard
Hey noobs - post an OoC quick character detail... I will transfer that into an IC post from Jaxx.

Oh - and if I didnt tell you guys, add Jaxx (Jake Jackson), Fixer, as a contact at no charge.
Kliko
Primary - and secondary archetype roles would suffice for me. I've got some good ideas for teambuilding rotfl.gif too.
[ Spoiler ]

Bastard, could you notify us when we can spend some cred on equipment?
Bastard
Scratch that Mister and Blind.

Instead of posting that information in the OoC, send it to my mailbox.
Mister Juan
PM sent.
Bastard
Got it Mr.
SneakyJoeKDB
JAXX was already my contact Monkey Nuts!

and...

I will donate uno!
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jul 28 2009, 11:19 AM) *
JAXX was already my contact Monkey Nuts!
Jerkstore, that was a message to the new guys.

QUOTE (Kliko)
He needs a team to run his jobs for a six month period.
Actually, Radek never set a time limit. He said he would have some jobs in about six months. The money was kind of an incentive to hold you guys on his payroll, and give some extra nu, so you wont take too risky, or too many other jobs.

I have nothing to post IC yet. Kliko and Bubba seem to be doing fine on their own. You should be able to hire the new guys through Jaxx, since they also have him as a contact.

You can spend money now. Just assume any gained equipment wont be in your inventory for a few days.
Kliko
APDS is very much high on the list of equipment to obtain. For that type of ammo you have to be able/willing to wait for months until a shipment comes by. Once you get some, keep the edge... I will route the request through Kliko's dealer contact. I figure he only trades wholesale quantities anyway beret.gif ...
blindfox
PM sent
SneakyJoeKDB
@ Kliko's IC

"I can't have you chasing around car parks with some underwear on your head in search of a not so fresh donut supply allright. In fact I can't have you sneaking around with the underwear on your head at all."

rotfl.gif
blindfox
heya, im in transit and might not be able to get to the posting for a couple days. if i can find myself a connection in kuwait i'll probably have the time to do so, but not so likely once im over the atlantic nyahnyah.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
What are you doing in Kuwait?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012