Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
SneakyJoeKDB
Aaron,

Can we look up the Arkology on the matrix and search for tours? This should be very basic and general. Does the facility allow for tourists or any type of visitation?
Bastard
You find no scheduled tours to the Arkoblock itself, and outside visitors are rarely allowed on site.

However, if you recall, there is a city tour of all the Space Museums in Kourou.
SneakyJoeKDB
So where is the hang up? Not much activity in the IC?
Kliko
Not sure, I figured I'd give Blindfox and Mr Juan a chance to react. Otherwise I will post an IC later tonight so we can move things forward.
Bastard
I thought you guys were planning in the IC?

I can bump it tomorrow in the morning when I get home from work if you got your plan ready.
Kliko
Yeah well. I guess we had some consensus in the OC and I expected the others to react on the IC planning, but I guess rl-issues got in their way or something. I'm not sure. We still need Ludi(through one of the local fixers) to get us that skiff.
Bastard
And Josh is MIA again also.
Kliko
Hmmm... comes to wonder. Why don't we just slap him with the personafix on the morning jog and take the morning launch from the arkology?

-EDIT-
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 15 2009, 12:23 PM) *
"I GOTS SHOTGUNS", yells Bubba as he quickly hops into the front passenger seat of the van. "Lets go check out dis Gala dude and grab some authentic donuts on the ways."
lol
SneakyJoeKDB
What does a personafix do? Maybe Bala can hook us up with some fake badges or at least have a way to get us in? I say we contact him first.

What did you think of Bubba's reading material on the plane? silly.gif
Kliko
A personafix is like a BTL-chip which gives you specific personality traits (or even overwriting your personality completely). It's, amongst others, used for deep undercover ops to stay 'in-character'. Or for your average wage-slave to make him feel HE-MAN! during the weekends, depending on the specific chip of course.

If memory serves me right we went for the rookie mercenary archetype.

-EDIT-
In case french (from the linguasoft) is not your forte, just revert to Google translator cool.gif
blindfox
yeah, RL intrudes. i'd wanted to do something about sugar being uncomfortable and excited about being on such a fancy plane, but c'est la vie, right?

i was wondering if we got enough chips to share or if someone could pass some sugar's way. i got 60Mps of headware memory to store it in. and can mapsofts be shared or otherwise used in conjunction with battletac and orientation systems? that is to say, as long as kliko (who i assume is our master battletac controller) chipped the mapsoft can he share the maps over battletac?
SneakyJoeKDB
How many employees work in the Arkology? who has the security contract?
Kliko
Kliko downloads the softs (27 MP per linguasoft) into his headware memory, so the chips are available for Sugar and/or Ludi

@Blindfox: Kliko only has a Battletac cyberlink (allowing for nice visual overlays). We don't have a master-unit (which could run the data processing by itself). That's really something to invest in somewhere in the future. The Roaming Gnome who was with us at the Shasta-run owned the master-unit. Just share the chip and Kliko will download the mapsofts into his headware memory.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 15 2009, 03:24 PM) *
How many employees work in the Arkology? who has the security contract?

This information is not specified on the Proteus website, but it does refer to thousands of people at the Arkoblock, which could be the employees, their families, contractors, etc.

There is no mention of a security contract.

QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 12 2009, 01:08 PM) *
Bubba then pulls the book over his face and his colleagues notice the title "Of Mice and Men."
Can we pet da wabbits George?
SneakyJoeKDB
Are there wabbits in the Arkology?
Bastard
The could possibly be a pet store in their living quarters/ business center
Kliko
I talked to Jaruen. He would read up again, but we have to respect he has some other obligations right now. We really need to get Juan back posting again (hope I didn't mess up the french). Afterall Ludi arranged for the local fixers...
Mister Juan
Ludi is going to call the two contacts she has.
She'll ask them both the same exact questions:
She's looking to get her hands on 4 items, as fast as possible
-a skiff (to rent, borrow, buy, whatever is availible)
-a grapplegun
-a harness (to fit the target)
-how ever much rope Kliko thinks they need
SneakyJoeKDB
@ Juan,

It would be a good idea to include fishing poles and tackling equipment. We could at least pose as fishermen while we are on the open waters. Also we should see if Bala can get some employee badges?
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 20 2009, 11:15 AM) *
@ Juan,

It would be a good idea to include fishing poles and tackling equipment. We could at least pose as fishermen while we are on the open waters. Also we should see if Bala can get some employee badges?
@Sneaky: We'll be trying to keep a low-profile/exposure. For example we're going to tell Bala that we'll be hunting the deep jungle for some kind of rare orchid. We'll tell her we need the boat for transportation and the grapple gun to climb into high trees. Sure it's bullshit, but at least it's better then getting sold out to corpsec.

If Bubba wants to kill some time fishing near the arkology that's fine with Kliko, just don't expect the team to pay for the Bubba's fishing kit.
SneakyJoeKDB
Well Bala was the contact given to us from the Smith to get us what we need to do the job. I am not too worried if Bala knows a little. For the record, Bubba doesn't care one way or another about fishing, but if we are out on the waters and we happen to come across a police or coast guard type unit we better be able to justify our actions especially if they spot us near the Arkology. So I would include proper fishing licenses as part of the fishing equipment request or pick the licenses and equipment up somewhere. For likely less than 200 nuyen we can add some additional risk management to the operation.

Right now it sounds like we are banking on apprehending employees of the arkology as they come to shore, which, according to the description, rarely happens. Our time is short and we need to get access; I suggest we utilize every resource instead of playing a guessing game. I would rather take the risk of Bala black mailing us then hoping an employee comes to shore. Also, I bet we can get some dirt on Bala if we need to have some collateral.

Also if we are lucky enough to get the jump on a couple of employees, we then have to hold them captive, or they will likely report a lost ID card which could further complicate the matter. I think stealing ID cards would be the second route to take. My first choice is to get fake ones if we have the option.

I understand shadowrunners must always be suspcious, but at the same time the suspicion can hinder the progress.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 20 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Well Bala was the contact given to us from the Smith to get us what we need to do the job. I am not too worried if Bala knows a little. For the record, Bubba doesn't care one way or another about fishing, but if we are out on the waters and we happen to come across a police or coast guard type unit we better be able to justify our actions especially if they spot us near the Arkology. So I would include proper fishing licenses as part of the fishing equipment request or pick the licenses and equipment up somewhere. For likely less than 200 nuyen we can add some additional risk management to the operation.

Right now it sounds like we are banking on apprehending employees of the arkology as they come to shore, which, according to the description, rarely happens. Our time is short and we need to get access; I suggest we utilize every resource instead of playing a guessing game. I would rather take the risk of Bala black mailing us then hoping an employee comes to shore. Also, I bet we can get some dirt on Bala if we need to have some collateral.

Also if we are lucky enough to get the jump on a couple of employees, we then have to hold them captive, or they will likely report a lost ID card which could further complicate the matter. I think stealing ID cards would be the second route to take. My first choice is to get fake ones if we have the option.

I understand shadowrunners must always be suspcious, but at the same time the suspicion can hinder the progress.

Bala is actually a reference that Miron, Ludi's fixer, gave Smith. Miron also gave Ludi the number for a second fixer, if need be.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 20 2009, 08:45 PM) *
Bala is actually a reference that Miron, Ludi's fixer, gave Smith. Miron also gave Ludi the number for a second fixer, if need be.

Still... isnt that what fixers do? Get us the things you are not supposed to have?
Kliko
@Sneaky: Let's see what we find when we recon the motor launch. I guess we all want to prevent that we have to scale those cliffs (oh my, wouldn't we just love to have a Mage cast levitate on us right now, or have a shaman summoning a spirit who can carry us up there).

@Bastard: Is the meet set at the Kourou-docks or Cayenne docks? Otherwise I'll make a post getting us to the safehouse Smith set us up with first (and change clothes, re-fresh somewhat, that kind of stuff).
Bastard
Sorry Kliko... missed your post.

Cayenne docks.
blindfox
hey, guys. my responses are gonna be spotty and concise for a little bit. my internet is shut off at home and im checking the board while im at work. i'll try to post when i can but this is RL trying to stifle my fun, so please bear with me while i sort it out. smile.gif
Bastard
OK... I bumped the IC board past your meets with contacts so you guys have everything you need. Hopefully we can get this thing rolling again.

Been busy RL myself with work, then vacation... so no worries from me blindfox.
Bastard
Roll call!

You guys got everything you need... feel free to bump to the next morning... or do what you need for your plan...
Kliko
Present. I will try put up an ic tonight. I've got a conference tomorrow all day, so don't wait for me. The jungle-hike sounds a lot more healthier all of a sudden...
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 27 2009, 01:05 PM) *
The jungle-hike sounds a lot more healthier all of a sudden...

grinbig.gif I am glad my description hit right where I wanted to.
Mister Juan
So, what IS the plan after all?
Kliko
1. Take a nap and rest from our flight/travel etc

2. Get two of the team inside the arkology

3. Extract

4. Definitely camp in the jungle

Anyway, I'm not going to be able to put up an ic-post until tomorrow night CET. Feel free to go first.
SneakyJoeKDB
Sounds like a good plan... although the details of the plan are still up in the air.

2.) How? Rock climbing, trying to steal IDs, get Fake IDs, massive onslought, create a distraction?

4.) Which way? Take a river?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 27 2009, 05:04 PM) *
2.) How? Rock climbing, trying to steal IDs, get Fake IDs, massive onslought, create a distraction?

Thats exactly what I was wondering about
Kliko
Steal id's, rock climbing being the backup of last resort.
Kliko
-double post-
Kliko
-triple post-
Bastard
My computer is down due to technical difficulties. My C drive has an error, though the other side of the partition seems to be fine. A friend is coming over later today and he is going to take a look and see if he can correct the issue without me reformatting. For now I am using my wife's.

I will also be away this weekend suffering, I mean celebrating my two year wedding anniversary with my lovely wife.

If all goes well I should be back online, with access to my notes, Monday.

Keith has my work email and can direct any questions there (I am working graves this week), but feel free to post and post often in the IC! Bump up the time if needed.

Sorry for the slow down lately and this extended delay. I like to leave my games fairly wide open, but sometimes it slows down as players wait to be railroaded the right (or based on SR official adventure books, the wrong) way.

Sorry to be such a bastard. grinbig.gif
Kliko
Yeah you Bastard!

Just make sure you format your drive in three partition C, D and E. C for your operating system, D for programs and E for data.

-EDIT-
@Sneaky: waterways are basically the natural roads of the jungle. Yes, we will set out along one of the rivers move up-stream for a day or so and set up a base camp 1 click from the shore. We could repeat this as often as we like and since Ludi brought a satellite telephone we can even stay in touch with the rest of the world.
Bastard
Didnt have to reformat! Had a program fault, but its all good now. Hard drive is already partitioned for operating and everything else, then a have another that I use for games... plus another to back up all data.

I am exhausted after a long weekend away with my master wife, but I will be reading up tomorrow and posting if needed.
Bastard
This is your shitty skiff... just imagine it covered with old white paint and rust

Kliko says the plan may be to camp in the jungle once you make the nab.

Do Ludi and Sugar have a plan to get the IDs?

Feel free to do some adlibbing for me in your ICs until it comes to major events.

EDIT : Your Skiff is large enough for the five of you, and your prisoner, albeit cramped. With Bubba and Kliko on board, it is close to its buoyancy limit. rotfl.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Nov 2 2009, 04:25 PM) *
EDIT : Your Skiff is large enough for the five of you, and your prisoner, albeit cramped. With Bubba and Kliko on board, it is close to its buoyancy limit. rotfl.gif
You know we'll sacrifice Bubba for the additional freeboard right? ork.gif

can't we opt for something like this: http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/dec2008/...CAEEA1713D0.jpg instead with like one outboard engine?
Bastard
Yes... you can get one like that instead.
Kliko
don't tell me at what cost, I don't want to know
[ Spoiler ]

-EDIT-
Still cramped, but more seaworthy and of course an increased coolness factor. Boat got an anker right? A decent anker is going to be crucial when rope sliding down...
Bastard
yes there is an anchor.
blindfox
id's huh?
well we could have ludi and sugar grab the dood on his morning run and have the rest of the team not far away for support if need be with one person standing by on the skiff. just a quick grab and go...
or we could just nab two lower- level peeps while they're running and take their badges and have bala doctor them

whatchathink?
Kliko
I don't think I understand. Our target is on the ark, so we need to get two of us inside to nab him on his morning run. But to gain acces to the ark we probaply have to nab two low-level peeps. That being said feel free and be creative to find other ways in there. It's all up to your characters .
SneakyJoeKDB
You guys could check out the dock where the employees "sometimes" come and go from. If anyone gets off the shuttle to tour the main land then you can get their IDs. If you make it too obvious though their IDs may be only as good as their phone call about lost and stolen IDs. You may have to thump them and bag them only to be found later. I still think seeing if a fixer could come up with fake IDs is a better route.

And dont forget your jogging suits! wink.gif
Bastard
I dont have anything to add to the IC yet...

No one is waiting on me, right?
SneakyJoeKDB
what skill does the grapple gun fall under?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012