Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
If it is something you can do without a utility, then you can do it, with a higher TN.

Who has the passkey Mrs Johnson provided?
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 25 2011, 05:54 PM) *
Who has the passkey Mrs Johnson provided?
I think Kliko and Ludmilla will have it with them.
Plan looks solid enough.
galenbd
I had a thought last night.

SECURITY COUNTERMEASURES 1435 JULIET
NOTE: Charlie’s recon noted the camera is old and seems stationary, pointing north, sitting right above the door
Juliet hacks into camera/security system
Juliet hacks elevator system if there is a connection

When I disconnect the camera to install the tap, the monitor will blank. They might send someone to investigate. We may need a contingency wait if someone comes snooping our on the roof. If Jamie is jacked in, she will not necessarily be able to see the person on the roof until he or she is close to the camera.

Galen
Kliko
Got Corsairs drone on overwatch.

Perhaps wait with Infil from Ludi and Kliko until 15 minutes after Jamie has full camera control.

The major risk is the camera's being so old they can't be used to jack in the camera-system...
Bastard
If there is nothing more for me to add, I will edit and finish my IC post tomorrow at first light.

Did everyone post their load outs?
ntwi
Weather forecast for the day?

Sunset time should not be a problem as we're going mid afternoon, but just double checking on that. (looks like sunset is 1929 on 7 April 2062 in Denver)
Bastard
Cold, overcast, possible flurries.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 28 2011, 01:45 AM) *
Cold, overcast, possible flurries.

I like the cold, means guards are not to inclined to check outside wink.gif

I posted my loadout in post 1061443, but can't link there from my computer@work.
Bastard
I think I just need Felix'sisesisss
ntwi
QUOTE (ntwi @ Apr 17 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Felix will be going blue collar, wearing a winterized Industrious coverall over his FFBA. The T-250 will be loaded with stun shells and in the vehicle, along with another box of spare ammo.

Radio and Pocket Secretary in pockets of the coverall.
Bastard
Okay... updating my last IC post, bringing you up to insertion.

If you could include any necessary rolls like galen in this post, that is actually pretty helpful, and leaves me less notes to follow.

QUOTE (galenbd @ Apr 19 2011, 06:57 AM) *
She gets back in the car and drives around a little looking for anyone following her before she drives back to the safehouse.

If there are no further questions, post along!

EDIT

My last update has been posted!

I adjusted the times as suggested, giving Jamie more time, if needed, in the SECURITY COUNTERMEASURES section of the plan.

I also added section RALLY POINT-2, and a line under CONTINGENCY PLANS.
Kliko
Ok, so Corsair and Felix are up next?
Bastard
Jamie and Felix go to building, Invisible Jamie goes to roof and hacks security.

Corsair is already getting set up, to monitor his drones.

galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 2 2011, 05:47 AM) *
Jamie and Felix go to building, Invisible Jamie goes to roof and hacks security.

Corsair is already getting set up, to monitor his drones.

I had some confusion about the IC post as well, but the time suggested that we were 5 minutes from Jamie and Felix's initial insertion.

Galen
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ May 2 2011, 06:08 AM) *
I had some confusion about the IC post as well, but the time suggested that we were 5 minutes from Jamie and Felix's initial insertion.

Galen

Yeah. 1400 Rally Point, Felix and Jamie move to Insertion, and have Jamie in position on the roof around 1420, and ready to hack.

Go ahead and post forward to insertion and include rolls.
ntwi
Sorry for the delay, spent the weekend in the field and have a project presentation in another hour or so, so I'll post Felix when I get home later today (~4 hours or so).
Kliko
Haha, I'll see your post in the morning (I'm in a different timezone here wink.gif

@Galenbd: You're exiting a Gaz-willies Nomad, not a GMC
Bastard
No prob. I just got caught up, too, and finally got you guys bumped up to the mission!

Anyways, weekends always seem to be a slow point on dumpshock.
ntwi
Both spirits are Force 6. The city spirit will be guarding Felix and Jamie until they leave the City domain (if they ever do). The second one left Felix with two boxes of stun, but a nap on the drive over cleared that up (~24 minutes of rest).

~5 successes on the invis, no drain (Force 4 Improved Invisibility, spell pool on casting)
~2 successes on the levitate, 1 or 2 boxes of stun from this spell (Force 2 Levitate, spell pool split between casting and drain)
galenbd
@nwti Did you intend to drop the Invisibility on Jamie once she was in place? We had discussed there might be a guard coming up to look at the camera.

Galen
ntwi
It's a question of timing and the watcher spirits. I'll keep it up as long as I can, but I have to drop the confusion before a spirit wanders into the ward, and have to drop the spells when I drop the confusion.
galenbd
If it's going to be a problem, it's fine to drop it. I just wanted to understand the plan when the guard shows up. I'll just have to Stealth it.

Galen
Bastard
The line on the camera is a simple tv coax cable. I'm not sure if your kit can tie into it our not, but you will be able to use electronics or B/R.
galenbd
My kit does not need to tie in. My dataline tap needs to. The kit would be used to attempt that.

Galen
ntwi
Umm... I thought we had gone over this awhile ago, per the SR3 FAQ
Do you see yourself when you’ve cast Invisibility on yourself? What about others you cast it upon?
Invisibility affects everyone–caster, subjects and bystanders–alike. In order to see someone who is invisible, the viewer must successfully resist the spell. This applies to the caster and anyone made invisible by the spell.

So unless you rolled more than 7 successes on a TN 4 perception test, you can't see yourself. (whoops, forgot about the background count, so you need to beat 5 successes against TN 4)
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ May 3 2011, 10:06 AM) *
My kit does not need to tie in. My dataline tap needs to. The kit would be used to attempt that.

Galen

Does the dataline tap work on all information lines? Old phone, dsl, hdmi, etc?

Where are the rules for this?
Kliko
They only diversify between fiberoptic cables and datalines.
Don't think they diversify in the rules.

Gameplay-wise I'd say it goes, alternatively we can ask same on the OC forum?
galenbd
I suspect the game designers didn't want to tie the description of a dataline into reality.

On page 51 of Matrix, I found the effect on the decker when they try to hack an archaic system. It has no description of how to connect in to an archaic system.

Interestingly, I also found instructions for installing a dataline tap on page 33. It's Electronics B/R (4).

Please recall that Jamie is an insertion decker. She does what she is doing for a living. According to her background she's an old hand at this. I would assume she would have the adapters needed to interface with almost any system she runs across. Cult of the Dragon is not that old as an organization, though the building very well could be.

Galen
Bastard
I would not automatically assume that a kit would be stocked with everything needed to interface with equipment that is out of date by over 30-40 years, and basically obsolete for the past 20-30. If you varied an adapter, connection and/or converter for every electrical, video, audio and data, you would have a very heavy bag. Even so, the matrix generally does not run through these cables, though I would assume with the right converters it could at a slow rate.

Also remember the descriptions I have given of the building, area, and three camera, along with the research/legwork. This is an old warehouse built over a century ago that is in the industrial district. The CotD just purchased, or possibly leased the space.

Throughout my IC posts I told of the buildings age, along with certain things that were out of date. Some of it was just fluff to give you guys a feel, while some fluff actually included some important details (well not important detail, but maybe a hint, or lets call it useful fluff).

My ruling is that I do not believe you would have an adapter on hand, though Jamie sounds resourceful enough that you are welcome to give a try with some USE (unit-specific-engineering, aka jury-rigging).
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 4 2011, 06:38 PM) *
USE (unit-specific-engineering, aka jury-rigging).

I love this term. Did you enjoy making that up?

Ok, I posted to disassemble the camera. Was I successful?

Galen
Bastard
I didnt see a post.

I use it at work all the time, because jury-rigging is a big no-no, so I tell them it isn't jury-rigged, it's unit specifically engineered (and it wouldn't have to be if they didnt delete my work order 3 times).

My other slogan at work, when they won't fix something, or do something the way it should be is, "Safety second, then?"
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ May 5 2011, 08:07 AM) *
I didnt see a post.

The last line of my last post has an imbedded Electronic B/R roll to remove the camera case.

Galen
galenbd
I added another Electronic B/R roll into my recent post. The light blue is a bit of a pain to see. I'm really just trying to see if it's connected and if I can cobble together enough to install my dataline tap. Call it USE if you like. smile.gif

My Electronic B/R rolls have been good so far, but I don't expect my luck to last.

Galen
Bastard
There is no matrix connection. But it is data, so you were able to enter-somewhat, are you able to jack out safely?
galenbd
I should be able to Jack Out as a Free Action. There's no test for it unless I am being attacked by Black IC. I'll try it in the IC thread and post a roll here for Dump Shock just in case.

I had intended to check to make sure the dataline was interpreting the signal appropriately before jacking in, but this way may just save us some time.

If the maglock or the door is alarmed, I may be able to use that as a jackpoint. It should just be another slave node.

Galen
galenbd
I should be able to Jack Out as a Free Action. There's no test for it unless I am being attacked by Black IC. I'll try it in the IC thread and post a roll here for Dump Shock just in case.

I had intended to check to make sure the dataline was interpreting the signal appropriately before jacking in, but this way may just save us some time.

If the maglock or the door is alarmed, I may be able to use that as a jackpoint. It should just be another slave node.

Galen
galenbd
Dump Shock roll

Galen
Bastard
There is no maglock on this door. It is an old steel fire proof door that only opens from the inside. You would need a heavy duty slim jim and/or crow bar.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Apr 1 2011, 03:29 PM) *
19:36:26 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"From my aerial recon," Corsair interjects, "it looks like there is a stairwell access on the roof. There looked to be an camera similar to the one on the side door, old and stationary. If you use that as your insertion point, you may want to bring some heavy duty B&E tools. Many of those doors on old buildings like this don't open from the outside."

galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Mar 22 2011, 12:11 AM) *
Yeah, I think I only mentioned the outside ones before.

Outside:
Bubble above front door
One on each corner in the back
Old stationary cam over the canteen/side door

Inside Each of the following have bubbles:
Middle of foyer
Far corner of lounge (against outside wall)
Near corner of lounge (against outside wall)
Hallway by elevator/stair door
Canteen
Old stationary cams in each corner of warehouse

Jamie should know this, but don't recall us asking. Are the cameras in the back at roof height?

Galen
Bastard
Yep, a little lower than roof height. They are in darkened bubbles, so you cannot see which way they are pointing.
galenbd
I added two rolls in my latest IC post. I was tired of the light blue not showing up well, so I made them red so they would stand out. I can use a different color if you'd rather.

For the perception test, can I get a good description of the scene and the camera. I'm trying to figure out what it will take to get at the dataline.

Galen
galenbd
Can I tell at a glance how hard it will be to get to the dataline?

What's going on below?

Galen
Bastard
No, the cover is still on. Nothing is going on below.
galenbd
I had hoped to save my one Karma point for something more important. I think I will use it to turn the Electronic B/R Critical failure into a simple failure.

Galen
Kliko
QUOTE (galenbd @ May 10 2011, 10:17 AM) *
I had hoped to save my one Karma point for something more important. I think I will use it to turn the Electronic B/R Critical failure into a simple failure.

Or use team karma FTW! wink.gif
galenbd
I haven't been with this team very long. I didn't think I had team karma. That will also be better used by the guys at the tip of the spear.

Galen
Bastard
This is probably the tenth time I posted this, but...

If you change your forum settings to LINEAR, you will always have the first post of the thread on every page. This changes it for every thread, not just the one you click on. Here is how you do it:
[ Spoiler ]

This may help because my first OoC and IC post are continuously updated, have links to important events in the storyline, house rules, and other information that you may find helpful.

Also, in my signature, I keep a running count of the team Karma Pool, and a link to the OoC Evolution post. I usually uncheck the box, because too many sigs are annoying. If any combat starts, I will leave it in more often.

You will find under Karma Rules, there is no Individual Karma, it is all pooled together as Team Karma.

It makes it easier for me to track, and it helps the newer characters keep up with the experienced ones.
SneakyJoeKDB
QUOTE (Kliko @ May 6 2011, 02:00 PM) *
14:19:07 Friday, 7 April 2062 - East 58th next to Cult of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

'Drek, assumptions are the mother of all major clusterfucks'
Looking at Ludmilla 'be cool chummer, show some fraggin adaptability.' he triggers his slotted comm-system:

"Copy that Juliet, can you rig alongside the camera at the back and try that one?
If you can't deck it disable it, so they can't find out on short notice and get the frag out of there."

You up for the quick and dirty lobby extraction method yet? grinbig.gif Kliko can always hand Bubba a concussion grenade on his invisible way into the building. Or better yet we scrap the current plan and deliver a radio controlled cuncussion grenade in a pretty wicker basket with flowers? We can always use CS gas instead of smoke as well. I feel like our current plan has made too many assumptions and we will get hung up by more obstacles.
Well if you do want to scrub current plan below is my proposed outline of the other method.

1.) Bubba will place a Radio controlled concussion grenade in potted plant in the Lobby. Either brings one in or water and feed one that already exists in the lobby. This could be done by package or flower delivery.
2.) Invisible Ludi enters building on Bubba's fresh air break.
3.) Kliko attends sermon in Jedi robe.
4.) When Target enters lobby near plant, radio detonation is triggered!
5.) Ludi Pops CS gas at stair well and storage area hallway area.
6.) Kliko shuts lobby doors to lounge while dropping a CS grenade into the lounge and then dons gas mask.
7.) Sniper/Mage blasts back door camera.
8.) Getaway vehicle rolls up at back door.
9.) Kliko and Ludi with gas masks donned pick up target and carry target into canteen. One drops a smoke grenade as they leave lounge.
10.) Bubba ensures canteen exit is clear and provides back-up in Lobby if needed. Also carries target at this point.
11.) All exit with target at canteen back door and load up in Corsair driven getaway vehicle.
10.) Sniper/Mage provides cover from secure distant location.
Bastard
Camera is sort of like this, but not exactly. I chose this image because you can see the screws that will unlock the plastic bubble.
Kliko
@Sneaky: Not yet.

Plan in case of an abort is to try the sneaky approach at night.
Sensible people abort in case of to many difficulties. Besides, if Jamie manages to disable the rear-side camera we can move the SUV unseen to the loading ramp (at least outside of the camera's view).

That is critical for the current setup. Given time, the guards will notice the malfuctioning camera, make a round to verify outside and get back inside to order a service mechanic or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012