Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
Yes, I understand all of that. It picks up sound and vision, gps and all that. I just never thought of HOW it picks up the visual and sound, and I cannot find where it explains it.

You still don't pick up anything on the BattleTach, either for reasons I will not give at the moment, or because nothing is there. That goes for all three doors.

Note: I cannot always give reasons why things are, why NPCs act a certain way, or other in game events happen the way they do without tipping my hand. Always question if you feel I am misinterpreting a rule or action, but sometimes I will not be able to tell you why - just that I understand your point of view and it may or may not change things.
Kliko
Thats fine cool.gif, relax.

Its on mm p23 second alinea on the Battletac cyberlink. The rest is of course 'advanced' Battletactm technology . We don't have to udnerstand that to see how it works. biggrin.gif
Bastard
I am relaxed... just wanted to note that for when things do come up.
Kliko
Perception-check door #3:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Can you use more descriptive terms in the IC than door #1, ect. because IC they are not labeled as such.

Use those numbers for OOC comments though to avoid confusion.

Thanks.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bro, why be a jerk store again? I thought we got through this... talker.gif
Bastard
I will punch a jerk store in the face! ork.gif

That was not a jerk store statement. That was a "those numbers are OOC" statement. grinbig.gif

... And... Where is your Mad Sneakies Test?
Kliko
Ok, will edit accordingly.

Upcoming stealth-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Perception-check for overwatch:
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Stealth
[ Spoiler ]

Perception door #8

[ Spoiler ]

I think that dice bot likes me for the most part or the programmer made the average high

I assume you will want a few more rolls so if these are in advance you can save them for when needed.

Initiative - I cant remember do you reroll 6s for initiative? That dice bot seriously rolls big or I am gonna get some very bad rolls at the wrong times.

[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
Thats just karma working in your favor Sneaky proof.gif .

Bastard, two quick questions before I make my IC-post:

1) For narrative purposes, how does RG acces the Battletac master-unit? Is he jacked in and routs it through his image link or is he actually looking at a laptop like device?

2) What type of test do I need to make to lob two grenades (not-armed) in Bubba's hands (and what type of test for Bubba to catch same)?

Throwing weapons take scatter (a 'bouncing' grenade) etc. into account, this sounds a bit harsh for an underhand throw along 8 meters (from reception counter into Bubba's hands).

Initiative:
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Kliko,

What kind of grenades do you have? Any concussion? Gas?
Kliko
Check my post #58 in the IC-thread smokin.gif . We'll work it out in the IC. I doubt Bastard likes us to discuss tactics in the heat of battle on the OC-thread.
SneakyJoeKDB
I got the impression that this is what the OOC thread was for...

I am thinking gas would be ideal if we had gas masks; it's likely the data hook up is in this room and depending upon how long the gas would take to clear out, it could be problemtatic. In this situation concussion would be the best, but since you do not have any, I suggest we work with the smoke.

Thermo vision ought to not be affected much so Bubba will have an advantage when he goes in skull knocking. Can someone clarify if Stun Batons can be non lethal damage by choice?
Kliko
Hehe, I'm thinking in-line with house rule #4 ork.gif
[ Spoiler ]

Stun batons do 6S Stun damage. Either way, people hit by 6S are in a world of hurt. Gas grenades do 6S Stun damage to, but the gas remains effective for 2 combat turns afterwards. Secondly most sr gasses are contact vector so even with gas masks you're screwed.
SneakyJoeKDB
Well I am a noob to this forum gaming so I am not familiar with "House Rule 4" or any, but then again maybe the house rules arent part of the forum rules?
Bastard
Too many questions at once! wobble.gif You all lose 10 karma! rotfl.gif
QUOTE (sneaky)
Initiative - I cant remember do you reroll 6s for initiative? That dice bot seriously rolls big or I am gonna get some very bad rolls at the wrong times.
Generally you do not reroll sixes on initiative rolls. However, I believe the adrenal pump (bioware) used to allow you to do so in second edition. I will have to double check for third, but you don't have it anyways.
QUOTE (Kliko)
1) For narrative purposes, how does RG acces the Battletac master-unit? Is he jacked in and routs it through his image link or is he actually looking at a laptop like device?
First, RG is a she, not a he. The same goes for V. grinbig.gif

RG will be looking at the "laptop" style computer, mounted on a large wristband. There was a picture of all the BattleTach stuff in Fields of Fire, if you have a copy. Your BattleTach automatically links to your image link, so you do not need to look at the computer screen version.
QUOTE (Kliko)
2) What type of test do I need to make to lob two grenades (not-armed) in Bubba's hands (and what type of test for Bubba to catch same)?
SR grenade rules have always been retarded. I have house rules for grenades, but I am not sure they were in the Player's Handbook.

Bastard’s House Rules for Grenades!
[ Spoiler ]

Make a Throwing Test (or Athletics at +2, default to Quickness at +4) to throw to Bubba
Make Athletics Test (default to Reaction at +4) for Bubbato catch
Kliko can throw one grenade per combat turn.
QUOTE (Sneaky)
Can someone clarify if Stun Batons can be non lethal damage by choice?
Stun = non-lethal.
QUOTE (Sneaky)
Well I am a noob to this forum gaming so I am not familiar with "House Rule 4" or any, but then again maybe the house rules arent part of the forum rules?
House Rule #4 is from the Player's Handbook I sent you.

Rule #4
[ Spoiler ]
This is to make for more spur of the moment, in-character reactions - not to mention, hopefully some oh-shit moments, which lead to karma-rewarding actions. Though the Handbook was meant for the table top group, I think this rule should still apply. It makes the game more fun!

So...
[ Spoiler ]
grinbig.gif

SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jun 4 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Stun batons do 6S Stun damage. Either way, people hit by 6S are in a world of hurt. Gas grenades do 6S Stun damage to, but the gas remains effective for 2 combat turns afterwards. Secondly most sr gasses are contact vector so even with gas masks you're screwed.

Correction my stun batons do 14M stun. I just needed to read the character sheet! grinbig.gif
Kliko
Currently doing the write up for the IC (and making dinner for my GF).

@Sneaky: That must be a 'stunning' baton/club, not a "stun baton"

@Bastard: What about reducing tn for my throw with -1 tn for every two succeses on Bubba's check?

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Athletics check to catch:

[ Spoiler ]
eek.gif

To keep things running quicker I went ahead and improvised assuming Bubba failed. If you need me to edit my IC post let me know. I left it open for you to determine where the grenade went.

Atheletics grenade 2:

[ Spoiler ]
Second one much better!

Now lets see what happens...

Bastard
Second one you catch without even trying.

Duster is grabbing the one on the ground.
SneakyJoeKDB
Throwing

[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
Am I the only realizing we left all the female-characters outside the Lodge?

@Bastard
: I understand from RG that other contacs are moving in on the Lodge? But not yet on the parking lot?
Bastard
No... outside is all clear. I missed a word in that post! It should have been, "I have eyes on you guys", not, "eyes on guys." Sorry about that, it has been edited.

Yes... both females are outside.
Bastard
Waiting on me to post IC?
SneakyJoeKDB
Yes, we just popped two grenades into the room -something ought to happen.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jun 7 2009, 05:53 AM) *
Am I the only realizing we left all the female-characters outside the Lodge?

Never send a women to do a man's job dead.gif
Kliko
Yup, waiting for you Bastard.

-EDIT-
Well, the yellow smoke grenade was just there to disguise the pink-marked gas grenade, but yeah at 6 Serious Stun through a contact vector agent for 2 full combat turns something usually happens
SneakyJoeKDB
How long does it take to clear?
Bastard
The gas should remain effective for a while in a small area like that, only ventilated by the AC. Give it at least 15-30 seconds.

Kliko would know this.
SneakyJoeKDB
Perception

[ Spoiler ]

Body - assuming gas exposure

[ Spoiler ]

Kliko
Sneaky. I will delay my post until you had a chance to get an IC-post up.
Bastard
Sneaky - you do realize that blindfolding, moving and tieing the guys up is going to take a lot of time, right?

You may have to edit the post if you want to change your actions... for now you are still searching the first guard.
Kliko
Kliko will tag on/tag off with Duster in my next post so Duster can nest himself in an overwatch position within the receptions A-frame roof.

For now, well, I have to leave for work in five minutes...
Bastard
Duster is a melee guy. I don't think he wants a nest! rotfl.gif
Kliko
"Nest"... well, he can hide between the A-frame and get to jump on top of unsuspecting security guards! What else could he ask for?
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jun 9 2009, 02:05 AM) *
Sneaky - you do realize that blindfolding, moving and tieing the guys up is going to take a lot of time, right?

You may have to edit the post if you want to change your actions... for now you are still searching the first guard.

Yes I do realize this; however, he will do that anyway. Other actions can occur during the hog tieing. If you would like me to edit let me know!
Kliko
What are the security guards wearing anyway in relation to weapons and armor? (always good to know what we're up against...)
SneakyJoeKDB
And did Bubba find anything such as a key pass etc?
Bastard
QUOTE (sneaky)
Yes I do realize this; however, he will do that anyway. Other actions can occur during the hog tieing. If you would like me to edit let me know!
The problem with that post is that if you watch mine and Kliko's time stamps, everything is happening in a span of a few seconds, while your actions are going to take a few minutes.

In order to maintain an accurate account of game events, I can't have everyone taking a 5 minute play. If someone were to walk in and shoot your guy, I don't want there to be, "Oh, I thought I was over here doing this," or, "But I would not have kept doing that if that happened," ect, ect.

When you stated:
QUOTE (sneaky between 04:09:33 and 04:09:38 game time)
After searching the guard Bubba tears the Guard's uniform and uses it to make a blindfold which Bubba ties around the Guard's head and eyes. He then drags the security guard to the other unconcious security guard and proceeds to search and blind fold him also. Bubba handcuffs each guard's hands behind them and then sits each guard upright and back to back in the far corner of the room.
it lead to:
QUOTE (kliko @ 04:09:42 game time)
Seeing Bubba hauling around the unconcious security guards, Kliko whispers...
How did Bubba do a search, tear the uniform, blindfold the guard, and begin to drag him over to the other guard in a span of less than 10 seconds?

This is the confusion I am trying to avoid, and since your dragging of the guard has already been incorporated into other posts, I would have to say you did not do a very good search.

QUOTE (sneaky)
And did Bubba find anything such as a key pass etc?
Bubba has not done a very good search of the guard yet, since he spent that time dragging the guard across the room. Thus, you found nothing of consequence.

QUOTE (kliko)
What are the security guards wearing anyway in relation to weapons and armor? (always good to know what we're up against...)
I will edit this into my last IC post.

SneakyJoeKDB
Well alrighty then! sarcastic.gif

I edited the post based on your mighty assumptions ninja.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Its got to be tough being a security guard in the world of shadowrun... I wonder what these guys get paid? I cant count the number of security guards that have been taken out over the years of playing this game.
Kliko
It depends (if you really want to know open a thread on the Shadowrun-board). Probaply enough to maintain a low-lifestyle. The real bitches are the Fast Response Teams (aka the heavily armed, trigger happy backup teams for your basic rent-a-cop). Makes good backgroudn to come to think of it.
Bastard
Also draco guards I believe are paid well. nuyen.gif
Kliko
ROFLMAO jedi-powers!!!

Ok ok, I'll try and get an IC-post of before going to bed.

-EDIT-
I expect Relentless can pop the maglock, like the ones he did outside.

I must delay my post until we got Relentless safe in the mainframe and datastorage room. I got a slick plan to trick the remaining guard(s) in coming out of hiding ork.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Perception for searching the guards.

[ Spoiler ]

I hope you find another dice bot to use when you roll for the bad guys rollin.gif
Bastard
Don't you remember my dice skills at all? It hounds me in computer simulated programs as well. sarcastic.gif
Kliko
hmm... bedtime over here. I will post tomorrow in the course of the day.

-EDIT-
OMFG Bubba leaves the radio!!! the most important piece of equiment these guards carry around! I will pick it up in my post. These AK's are just ballast.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba has a one track mind... why does he want the radio? He can barely handle the battletac.

Have a good rest!
Bastard
QUOTE (sneaky)
Bubba has a one track mind... why does he want the radio? He can barely handle the battletac.
rotfl.gif
Kliko
Ok, IC is up.

Room entry is probaply something in the line of opening the door while standing next to it (partial/full cover). Peak around the corner (observe in detail, simple action). Get back in cover, signalling findings if any, before Bubba moves in to clear it out with Kliko coming in as backup support.

Though I fin it hard to cineamatically describe all the above silly.gif in the IC.

-EDIT-
Next IC is up. Basically presume Kliko is monitoring radio traffic from the sec guards radio.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012