Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
Welcome back! grinbig.gif
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 31 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Welcome back! grinbig.gif

QFT
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 31 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Correct.

So you have been in the system for 20-25 minutes before Kliko and Ludi appear? Adjust your timestamps if needed.

We are ready to bump to the infiltration team.

If I have 20 minutes, I have time for the Search test to find the elevator controls and make sure I can lock it down.

Search test 4 successes. Why couldn't I get one of those successes last time.

She will also wait for the elevator to become idle, then confirm that she can actually lock the doors. Elevator test Again 4 successes.

Galen
Kliko
You guys want me to post ahead the infil team?

Or shall we grant Juan the honors?
galenbd
I'll add an IC post for the elevator test. I was trying to give the GM an opportunity to tell me I was successful.

I think I'm ready for moving forward.

Galen
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jun 1 2011, 10:44 AM) *
You guys want me to post ahead the infil team?

Or shall we grant Juan the honors?

You might as well do it wink.gif I still got to catch up on the IC and OOC threads.
Bastard
Yes. Keep moving forward.

Try to keep in order, and follow the plan. I will try and update the ooc plan tonight or tomorrow.
Mister Juan
Alright! I'm mostly caught up on the IC and OOC thread. At least, I think I am.

Only question I got is: what is Ludi packing gear wise?
Bastard
Ludi is equipped with a bad haircut and an attitude to match.

Give me your load out from the stuff you all brought to Denver plus the supplies from Mrs. Johnson.

Can someone link to the post with all the gear?

Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jun 2 2011, 10:33 PM) *
Ludi is equipped with a bad haircut and an attitude to match.

That's probably all she actually needs wink.gif
Mister Juan
Actually, I just found most of the info I was looking for!
She's got a half suit of FFA armor on, a dart pistol, an SMG and probably a few misc objects she brought along (like her biomonitor, 2 stim patches and a trauma patch).
What I cannot find tho, are the number of rounds we got for the SMG and dart pistol.
Kliko
5 darts for the dart pistol

Two spare clips of gel-rounds for the SMG.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Jun 3 2011, 12:48 PM) *
5 darts for the dart pistol

Two spare clips of gel-rounds for the SMG.

Thanks a bunch mate!
Let's just hope we don't get ourselves in a big firefight... cause 2 clips ain't gonna cut it wink.gif
Mister Juan
Also, who's got the Mage Mask and Metal Restraints/Handcuffs? Unless we ended up not buying those...
ntwi
I believe the Magemask and restraints are in the vehicle. The plan (as I knew it) was to simply drag the unconscious body into the SUV and put the restraints on while driving away or later before he regains consciousness.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (ntwi @ Jun 4 2011, 03:07 PM) *
I believe the Magemask and restraints are in the vehicle. The plan (as I knew it) was to simply drag the unconscious body into the SUV and put the restraints on while driving away or later before he regains consciousness.

Thanks a bunch for clearing that up! I'm sorry to bother you all with my inane questions sarcastic.gif I've just been a little too out of the loop I think.
Kliko
Lets move this run forward!
Bastard
I will update "the Plan" on by Tuesday... busy weekend at work. I almost shut my unit down! Big whoopsy.

Kliko
Perception-check (observe in detail)
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jun 5 2011, 12:22 AM) *
I will update "the Plan" on by Tuesday...

Am I the only one who feels like this statement is really ominous? Must be the quotation marks for the Plan...
ntwi
Thats not the ominous part to me, the quotation marks around "The Plan" are because of how rapidly we diverge from the plan.

Case in point, Bubba props the door open during his smoke break (per "The Plan"), and Kliko decides to open the roll up door a few feet to squeeze inside instead. (not "The Plan"). Not sure if that was just his improv for being ~20 minutes behind schedule or why, but thats where we are at.
Kliko
Bugger, forgot that. You guys want me to edit? I was just eager to move forward.
galenbd
Hey y'all,

I'm on vacation this week and my posting ability will be erratic. Where I am going may not have any connectivity, so this week may be a wash. Feel free to NPC my character as needed. I should be back on Sunday.

Galen
Bastard
Sorry for the absence this week. Had some personal stuff come up, and I needed a little therapy (aka mass killing online) to clear my thoughts ... Plan is being updated and a double post is quite possible in the near future.

EDIT

I cant even get you guys on schedule because your posts contradict each other.

1-Felix is talking to Kliko and Ludi in the truck, they are both visible.
2-Ludi drives the truck through the gate, Kliko is invisible and supposedly in two places at once (in the truck, and opening the gate) or Ludi and the truck were in two places at once.
3-Felix is going to be walking into the mass late, after it has started, at 1500. This is not a stealthy move.

So what I need is this:

1-The time stamps and posts edited so they do not contradict each other.
2-Bubba to post going to the mass.
3-EVERYONE to either follow the plan, or let me nix it. I cannot keep track of what everyone is doing, someone is going to get shot, then complain due to confusion. THE REASON WHY I WASTED A FUCKLOAD OF TIME WRITING THE PLAN OUT FOR YOU WAS TO AVOID CONFUSION! It seems no one is really following the steps. Did I waste my time? That is a serious question, and I do wish for answers. I have read it over and it seems very clear to me, and I asked before hand if there were any questions. I even tried to reroute the team back into the timeline, and failed. Did anyone go over my OoC color coded post with the plan?

I am not mad, just extremely frustrated because I cannot gm. The written plan was supposed to keep everyone informed when and where they were supposed to go, according to your own posts. I cannot bump you guys forward, because I have no idea where everyone is, because it seems most of you are in two places at once, and for some reason 20 minutes behind schedule.

Once this is cleared up I can bump forward... but right now I have no idea what is going on.
Bastard
Green Text has been completed successfully
Blue Text is in process and/or ongoing
Orange Text is due up
Red Text has failed
[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
Edited

Edited my posts to bring myself in line with the plan. Having the plan written out the way you have has been a big help to keep things straight to me. I'm not used to going back and editing time stamps and such, and so once we got off track/timetable I had presumed that we were punting and playing by ear with the plan. I am now back in line and on time.

Magic rolls and such
[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
So are we going to edit ourselves back onto the plan or?
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Jun 10 2011, 11:36 AM) *
So are we going to edit ourselves back onto the plan or?

Only you have noted one way or the other. I am unsure what everyone is doing, and where everyone is at, both in location and time.

I don't want something to happen (like someone getting shot) then there being an argument that they were here not there, and so on and so forth.

I will probably just push everyone forward, and forget all the intricacies of my defenses.
Mister Juan
I'm just hell of a confused nyahnyah.gif I'll admit I just grabbed the timestamp from the post above mine, and rolled with it.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jun 11 2011, 07:48 AM) *
I'm just hell of a confused nyahnyah.gif I'll admit I just grabbed the timestamp from the post above mine, and rolled with it.

I took all your team's planning and put it into this list and we went over it, edited it, and finalized it. It was supposed to keep everyone aware of what was going on, but instead it looks to have done nothing but cause more confusion.

OoC Plan
IC Plan
SneakyJoeKDB
Well, I think Bubba is where he is supposed to be now???
ntwi
The fixes that I was expecting to bring things back in line were:

Kliko - Move the time stamps back in line with the pan, and enter the door past Bubba rather than your "covert" entry

Ludi - Time stamps move and you can see Kliko as you pull into the lot when he opens the gate. The two of you go invisible after he shuts the gate and climbs into the SUV.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Jun 11 2011, 09:59 AM) *
The fixes that I was expecting to bring things back in line were:

Kliko - Move the time stamps back in line with the pan, and enter the door past Bubba rather than your "covert" entry

Ludi - Time stamps move and you can see Kliko as you pull into the lot when he opens the gate. The two of you go invisible after he shuts the gate and climbs into the SUV.

I believe Kliko can still enter in through the propped open door. Jamie has control of the cameras.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jun 11 2011, 03:15 PM) *
I believe Kliko can still enter in through the propped open door. Jamie has control of the cameras.
Yup, lets roll forward. Guess Kliko and Ludi have to find a good place to snug away in the storage area and check with Jamie if she found/got elevator-controls.
Bastard
Move along... and I will try to get an IC up about the sermon tomorrow or Wednesday.

I have been busy last week and will be through the next two weeks with work and real life issues.
Kliko
I'll be sailing next week which is basically equivalent to no/spotty internet acces.

Feel free to NPC Kliko if required.
galenbd
I made it back. Now it looks like Kliko's gone. Summer's a rough time of year.

As far I can tell from the OOC and IC threads, Jamie is still in a holding pattern waiting for the end of the sermon and to lock the elevator doors. I did wonder if she saw any guards heading her way though.

Galen
Bastard
I'm going to pause the game for a week. Not only am I having my own issues, but a family member was badly injured and I got things to do to help out.
Kliko
I'm back.

@Bastard: Good luck with the RL issues/challenges
Bastard
Thanks... if everyone is caught up to where they need to be, I will try to get a post up sometime this weekend. It has been a busy last two weeks, and I got another one coming...

Looking forward to a couple days off in a row at the end of the month!
Bastard
Sorry for the long delay.

I was in a car accident and to take care of a few things, while being extremely busy at work. Got some more OT this week, but after that I should be posting with more regularity.

On top of that, my nephew went for a flying lesson, which went okay, except for the landing. He is okay, but broke both of his legs, so I have had to juggle a lot of family coming in from out of state. On the same weekend as that, one of my inlaws went in for a mastectomy due to breast cancer.

As you can see, it has been a hectic few weeks, and at the same time I have been car shopping, since my insurance totaled out my vehicle. oh joy.

Thanks for being patient with me.
galenbd
Sounds like your attack of life was pretty intense. I hope everything works out well. Many GMs don't come back after such things. I appreciate your dedication to this game in spite of adversity.

Galen
Kliko
And, any new wheels yet?
ntwi
Argh, the Army really annoys me at times these days. Someone else got injured, so my unit juggled training slots around, and I now leave in few hours for 29 days of training. At this point, please do not wait for me, and simply NPC Felix through this as needed. The most likely thing that I see him needing to do, is summoning a new city/air spirit (all services expended on the old ones once I left the domain) and possibly going astral himself to keep any astral followers away from the getaway vehicle.

Once again, sorry for the short/no notice, but when the Army says "Go" I gotta go.

NTWI
Bastard
Not a problem, NTWI. At the rate we are going lately, you'll only be missing 5 minutes of game time! biggrin.gif

Everyone is doing okay. My sister and her brood drove home Thursday, and a bought a car on Friday, plus got our little hoopty commuter up and running. So all is good, except for my exhaustion. Thanks for asking.

galenbd
@Bastard It seems like you posted IC so that we are all in a wait state. Did you intend for us to proceed or is there more coming?

Galen
Bastard
If anyone has anything to add, do so. I can bump forward if everyone is good.
Mister Juan
Nothing to add on my end!
I also wanted to give everyone a quick heads up that I'll be moving on the 1st of July, but if all goes well, it shouldn't really change anything about my online presence wink.gif
Kliko
lets do the *bump* smile.gif
galenbd
I'm happy to move forward.

Galen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012