Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
klinktastic
Corsair Int Check:

[ Spoiler ]

ntwi
Felix INT Check
[ Spoiler ]

Perception to ID any astral followers
[ Spoiler ]

INT to notice anything placed inside the passenger area
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Still need a check from Bubba.

I will bump ahead tomorrow about this time.
Bastard
Double post again!

Stupid phone likes to double post.
SneakyJoeKDB
Intelligence:

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Everyone -
Feel free to move forward in what you need to do. Make rolls for anything you do that you think might need a roll. Add some fluff. Great chance for character development, interaction and team building.

You can head up to the 70/76 split, and that will put you near the Ute-CAS boarder at I-25/HWY-87. Denver google map
Kliko and Felix -
Where are you leaving the car and taking it on foot? What is your inventory? Where is the gear you leave behind? Any additional precautions? Don't forget your parkas, balaclavas and chapkas!... Oh, and your mittens! How are you making your travel (quick or stealthy)? Please be as clear as possible so I can bump quickly. Make rolls for anything you think you may need for your answers. Any rolls not made, I will make for you and post it (this is just to push you all forward, since the rest of the team wont have much to do).

*Note: No double post! grinbig.gif
ntwi
My two cents worth:
Wearing
[ Spoiler ]

The remainder of my gear will go in a nondescript duffel bag and be left in the vehicle.

Park at the hospital on W 26th Ave and Alcott St if it's still there, if not, park close to Mile High Stadium with a 2060 Bronco's (or whoever replaced them) decals on car. (purchase decals at S-Mart on the way). Summon an City Spirit to guard the vehicle and a watcher spirit to come tell me if anyone does anything to the vehicle. Leave city domain (losing any additional services from the city spirit) and summon an Air Spirit to Conceal Kilko and Felix while we cross the border.

From there, somewhat hidden by the vehicle, I'll scout astrally and then improv invis followed by levitate on myself over into the Centennial Gardens area. This lets me scout the place before dropping the spells. Pull out the binoculars if needed to get good LOS on Kilko and improved invis and levitate him over to me. NOTE If Kilko wants to go first and direct me via cell phone on where to set him down and drop the invis we can have him go first instead.

Dismiss Air Spirit.

Walk a block or two closer to the Pepsi Center and then call a cab to take us to a coffin motel near the airport. Check into motel, stash extra gear in coffin. Call another cab to take us to the meet location. (IIRC you said it was near the airport)

[ Spoiler ]

Other things to check on:
[ Spoiler ]

I'll write up an IC for some of this in the morning so Kilko can put his spin on it as needed.
Kliko
Currently at work, so will keep this brief.

- Jamie gets the keys/code to Kliko's ride.
[ Spoiler ]
- Bubba gets specific instructions to watch over Jamie (because he cares about 'weaker' team-members as well as his ride)
- Team will drop Felix and Kliko of at wherever Felix thinks is most appropiate.
- Remaining kit stays in the car
- Going in nice and easy/stealthy relying on Felix mojo for concealment et all depending on watcher spirits and that kind of stuff (Felix' call)

Kliko is equipped as following:
[ Spoiler ]

Here are some stealth rolls to cover the border hop:
[ Spoiler ]

And some perception checks:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Felix, note that magic seems a little harder to control for some reason. Add +1 to target numbers, both to hit and drain. (Have to check my notes, if it was to both, and for reasoning... at work - blarg.)

Also note the elevation is also having affect on drain, and stamina.

Felix spots a couple low level spirits, but you are easily able to avoid and sneak by them.

Kliko, on the CAS side, you spot a patrol and are able to avoid due to invisibility and stealth. I will have more details tonight when I get home from work.

Post forward IC to just before meet. When you contact Radek, he calls you back and gives you meet details for one hour later, at the Empire Gardens a small restaraunt in Chinatown, along the west side of the airport.

sorry if this double posts.
galenbd
Hospital is likely to be patrolled by security. Since Jamie does not have a wireless connection, she will need to be in a coffin motel to monitor the meeting with the Johnson. Coffin motel parking lots will also be less patrolled.

Galen
ntwi
I was planning on hopping the fence this evening and seeing if we can't get the meet tonight (by 2000 or so). I'll post an IC for crossing the border and calling Radek that fits with what Bastard has told us.
Bastard
Good IC!

When you are all set up, post forward to the Empire Gardens, and I will give you a script.

If you want to include some details, the airport is across the street, the area is lower-middle class, there is a lot of foot traffic - local Chinese and whites, plus tourists of all nationalities, the buildings along the road are all small-moderate store fronts - tourist shops, drug stores, small restaurants. The Empire Gardens is on a side road, up about a half a block. It is of moderate size, and of moderate rating.

empire gardens entrance

Wow... I just made up the name, because there is an Empire Dragons and a Emerald Gardens near me. rotfl.gif And a few Twin Dragons too!
Bastard
Well... the Denver map in the Denver Sourcebook (the one I emailed out last month) is incorrect. It has some streets listed on the wrong side of Hwy-225. Ignore those street names and go by 225 as the CAS-UCAS boarder, using the google maps for street names if needed.
galenbd
@Kliko Y'all forgot to pick up a prepaid phone per the plan.

@Bastard The Make Comcall system operation says you must be in the RTG that controls the LTG where the call destination is. I will have to be in the Ute Sector RTG to call Corsair. Then I will have to move to the CAS Sector RTG for the Denver sector for CAS. I'd like to know how many hosts I will have to move through to get there. That's what her current scouting mission is trying to uncover.

Galen
Kliko
bugger, I should read more carefully. I'll edit it to my post.

Will also send Jamie the physical adress. Perhaps they have a louzy network and somesecurity cameras.

Bargaining-check for buying prepaid handset cell-phone without registering a SIN:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
@Galen - this is why I really did not want to deal with deckers. I will have to build a damned system now and go over some of the base rules. I hate deckers, making me work and shit. Or I can give you a random number... how about 7?

@ Kliko - I did not read the IC yet, but here are plenty of places at your location to pick up a drop phone. This is considered outside of your lifestyle expenditures (housing, food, fuel, etc.) and will cost in the range of 40 to 500¥, depending on how good of a phone you purchase.
galenbd
@Bastard It may not be an issue. There is a Denver RTG in the Matrix book on page 160. It looks to be a difficult system. You could just decide that RTG connects to all Denver LTGs regardless of sector.

I suppose you will have to work up a security sheaf.

Galen
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 13 2011, 07:49 PM) *
@ Kliko - I did not read the IC yet, but here are plenty of places at your location to pick up a drop phone. This is considered outside of your lifestyle expenditures (housing, food, fuel, etc.) and will cost in the range of 40 to 500¥, depending on how good of a phone you purchase.

The cheapest.
Mister Juan
@Bastard
I pmed you Ludi's call list.

@The Team
Was there anything the team left behind that they might REALLY need, depending on what the run is? Since Ludi doesn't have any set travel plan yet, we're still pretty free in that respect. If the team ends up not really needing anything we can't get in Denver, I might have Ludi actually just fly into Denver with nothing else than her bad attitude and a pack of smokes wink.gif
galenbd
@Bastard I looked at the operations I will need to perform. It looks like my TN for all operations including reductions for my utilities is a 3. I could just run all the tests myself. Since it will only be 3-4 rolls, you could just decide if the host what the host does for the first 10 numbers of the Security Tally. It's pretty unlikely I will generate more Security Tally than that.

Just trying to reduce the amount of work you have to do.

Galen
Bastard
JC - Great post, as always. I will PM you with answers, but can you first resend me that PM with etiquette rolls.

All - House Rule on Etiquette: Players must choose what they think will be the appropriate Etiquette Class, not roll all and ask me to use the best one. This is so you run into situations where you stereotype a troll and use Street Et, but he is a business man returning home from the gym, so you made a mild faux pa not using Corp. Et.

Kliko & ntwi - post forward IC as needed to meet. If you have questions before doing so, provide a detailed OoC with questions, responses and rolls, so I can bump you forward myself. Remember to post IC in character. Unlike the books, even when I use them, my Johnsons have as much to lose from a bad rep as the runners do... meaning that 95% of the time they are not setting you up or going to have the classic FanPro/FASA plot twist where Johnson purposefully frags you over.

Galen - still working on it mad.gif damned deckers...
galenbd
@Kliko You are going to call Jamie with your new number and tell her when to call, Riiiiight.

@Bastard One of my wife's professors said "Work is love.". Definitely feelin' the love.

Galen
Kliko
QUOTE (galenbd @ Jan 15 2011, 05:17 PM) *
@Kliko You are going to call Jamie with your new number and tell her when to call, Riiiiight
yup. They'll have an open running and secure connection before they enter the Empire Gardens. It just made for a poor narrative wink.gif from my side. Hence the omission
Bastard
Kliko led me to some info in MJLBB (page 122). Thanks!

Jamie, I am going to do a quick resolution system, a series of tests. Here is how it works. You make a series of tests using your Computer Skill. You can use your Hacking Pool to purchase successes, over the entire run. Here are the actions you can take:
Access - Illegally log onto system, host or grid
Search - Find or locate something within a system
Control - Any other action taken within a system, such as download, slave, control, sleaze, suppress, etc.
Fight - Fight IC
Escape - Flee IC

So, Jamie needs to roll these Computer Tests, and state where you are using Hacking Pool:
Access Ute Grid - Orange
Search for CAS Grid
Access CAS Grid - Orange
Search for Empire Gardens
Access EG
Search for EG Node?
Access Node
???? Node

Any IC problems we will interject. If you make a bad roll and it is most likely IC alerting worthy, please be proactive and roll, and give me directions for you actions (ie - Grey IC Fight, Black IC run)

Also, can I get a description of your persona.

galenbd
I'm perfectly happy to use a Quick Resolution system. I do not have MJLBB, so I don't understand how it works.

Do I need to be in the Empire Gardens host to make and secure the commcall?

I expected the following:

Logon to Ute Host.
Call Corsair
Logon to Denver RTG
Logon to CAS RTG
Call Kliko.

I already have all the numbers. I don't think I need to search for them. Am I misunderstanding something here?

EDIT Perhaps this is about my scouting mission, not the actual commcall. Working on persona description.

How frequently does Hacking Pool refresh in this new system?

Galen
galenbd
Jamie's current persona takes the shape of a dragon formed out of clouds. She is known in the Matrix as Paraku. Her form allows her to become insubstancial in places and solid in others. It also makes it easier for her to fade away. Her form uses threads of itself to interact with Matrix systems. These threads distance her main persona from the system allowing her to remain stable even as her interactions unravel.

Reference picture http://mtgdragons.yolasite.com/about.php

She does have a normal operating procedure. She runs Masking mode at the start of almost every insertion. When faced with a new icon, Paraku evades detection. If her mission is urgent, she continue to evade and continue whatever the mission was. If not urgent, she will analyze icon and try to define a plan for dealing with it. She will always prefer to evade than engage. If she has to stay on line, she will engage, but with Parry Attack instead.

Paraku has no qualms about tangling with Black IC. She holds great respect for that code however and will run if she has the option.

Galen
galenbd
Ok. I understand better now. Thanks to Piet.

I have an MSP account. I performed a scouting mission using that account. I think don't need to search for the CAS address. My MSP account should allow me access the Ute grid and allow me to find CAS grid without any rolls. That is simple legal activity and it's why I purchased the account in CalFree.

For the commlink connectivity, I will not be using the MSP account. Here are the things I think I need to do.

Access Ute Grid - Computer 6 + 1 Hacking Pool

Commcall Control Test - Computer 6 + 1 Hacking Pool

Access CAS Grid - Computer 6 + 1 Hacking Pool

Commcall Control Test - Computer 6 + 1 Hacking Pool

I will escape if opposed by IC and try again.

Galen
Bastard
The test was for your search. I had forgot about the comcall. Sorry for the confusion.

Hacking pool buys successes, not an extra die, but go ahead and keep your previous rolls. Hacking pool does not refresh in this system, though I might let you refresh if you are in a "safe location" with no pursuit.

Sorry for all the delays. Work has been stressful and hectic lately.
Bastard
Oh, and looks like Jamie had no trouble placing that call. Go ahead and post forward in the IC.

Again, sorry for the delays. Trying to keep up from work, but it has been extremely busy, and I am new to my position. Learning on the fly with volatile chemicals is not my idea of good planning, but that's how we do it here. Safety first, my ass.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 19 2011, 08:16 AM) *
Again, sorry for the delays. Trying to keep up from work, but it has been extremely busy, and I am new to my position. Learning on the fly with volatile chemicals is not my idea of good planning, but that's how we do it here. Safety first, my ass.

I am in more than a good position to understand how that is. And I don't mean the "my workplace might explode at any time".... I'm talking about the busy thing wink.gif So yea, null presp. Also, I just noticed your previous OOC post about the rolls. I'll have those ready for you tonight!
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 19 2011, 08:16 AM) *
Again, sorry for the delays. Trying to keep up from work, but it has been extremely busy, and I am new to my position.

I will not be insulted if you tell me to piss off. Life is more important than gaming. In particular 'cause gaming doesn't pay real money. If you're busy, we can use the fast system. I'll adapt.

If I have an MSP account, is it right that have to make rolls, but the system doesn't roll against me?

Galen
Bastard
Roll for everything. That way it will be there if I need it, and you won't have to wait for my reply. If it isn't needed, then I will ignore it. This goes for all actions.
Kliko
@Bastard: expect you're up now with the intro for the Johnson?

Note to self how traceable are SIM-only Pocsecs? Would have been a blast to establish two-way communication by datajack during the meet :-s
Bastard
Haven't been keeping up with the IC. If you are ready for the meet, got your connection to galen, and you guys are ready, then I can try to get the meet posted tonight. Does Jamie need to do anything else, or was she just setting up coms with Kliko?

Note- Friday is my last day on shift, then I am off for four, so I will have some time to sleep, catch up, and drink some beer. Not necessarily in that order. Hopefully nobody wants to test the Magic Red Button again this week!
Kliko
@Bastard: Kliko and Felix are ready (adressed hostess).
Opening up the disposable cell phone comms makes for a poor narrative on my part, so we best skip that part entirely and assume we have secure comms.

Pls proceed with the meet.
Bastard
Is it okay that I push pretty far into the meet? All the way to the job offer?
Kliko
No problem. As long as everything is cool and professional.

In case you've seen "Smokin Aces" (can recommend, meet is in trailer #2), the bounty hunter team job offer ain't professional.

Some joker for Johnson? Kliko walks away, thanks the J for his/her interest, calls Radek and claims his J just defaulted.
ntwi
Are either of the J's magical or cybered?

Assensing:
[ Spoiler ]

Knowledge checks
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Mr. J is magically attuned, though nowhere near the ability or power of Felix.

The Children of the Dragon does not spark any specific memories, though there are many groups, mages and mundane, that follow and even worship great dragons. This mostly annoys the dragons, but these groups can also be useful to them, so they generally allow them to be. The CotD is not an original name, as there seems to be a group with that name following just about every great dragon.
Kliko
Bargaining-check #1:
[ Spoiler ]

Bargaining-check #2:
[ Spoiler ]

Bargaining-check #3:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Good sales pitch! I will have an IC up tonight when I get home.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jan 21 2011, 05:23 PM) *
Good sales pitch! I will have an IC up tonight when I get home.

Thats what you get from gaming with adult-players.

To bad my rolls sucked frown.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jan 21 2011, 05:28 PM) *

If Ludi was there, she'd be somewhat impressed wink.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jan 21 2011, 02:28 PM) *

Rolls mean less than your specified questions. Those give good target modifiers!
Kliko
Bargaining-check #1:
[ Spoiler ]

Bargaining-check #2:
[ Spoiler ]

Bargaining-check #3:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Just need a quick Yes or No to my IC Kliko. Accept the job and I can push on, or continue negotiations.
Kliko
Yes, but ...
[ Spoiler ]
Feel free to forward us so we can get to planning, involve Ludi and the other team members.
Bastard
Mr. Johnson is not willing to leave 100,000 nuyen.gif in escrow, but he is willing to move some to up-front payment. Mrs. Johnson is more assuring and seems to have more experience in these types of situations, and says that Radek can vouch for her reputation. No magic clause as many of the members have some background, but are religious zealots, not magic security. Bonus for no deaths of cult members. Is this satisfactory to Kliko?
Kliko
Sure, say a 10% bonus?

Hardware expenses (max 5k), pass/visa costs etc for Johnsons's account?
Bastard
Editing my last IC post.

----

Post has been updated. Let me know if I have to edit anything, or add something in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012