Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 20 2011, 09:08 AM) *
The Data Havens is like Shadowland and is considered a contact. You were unsuccessful in locating it. This will be very difficult to locate with random searches.

I was hoping to get into Hacker House. I guess I'll have to spend quite a lot of time to find it. Then the next question is:

Can I purchase a smart search frame legally? Will I be able to use it with Search Operations without leaving tracks?

It might be better for me to code it myself.

Bastard
Anything else I have missed???

Here is my agenda:
+Bubba and JJ interaction over smuggling weapons (Sneaky writing IC or skip?)
+Ludi's other shopping lists from Miklos (Contacts still have not gotten back to her in IC)
+Jamie's shopping list (galen can write the IC for anything legally purchased... need contact to acquire anything under the table or black market)
+Felix and Mr Crunchbite - Is there anything going on here?
+Corsair - anyone got shit for him to do?
+Get chargen to Sphynx, and also create my own character - which will be Hawk, I believe

I haven't received any updated character sheets since the last mission people. Do you still have your excel format character dossiers? Need updated copies. Please name file as "Character-Dumpshock ID-Name-Date" so mine would be saved as "Hawk-bastard-Aaron-10.20.11." Thanks... this really helps me keep track, as my notes are all over the place (the IC, the OoC, emails, PMs, facebook messages, my pc and hand written notes scattered around my computer room!).

Is there anything else that still needs resolving? And do you need my IC or OoC input?
Kliko
Corsair can do recon together with Kliko I guess. If he has an extra data- or hitcherjack ports Kliko could even "ride" along with Corsair.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 20 2011, 06:21 AM) *
I was hoping to get into Hacker House. I guess I'll have to spend quite a lot of time to find it. Then the next question is:

Can I purchase a smart search frame legally? Will I be able to use it with Search Operations without leaving tracks?

It might be better for me to code it myself.

I dont remember what Hacker House is. Do you have the Matrix sourcebook with the legalities of items, or at least the info on the smart search? Not sure what it is either.
galenbd
Hacker House is in Target Matrix, p. 66. I've been looking for legality codes for utilities and haven't found them.
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 20 2011, 10:33 AM) *
+Jamie's shopping list (galen can write the IC for anything legally purchased... need contact to acquire anything under the table or black market)

How far forward are we going? it's 9 am now? Do I have all day before the first run kicks off? I have some search tests to do as well.

Kliko
I think you got the better half of a week until the gear is delivered and the Recon half-complete
galenbd
Search test

@Bastard How long will this search take?
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 20 2011, 09:48 AM) *
How far forward are we going? it's 9 am now? Do I have all day before the first run kicks off? I have some search tests to do as well.

QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 20 2011, 09:53 AM) *
I think you got the better half of a week until the gear is delivered and the Recon half-complete

Correct, sir.

QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 20 2011, 10:10 AM) *
Search test

@Bastard How long will this search take?

For everything with Availability Always, it does not take long, and any software can be downloaded from M|Net. Any hardware can be picked up at your local electronics store for basics, computer or large electronics for major/custom parts.

Anything outside of that, you need a contact. You can search for illegal download sites, too, but that isn't the best idea.
ntwi
Sorry I haven't posted anything for a bit, life got pretty busy for a while.

It looks like Felix will be busy doing the recon for the next week or so instead of learning Magic Fingers according to the current plan. That being said, he'll let Mr Crunch know that he'll just pick up all the formulas when he's back in CA next, and not to bother encrypting one for transmission.

I'll try to write out an IC for him tonight regarding the planning of the recons, (three locations to watch, what are the priorities) and if not tonight it will certainly be up tomorrow.
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 20 2011, 06:51 PM) *
For everything with Availability Always, it does not take long, and any software can be downloaded from M|Net. Any hardware can be picked up at your local electronics store for basics, computer or large electronics for major/custom parts.

Anything outside of that, you need a contact. You can search for illegal download sites, too, but that isn't the best idea.

I'm sorry I was not clear. The search test above is a link. That search is to see if the sites have open employment options we can interview for. It's not for finding the equipment she wants.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 20 2011, 06:35 PM) *
I'm sorry I was not clear. The search test above is a link. That search is to see if the sites have open employment options we can interview for. It's not for finding the equipment she wants.

Sorry. You were clear. However, my mind wasn't.

There are no job listings in papers, online services (monster, craigslist, etc).

However, Jamie finds the Careers link on the AzCorp webpage. (This is AzCorp for the whole corporation, not the financial building).

Post all the information as you would a resume.

Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Oct 20 2011, 03:23 PM) *
Sorry I haven't posted anything for a bit, life got pretty busy for a while.

It looks like Felix will be busy doing the recon for the next week or so instead of learning Magic Fingers according to the current plan. That being said, he'll let Mr Crunch know that he'll just pick up all the formulas when he's back in CA next, and not to bother encrypting one for transmission.

I'll try to write out an IC for him tonight regarding the planning of the recons, (three locations to watch, what are the priorities) and if not tonight it will certainly be up tomorrow.

Thanks.
galenbd
Time of first search x 2 = 2 hours

Jamie is unsatisfied with her result and tries a more detailed search

Search Test
Standard Search trying to find jobs for these sites
Base TN : 5
Base time : 2d6 x 2 = 10 hours

Dumb Frame : -1
Database contact : -2
Low Profile : +2

Final TN : 4

Again I will spend the full time searching and use all the successes on results.
SneakyJoeKDB
IC up. What will the cost be for JJ to get Bubba's two HMGs to us? I will send you my updated character today.

And if I screwed something up let me know.
Kliko
@Bastard: Shall I highlight some of the stuff Kliko and Corsair will be looking for during their surveillance in the Google doc?

That way I can wrap-up most of the recon of the outer perimeter in one IC-post.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 24 2011, 10:28 AM) *
IC up. What will the cost be for JJ to get Bubba's two HMGs to us? I will send you my updated character today.

And if I screwed something up let me know.

It is probably going to cost a lot, just to ship two weapons. Probably cheaper to buy new ones in Denver. You could fence them after the job for some cash back.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 24 2011, 12:03 PM) *
@Bastard: Shall I highlight some of the stuff Kliko and Corsair will be looking for during their surveillance in the Google doc?

That way I can wrap-up most of the recon of the outer perimeter in one IC-post.

Yeah... and CC it here.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 23 2011, 02:49 AM) *
Time of first search x 2 = 2 hours

Jamie is unsatisfied with her result and tries a more detailed search

Search Test
Standard Search trying to find jobs for these sites
Base time : 2d6 x 2 = 10 hours

Final TN : 4

Again I will spend the full time searching and use all the successes on results.

Jamie does not find any job advertisements in local online news papers, job websites, community sites, etc.

Mister Juan
Sorry I've gone quiet. School is keeping me really busy.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 24 2011, 03:46 PM) *
Sorry I've gone quiet. School is keeping me really busy.

You haven't missed anything, yet
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 24 2011, 05:39 PM) *
It is probably going to cost a lot, just to ship two weapons. Probably cheaper to buy new ones in Denver. You could fence them after the job for some cash back.

Need the cost so I can IC it some more or think about paying the nuyen.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 25 2011, 11:54 AM) *
Need the cost so I can IC it some more or think about paying the nuyen.

Okay. He will call back with the cost later. For now he tells Bubba he will look into it and get back to him with the prices.
Bastard
Any more updated character sheets?

Just Bubba so far...

Waiting on me to bump?

Or are you guys waiting on me to answer a question to bump?
Kliko
I'll send you the updated sheet tonight CET.

I haven't gotten around to update the google doc with items of interest for the drone recon.
Will do so this weekend.

Cheers, Kliko
galenbd
Sorry, I suspect y'all were waiting on my legwork. Yesterday was rough.

Jamie's got some coding to do between the legwork and go time. She'll crash now and start coding in the morning.

Evaluate utility
Rating : 1
Language : MatComDev
Design size : 2 Mp
Base Time : 2 Mp * 8 hours = 16 hours

Target Number : 1 +2 (no design) -2 (2x Memory) +1 (MatComDev) -1(Aptitude) = 1

Programming Suite : 5,5,4 = 1 success here.

Computer (Programming) : 5,4,4,4,2,1 = 5 successes.

16 hours / 6 successes = 2.7 hours

I'll be done with this by 14:00 Sun, 9 Apr 2062.
ntwi
@Bastard I'll get the updated char sheet to you when I get back to my desktop tonight.

I'm in the midst of finally getting my IC written up and posted. Hopefully another day or so of recon and we, the players, can start crafting more detailed plans for how this will work.
Bastard
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 22 2011, 08:31 PM) *
Sorry. You were clear. However, my mind wasn't.

There are no job listings in papers, online services (monster, craigslist, etc).

However, Jamie finds the Careers link on the AzCorp webpage. (This is AzCorp for the whole corporation, not the financial building).

Post all the information as you would a resume.

Did you miss this, galen?
galenbd
I didn't miss it, but it seems I misunderstood it. I'll try to post an adjustment tomorrow. Might be late in the day.
galenbd
Adjusted. Sorry for the delay.
Bastard
No problem.
Bastard
Waiting on me for anything? Updating my files with your new character sheets... and updating my "Karma File."

I talked to Jaruen a few days ago, and he will be rejoining us at some point in the future. He has been dealing with some RL stuff, but he is all squared away now.

KLIKO - Jaruen will be making a new character to replace Knuckle Duster. That will be a lot of characters in the next run. I will probably just assist the gming if that is the case.
galenbd
I'm waiting on IC with Kliko. After that, I have some coding I want to do while I wait for everyone else's heavy weapons to arrive.

Kliko
Got some rl stuff to deal with tonight. Will try to get a post up.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 1 2011, 06:06 AM) *
I'm waiting on IC with Kliko. After that, I have some coding I want to do while I wait for everyone else's heavy weapons to arrive.

NTWI is going to handle any actual matrix runs still right? I just have to send him the difficulty of the servers and security.
galenbd
As far as I am aware that is true. That will not matter for these coding tasks, but it will for later.
ntwi
Yeah, I'll run the Matrix runs for Galen.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Nov 2 2011, 10:13 AM) *
Yeah, I'll run the Matrix runs for Galen.

I will start organizing my notes for you.
Bastard
Do you guys want me to bump it forward? How far? What recon are you doing in that time? That will give me an idea where to jump to.
galenbd
Kliko and I are reconsidering the infiltration plan. I know he's busy, so it might be a slow reevaluation.

I'm ok to move ahead. I just want to be sure to spend time coding.

ntwi
I was planning on spending a day observing the warehouse astrally before shifting to focus on the corp office for ~2 days followed by the research facility. I've been a little swamped by helping others get their projects done at school. (the bane of being known as the guy who can always knows what to do and how to fix it. How they found out I had a HAM radio license and therefor could sort out the seven different FRS radios they use and make them work I don't know. Of course they now have .pdf manuals for the radios and the common channels sorted out between the different models)
Kliko
Ok, here goes a week of physical (drone) surveillance with Corsair and Kliko.
They spent two days at each mark focussing on physical security at the sites. Trying to catch a shift change if possible.

I will add these questions two the google doc here.

But first some rolls:

Intelligence (perception):
[ Spoiler ]

Security procedures (complementary skill):
[ Spoiler ]

Stealth (complementary skill):
[ Spoiler ]

-EDIT-
Ok, made a lot of additions to the google doc. Mainly on General building layout, response times, security contractors, physical security, type of locks?

That kind of work. Lets move things forward. From my part I'm willing to compromise on planning and go ahead for some more gung-ho style op.
galenbd
Looking at the document, I'll use Matrix Legwork to try to find out if any of the facilities use a local security company.

Let's start with a Data Havens roll to see if I can get the TN reduction from appropriate database/data haven contact.
4,2,1 - Not so good this time.

Search Test
Standard Search looking for who responds to security calls at these three facilities
Base time : 2d6 x 2 = 7 x 2 = 14 hours

Final TN : 4, maybe 6

I will spend the full time searching and use all the successes on results though I may not have gotten any.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 9 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Let's start with a Data Havens roll to see if I can get the TN reduction from appropriate database/data haven contact

Data Havens is like a contact, like Shadowlands.

Just because you are in Denver, does not mean you have access to the Data Havens, or know of its location.
Bastard
Go ahead and bump up to Tuesday morning, and tell me what recon you have done.

Bubba - JJ informs you Sunday morning that he can get your equipment on a transport truck for 2 grand on next Friday, it should arrive Saturday in the UCAS sector if you want.

Kliko and Corsair - Your recon has been updated on the Google Document for the shipping warehouse as if you sat on it through Monday night.

Jamie - Some of your legwork has been updated on the Google Document. You can make a matrix run against the Shipping company if you like. I will email ntwi the information needed.

What else do I need to answer by this time?
galenbd
I have the Data Havens knowledge skill. What does that do?
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 9 2011, 01:05 PM) *
I have the Data Havens knowledge skill. What does that do?

Did you just add that?
galenbd
No, I've had it since the beginning. It's also listed as a knowledge skill for the sample character, Combat Decker.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 9 2011, 01:32 PM) *
No, I've had it since the beginning. It's also listed as a knowledge skill for the sample character, Combat Decker.

Ohhhhhh....

You know there are more than one Data Haven right? But THE Data Haven is the Denver Data Haven.

I just emailed my notes for the warehouse to ntwi, so he can matrix run that with you.
galenbd
Yes, I know about the Denver Data Haven. I am not attempting to use that as a contact. I assume that there are a huge number of sites hosting data of various types.

There might be one hosting shipping identification that can be used to expedite transfer of goods from ocean to land through a port
There might be one tracking Urban Brawl player statistics to support fantasy Urban Brawl leagues.
There might be one advertising local security firms in the Denver area.

I have been trying to use the Data Havens knowledge skill to try and find an appropriate data haven for the search I'm about to run. Not to try and find the Denver Data Haven. If you don't think the way I'm trying to use the skill is valid, I'll desist.

@nwti Do you want to try that Matrix run via IM or post or email? I can make time Saturday or Sunday night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012