Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
You are looking at a double black diamond course, and defaulting from skiing to athletics or quickness. Multiple tests will have to be succeeded.

You could always have everyone pile on Bubba like a sled.
Kliko
Well, that would be hilarious. We'll have to take our chances down the Green Butte. Its probaply easier evading spirits and security then descending down Avalanch Gulch.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba would be down for that... I imagine the sledding would end quickly and we would have one giant snowball by the end.
Kliko
No doubt Bubba would be in for that. Unfortunately the resulting avalanche would get us all killed eek.gif

-EDIT-
Avalanches are just not to be messed with, no matter how cybered up your character is.
Bastard
Green Butte is the main road now. See posts 77 and 345.

You can always hike down a trail then see how it looks later.

QUOTE (sneaky)
Bubba would be down for that... I imagine the sledding would end quickly and we would have one giant snowball by the end.
Yes, cartoon growing snowball effect included! rotfl.gif

Unfortunately you guys are the Coyote, and not the Roadrunner in this cartoon!
Kliko
IC-post is up. This way we have a nice compromise. Avalanch Gulch is to dangerous. And the main road probaply being watched. The route through Sargents Ridge and along Shastarama looks like the right kind of way to go. Feel free to move us forward in time you Bastard! biggrin.gif
Bastard
Yes, Kliko, there is a build up of snow along side the road from where they have plowed it to keep it drivable.

---------

Make athletics or quickness test (+2) player choice

Make a stealth test, hiding.
Kliko
Good, I took the liberty of presuming as much. Feel free to wait for Sneaky's post or continue the IC.

Athletics-check:
[ Spoiler ]

Stealth-check:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 3 2009, 02:37 PM) *
I gues my own teammembers lost me...
Should not have disconnected your rope grinbig.gif

Will update IC after I get a roll from Sneaky ... and an IC if he wants to post.
SneakyJoeKDB
Athletics

[ Spoiler ]

Stealth

[ Spoiler ]

No IC needed.... Bubba is just there...
Bastard
I rolled perception for you guys to overhear and see what was in the IC. If you want to make any other observations, add another perception roll.
Kliko
Nah, I'm fine. Kliko is gonna stay put and hope they won't see him. The thermal dampening probaply takes some time to fire up and the over-whites should provide some good cover.

Now what if they found his safety rope grinbig.gif ?
SneakyJoeKDB
Sure!

Perception

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Updated the IC with an edit to my last post.
Kliko
Bastard,

Any opportunity to sneak upon the nearest security guard (the leader of these two?), put the silenced Ultrapower in his neck and tell Jonas to call of the astral search or his boss gets it? (I guess I'm getting overconfident with Kliko's mad sneaking skills)

The alternative really depends on V and that would be kind of lame on our behalf... (depending on GM characters to get us out of a tight spot).

Bastard
You cannot see the target from your standpoint. You are down the slope a couple feet, plus about one-two feet of snowbank.

You can try and sneak up and get a better look, of course.
SneakyJoeKDB
Well Bubba is ready for so some smash time... SO what do I need to roll for sneaking? I am assuming an athletics followed by a stealth. Is combat pool usable here?
Bastard
Athletics to climb,
Stealth to do it quietly
(will includ looking over the snow bank if successful. If failed, roll a second time for your head poking up)

Perception

Combat Pool available for Athletics and first Stealth Test

Off to work, be home tomorrow!

Kliko
Athletics-check:
[ Spoiler ]

Stealth-check:
[ Spoiler ]

Perception-check:
[ Spoiler ]

We clear to make our IC presuming succes?
Bastard
I presume that is Team Karma that you used.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 23 2009, 02:44 PM) *
You can donate up to half of your Karma Pool. Team refreshes every encounter, Individual refreshes at the end of the adventure.

Yes... successes everywhere!

You spot the first guy staring off down the road (a 90 degree angle from you). He is almost directly in front of Kliko, and a few steps to your left (downhill).

The second guy is still in the vehicle.
SneakyJoeKDB
Athletics
[ Spoiler ]

Stealth +4 Combat Pool
[ Spoiler ]

Perception
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
Team karma sounds like a plan.

I won't be able to put up a solid IC-post until tomorrow. Feel free to post ahead presuming below or be patient smokin.gif

QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 7 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Bastard,

Any opportunity to sneak upon the nearest security guard (the leader of these two?), put the silenced Ultrapower in his neck and tell Jonas to call of the astral search or his boss gets it? (I guess I'm getting overconfident with Kliko's mad sneaking skills)

The alternative really depends on V and that would be kind of lame on our behalf... (depending on GM characters to get us out of a tight spot).
SneakyJoeKDB
I assume another stealth test + 2 combat pool

[ Spoiler ]

I will edit my IC post as you grant me the information regarding my rolls.
Kliko
Final stealth-check for sneaking up the guard:
[ Spoiler ]

I don't intend to maneuver myself between the vehicle and security guard. Best not get run over by a zealotous driver.

Bastard
Sneaky - Who are you sneaking up on, and how. The truck is parked just forward of your position, ie, you poke your head up over the snowbank and are looking directly at its rear quarter panel. There is one guy in there, in the passenger seat, leaning over the center console.

Kliko - if you were to head strait ahead over the snowbank, you would have the front of the truck 30 feet to your right, and the other guard just to your left.

And - are you guys moving at the same time? or is someone moving first?
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 9 2009, 07:50 AM) *
Sneaky - Who are you sneaking up on, and how. The truck is parked just forward of your position, ie, you poke your head up over the snowbank and are looking directly at its rear quarter panel. There is one guy in there, in the passenger seat, leaning over the center console.

Kliko - if you were to head strait ahead over the snowbank, you would have the front of the truck 30 feet to your right, and the other guard just to your left.

And - are you guys moving at the same time? or is someone moving first?

Ok I was waiting for more description from you so that I could describe what Bubba is doing more clearly. This helps. Bubba is going for the the radio guard "Jonas". Hoping that by the time Bubba rips Jonas out of the vehicle and away from the radio that when the other guard looks back to see what happens Kliko will have jumped him.

Since it is dark and there is an engine running sneaking up shouldnt be too difficult especially if the outside security guard is looking down the road. Bubba will attempt to move around the back of the vehicle staying as low as possible, as to hide behind the vehicle, and move towards the passenger seat. Then the party will start!

And we are not sure how much information has been transferred via the radio either. It would be helpful to know if the full astral search request was called for.

I will re-edit my IC post.
Kliko
Movement to cross the snowbank is probaply simultaneous. Since the guard is only a few feet away and facing down the direction of the road Kliko attempts to approach him from the side. Kliko tries to prevent he comes in a position between the guard and the jeep/truck.

Basically Kliko wants his target to tell Jonas to report there is nothing out there by radio before Bubba pulls Jonas out of the truck. I presume there is no way the entire team fits inside the truck. So we probaply split-up and continue our hike downhill with Bubba, Duster, Kliko and our two newly found hostages/friends.
SneakyJoeKDB
Well as long as we are talking about a truck... I am sure everyone can fit; some of the team will have to ride in the bed.

I assume I need to make an unarmed combat to grapple? Since this was a surprise is there a target modifier reduction?

Unarmed:
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
Let the Bastard be the judge of that. Bubba is a giant afterall! eek.gif
Bastard
Here, this should help:

CODE
<--- down the mountain toward Sergeant Ridge split

============================western snowbank=======

<--truck         Jonas (radio jerk)
         outside jerk                     _____________________  
                                    /         |        |  _______  |
                                        |      |   X   |  _______  |
                 X                       |      |       |  _______  |
                                       |      |        |  _______  |
                                    \_____|_____|_________|

<- 10 meters ->

===========================eastern snowbank=========

K                                                    B                          

(Kliko)                                          (Bubba)  

rest of the team -->
Bastard
FUCKING DUMPSHOCK!!!! Keeps fucking up my fucking picture!!!

EDIT-

check your email
Bastard
Bubba has further to go, so Kliko's actions will take place first.

Bubba - make a stealth test to move around the vehicle and to the passenger door. Make a quickness test vs target cause you have to open the door to get to him. Then make your unarmed combat test to grapple him, and a strength test to pull him from the vehicle.

Kliko - make a stealth test to avoid detection from your target. Make a second stealth test to avoid detection from the radio guard in the truck. Roll your attack.

You are looking at a truck somewhat similar to this: Utility Truck; with a plow hook up, somewhat like this: Plow ;though not as nice
SneakyJoeKDB
Stealth
[ Spoiler ]

Quickness
[ Spoiler ]

Reroll Quickness using 1 team Karma
[ Spoiler ]

Unarmed
[ Spoiler ]

Strength
[ Spoiler ]

-Looks like we can pile in the back of the truck if we need to.
Kliko
First stealth-check:
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jul 9 2009, 12:44 AM) *
Final stealth-check for sneaking up the guard:
[ Spoiler ]

I don't intend to maneuver myself between the vehicle and security guard. Best not get run over by a zealotous driver.

Second stealth-check:
[ Spoiler ]

Kliko isn't going to attack the guard. Rather intimidating him into report back to base all is fine, nothing to see here (blablabla), otherwise we might raise suspicion back at the Lodge. If he as much as twitches from Wired Reflexes or some other trick Kliko pulls the trigger (presume delayed action). The gun is still loaded with gel rounds, not as if that really matters at this distance.

[ Spoiler ]

I imagine Bubba and Kliko riding in the back. But it should be doable. Better take the guards boots and provide them with a shovel (in order for them to create some shelter)
SneakyJoeKDB
Question:

How far did Jonas get on his radio call? This would be important for us to know?
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Jul 9 2009, 12:54 PM) *
-Looks like we can pile in the back of the truck if we need to.

Yeah, no shit. I think you threw him completely off the mountain.

QUOTE (sneaky)
How far did Jonas get on his radio call? This would be important for us to know?

This will be in my next IC... I have to head to work and it is going to be a big IC, especially since Kliko noticed a "twitch."
Kliko
Ah, well... I shoot him in the face! cyber.gif

Note the heavy pistol is silenced.
Bastard
Hey Klik, can you edit your time stamp on your last post... it should be after my second time stamp on the previous post (05:46:30).
Kliko
Alas, I told him not to move wobble.gif
Bastard
exactly... thats why he has egg ... err... gel on his face.
SneakyJoeKDB
Intimidate +2 Combat Pool - I presume you factor in the surprise, giant, gun barrel, and the potty rotfl.gif ?
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
@Bubba, priceless rotfl.gif . I will delay my post until after Bastard's
Bastard
How exactly to you stare violently? rotfl.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
You ever watch the UFC fights? Before they throw down they stare violently at eachother...
Bastard
eek.gif Like this? I always thought they were constipated.
SneakyJoeKDB
Well I could edit my IC post to say he "constipatedly stares" at Jonas? That way we both understand the picture. silly.gif
Kliko
Yeah! time for good cop bad cop.

@Bastard I couldn't fit it in my IC despription but presume Kliko put his security helmet back on, visor down. (I imagine them being somewhat like the Marathon security helmets from Halo 3: http://www.johnwallin.net/bilder/marathon.jpg)
Bastard
Bleep bloop. grinbig.gif
Kliko
Nah, those closed of helmets are a bitch when you're sporting tusks ork.gif

-EDIT-
Perception-check (to remove comm-units, weapons etc.):
[ Spoiler ]

Biotech-check (to search for hidden spurs, hand razors):
[ Spoiler ]

Biotech-check (first aid):
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Who is going to drive if you are both in the back?

Your biotech skill is successful and you realize a tranq patch might not be the best idea, but a trama patch over the heart is called for. The man's breathing is shallow and his pulse is thready. That, and he is very unconscious and will certainly be concussed upon awakening, and therefore, not much of a threat.

You can edit your post and bump ahead 2 minutes to loading him in the truck. You can also post in the IC where all the NPCs go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012