Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
It's an active skill and defaults to willpower! wobble.gif

@Bastard: I sent you the updated Character-file.
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Don't worry about miscellaneous expenses such as every day food and bills. These are included in your lifestyle.

Wilderness Survival is an Active Skill, though you can also take other skills and specializations, such as Land Navigation, mountain terrain, arctic, etc.
blindfox
should we go ahead and proffer our pre-mission shopping lists to you, or wait?
Kliko
Lets do some more IC brainstorming wink.gif Everything goes as far Kliko is concerned. Otherwise we will indeed end-up hiking through the jungle. And as a player I'm not sure whether that is a good idea...
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
I'm not home yet, so I can't really post anything. But Kliko and I discussed a bunch of different "plans" last week. I'll try to sum it all up and post it here.
Kliko
@Juan: Feel free to add ideas in the IC. That was basically why I setup my IC-posting the way I did. Everybody gets a chance to contribute.
Bastard
Blarg... still working on this mass o questions... and moving them to IC.

When do you guys plan on getting on the plane at the latest?
Kliko
22:00:00 Saturday, 14 January, 2062
Bastard
Ok... long working weekend. Blarg.

Is everyone still around... it looks like Kliko still has some stuff going on... when you guys finish that, I will post my what-was-going-to-be-big-but-now-revised-and-trimmed-down IC post. It will take place after Kliko's meeting, so in order to keep the timeline from jumping back and forth, I will post all your legwork after.
Kliko
Yeah, I figured I'd bump the IC somewhat. Probaply best to work out a framework in the IC. We'll get our supplies and move-out the next day.
Bastard
Sneak - you did not specify who you were talking to with your etiquette so I just chose the best for each.

Jaruen - you around?

Kliko - thanks.
Bastard
Kliko... I put your safehouse in the outskirts of Brentwood (between Antioch/Brentwood and Stockton) off Highway 4.
Kliko
Guys, pls advise whether you intent to add to the IC-brainstorm/planning. Otherwise, Bastard can bump the IC until we leave for French Guyana.
Bastard
Yes. Thanks Klik.

If you are not going to add to Kliko's IC storyline, let us know so I can post the IC I have ready.
blindfox
im getting ready for work atm but i may be able to post a short one later while im there. although its just gonna be for flavor since i already aired the questions im gonna have him ask. kliko and ludi are doing excellent as is smile.gif
Kliko
Blindfox, pls feel free to do so. I will post a final planning/preparation IC tomorrow in order for Bastard to proceed with the run.
SneakyJoeKDB
I find it difficult to add to the IC planning session because we do not have the valuable information from the leg work and the Johnson. It is like we are planning blind. I assume when we have more information we will have a new plan anyhow. I suspect this is what is holding everyone up.
Bastard
how does kliko know about devil's island and kouru site? are you reading my adventure book?
SneakyJoeKDB
It's none of your business... from you in the IC:

Kliko is quickly surfing the matrix database for all information on Kourou and French Guiana

Under economy 25% of GDP comes out of Kourou space center.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Guiana

http://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/kourou/

Now I dont know how he came up with devils island...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Island
Kliko
I don't have any of the adventure books nyahnyah.gif
Sneaky is dead on, they were basically my first google hits. (see also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kourou).

I willl post an IC in the course of the day.
blindfox
word.
Bastard
Yeah... that is where I am getting my information.
Bastard
Hey Kliko - can you give me another matrix search.
Kliko
Matrix-search:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
When you guys are done with the meet... my IC has you guys leaving, so let me know OoC when you are ready to dispatch with your countless questions/legwork.
Kliko
I think we're ready to pack up and head-out. All we really have to do is some more shopping and prep pack-lists for our individual characters.
Bastard
Kliko - You made remarks about Kourou being small - but your legwork has not been completed IC yet, and it is actually a decent sized city in 2062

This is right after your meet, and all the questions the PCs asked all take place after the group disbands.

This is why I was saying:
QUOTE (bastard)
how does kliko know about devil's island and kouru site? are you reading my adventure book?
Your characters have not done any legwork yet.

My IC post is somewhat contradictory (like when Kliko looks at Kourou on the matrix), but that is okay.

I will try to be more clear next time when giving you guys information in the OoC that your characters do/would not know yet

EDIT - Nevermind... I see the post where you were surfing the matrix - I was looking at the OoC questions you sent me. I am a bad, bad, wicked gm.
dead.gif
Kliko
No problem. I made alot of presumptions based on the wiki, figuring that would be somewhat available between the meet and the crew's planning. At least here are the items Kliko will try to acquire beforehand:

- 1x big zodiac (inflatable skiff) big enough to carry 6-8 perons + outboard engine (alternatively 2 smaller skiffs would suffice as well)
- 6x Camouflage full suits (jungle)
- 5x Combat webbing
- 6x backpacks
- 6x Hammocks, mosquito nets, tarp
- 6x Survival kits, canteens, messing the works
- 6x Machetes
- Rating x Knowsoft on Guyana's wildlife
- SAS survival handbook in datasoft format
- 3x Water distilliation equipment
- Self-heating rations for six persons covering for a week.
Bastard
Posting IC now. I am copying and pasting it from word, so then I have to go back through and edit it, to get all the bugs out.

If you see anything that I wrote that contradicts your character, let me know how to edit it so it fits.

There will be a second post afterward, so give me a few minutes for my double post.

grinbig.gif
Kliko
Ah well, yes... a fraggin ARKOLOGY!!! rules uit Devil's Island for sure... I figured Devil's Island would have been abandoned by 2061... Something about major fuckups and assumptions etc...
Bastard
The Arkoblok is not abandoned yet... as the cannon storyline happens in late 2061, but can be run all the way through the first quarter of 2062.
Kliko
I meant the antique prison/penal colony rotfl.gif
Bastard
Oh. I see. Well... grinbig.gif

I am entering the next IC shortly... I got to add in results from your last post too.
Bastard
OK... done in IC

Some of this is recap from what you already know. All the characters have learned this in their matrix-surfing.

FRENCH GUIANA

French Guiana is often referred to simply as Guiana these days; the "French" part of the name was used mainly to distinguish the territory from neighboring Guyana, which is now just another part of northern Amazonia. In fact, French Guiana is one of the few areas of northern South America which has not been conquered by Amazonia, though it is surrounded by Amazonia on three sides (with the Atlantic Ocean on the fourth). This is not because of Amazonia's lack of interest or Guiana's strong defenses, but because French Guiana is, as the name implies, a protectorate of France, and the Amazonian government is unwilling to take on Europe for less than a hundred thousand square kilometers of land.
Guiana's physical resources are minimal; other than subsistence agriculture, the main industrieds are forestry and gold mining, neither of which generates a great deal of income for the nation. Its main asset is actually its location; the country sits almost directly atop the equator, which makes it ideal for lauchning rockets into geostationary orbit. In addition to Proteus' offshore facility, the former European Space Agency (ESA) base in Kourou is now owned by Saeder-Krupp. Novatech is currently building its own launch facility outside of Cayenne.
The population of the country is strongly divided between the small percentage of wealthy, highly-educated corporate employees who work at the various aerospace facilities, and the poor, uneducated masses who operate Guiana's farms, lumberyards and mines, if they're lucky enough to have a job at all. In respect, it's actually fairly similar to the UCAS, except that the poor are even poorer in Guiana. Crime, alcoholism, drug and chip use are rampant among the lower classes, and while there is a lot of resentment towards the privileged corporate suits, the corporate facilities are sufficiently well-defended to ward off any would-be trouble makers.
French is the country's official language, but most of the population actually speaks French-Amerindian creole. English is also widely spoken. Yellow fever and rabies are fairly common, and vaccinations are recommended. Travelers are also advised to stay away from local milk and dairy product, and to stick to bottled water outside major metropolitan areas. --- Brian Schoner
blindfox
off-handedly and as an aside, every time i left the states i got vaccinated for hep a, hep b, typhoid, anthrax, small pox, and a couple others that are complex enough for me to never remember what they're called nyahnyah.gif. and they always gave us malaria pills, bug repellant, chapstick, foot powder, etc.
Bastard
yeah... but does your character know what shots he has gotten?
Kliko
Who cares? we'll get them anyway. View them as an investment cool.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Shots? Why does a fat troll need shots?
Bastard
Sounds like Bubba is afraid of needles.
Kliko
Since 50 yrs. of further evoltion makes these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaria mosquito's very nasty fraggers!

Don't worry about the needles. We'll get Bubba his favorite donut after the jungle-cocktail of shots.
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
that just might work...
Bastard
For all the gear you guys are trying to acquire, I need:

Gear
Amount
Cost
Street Index
Availability
Kliko
Ok guys, here goes. Feel free to add the equipment Kliko asked you to acquire + costs

Shopping-list:
- 1x big zodiac (inflatable skiff) big enough to carry 6-8 perons + outboard engine, to expensive
- 6x Camouflage full suits (jungle); street index 1.0, availability 5/36 hrs, cost 1,200
- 30 m^2 camloufage netting; street index 1, availability 4/48 hrs, cost 450
- 4x Combat webbing(load bearing harness); street index 1.25, availability 4/48 hrs, cost 36
- 6x backpacks; street index 1, availability 2/12 hrs, cost 100
- 6x Hammocks, mosquito nets, tarp; street index 1, availability 2/12 hrs, cost 150
- 6x Survival kits, canteens, messing the works; street index 1, availability 2/48 hrs, cost 100
- 6x Machetes; street index 1, availability 3/36 hrs, cost 225 (same availability as a survival knife, but cut costs 1/2)
- Rating 2 Knowsoft on Amazonia wildlife/survival, etc.; street index 1, availability 4/4 days, cost 1,500
- SAS survival handbook in datasoft format; nuyen 50 on 2062-equivalent of Amazon.com
- 3x Water distilliation equipment; aprox 30, nuyen per set
- 72x Self-heating rations; street index 1, availability 4/48 hrs, cost 5
- Condoms (lots of them), plastic trashbags

Total cost: nuyen.gif 13,289
Bastard
Thanks Kliko
SneakyJoeKDB
How well would a "Laser Crescent Axe" do in chopping through the woods/jungle? Is it an actual laser? If so, Bubba may not need a Machete.

Also, Bubba would like to know if there is anything else the party may need for stomping through a Jungle...

Lots of Salt?

Wilderness Survival Roll:

[ Spoiler ]
Kliko
To be honest the machetes are there just for flavor and sheer practicality in the jungle. Besides, when did you plan on recharging the batteries?
SneakyJoeKDB
Well that's a crappy weapon... should have bought a combat axe, if I remember the name correctly...
Bastard
Yes, there are two welding lasers, one mounted on each side of the blade. The aim down the blade intersecting each other just beyond the blade's edge.

However, they are easily knocked out of alignment (2d6 upon every strike where if the result is lower than the impact armor of target they are knocked out of alignment reducing damage to [STR]M).

The charge only lasts 2 hours of continuous use.

See Cannon Companion page 8 for more details.

I do not see why you could not use it, it is a single handed weapon, and you can just turn the lasers off, and suffer the consequences if you knock them out of alignment until you can repair them.
Kliko
I never really understood how it affects especially awakened creatures with the welding axes and all?
SneakyJoeKDB
What ever happened to the old standby combat Axe... If I remember correctly, it was from "Fields of Fire" and was every bit as good as the Laser Crescent Axe without the battery and laser alignment problem?

Back when I walked naked both ways up hill to school in the dead of winter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012