Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
SneakyJoeKDB
Initimidation check through the door,

[ Spoiler ]

Reroll two dice using two Karma pool (Minor Use)

[ Spoiler ]

Wasted... Owell!
Kliko
@Sneaky: Easy on the karma-chummer. Remember it's a full team-pool now and we got a long week in the Amazonian jungle ahead of us.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 26 2010, 06:33 PM) *
@Sneaky: Easy on the karma-chummer. Remember it's a full team-pool now and we got a long week in the Amazonian jungle ahead of us.

Yeah, but minor use refreshes after this boat ordeal. According to my calculations Bubba contributed 6 karma pool. If that includes 10/1 earnings ratio.
Bastard
I thought it was a total of 6 Karma Pool between the three of you, but I do not have access to my hard drive right now, as it looks like my PC's motherboard is kaput.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 23 2009, 07:35 PM) *
Sorry Sneaky... go ahead and post.

I edited my last IC post so that everyone has arrived at the War Room.

Karma Pools

Bubba - 3
Duster - 3
Kliko - 2

Team - 3

Remember... team karma pool refreshes ever encounter, individual pool refreshes every adventure.

@Sneaky: You're damn right! This was the situation before the Shasta-run, so I gather karma only went up from here on.
SneakyJoeKDB
From the above breakdown Bubba gave two to the team and had three of his own. That was before the mission was over. So if we earned 30+ Karma for Shasta, Bubba would have contributed three more bringing Bubba's contribution to eight for current mission.
Bastard
Thanks Kliko, I will have to go and update the Karma Pool when I get my main computer back. Or if you could each let me know how much Karma Pool each of you have now.

I lump it all into the Team Karma, so that you guys can use it together as needed and so one person who may need to use it more than the rest for one mission.

One more thing - is Kliko on the roof of the bridge, or is he on the deck where the machine gun was? Is he tapping on the glass while lying down on the roof, or while standing in front of it?
SneakyJoeKDB
Sorry to hear about your computer. Make my brother put in a new mother board and save all your data. biggrin.gif
Bastard
Jason is going to pick up my motherboard today, he said he can test it. He said there is a slight possibility that it may not be completely dead, and just needs to be reset.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 27 2010, 09:19 AM) *
One more thing - is Kliko on the roof of the bridge, or is he on the deck where the machine gun was? Is he tapping on the glass while lying down on the roof, or while standing in front of it?
The foredeck on the pictures is not so big and evolves in what looks like the roof of a cabin (the white stuff in front of the bridge house). Kliko moves across that roof, checks for the guard that was knocked overboard and taps the bridge window from the starboard-side while standing in full view, helmet on, visor down for that extra professional touch.
Bastard
Okay, just making sure, Kliko. That is what I thought you meant. wobble.gif
Kliko
The pink-marked ones are the gas-grenades wink.gif

We are really to kind on these security goons. I wonder whether we can do a quick fix to troll-mod that machine-gun they have on front. I fear we might need it somewhere in the near future.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba is planning to pick the machine gun up since you made him leave his other at home. Bubba is not waiting for a grenade unless Ludi can toss it to him. On second thought he's going in.

Cyber Shotguns

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Well the rolls were damn crappy, but laser sight and aiming should make the target numbers 2. So first shot 5 successes and second shot 5 successes as well. At 8S -APDS rounds.

Perception Check for Ludi's Grenade Toss
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics Check to Catch
[ Spoiler ]

El Basterdo will need to dictate the outcome. Dice bot not so friendly today. And I realized Bubba could up his Athletics with some Karma to a 6 with relative ease, in fact it is a natural 1 his bonus brings it to 4. Had the Karma and everything, too bad I didn’t do it before mission.
Kliko
Why do I have a faint sense of Deja Vu? We should spend some nuyen and equip Bubba with these grenades...
SneakyJoeKDB
Yeah my thoughts as well. I think the dice bot knows I am rolling to catch a grenade.
Mister Juan
I find it hilarious that Bubba pretty much has the "Can't catch flying objects" flaw wink.gif
Kliko
Let's not get ahead of ourselves and await Bastard's call. Afterall Bubba has some long-arms (+1 reach, -1 tn) which should just make the difference
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba was going in with or without the grenade anyway.
Bastard
rotfl.gif @ last 6 OoCs.

Since Bubba was trying to catch a grenade, but decided to go in with shotguns anyways, and Ludi tossed him the grenade... I decided there was only one way to resolve. Hope you enjoyed.

Bubba did not catch it, because his roll was too low considering he wanted to blast the door so badly.

FYI - the grenade is close by and Bubba can easily pick it up. The door handle is obliterated, and that section of the door looks pretty damaged.
Kliko
Come on Sneaky, we're waiting for you! Kick some whoop ass!

@Bastard: Any boathooks around?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ May 1 2010, 05:38 AM) *
Come on Sneaky, we're waiting for you! Kick some whoop ass!
Yeah... hurry up. I never take this long.

QUOTE (Kliko @ May 1 2010, 05:38 AM) *
@Bastard: Any boathooks around?
Is that where you hang up your boat to dry? Maybe at a dry dock or something?

In that case, yes there is one. And there are also big white donuts! The floating kind, not the Bubba-feed kind.
Kliko
No, it's more like this You use them assist with mooring operations or in this case hook it into someones webbing and pick them up(at the back of the cruiser). They also make for very nice improvised polearms...
Bastard
Yes I know. I was making a joke, boat hook, coat hook, where you hang your boat up to dry, at a dry dock.

and yes there is one.... it is along the wall with the life rings/floatie donuts.
Kliko
Figured as much from the timestamp nyahnyah.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Sorry guys, I am in Canada, again, for the week. Will post when I can.
Bastard
Take off, eh.
Kliko
What are you doing in Canada? Work-related stuffs?
SneakyJoeKDB
Yeah, for work. Short story, I am an accountant for Barrick Gold and have been assigned the unfortunate task of transitioning accounting functions from Canada to the US. It is unfortunate for the people who will no longer have jobs in CAD.

I will post tonight when I get to the hotel.
Bastard
Sometimes I forget how superhuman shadowrunners are. Check out knasser's WWSD pictorial reference.

Here is his thread.

Patiently awaiting Bubba's actions...
Kliko
Yeah, our runner-characters can actually do stuff like that cool.gif Though to be honest cool stuff like all that cosmetic (and not so cosmetic) bioware is very pricey to install later on frown.gif

Figures I was becoming bored and looked into improving Kliko somewhat. I wasn't into bioware that much until I found the Chloroplast skin and Clean metabolism warez. Aren't they just great!
SneakyJoeKDB
I am back. I had a whole post typed up in Canada and it died as either the forums were down when I tried to post it or it didnt like the connection I had from the hotel. Anyhow, things are very busy for me so I will give you a quick summary of Bubba's moves.

Bubba will pick up the grenade and open the door slightly, just enough to toss the grenade inside. He will yell as he does so, "Eat grenade Fruit Cake!" He will then barge in once the grenade hits the ground or something ready to smash any living thing inside the cabin. So in short he is not priming the grenade he will use it as a distraction so that the guard will either duck and cover or go after it.

Feel free to make rolls for me and update the IC as necessary. My time is very limited lately.
Kliko
@Bastard: You pick this up? Saves us a lot of waiting for dice rolls wink.gif
Bastard
I will pick it up... but who ever said the door would open?

I will have a post up tonight!
Kliko
Have Bubba make a strength check... it will open spin.gif
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
I thought I would get a post up last night, but my wife was working on homework and my computer is still in intensive care.

I am however reading over the last few posts and getting a new one prepped, while I watch my Penguins get slaughtered in Game 7. mad.gif Damn Canadiens just scored again! Dammit! mad.gif
Kliko
Blame Keith grinbig.gif

Is it ok for Bubba to wait for a <click> (reload) before bursting in?
Bastard
He probably was their rooting for the Habs, the bastard.

Kliko can tell Bubba to wait for a <click>.
Kliko
Of course Kliko can!, but he's got good hopes regarding Bubba's intellect and will pick up the floating mariner.
SneakyJoeKDB
Yo guys! I have a few minutes. Thanks for narrating Bubba; he will burst in the door once the shooting stops. Can he see the target on the other side of the door with his thermo vision? That would make the smashing real easy once he goes inside.

Anyhow perception check for when Bubba goes in:

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

Smash
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Thermographic vision does not penetrate through walls. However, the door while not Swiss cheese, is getting a little blessed.

You guys ready for me to advance then? Nothing to add from Ludi or Kliko? Kliko is standing by or hooking the floater? Ludi is tieing up the boat?
Kliko
No further actions, Kliko is hooking and pulling the floating mariner to the cruiser's aft for an easy pick-up. That should keep him occupied for a few more combat turns.
SneakyJoeKDB
Move it along please!
Mister Juan
Nothing else from Ludi... although she will take 2 seconds to check and make sure that their package is still breathing wink.gif
Bastard
Sorry for the delay. We had an emergency shutdown at my work and I spent all day running around opening and closing big ass valves, starting and stopping pumps and compressors, trying not to explode my unit. Then yesterday and today I spent all day prepping equipment for repairs. Needless to say, I have been exhausted. However, it is good to know that I am now working on the next post. Hooray!
Kliko
Kliko will provide first aid to the Proteus crew using the cruiser's own medkit once the autonav is activated. Nothing fancy, just to make sure they'll live.
[ Spoiler ]

The Jazz will wear out in 10 more minutes doing:
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
That post had me laughing good. Kliko I noticed we didnt specify what we did with the guards? Are they tied up, searched etc.? It may be a good idea to throw them in the skiff destroy the engine and let them drift. I am sure one of them has a cell phone who can call for help at some point. Unless you are planning to take them into the jungle?
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ May 19 2010, 10:02 AM) *
That post had me laughing good. Kliko I noticed we didnt specify what we did with the guards? Are they tied up, searched etc.? It may be a good idea to throw them in the skiff destroy the engine and let them drift. I am sure one of them has a cell phone who can call for help at some point. Unless you are planning to take them into the jungle?

I found it kind of irrelevant for story purposes. Kliko gathered them in the cruiser's cabin before providing limited first aid. Speaks for itself that he patted them down and all weapons and such are gathered at the bridge. I''ll mail you all a drawing of what course Kliko plans to take. At some point he'll have the cruiser set on autopilot for Cayenne and we'll hop back in the skiff, and sneak our way back along the coast (lot more similar vessels there) and up the Kourou river. The cruiser is ultimately to big (and noticeable) for where we are going (up small jungle creeks).
SneakyJoeKDB
That and it likely has some kind of tracking signal.
Kliko
Put some faith in Ludi wink.gif
Bastard
Okay, feel free to post along in the IC.

Got your travel plan/image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012