Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Nov 26 2013, 08:21 AM) *
Ok, just checked the rules. Appears I've been playing it wrong all those years!

1. Dodge test: If you roll more succes then the attacker on the attack test, you dodge completely (I always find this lame, because your dodge tn(4) is way to low compared to attacker's tn's).
2. If you don't dodge completely, you still track the number of succeses on this test for the determine outcome test
3. Damage resistance test: roll body modified for ballistic armor yadiyada (in this case half ballistic due to APDS)
4. Determine outcome: compare attacker and target succeses, stage damage up or down depending on net succeses.

So the outcome depends on Derek's nr. of succeses on the Attack test.

If we divide my previous roll with full combat pool (8 dice): [5, 5, 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4, 10 10, 3, 8, 11, 2] into:
- Dodge-test [5, 5, 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4] tn4 (5 succeses), (Kliko was looking for the sniper and the distance is approx 50-100 mtr)
- Damage resistance-test: [10 10, 3, 8, 11, 2] tn 11 (1 succes)

This netts 6 succeses, so the question is, how many succeses did Derek get on his Attack-test?

I fear he's firing short range tn 4, +4 partial cover, -1 stationary target, + any lighting modifiers (probably +2) and perhaps a smartlink (depends a little) for another -2 = tn7 (9 without smartlink)
So lets presume (for simplicity sake) he scored one successes on his attack test, then the nett succeses would be 5 succeses (6-1) staging Kliko damage down Deadly to Moderate.

But, I'd prefer to stage the damage down to Light if possible in which Kliko would have to spend the following amounts of karma on his damage resistance test:

- Derek 1 succes: 1 karma
- Derek 2 succeses: 3 karma
- Derek 3 succeses: 6 karma
- Derek 4 succeses: 10 karma

I'll try and write up an IC this evening. Kliko probably takes an overpenetrating sniper-round to the foot (try and hike with that chummer) or Light wound in game terms.

I only allow dodge when attack can be seen. Kliko never spotted the Sniper who is around 100 meters away, in cover, plus bonuses, and sound suppressed. Kliko did not spot him.

It was only 1 success, but I thought you rolled one success. So you need:
+1 more to stage Deadly to Severe
+2 more to stage Severe to Moderate
+2 more to stage Mod to Light

Kliko probably takes an overpenetrating sniper-round to the foot (try and hike with that chummer) or Light wound in game terms.

I would think a bullet wound to the foot is pretty severe, since you wouldn't be able to walk.

Here is how I have always looked at it:

Light wounds can also be thought of as bruising, swelling, etc from the armor withstanding a gunshot.
Moderate could be cracked ribs, deep bruising, etc.
Severe would be bullet penetration
Kliko
ok, lets burn 6 karma for the run and stage back to moderate. That's something a little first aid and magic will fix easily.
Now go get them Bubba!
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Nov 26 2013, 11:59 AM) *
ok, lets burn 6 karma for the run and stage back to moderate. That's something a little first aid and magic will fix easily.Now go get them Bubba!

Updated the Karma in the #1 OoC to reflect the 6 used here.

There is 13 Karma Pool remaining for the team, none due to refresh.

-----

As Bubba is pulling Kliko to cover Bubba gets hit with two hits from the sniper.

14D APDS 1 Success
14D APDS 1 Success

That is too bad, because I was really hoping to stack some successes on him.

-----

INITIATIVE
TURN 1
Round 1
22 Knuckle Duster - moving to cover (north side of road)
19 Bubba - moving to cover (47th st)
16 Kliko - moving to cover (47th st)
16 Felix - smoke grenade / move to cover (car on north side of road)
15 "Deryk" - Fired two shots, two missed, one near Bubba and Kliko
7 Ludi - moving to cover (south side of road / park)
Round 2
12 Knuckle Duster - cover (building entryway)
9 Bubba - Creates "spy stick"
6 Kliko - Small Unit Tactics / Observe
6 Felix - Observe (thermo) / spots something suspicious, unknown
5 "Deryk" - Shot Ludi
Round 3
2 Knuckle Duster - holding position, covering rear

TURN 2
Round 1
22 Bubba - Using "spy stick" to observe (thermo) - negative
22"Deryk" - Fires two shots at Kliko, one hit 14D APDS one success
19 Felix - Observe (Dual-Natured) - Located sniper!
17 Kliko - Observe in detail failed - deadly damage takes Kliko to the ground - roll to resist 14D APDS, one success
17 Duster - Covering rear
13 Ludi - Rolling to cover

Round 2
12 Bubba - Moving Kliko to cover
12"Deryk" - Firing 2 shots...Hit Bubba twice.
9 Felix - Hit "Deryk" with Stunball

7 Kliko
7 Duster - Covering rear
3 Ludi
Round 3
2 Bubba
2"Deryk"

Red - Move complete
Yellow - Move pending
White - Move upcoming

SMALL UNIT TACTICS
+1 Initiative for Duster and Bubba
No bonus to Felix (behind smoke) or Ludi (Lost LOS)

Next turn SUT bonus depends on damage taken by Kliko
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba never left cover to get Kliko. In my mind Kliko peered around the corner and got pegged. I assume Kliko is partly hanging out from around the building. Bubba is pulling from Kliko's feet or whatever isn't exposed. So I really don't know how Bubba was ever exposed to get shot?
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Nov 27 2013, 10:01 AM) *
Bubba never left cover to get Kliko. In my mind Kliko peered around the corner and got pegged. I assume Kliko is partly hanging out from around the building. Bubba is pulling from Kliko's feet or whatever isn't exposed. So I really don't know how Bubba was ever exposed to get shot?

Maybe the sniper isn't where you think.
Kliko
Come on chummer, do like me, flush some team karma! (that's what its there for!)
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Nov 20 2013, 03:22 AM) *
I updated it a few days ago here and also added the link to the Maps Post, which is linked in the #1 OoC Post, which is linked in my Signature.

Bubba and Kliko are behind the building on the south east corner of 47th Street, the sniper fire is likely coming from the east end of Daneshkadeh Road somewhere, based on V's head explosion and blood spatter pattern. When Kliko left cover to observe he may have been completely or partially visible to the sniper. He isn't using a "spy stick" like the innovative Bubba.

@Bastard this is why I am confused with what happened. Kliko got shot because he was exposed by peering around the building. Bubba's action was to never leave his position just reach down and grab Kliko's feet and pull him back into the cover of the building. This is why I made the quoted statement within your quoted statement because I wasn’t sure what was happening with the way things were being described. For example using the face book map and following the Sniper's location description given to Felix I assume the Sniper is near "Sniper Road" on the north side of Daneshkadeh Road. So unless Bubba was always visible to the Sniper or the Sniper moved I wasn’t sure how he could be hit. Also, if you assumed Bubba had moved from his position to get Kliko then I could see why Bubba got shot.

And maybe this was all by design, I'm confused = Bubba's confused. Regardless, I will make the resistance rolls for Bubba.

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Dec 3 2013, 11:32 AM) *
@Bastard this is why I am confused with what happened. Kliko got shot because he was exposed by peering around the building. Bubba's action was to never leave his position just reach down and grab Kliko's feet and pull him back into the cover of the building. This is why I made the quoted statement within your quoted statement because I wasn’t sure what was happening with the way things were being described. For example using the face book map and following the Sniper's location description given to Felix. I assume the Sniper is near "Sniper Road" on the north side of Daneshkadeh Road. So unless Bubba was always visible to the Sniper or the Sniper moved I wasn’t sure how he could be hit. Also, if you assumed Bubba had moved from his position to get Kliko then I could see why Bubba got shot.

And maybe this was all by design, I'm confused = Bubba's confused. Regardless, I will make the resistance rolls for Bubba.

Since Kliko fell away from the building, not directly back into the side street, Bubba would have to lean down to grab him. The sniper is (was) on the roof of one of the abandoned buildings between 50 Cal Alley and Sniper Road, giving him enough of an angle that he could take a shot with extremely high modifiers.

Note that you guys are not facing cookie cutter, Core Rulebook NPCs. I have taken characters, like "Deryk" who is one of bak0n's characters, and gave them better gear and a little Karma. Your characters are high tier (Between Felix, Ludi, Bubba and Kliko you have a total of 268 Karma earned!). If you think I am going to have a sniper that isn't specialized in sniper rifles, and doesn't have a good Threat/Combat Pool, you have underestimated your enemies. They can hit Target Numbers of 12+ on occasion. You might want to worry about any characters you have left at my house turning against you; I don't always use them as contacts and allies.

I am really surprised after the warning shots (bad rolls) into the building behind you guys didn't back you guys up a bit. I thought this was enough of a clue that the sniper might actually have a small angle on you guys. I was expecting you guys to use Bubba's MG to suppress, and have Kliko or Felix try and flank him, or enter the abandoned buildings near you to get to elevation yourselves.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Dec 3 2013, 02:26 PM) *
I am really surprised after the warning shots (bad rolls) into the building behind you guys didn't back you guys up a bit. I thought this was enough of a clue that the sniper might actually have a small angle on you guys. I was expecting you guys to use Bubba's MG to suppress, and have Kliko or Felix try and flank him, or enter the abandoned buildings near you to get to elevation yourselves.

This is why I asked the question of needing a better description of what was happening because it sounded like we were safe in one sense but not in another. I wanted to get more clarity on position and where the shots were being fired from so I could make a better decision. Such as trying to determine if we were safely behind cover or not. Bubba could not lay down suppressive fire if he had no idea where the sniper was. He tried to locate said sniper safely with his mirror so he could then return fire, hence, why he radioed the team to get the location of the sniper (See IC). Bubba was never going to poke around that corner unless he had a location to start firing at. Once the sniper's position could be communicated then Kliko and Bubba could flank, move into a building, use suppressive fire, formulate a plan etc. However, it wasn’t until after Bubba got shot that Felix let us know where the sniper was.

I did pick up on the fact that Bubba and Kliko were pinned down especially after Kliko went down. However Kliko and Bubba seemed to have enough cover until Kliko went to look around the corner. This is why Bubba only reached out to grab Kliko's feet and pull him back. Which tells me the sniper shot at his arms or hands.

It may all seem simple and obvious to you, but again this was a confusing encounter and having a limited idea of what danger Bubba and Kliko were in coupled with no idea of where the sniper was made it hard to do anything but stay in cover and hope the other teammates could help fill in the gaps of information before Bubba acted.
Kliko
Yeah, I'm a bit to blame.

Kliko should have wipped out his cyberscope (datajack, DNI controlled endoscope) to look for the sniper.
It wasn't until later that I realized he carried it for exactly this purpose...

Alas, the damage is done, now time to frag the motherfragger and patch us up. How's Ludi's first aid and Felix healing?
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Dec 3 2013, 02:26 PM) *
I am really surprised after the warning shots (bad rolls) into the building behind you guys didn't back you guys up a bit. I thought this was enough of a clue that the sniper might actually have a small angle on you guys.

Again, it was the above description that led me to ask my question to get more clarity. I am not sure what building the shots were being exploded against and after you pointed me back to the Facebook map I assumed it was the building on the west of the alley Bubba and Kliko are in. If it was the building on the east of the alley that Kliko and Bubba have their backs to then that would have changed my action as I would know that Kliko and Bubba can still be seen and would have ran to the South of the East building.

As always, the difficult part of these RPGs is when incorrect assumptions are being made due to lack of clarification or understanding. I should have asked you more specific questions to get a better understanding of how the situation was laid out instead of taking action based on incorrect assumptions. I have no problem rolling for the damage Bubba took, but my hope is that you may understand where I am coming from.

In short I feel like this was damage that Bubba should not have taken had I understood the situation better. Also my hope is at the least that you may see why some of those assumptions were made based on your descriptions and map drawing.
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Dec 3 2013, 02:38 PM) *
Again, it was the above description that led me to ask my question to get more clarity. I am not sure what building the shots were being exploded against and after you pointed me back to the Facebook map I assumed it was the building on the west of the alley Bubba and Kliko are in. If it was the building on the east of the alley that Kliko and Bubba have their backs to then that would have changed my action as I would know that Kliko and Bubba can still be seen and would have ran to the South of the East building.

As always, the difficult part of these RPGs is when incorrect assumptions are being made due to lack of clarification or understanding. I should have asked you more specific questions to get a better understanding of how the situation was laid out instead of taking action based on incorrect assumptions. I have no problem rolling for the damage Bubba took, but my hope is that you may understand where I am coming from.

In short I feel like this was damage that Bubba should not have taken had I understood the situation better. Also my hope is at the least that you may see why some of those assumptions were made based on your descriptions and map drawing.

It was the building to the west, across the street from you and Kliko. Bubba barely had cover as it was, especially being so big. Because the sniper is on the rooftop, he can move a bit once he has your location as well. He is able to hit the north wall of the building Bubba and Kliko are hiding behind/beside, and hit the east and north wall of the building west of you. Even if this information was unclear, your character still had not identified the location of the sniper, so I dont know how he could be sure he was in cover when he was not pressed against the building.

Remember, Bubba and Kliko are both trying to peer around the same building. Are they on top of each other like Scooby Doo. This made one of your more exposed, so either Bubba was always exposed, or Kliko is lying out in the street even further

Close up map being added...
SneakyJoeKDB
@Bastard, it doesnt matter anymore, but I do need to update my IC post as it was incorrect in assumptions and what events actually occurred. Also Kliko ICed that Bubba got shot in the chest I was thinking he could have been shot through the arm since he was reaching and the damage was severe. Maybe you can weigh in on what happened and then I will IC.
Kliko
Hi Sneaky,

I can simply fix the IC, no problem.

Kliko will patch you up real good while Felix trashes the damned sniper (good thing we have more then one mage/shaman)
SneakyJoeKDB
Hey Kliko,

I can tell you are trying to move the game along. Very noble. smile.gif I'll fix my IC today.

My IC is updated now, I removed the radio communication and pulling Kliko to cover and adapted the round impacts to work with Kliko's IC post.
Bastard
Sniper is down.

If you missed the IC post.
Kliko
Travelling for work (shipyard visit/audit), so limited connectivity/time...
Kliko
Time to send Ludi and Duster after the sniper and see who's been picking of our top operators!

Meantime, Kliko and Bubba must seek a nice place to treat their injuries...
[ Spoiler ]
I'll write up an IC tonight.

Can Felix perhaps provide some magical healing after the first aid?

ntwi
I hadn't been sure if we were still in initiative order or not. Felix will move on up to the two of you and start First Aid on Bubba while you are working on yourself.

[ Spoiler ]

That should take ~8 full turns or about a minute of actual time?
Kliko
Yeah, I kept Kliko's essence above 3 for just that purpose...

Next time he'll be more carefull and whip out his Sony Snakeeyes cyberscope...
Bastard
I dont believe you can use first aid twice on a person, but I will allow synergy heal attempt on Bubba, from Kliko and Felix. I have to look up the rules on that, but I believe the primary gets half the dice from the secondary person performing an action, and you make one attempt.
Kliko
First aid can heal max 1 damage level. I think we both made the rolls, so it's somewhat of a mute point (except for the time it takes).
Now finally some time to write up an IC smile.gif
Bastard
Go ahead and get your magic heals in, too. After you are all set I will IC Duster and Ludi's findings.
Kliko
Sneaky, can you write up the magical healing IC?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Dec 19 2013, 01:54 AM) *
Sneaky, can you write up the magical healing IC?

I missed Felix 's Magic tests there. newbie.gif
I will be get an IC up Saturdayish.
SneakyJoeKDB
I'll write something up.

Post up!
Kliko
Initiative or surprise?
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
They are still a minute out from you.
Kliko
Good, more time to setup smile.gif

Though I guess picking up V and removing the comm- and Battletac systems took some time too
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba post at the top of the building as Kliko suggested and ready to lay down machine gun fire on the incoming bogies.

initiative

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
I am emailing you guys a map. Point out where you are going and CC all, so there is team communication. Thanks BattleTac!!!
Bastard
Did you guys get the map I emailed you?
Kliko
Did you get my e-mail reply wink.gif
Bastard
Yes. And I replied.
Bastard
So, before I make an official IC Post, here is what I have:

Kliko
Run to V
Drag body back into the building on the NE corner of Daneshkadeh and 47th (where he and Bubba were)
Strip body of essential gear

Felix
Levitate to the roof of the building on the NW corner of 47th and Daneshkadeh
Overwatch 47th

Bubba
Running across the street to the north side of Daneshkadeh
Enter building opposite of 47th, go to upper floors, roof if possible
Overwatch 47th

Tentative map (facebook)
Any corrections?
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba's actions are correct.
ntwi
Felix's actions are correct as well
Mister Juan
I can't even remember what gear Ludi has nyahnyah.gif
Out of curiosity, Bastard, what's her current condition (stun and physical).
Mister Juan
She's going to grab the sniper rifle (and the sniper) and drag him back "inside".
Kliko
- Kliko crosses the road with dragging V by his webbing.
- Strips V of his com-gear (comm-unit + Battletac)
- Gets in position on Dansehkadeh north-side looking into 47th street.
Bastard
Initiative.
ntwi
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
[ Spoiler ]

Any chance to boost the team with SUT?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jan 10 2014, 12:40 AM) *
Any chance to boost the team with SUT?

Yes.
Kliko
Small unit tactics: Radio communicaitons + BattleTac receiver = tn5 (plus any wound modifiers): [5, 4, 2, 2, 2]

My rolls suck frag ass.
Bastard
Need Perception and Reaction from Felix and Bubba.
Mister Juan
Ludi's initiative: 12
I took into account her serious stun wound (-3)
ntwi
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Bubba spots the two enemies moving up 47th first. He gets a surprise attack.

Felix's turn will depend on the results of Bubba's actions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012