Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
He tossed out the credsticks with the advance payment! talker.gif nuyen.gif !
He just didn't mention the amount on them (20k per stick).
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 21 2012, 09:36 AM) *
Thank you. I do was I can.

So, post is up! As I mentioned, sundays, mondays and tuesdays might be a bit difficult in the writing department. I'm sure some days will be a little less hectic than others.

No prob... I rotate days and nights, so I know what its like. I dont save any lives, but I try not to make anybody explode or catch on fire, so its kind of the same. grinbig.gif Actually, I just had a fire in the middle of the night like three weeks ago, so I actually earned my pay!

I try to post from my phone on nights and weekends when its slower, but dumpshock likes to log me out in the middle of posting, constantly. mad.gif
Mister Juan
I meant "I do what I can." This just goes to show how tired I am.........

Anyways! I guess the ball's in your court Bastard! You want to do the "introductions"?
Bastard
Sure... I will get it tonight... I was just checking in while I am waiting for my first coat of paint to dry in my com room.

By the way everyone, its not a backroom, its just the back of the bar, near the back room with a door marked PRIVATE, which is the managers office.

Forces In Motion
Duly noted. smile.gif My last post has been edited to reflect this.
Bastard
Sorry for the delay in my posting... I moved my computer to paint my computer room, and then with Thanksgiving Holiday and some garage cleaning my wife and I had scheduled to do today, I just got my computer turned on about 30 minutes ago!

Kliko
Don't worry about that. I was waiting for Starling before I filled them in on the (lack of) details.
Forces In Motion
I'm getting there, I promise.
Bastard
I am still watching...

Until you guys are well acquainted and as informed of the mission as you can be.

Let me know when you want me to advance the story.
Kliko
Lets see if anyone has anmy questions, then proceed once those are answered.
Kliko
Bastard, feel free to roll us forward if nobody has any questions or further wise ass remarks spin.gif
Mister Juan
Well, Ludi has a question or two, but I was waiting for Starling to accept the job. She isn't about to talk "details" in front of someone who's going to walk away.
Kliko
Feel free to ask, but use a later timestamp.
ntwi
Hmm... can't find an online translator to put it into English characters so you'll have to deal with the characters from Google translate. It's fun being a polygot.
Kliko
Google is my friend grinbig.gif

Anyone have more questions, feel free to shoot, otherwise we can roll on.
The financial setup seems best for everyone also in case we do get Redshirts afterall.
Mister Juan
I love the fact that everyone seems to be speaking half a dozen languages wink.gif

Ludi won't have any other questions. I'll probably just write a post about her getting hold of 3 sat phones.

@Bastard
You need some rolls from me to get the sat phones, or can I just make stuff up?
ntwi
I'm up to 6 or 7 now I think. I tend to pick up a new one when we hit a new part of the world. Part of the whole "flexibility" thin Kliko keeps harping on

EDIT: English, Spanish, Russian, Japanese and Sperethiel
Mister Juan
Out of pure curiosity, who speaks what?
I think Ludi has something like Russian, English, Cantonese and French.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 30 2012, 02:00 PM) *
@Bastard
You need some rolls from me to get the sat phones, or can I just make stuff up?

Sent you a pm.
Jaruen
Knuckle Duster has English, Japanese, and Penutian
Kliko
Kliko has to do with English, Spanish and some Russian.
It helps when working with colleagues/mercs from all over the world.

He'll have to rely on linguasofts for the rest cyber.gif
Forces In Motion
Starling only speaks Japanese and English.

I unfortunately have to rely on a translator, so the Japanese may be pretty bad. biggrin.gif For game purposes, anyone who knows the language may notice she speaks it with a Yakuza influence to her pronunciation.
Bastard
Ready for the next bump?

If you want me to include details of your character in the post, give me an OoC or IC post of what you are doing on each of the next few days. Not needed... thats just for extra fluff.
Forces In Motion
I'll try to put something up either late tonight or tomorrow morning.
Mister Juan
I'll try to have a post up either tomorrow or wednesday. I had a ridiculously busy day at work, and I need to cover for a sick nurse tomorrow, so I need to catch some shut eyes asap.

So yea, beside getting the sat phone, Ludi's is going to stay at home, clean her guns, watch cartoons and bake cookies with Lana.
Kliko
I imagined Bubba and Kliko popping some rounds at Comtract illegal firing range to kill some time. This way Kliko can inconspiciously check Bubba's heavy weapons kit and shooting guns (Kliko will shoot his AK-97 for sports, leaving the Alpha in the car) should be somewhat zen-like.... right?
Bastard
Okay... looks like I got some fluff to work with... I will get a post up tomorrow most likely.
Kliko
Oh boy, he still remembers that!

What shape is Bubba's arsenal in btw? I'll write up some intermezzo at the range.
SneakyJoeKDB
His gear is in good shape. He does oil and clean it after and before each mission. However, he hasnt been to his safe house since he finished the last run. Expect dust and cobwebs.
Kliko
[ Spoiler ]
-EDIT-
[ Spoiler ]
-EDIT2-
So how many rounds did Bubba bring on the HMG?
Kliko
Bastard, feel free to roll us all forward, lets keep some tempo up. Sneaky and I will enjoy our own little gun crazy intermezzo and race to load the new ammo belts.
Forces In Motion
Sorry for the delay, folks. Between work, Christmas and family stuff I've been a bit bogged down. Suffice it to say Starling won't be doing much that's noteworthy.
Bastard
Yeah... sorry was gonna add more fluff, but I left my notes at home and was planning on posting last weekend from work.
Forces In Motion
I have to apologize in advance - my youngest decided today would be a good day to drop daddy's computer on the floor, and now my hard drive has to be replaced. It'll be a couple days before I can post.
Bastard
I need a mission loadout from everyone.

This can be posted here, emailed to me, or email me a word doc - since I am going to put it all on a word doc anyways.

Once this is done, I can drop you guys at the DZ with a full mission brief.

Sorry for delays, typos, double posts, etc. Been busy at work, or at least working a lot of hours watching Netflix on my phone, and Dumpshock likes to log me out in middle of posts and my new phone is still learning my vocabulary so swipe and autocorrect have been total fuckheads and beyond frustrating - especially when I have to rewrite an entire post.
Mister Juan
How much detail do you want? Changes of clothes and numbers of socks detail, or just roughly ? wink.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 14 2012, 02:55 PM) *
How much detail do you want? Changes of clothes and numbers of socks detail, or just roughly ? wink.gif

Equipment, sets of clothes and style (ie casual, dress, sweats, diamond encrusted tux, etc)
Kliko
Who cares about the clothes? (with all the hardware we're toting around)

Bastard got mail.
With the current team size we're missing out on two comm-units... So two people need to bring their secured comms-system with them.
Bastard
Got lists for Kliko and Felix.
Bastard
Still waiting on packing lists from everyone.

If I dont get one by Friday, I am making one for you.

Which will consist of:
Main weapon
toothbrush
condoms
tic-tacs
Kliko
Never underestimate the usefulnes of condoms in any situation!
Bastard
Bubba brings a sandwich bag.
Bastard
Packing lists people??
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba's Packing List:

[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
And a troll modded gyromount wink.gif

Bubba will love it! (he just doesn't know it.... yet)

So for the rest lots of rubber I guess?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Dec 21 2012, 03:26 PM) *
And a troll modded gyromount wink.gif

That equipment was not received due to short notice.

QUOTE (Kliko @ Dec 21 2012, 03:26 PM) *
So for the rest lots of rubber I guess?

Looks like.
ntwi
Hmmm, no red shirts included on the missing packing lists? I was expecting those forgetting to send in packing lists would find one in their luggage as a warning.
Kliko
Kliko requested some Johson supplied equipment. We can put them in that gear?
Bastard
The modified gyromount was not available on short notice, as I understood you went through your own contacts.

I have your list of requests that was sent to Mr Johnson through Radek.
[ Spoiler ]

Note: I have one redshirt already packed.
Bastard
No longer a double-post, since I got stuff to say now!

I made packing lists for Ludi, Duster, Starling and V

I wanted to have an IC up yesterday, but was held up by the lack of participation. I will try to do one tonight, but it will be on my phone since I will be at work, and that is fucking aggravating cause DS likes to keep logging me out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012