Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 10 2011, 06:27 AM) *
Yes, I know about the Denver Data Haven. I am not attempting to use that as a contact. I assume that there are a huge number of sites hosting data of various types.

There might be one hosting shipping identification that can be used to expedite transfer of goods from ocean to land through a port
There might be one tracking Urban Brawl player statistics to support fantasy Urban Brawl leagues.
There might be one advertising local security firms in the Denver area.

I have been trying to use the Data Havens knowledge skill to try and find an appropriate data haven for the search I'm about to run. Not to try and find the Denver Data Haven. If you don't think the way I'm trying to use the skill is valid, I'll desist.

Okay. Now I understand. Continue on.

BTW, I emailed ntwi my notes for the Matrix Run on Rocky Mountain Shipping.

A quick note that Jamie will discover quickly if you don't already know:
Azzie sector is an Orange-3 (using base Atzlan, because I can't find the Denver matrix info, but I believe it was the same if not higher).

Bastard
Any moves? So far you guys have mainly rolled recon for RMSC... get me rolls for the others and I will put them in the OoC, then we can get the game moving again.
galenbd
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 10 2011, 09:27 AM) *
@nwti Do you want to try that Matrix run via IM or post or email? I can make time Saturday or Sunday night.

I think this got buried. I'll be happy to try this again this week.
Kliko
Will put up rolls for the other targets tomorrow (at work.... embarrassed.gif )

Good to see things rolling forward again.
ntwi
Argh, I did miss that somehow. I'll send you a message and try to coordinate a time later this week.
Kliko
Ok, lets see,

Corporate office:
Intelligence (perception):
[ Spoiler ]

Security procedures (complementary skill):
[ Spoiler ]

Stealth (complementary skill):
[ Spoiler ]

Research lab:
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

galenbd
ntwi and I are planning the run against the warehouse for Friday. It may spill over into Saturday. I'll try to write it up over the weekend, but my time is tight.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Nov 15 2011, 11:22 AM) *
Ok, lets see,
Corporate office:
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Research lab:
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
I will add this to the Google doc tonight.

QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 15 2011, 11:24 AM) *
ntwi and I are planning the run against the warehouse for Friday. It may spill over into Saturday. I'll try to write it up over the weekend, but my time is tight.
Awesome. Is Jamie trying an outside run on the other two targets at some point also?
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Nov 15 2011, 03:27 PM) *
Awesome. Is Jamie trying an outside run on the other two targets at some point also?

I think it's too risky and too much IC between me and my target. I will want to find out if I can hack the warehouse and bounce from there to the research host without going through the Aztechnology chokepoint.
Bastard
Kliko and Corsair's Recon
QUOTE (Bastard @ Nov 15 2011, 12:27 PM) *
I will add this to the Google doc tonight.

Actually I will add this right here, along with some other info.

I am assuming that Corsair is able to do drone recon over the entire time of the recon.

Kliko and anyone who wants to tag along are doing a physical stakeout of the locations for a few days, and since no one else has made any Recon rolls, I will assume Kliko is the only one who has gone out. If anyone wants to say they tagged along, they will be going on the same days with him, and their rolls can compliment his.

Saturday - Sunday: Rocky Mountain Shipping Company
Monday - Tuesday: AzCorp
Wednesday - Thursday: Aztechnology Research Center

Friday is the run, or at least on RMSC.

Before I post results for your recon, is that how you want to proceed? Are other people assisting on the recon?

We will have the results of Jamie's run on the RMSC host next week. That will be finished Saturday afternoon in game time.
ntwi
Some rolls for my more in depth astral recon. I'll switch Sunday to AzCorp and Monday to RMSC so that we have patterns there over the weekend/midweek as well.

RMSC:
[ Spoiler ]

AzCorp
[ Spoiler ]

Aztechnology Research Center
[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
@Bastard; Sounds like a plan to me!
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Nov 17 2011, 12:15 AM) *
Saturday - Sunday: Rocky Mountain Shipping Company
Monday - Tuesday: AzCorp
Wednesday - Thursday: Aztechnology Research Center

Friday is the run, or at least on RMSC.

Before I post results for your recon, is that how you want to proceed? Are other people assisting on the recon?

We will have the results of Jamie's run on the RMSC host next week. That will be finished Saturday afternoon in game time.

It's my understanding that you are referring to Saturday, 8 Apr 2062. That was the day I spent doing search operations for Matrix legwork. Did you mean Sunday afternoon?
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 17 2011, 08:58 AM) *
It's my understanding that you are referring to Saturday, 8 Apr 2062. That was the day I spent doing search operations for Matrix legwork. Did you mean Sunday afternoon?
My mistake. I thought you were doing them both, but I didnt calculate any OOC time. So if that is when the time allows you to make the run, yes. If you can do it earlier, then let me know. Just was trying to keep everyone informed of what each character is doing.

I still dont know what Bubba and Ludi are doing in this time frame. Probably eating donuts and playing dress up. You can figure out which one is doing which... though I am now envisioning Bubba in a red dress and blond wig.
Kliko
Ok guys, lets get things moving again!
galenbd
I had a successful hack I need to write up. Hopefully I'll get that done by this evening. I'll also need to update the planning doc with new information.

My thanks to ntwi
galenbd
Ok, the Matrix run IC is up.

I got a inventory list. It lists transfer details, but nothing about what's actually on the pallets.
I got an emergency procedures doc. Maybe that will tell us what the expected response would be.
I have stills from each of the external cameras. The reveal how low-tech the internal operations are
I have a valid User account on the RMSC host.
I have a valid User account on the Sefeguard Security host incase we need it when everything goes down.

I will try to update the google doc with this data tonight.

I wonder what's next for Jamie?
galenbd
Updating the doc and found this. I'm not sure what this is asking for.

How much is wired and sent across the Matrix? Pls confirm, we have a scanner.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 21 2011, 07:28 PM) *
Updating the doc and found this. I'm not sure what this is asking for.

How much is wired and sent across the Matrix? Pls confirm, we have a scanner.

No link. What is your question exactly? Ask as if I were a child, because I have a child's mind.
Kliko
We have a radio-scanner.
galenbd
Sorry about the confusion. I did not provide it as a link. I tried to mimic the color of the text in the Mile High Mayhem doc. I think Kliko had asked this question. And now I see he has answered it.

By Sunday afternoon game time, Jamie will have no further legwork tasks. I can't really get into the research or HQ Matrix hosts from outside. I'll have to infiltrate with everyone else. She'll be coding in prep for those runs. I'll post those some time today.

If y'all come up with something you need her to do, let me know.
Bastard
Is Jamie going to attempt a run at the other two sites? It looks like she was unable to find a backdoor through the RMSC host, as it is a small company owned by Aztechnology, not a direct Aztech corp.

I am going to bump you all forward a bit.

I think everyone is still around. Sneaky is going to be spotty, he just had his 30th offspring. I am going to be spotty in Jan/Feb, where I will be working everyday.

I will try to post all your recon this weekend that I assume you have done. May not be as specific as you guys like, but I got to push you all ahead.
galenbd
I found a backdoor to the security system, but not the research host directly. I could push through and try to find a way into the research host. I have been assuming I was infiltrating and hacking from on site.

I could do the hack, but I don't want to hold up the group while I do it. Given that, I think it would be better to go ahead with the infiltration.

I plan on coding until Friday unless y'all really want me to try for it.
Bastard
QUOTE (galenbd @ Nov 24 2011, 05:01 PM) *
I found a backdoor to the security system, but not the research host directly. I could push through and try to find a way into the research host.

There is no backdoor through the security to the other two sites. I am not sure what you are referencing here. Maybe there was a miscommunication between you and ntwi, or ntwi and myself. You cannot access the other two sites from RMSC host.
galenbd
I never assumed there was a connection, but I thought it might be possible. Thank you for that clarification. That just means my choice was good. I'll try to post IC today.
Bastard
Okay. I am getting my notes into a word doc for NTWI for the other two locations for when you tap in.

Still need to put my drawing of the map on the computer ... frown.gif
galenbd
By 3 pm Sunday, Jamie has hacked the warehouse and build a rudimentary Evaluate Utility. Next task is Spoof.

Spoof utility
Rating : 1
Language : MatComDev
Design size : 3 Mp
Base Time : 3 Mp * 8 hours = 24 hours

Target Number : 1 +2 (no design) -2 (2x Memory) +1 (MatComDev) -1(Aptitude) = 1

Programming Suite 4,4,1 1 success here.

Programming Test 5,4,1,1,1,1 Ouch, 6 dice and 4 ones.
That yields 2 more successes for a total of 3. That means I need to spend 8 hours on this.

I have 2 more hours on Sunday before I start into overtime. I'll work 4 hours of overtime to bring me up to 4 total.
Monday, I'll start again in the morning which means I'll be done by 2 pm Monday, 10 Apr 2062
galenbd
Next up is to increase my Deception from 3 to 4.

Lets start with design
Rating 4 * multiplier 2 = 8 hours

I'll work 4 hours Monday and 4 OT hours Monday for 6 net hours. Then 2 more Tuesday. I should be done by 12 pm Tuesday, 11 Apr 2062.

On to coding. Here's hoping I roll better.

Deception utility
Rating : 3 to 4
Design size : 14 Mp
Base Time : 14 Mp * 112 hours =

Target Number : 4 -2 (2x Memory) +1 (MatComDev) -1(Aptitude) -2 Program plan = 0 or 2

Programming Suite 4,3,2 1 success from there.

Programming test 6,4,4,3,3,3 Oh, yeeaah. That's much better.

That brings me to 7 successes. It will take me 16 hours to finish this upgrade. I'll work 8 more hours on Tuesday and 10 more on Wednesday. I should be done by 8 pm, Wednesday, 12 Apr 2062

Now I can knock off and think about what I will do Thursday.
Bastard
I am sure ntwi understood all of that. wink.gif
ntwi
I did, it was all programming test to figure out how long it was going to take him to code new programs for his use.

The "backdoor" he found earlier was simply a connection from the RMSC host to the Safeguard Clients host rather than a backdoor.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Nov 25 2011, 09:42 PM) *
I did, it was all programming test to figure out how long it was going to take him to code new programs for his use.

The "backdoor" he found earlier was simply a connection from the RMSC host to the Safeguard Clients host rather than a backdoor.

Okay. That makes sense.

I am finishing up the second sheet. I will email them to you shortly. Let me know if I need to clarify anything. Matrix is not my strong suit!!!

EDIT

Notes sent
galenbd
Next utility is Scanner.

Scanner utility
Rating : 1
Design size : 3 Mp
Base Time : 3 Mp * 8 hours = 24 hours

Target Number : 1 +2 (no design) -2 (2x Memory) +1 (MatComDev) -1(Aptitude) = 1

Programming Suite 6,4,2 1 success here.

Programming test 6,5,5,4,3,2 Looks like 6 successes from this.
This should take 3 and a half hours. Looks like a light day for her. She'll take the rest of the day off from coding and do prep with everyone else.
Kliko
Just checked the google doc. I will prep an IC post for tomorrow.
galenbd
I'm out of town for the next week. I'll be back Monday. I should have connectivity, but my schedule may not allow me to get online consistently.
Bastard
Working on getting some maps that I can email you guys. Might be a while. I will bump you guys forward at that time to the end of the week.

Give me all the recon and what days you are doing it, and I will use that in the post and give an OoC result as well.

Feel free to add some IC posts through the week of game time.

Still been sick, but they think they have located the problem now, and I should be feeling better by the end of next week. I so hope so.

Also been crazy at work. Been working 5-6 days a week, 12 hour days, so my time off I have done a lot of sleeping... or watching tv since I cannot seem to stay asleep, but when I get on here to try and get some work done, I cannot concentrate. I have basically been completely zoned out for the past few weeks.

Things should slow down during the holidays, and hopefully I will be fixed by then, and I can get you guys ready for the actual missions! Though I have enjoyed what IC posts have been made, awesome posts from Juan as always, and Galen's matrix run was great!

Bastard
I have created a facebook group for the game. I thought this might be a great forum for posting images, links and live interaction.

If you do not have a facebook account, it is very simple. All it takes is an email address and you dont even have to use your real name.

When my maps are completed in electronic form, I will post them there.

EDIT

I have uploaded photos to the page - edited pictures from Google Maps.

IC post coming at the end of the week to bring us to the next Friday game time.
Bastard
IC Post is Up!

Sorry for the delays. Been extremely busy at work and still havent figured out what is wrong with me. Having a hard time staying focused. Reading and using the computer have been difficult, especially after being at the computer for 12 hour shifts at work, when I am not outside breathing in chemicals.

Another IC is coming soon, moving you to the next location.

A third at the third location, then I will turn it over to you guys at a 4th location to discuss your findings and make a plan.
Bastard
Sorry for my short posts and spottiness. Been real sick and the doctors havent exactly figured out what is wrong with me yet, right now they think its some genetic disorder. I go for more testing on Monday, and hopefully get some more meds. Been having constant light to moderate headaches all day long with severe concussion like headaches that come on out of no where, but are also caused by many things, including prolonged use of the computer (with bright or fast moving backgrounds) and physical activity... so concentrating is sometimes difficult. Sorry I have been so flaky... I was hoping this would have been resolved long before now.

Feel free to push the game forward from where I left off. Maybe someone wants to bring the team to another location to discuss all three targets.
Bastard
Role call?
ntwi
I'm here, currently on vacation in Europe so my connection has been spotty, depending on where I am. I had thought Kliko had the right idea with a quick, invis two people and set the charges in the warehouse, but it does seem sparse lately.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Dec 23 2011, 04:46 AM) *
I'm here, currently on vacation in Europe so my connection has been spotty, depending on where I am. I had thought Kliko had the right idea with a quick, invis two people and set the charges in the warehouse, but it does seem sparse lately.

No problem.

I got turnaround where I will be working 8 on 2 off 12-13 hour shifts through Jan-Feb, and still working through medical issues.
Kliko
Yeah, I have been occupied with Christmas celebrations and the like.
I'm without an internet connection next week.

I'll pick things up in the new year again.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting! But a happy holidays nonetheless!
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Dec 27 2011, 03:47 AM) *
Yeah, I have been occupied with Christmas celebrations and the like.
I'm without an internet connection next week.

I'll pick things up in the new year again.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting! But a happy holidays nonetheless!

No probs... still working out RL stuff on my end.
galenbd
I'm around this week
ntwi
The first run seems pretty straightforward, what time should be on the timestamp for final prep/execution for the run?
Kliko
Friday night I guess. Pick your time biggrin.gif
Bastard
Up to you, but Friday is good.
Kliko
Time for some Rock and Roll people. How is your healt situation developing Bastard?
galenbd
Today is going to be busy. I'll try to get something up tonight.
ntwi
If someone else feels like writing up picking up the gear from the drones, I was thinking of going in around 0100 or so.

City Spirit
[ Spoiler ]

Watchers:
[ Spoiler ]

Bubba:
[ Spoiler ]

Kliko:
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012