Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
@Bastard: Lets keep up the momentum and move things forward. Lets see what Radek is up to.

@ntwi: I'll definately put some of my next karma in Knowledge: magic wink.gif
klinktastic
I'll be keeping a look out on the park with my Condor which has sensor 4, enhanced sensor 2, and clearsight 2. Let me know if I see anything unusual going on in the area of meet.
galenbd
Matrix rolls
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Kliko, I just checked the street you mentioned... that is incorrect. It should be the park at the entrance on Mitchell Canyon Road. You are leading the team to a high school! In the words of the great General Ackbar "It's a trap!" If you go there, you might meet Chris Hansen.

Here is where you want to go.

Something I should mention about the Bay Area, as you will see from this google map, from about June - September/October, all the hills are brown and yellow dead grass... and then from October - May it is all green, green, green and beautiful.

Someone's picture on Somersville Road (Point A location, Point B you can see the old farm house and school from mid 1850s to early 1900s). Here is my picture at point B, and just past point A.

Mt Diablo in the Summer (from Lafayette looking North East). Mt Diablo in the Winter (from the Corsair's eye in the sky over Suisun [pronounced Soo-soon] and the beautiful Sacramento River... yes it is that brown). WikiMtDiablo
Kliko
Oops embarrassed.gif , thats at the very edge of our radio range.
[ Spoiler ]
We'll just have to roll with it I guess. I did have some signal amplipfiers in my NSRCG gear list, but can't find them in my character-dossier. We could use one to boost Jamie's flux and trust the parks elevation to give us that little extra range needed.
Bastard
You can move them closer... I should have checked prior.

Kliko
ok, I have nothing to add really. Can you roll us forward?
galenbd
Did we really move that much further away? I have a 2 Km range on the micro transmitter I'm using.

Galen
Bastard
Will try... busy day at work. If not today, tonight.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 29 2010, 02:11 AM) *
Oops embarrassed.gif , thats at the very edge of our radio range.
[ Spoiler ]
We'll just have to roll with it I guess. I did have some signal amplipfiers in my NSRCG gear list, but can't find them in my character-dossier. We could use one to boost Jamie's flux and trust the parks elevation to give us that little extra range needed.

How much is the signal amp? Ludi might still have enough cred to get one.
Kliko
Signal amp doesn't cost to much, but we should be in the clear with Kliko's gear. I guess i screwed up somewhere in converting the NSRCG to the Character-dossier.
ntwi
I'm presuming the application for a visitor visa is a very simple one, as they certainly want people to go to Vegas still. In Native American Nations Volume 1 it states that worker for Vegas get priority speed for their work visas, so it would make sense that either visitor visas are simple forms or the passport stamp is all you need.

I guess vacations are one advantage of being a less nuyen.gif dependent character type.
Kliko
lol, You have any idea how much vacations like that costs with Kliko's offspring! eek.gif

@Galenbd: Make a computer (tn4) test. That should get you the results you need.
galenbd
Here ya go.

Galen
Kliko
Great! 3 succeses. This is what you get:
[ Spoiler ]

As far as Ute visa's are concerned, follow ntwi's post.

-EDIT-
Ok, lets roll things forward. Kliko will propose to drive all the way to Denver, requesting the visa's as they go. Its a two day drive and Kliko will insist on having Ludi as a passenger for at least the first day. They obviously have to talk over some stuff. There's two more seats (or one in case of Bubba) in the back of his Land Rover.
Mister Juan
Ludi's main concern about the whole thing, and she'll voice it once Radek goes, is that they have no idea what to bring with them. Since we won't have the details of the job until we actually get there, we either have to make a choice right now about what we'll pack, pack EVERYTHING (which is sort of insane unless we have like a plane and are sure not to go by customs...), or split the team in two.

For gaming purposes, I know that having some people not come to Denver for the original meet sort of sucks. I would much prefer if everyone went there, so everyone can play that part of the run nyahnyah.gif BUT we might want to consider having a few people stay behind in SF until we know what we're getting into. This way, those that hung back in SF can meet the rest of the team in Denver afterwards, bringing whatever gear we need with them.

Personally, I'd be more for this approach. We get a small, 2 or 3 max, to drive to Denver with next to no gear. They conduct the meet, and can start getting some groundwork done (setting up a safehouse, legwork, etc...). Once we know what the run is, the rest of the team packs the necessary gear and joins them in Denver.

Anyways! That's just my 2 cents! I'm pretty much open to any plan wink.gif

Ludi also has a handful of contacts that might provide either addtional contacts in Denver, or maybe even visas for the different sectors.

@Bastard
Ludi will get a picture of Radek, by the way.

klinktastic
I'll wait around in Cali until we get word. Send the face, the hacker, and the muscle....and maybe the mage if you think you'll need the astral support.
Kliko
I'm all for compromising (also for playability). We best move out with a basic set of gear and be flexible. We setup a cache in the Ute (because moving in/out of Denver appears to be the challenge here), meet the other J and hear him out. Then we decide on the best course of action, perhaps even obtaining some gear through him or a local contact. Overall we should limit our local exposure where possible.

A two day lag (due to the distance) between the next meet and the job may not be a possibility.

-EDIT-
Time to do some planning, then roll forward. 680 Garcia Avenue is a run down commercial building especially suited for small start-up businesses. The rent is cheap and as long as you pay off the local gang, they won't bother you. You'll find the place locked up before Kliko arrives, but once insisde it makes for a snug enough workshop. Various general work tables and racks filled with non-descript boxed equipment. Boxes look very much like used mil-spec crates and stuff like that (straight form your local dump-store). There's a kitchenette of sorts in one corner with a bureau including a hideously outdated cyberterminal, but... comfortable synth leather office chair which looks like someone has been hanging around in it way to often.

-EDIT 2-
Bubba and Ludi obviously recognize the adress as Kliko's 'office' or workshop.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 1 2010, 05:26 PM) *
@Bastard
Ludi will get a picture of Radek, by the way.

Okay.
Mister Juan
@Kliko
That's the same workshop the team used to plan their pervious run, correct?

@All
Since it looks like we're in for a roadtrip, I thought it might be a good idea to tally up the vehicule/drivers we have at hand.
Ludi is a pretty decent driver (skill at 3 or 4 I think...) and has a sports car. Not the most spacious of car, but it can still carry two people. It also has enough conceal armour to tough out a pretty rainy day.

ntwi
@All
Felix can drive passably but his subcompact has only a single seat, not so much designed for road trips. But then he doesn't need to pack much either.

Felix is also a light packer as far as gear goes, not caring too much if he uses his own shotgun or grabs a random one somewhere. He will lean towards being in the advance party, simply in that he's not used to smuggling gear across borders given his own lack of need (for the most part). Given the cold reaction from certain members of the party (Ludi) he would rather not spend the entire road trip in her sports car with her.

Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 2 2010, 09:53 PM) *
@Kliko
That's the same workshop the team used to plan their previous run, correct?
Correctomundo.

Kliko drives a Land Rover 2046 model van with enough concealed armor to shrug of most small arms fire and some other tricks to evade pursuit. He's a proficient driver and actually quite proud about his rides comfortably leather seats, especially concerning his meta-human background. He'll suggest rotating passengers along the different cars so people get to know eachother better. Though there might be only a few rides that comfortably fit Bubba in the back.
galenbd
Jamie is a modest driver. She's got 2 points. However, she has no car. Since we will be needing intel, Jamie expects to be in the advance party. She can also create secure calls home.

Galen
klinktastic
Seeing as I'm the rigger with 2 vehicles, I can definitely drive our supplies to the Ute depo and then to Denver upon acceptance of the mission.
galenbd
I can't be the only one with Computer skills. Basic search information is TN of 4. Anyone with 3 or 4 points of computer should be able to handle it. I doubt we know enough about our task to start a detailed search. Given how long searches take, we're going to be hurting if I'm the only one doing them.

Galen
klinktastic
Computer 5 here, but no access to invisable castle at work (fucking blocked)....
Kliko
Yeah, well, fortunately we use the honor system. You'll find a reasonable dice-roller here
klinktastic
Roll for data search on Denver. Computer 5 results in....

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Computer skill-wise, I think Ludi has something like 3.

@Bastard

I'll have a list of contacts - request with rolls up tomorrow.
Bastard
Wow... A lot of posts today!!!

@ Jamie/galenbd - BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) is not a bus - it is a train. It only rides along main freeways, so you will also being paying for buses and cabs to and from BART stations. Please reference the link and information I provided in my previous Post #1411

Google map from one (future) Bart Station, past Klikos to (future) BART station (which is still not built, but promised to be completed by 2002). Not to mention getting from mid Clayton, HWY 4, but we will assume there is a line down Ygnacio Valley Road.

As you can see, that is quite a walk, in addition to a BART trip that will take at least 15-30 minutes. This is why I strongly urged characters to start with some sort of transportation, since the missions would cover the entire Bay Area.

Here is a map with some points on it, just for reference for the size of the area. Imagine the East Bay as jam-packed as San Francisco in 2060.
A - Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
B - Jack London Square, Oakland
C - Mitchell Park, Mt. Diablo, Clayton
D - Kliko's Safe house, Pittsburg
E - Black Diamond Mines, Antioch
F - Stockton
G - Sacramento
H - San Jose

Click the Public Transit button and google maps as a helpful time estimate tool. Remember there will be more traffic in 2060.

When you guys post, you can backdate your timestamps so you aren't always walking in late, just because you were unable to post. We can always go back and do minor editing to keep continuity.

I will add some info/legwork to the IC after you all conclude your meeting.

By the way, Kliko, you mentioned MW 2060. Are you on MW2 on the PS3?
galenbd
I did try to reference the BART map. I used the quick planner on the BART website. It told me only 10 minutes from Clayton to Pittsburg. I even made sure I used the correct times in my post. I do not doubt I got the walking distances wrong. It was late and I was in a hurry to post.

If I can respec the Programming Suite, I can probably get a car. I've discovered it adds Complementary dice, not directly, which makes a 3 no better than a 2.

Galen

Bastard
Yes, but the Clayton station is not near YOUR location. Just wanted to clarify that it isn't a bus. Don't change your character now, but remember that you have to prep a lot of time for travel if you are going to rely on public transport. The line only runs down the major freeways (4, 24, 680/242, 580/880, 80, 101/1, 5/205). I know you don't know the area, so that is why I posted some maps. We can always go back and edit the ICs as necessary. Not trying to sound too harsh, but that is the problem your character will have to deal with being car-less. grinbig.gif

Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Nov 3 2010, 10:22 PM) *
By the way, Kliko, you mentioned MW 2060. Are you on MW2 on the PS3?

Nope, I don't think my computer can handle MW2. I picked up Counter Strike: Source again recently.. cool.gif

Can't we just pick Jamie up at the library?
klinktastic
FYI, Corsair, the rigger has 2 Gaz-Willies, and has plenty of room to transport personnel. You can always hitch a ride with the new guy.
galenbd
I don't know that Jamie realizes she can get a ride with you.

Galen

Kliko
SIN's and other stuff I should have thought off at chargen. Fortunately, we yet have some team-resources left...

-EDIT-
If I'm rushing it pls say so. Just like to keep the pace up. I don't really think we can do anything further planning-wise until we disembark on our little road-trip through Ute and meet the J.
Bastard
Not rushing me... actually you're doing me a huge favor by pushing things along.
klinktastic
Awesome! I like the rapid action. Gives a sense of accomplishment.
Kliko
@Bastard: Can you brief galenb on what kind of travel arrangements are required for Sinn-ers and Sinless from/to Denver and through Ute?
Bastard
Yup... I am gathering my info, and going to post it in an IC.
galenbd
In my opinion, it's been quite a productive week. Unfortunately for the game, I will be out of town Friday and this weekend. I'm taking a train and don't know if I will have Internet access Friday or Sunday. I will try to put together a post that let's my character do searches while I'm not posting.

My character's priorities, in order, are:
Figure out what is needed to get everyone into Ute Nation.
Research if it's harder to get into the Ute Sector of Denver.
Understand what will be needed to get us back into the Ute Sector from the Denver Free Trade Zone.
Last, see if I can find out if something unusual has happened in Denver recently.

A couple of questions for my own understanding came to mind as I considered how to do this:
We're on a restricted time frame, so how do y'all handle more than 8 hours working on a task?
I assume each priority will be a search test. How many hours will each one take?

@Bastard Feel free to NPC Jamie this weekend. I'm digging the momentum we have.

Galen
Mister Juan
Got home ridiculously late from work... So no post for me tonight! Tomorrow, promised! nyahnyah.gif

I did have a few questions tho... Do we know when the meet is exactly? And where? Like... which sector do we actually need to worry about getting in and out of?

Concerning what vehicle we'll take, I would say Kliko's SUV, one of Corsair's Gaz and Ludi's car. In my opinion, three vehicle will allow us to cover pretty much everything we might need, and it'll be less cramped up for the driver over to Denver.
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 4 2010, 10:45 PM) *
Concerning what vehicle we'll take, I would say Kliko's SUV, one of Corsair's Gaz and Ludi's car. In my opinion, three vehicle will allow us to cover pretty much everything we might need, and it'll be less cramped up for the driver over to Denver.

Three vehicles definately. But my guess is we'll need both Corsair's Gaz-Willy's to bring along his drones as well. The advantage of the three SUV's is that we get some off-road capability. Bubba and Kliko can hike into Denver carrying illegal gear, though we might consider bringing only pistols and obtain additional firepower dependent on the run-profile.
klinktastic
Yeah, I was thinking I'd probably only need a condor. Probably leave the lynx, 2nd condor, and the roto drone at home. Depending on if you think we have time, I could disassemble the lynx, hide the guns, and reassemble it later if we need it or buy weapons to put on it later as well.
Kliko
Personally I would bring them all with you into Ute. Keep em there until the meet. And lets see what kind of job we have on our hands. Your character, your call klink Lets keep our options open.
Bastard
Big post is up regarding Jamie's legwork.
galenbd
Hey everyone,

I read over the legwork post. My understanding is that we will need SINs, but it doesn't give us an idea as to how good a SIN will be needed. If we are to purchase SINs, we really need to know how high we need to go. Rating will drive Availability and time frame.

EDIT:Also, how much time has Jamie spent so far?

Galen
Kliko
@Juan: You're up! Feel free write up our little road trip through Vegas and to Denver!

@Galenbd: Kliko is covered SIN-wise. His SIN's picture actually looks quite like him, but a lot younger. Its registered to some dude named Marcus Aurelius Hackman, date of birth is a lot younger too, so perhaps Kliko skimmed some nuyen on his SIN's expense...
SneakyJoeKDB
Where can I get the stats on the S-A M107 Machine gun that Bubba picked up? Trying to add it to my character sheet and then will send the updated character sheet off to you. Short story, Bubba will upgrade his stealth, add launch weapons, Culinary arts (Knowledge), and pending your approval a modified version of natural armor for his new edge.
Kliko
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Nov 8 2010, 04:39 PM) *
Where can I get the stats on the S-A M107 Machine gun that Bubba picked up? Trying to add it to my character sheet and then will send the updated character sheet off to you. Short story, Bubba will upgrade his stealth, add launch weapons, Culinary arts (Knowledge), and pending your approval a modified version of natural armor for his new edge.
I presumed he ditched it after French Guyana. Kliko will most certainly reccomend it to prevent trails leading back to the team (and to prevent D&D style loot and pillage type of play). The stats are in the Cannon Companion page 26.
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012