Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
SneakyJoeKDB
They are but the fully auto rules describe how you can burst fire. In the SR3 manual. Says you can declare the amount of bullets and burst size. At least that is how I interpreted it.
Kliko
That's correct, the only difference is that full auto is a complex action (burst fire is a simple action). You can 'walk' fir between different targets, so that works effectively the same for multiple targets, just not single targets. The good news is 1x 19D damage is generally better then 3x 13D.
SneakyJoeKDB
Well in this case since I rolled multiple times I'll use the first shot on the shaman and the second and third on spitting rats. I'll hit the Shaman with a larger spray on Bubba's next turn.
ntwi
Whoops, looks like it's about back to me. Let's try to keep those rat's off of Ludi shall we.

[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
I need Kliko and Bubba to roll Intelligence, adjustable by Combat Pool if you want.

I also need Initiative rolls from all. Remember to include any modifiers.

White=PC waiting
Green=PC ready to move
Yellow=Friendly NPC / GM controlled PC
Orange=Enemy NPC
Red=Dead / Neutralized
Bold Italic=Turn complete

INITIATIVE
23 Bubba
22 Duster
21 Starling
20 "Spirit"
20 Felix
18 "Shaman"
17 Ludi
16 V
13 Kliko
11 Rat Group 1
09 Rat Group 2
06 Rat Group 3
-----Round 2-----
13 Bubba
12 Duster
11 Starling
10 "Spirit"
10 Felix
08 "Shaman"
07 Ludi
06 V
03 Kliko
01 Rat Group 1

-----Round 3-----
03 Bubba
02 Duster
01 Starling
SneakyJoeKDB
Intelligence + 2 Combat pool
[ Spoiler ]

Round 3
HMG the Shaman - Making sure he's dead
5 rounds + 2 combat pool DMG code 15D
[ Spoiler ]

Initiative
[ Spoiler ]

ntwi
Initiative:
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
I guess I am rolling for Kliko still...

5 Intelligence + 2 Combat Pool [5,4,4,3,3,2,1]

INITIATIVE
22 Duster
21 Shaman
19 V
18 Bubba

16 Felix
16 Starling
12 Kliko
09 Rats Group 1
09 Rats Group 2
08 Rats Group 3
00 Ludi
----Round 2----
12 Duster
11 Shaman
09 V
08 Bubba
06 Felix
06 Starling
02 Kliko
----Round 3----
02 Duster
01 Shaman

Bubba, Kliko, Starling and V have all failed resisting a Chaotic World spell - They are hearing, seeing and feeling all kinds of distractions...
Kliko
I'm back! smile.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba's double tap occurred at the end of the last round before the new intiative. For his first move of the new intiative phase he will get up on the walk and look for the shaman HMG ready.

@Kilko, nice to have you back!
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Sep 6 2013, 07:38 AM) *
Bubba's double tap occurred at the end of the last round before the new intiative. For his first move of the new intiative phase he will get up on the walk and look for the shaman HMG ready.

Sorry. I forgot that... I really wasnt trying to cheat you out of a turn... honest. scatter.gif

I believe it was, Shaman (Chaotic World), Bubba (double tap), NPCs - New turn - NPCs, Shaman (invisibility), NPCs... Bubba's current turn.

Bubba is suffering from 5 successes on Chaotic World... I have to look up if the modifier is per success, or a constant. The SR3 book Grimore was not clear when I just looked at it. I should have noted it on the character notes. newbie.gif
ntwi
With the Spirit gone (for now), and the rats not seeming to be an immediate threat to Ludi, Felix will put all six dice from his spell pool into spell defense for the team, float over to above Ludi and see what's going on up front that has Bubba still sending HMG rounds downrange at cyclic.

For Chaotic World: These spells produce a storm of conflicting sensations and images to confuse the senses. For each success on the Sorcery Test, the subject suffers +1 on all target numbers from the distraction, up to a maximum equal to the Force of the spell. It also affects technological systems and sensing devices.

If I read that right, Bubba has a +5TN to everything he does... which makes just about anything a challenge.
Kliko
That's because its in the standard rulebook page 195.

It's a physical version of the mass confusion spell. How many succeses did the shaman get?

Anyhow, in case of doubt, CHARGE!
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Sep 6 2013, 03:54 PM) *
For Chaotic World: These spells produce a storm of conflicting sensations and images to confuse the senses. For each success on the Sorcery Test, the subject suffers +1 on all target numbers from the distraction, up to a maximum equal to the Force of the spell. It also affects technological systems and sensing devices.

If I read that right, Bubba has a +5TN to everything he does... which makes just about anything a challenge.

Thanks. That is how I thought it worked, but could not find the rule to verify. You are correct on Bubba's modifier.

QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 6 2013, 04:08 PM) *
That's because its in the standard rulebook page 195.

It's a physical version of the mass confusion spell. How many succeses did the shaman get?

Anyhow, in case of doubt, CHARGE!

Target was everyone's Intelligence, so the results vary. My notes are at home, but if I recall correctly, 5 successes vs Kliko and Bubba, 2 vs Star, V and Duster and only one of them resisted completely.
Kliko
Anyone of you guys ever played that game of turning 20 times around a cone and run!? (It's great fun, I suggest you try it with the kids)

I figure that's more or less how it works.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 7 2013, 01:35 AM) *
Anyone of you guys ever played that game of turning 20 times around a cone and run!? (It's great fun, I suggest you try it with the kids)

I figure that's more or less how it works.

While someone flashed a strobe light in your face.
ntwi
Felix's turn from above as I think it had gotten lost.

With the Spirit gone (I think), and the rats not seeming to be an immediate threat to Ludi, Felix will put all six dice from his spell pool into spell defense for the team, float over to above Ludi and see what's going on up front that has Bubba still sending HMG rounds downrange at cyclic.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Sep 7 2013, 09:33 AM) *
Felix's turn from above as I think it had gotten lost.

With the Spirit gone (I think), and the rats not seeming to be an immediate threat to Ludi, Felix will put all six dice from his spell pool into spell defense for the team, float over to above Ludi and see what's going on up front that has Bubba still sending HMG rounds downrange at cyclic.

Yup... catching up now... I dont post much from work anymore because my phone connection continues to worsen daily. I constantly lose my signal completely now.

EDIT

-Felix, can I get a Perception Test, and include modifiers for complete darkness please.
-Kliko still has his action from Round 1, though he cannot do much now
-I am ready for Felix, Bubba, and Kliko to move, the CW spell is sustained.
-The shaman has moved, but I will save his IC for later, as none of the characters playing would see it or be directly affected... only an NPC

INITIATIVE
22 Duster
21 Shaman
19 V
18 Bubba
16 Felix
16 Starling
12 Kliko
09 Rats Group 1
09 Rats Group 2
08 Rats Group 3
00 Ludi
----Round 2----
12 Duster
11 Shaman
09 V

08 Bubba
06 Felix

06 Starling
02 Kliko
----Round 3----
02 Duster
01 Shaman
ntwi
Cybernetic thermo adds +4TN in total darkness. Intelligence 6 = 1,1,1,5,5,11

Felix will go dual natured on his turn to remove any vision penalties for living things.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba is looking for the shaman HMG ready if he sees him and can confirm it is him he will fire a 5 round burst. You can roll what ever you need to in the background and IC accordingly.

CHARGE! Why the hell not?
ntwi
This is presuming that I still have LOS to the Shaman as he runs away, and presuming that Elemental Spells have a visual effect (which they should) as opposed to the invisible Stunball. Spell Pool is all on Spell Defense currently.

Force 4 L Ball Lightning
Sorcery 6 + Totem 2 = 8
TN = 4
1,1,1,3,4,5,6,6 = 4 hits
4L -> 4S damage (Physical, Electricity)

Drain code: F/2 (Damage + 2) Physical (on the astral plane all drain is physical)
4/2 (L+2) = 2S Physical
Willpower 6 =2,3,3,5,7,11 = 6 hits
2S -> No Drain
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba is going to blast the Shaman as soon as he sees him with everything he has left.

HMG 5 round burst + 4 Combat pool

[ Spoiler ]

Kliko
I've been back from vacation for a week and not even time to put a post up embarrassed.gif

Things should relax from tomorrow onward, so hopefully I can get an IC up then.
A new map would help greatly, because I don't have a clue which direction the shaman fled.
Bastard
Welcome back Kliko.

Kliko also sees the lighting bolt and where it hit.
Kliko
Oh boy, you know I have to? I can't resist this grinbig.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Did Bubba get his shots off and into the Shaman? Waiting to know what happend with his last burst before I IC or make another move.
Bastard
Bubba didn't/doesn't see him.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba will charge towards where the electricity hit.
ntwi
Levitating Ludi
[ Spoiler ]
SneakyJoeKDB
Duster and Starling are rat food? We could only help the redshirts for so long...
Kliko
More nuyen for us! (I'm not supposed to think that way am I? spin.gif )
SneakyJoeKDB
Well truthfully, I thought the same! We are shadowrunners after-all looking out for numero uno is what we do best. We serve teamates for self-interest and truth be told these folks are dead weight. Bubba is a little unique in that area as he has a soft spot for teamates due to his own abandonment issues. So he will IC accordingly.
SneakyJoeKDB
@Kliko
/insert Chris Farley impersonation, "What did you doo?"
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Sep 25 2013, 02:19 PM) *
@Kliko
/insert Chris Farley impersonation, "What did you doo?"

rotfl.gif
SneakyJoeKDB
Starling's body was shredded with APDS ammo? Was Kliko using APDS or was it just Bubba? UH OH!!!

eek.gif scatter.gif
Bastard
I thought Kliko was using APDS as well, but Bubba was firing wildly...

So...

Time for me to fast forward a bit?

Kliko
Yup, lets roll forward. How much of our armor degraded due to the acid attacks?
Bastard
I will try to get a bump IC up tomorrow night. I have to go over my notes and I need to get an updated map posted at the same time.

I also need to check my notes on the armor degradation to everyone. I believe it's only Bubba, because you all scared off all my baddies before they could do any real damage, even though the spirits write force 8, and the toxic rat shaman was a 185 BP character.

Jerks.

SneakyJoeKDB
Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg1OPaggGVE

Bubba shooting wildly? Nah... he only aimed at his dad, and the shaman, and several big rats that were all in front of him. He never fired once the Shaman ran cause he could never see him. By the way is Bubba still in pursuit of said Shaman or has he lost all trace of him?
Kliko
Yeah I youtube'd his reference wink.gif

Even with only suppresive fire you could have done even more damage! (You don't really need to see your targets anymore and just suppress a general area).
SneakyJoeKDB
I will read up on the sppressive fire rules so I can include it in my arsenal going forward.
Bastard
Been a busy, week at work. I should be off on Wednesday, and should bump us forward then.

Sorry for the delays. Again.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Sep 27 2013, 02:45 PM) *
Yup, lets roll forward. How much of our armor degraded due to the acid attacks?

From the PC's, only Bubba suffered a corrosive attack.

Bubba has -2/-2 armor.
SneakyJoeKDB
Sure soften the tank! nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (SneakyJoeKDB @ Oct 3 2013, 11:11 AM) *
Sure soften the tank! nyahnyah.gif

Working on it.

I will try to get something up in the IC tomorrow... I just cleaned off my desk today and threw away old notes regarding will-o-wisps and religious nuts...

As Bubba would say, Me's gotsa no mores donuts in fronts of me's! (I have a clean plate/slate)
Bastard
I will have more later, if no one has anything to input. You are now at Point I on the Map.
Bastard
Kliko, can you edit your post?

Time stamp added 30 minutes. Can you double check the distance, too... I have it listed at 600 meters in my notes, but I may have been measuring from where I put the station, and not the length of the road.
Kliko
No problem.

Done, I intended to ove it 30 seconds forward, but was just to exhausted yesterday.
Bastard
Updated OoC Map Links
SneakyJoeKDB
You bumped us so far ahead Bubba never got closure on his chasing after the Shaman and dealing with the dead Starling. There could have been some good IC there. Anyhow, I will IC some time today.

Edit: IC up! Rally the team Kliko!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012