Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
galenbd
Given the difficulty getting paperwork, I expect we will have to run the borders. We have neither money nor time to do otherwise.

Galen
Kliko
We'll manage smokin.gif
klinktastic
WE are getting paid 10k to just meet. Could we parley that into some licenses, SINs, passports, visas, or whatever the hell we need?
galenbd
Sure, only if you already have that up front. I guess we could contact the Johnson and ask him to front the travel arrangements. That might hit our rep though.

Galen
ntwi
I believe the Fake SIN costs are found in the table on page 239 of SR3. While the table is titled "Creating a Credstick", on the top of the page in the paragraph titled Using a Forged Credstick it gives more detail on the Fake SIN/Credstick.

Rating 1-4 = Rating x Rating X 1,000
5-8 = Rating x 5,000
9-12 = Rating x 10,000
13+ = Rating x 50,000

These numbers would make this an expensive proposition, as we would be purchasing entire new IDs, not something most of us had budgeted for.

On a side note, one of my SINs is a CAS citizen. Does he have the ability to visit the CAS sector without special visas? On the same note, would my UCAS SINs be able to visit the UCAS sector without a problem? This may enable us to hop the walls between sector but be "legal" within the appropiate sectors.
klinktastic
If you can get thru, might as well send you in. Johnson didn't say he needed to meet us all.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Dec 20 2010, 02:04 PM) *
I believe the Fake SIN costs are found in the table on page 239 of SR3. While the table is titled "Creating a Credstick", on the top of the page in the paragraph titled Using a Forged Credstick it gives more detail on the Fake SIN/Credstick.

Rating 1-4 = Rating x Rating X 1,000
5-8 = Rating x 5,000
9-12 = Rating x 10,000
13+ = Rating x 50,000

These numbers would make this an expensive proposition, as we would be purchasing entire new IDs, not something most of us had budgeted for.

On a side note, one of my SINs is a CAS citizen. Does he have the ability to visit the CAS sector without special visas? On the same note, would my UCAS SINs be able to visit the UCAS sector without a problem? This may enable us to hop the walls between sector but be "legal" within the appropiate sectors.

Yeah... that is creating a whole new SIN, not modifying one. I am thinking paying someone to go in and modify the information on the ID, like you would on your smart phone. It is a lot cheaper to tell your iphone, evo, android, etc. to do something it isn't supposed to, than to buy a brand new one complete with those modifications. You guys all have SINs and/or fake SINs that can much cheaper be modified in the system.

I thought there was something else, and I will look into the North America book if I can find it. Thanks.

Kliko
Easiest way to deal with this is have Jamie deck some megacorp subsidiary and get our SIN's enrolled on some project in the CAS-sector...

That should be workable.
galenbd
There are several large mountains in southern CAS sector. We could include those in our hiking plans.

Galen
ntwi
Regarding my previous questions about CAS or UCAS SINs needing visa for their respective sectors, the following is from Sprawl Survival Guide pg 62. This is talking in general, and not Denver specifically though.

NAN citizens traveling to other NAN countries do not need visas, nor do the CAS and UCAS require them from each others’ citizens. Some nations, like California, simply don’t bother with visas, usually because they have a hard time keeping people out of their country anyway (or in some cases, keeping them in). Visas can be applied for online or in the flesh at a consulate or embassy.
Sprawl Survival Guide pg 62

Before I can give Dorian Grey an answer, I need to know if my UCAS or CAS SINs will enable me to pass through their respective sectors without a visa. I had specified UCAS and CAS citizenship on my rating 4 and rating 6 SINs respectively, and am curious if that will help me in Denver.
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Dec 21 2010, 09:21 AM) *
Regarding my previous questions about CAS or UCAS SINs needing visa for their respective sectors, the following is from Sprawl Survival Guide pg 62. This is talking in general, and not Denver specifically though.

Before I can give Dorian Grey an answer, I need to know if my UCAS or CAS SINs will enable me to pass through their respective sectors without a visa. I had specified UCAS and CAS citizenship on my rating 4 and rating 6 SINs respectively, and am curious if that will help me in Denver.

Denver does require extreme measures in crossing boarders, as does Ute to Ute Sector per the Denver source book. Did you have any trouble passing from CFS to Ute?
galenbd
It didn't seem like we did. But we had our documentation in order. Per your information, I always expected moving in Denver to be complicated.

Since we are having trouble finding rulebook information about this, perhaps you should just decide what we would need to do to keep from arousing suspicion. Whether or not you decide to share that with us is your prerogative.

Galen
Kliko
I think that whatever we do, we should be creative.
[ Spoiler ]
klinktastic
I'm down with whatever you think will work. I'm going to metagame here a bit, but couldn't we try coyotes to smuggle us from sector to sector?
Kliko
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 22 2010, 03:07 PM) *
I'm down with whatever you think will work. I'm going to metagame here a bit, but couldn't we try coyotes to smuggle us from sector to sector?
When a firm job evolves we'll ask the Johnson for some guidance or perhaps a smuggler contact. Sounds workable right?
klinktastic
Sounds about right. I mean if he's bringing in outside help, he has probably thought of the potential pitfalls we might run into. I'm sure he'll offer some help, for a reduction in fee I'm sure.
ntwi
OOC, the only walls that seem like a challenge to hop are the Ute and the PCC because of their magical/spirit guards. The CAS and UCAS descriptions seem quite easy to get people and personal gear back and forth across with minimal risk. Vehicles are a tad more difficult for me to magic across. (Improved Invisibility + Levitate should get people across no problem, just gotta time it right on the astral and go high enough to dodge the ultrasound if its around).

If we can get into the Ute Sector and then the Free Zone, I should be able to get us across the wall to the meet, or just a couple of us over the wall and then catch a taxi to the meet location.
Mister Juan
Hey guys!
Just wanted to drop by real quick for a happy holidays wink.gif

If Bastard wants me back, I could turn up a short time after christmas has come and gone (time to nurse the hangover)
Kliko
QUOTE (ntwi @ Dec 22 2010, 07:35 PM) *
just gotta time it right on the astral and go high enough to dodge the ultrasound if its around.

Did I mention Kliko has a detector/distorter for the ultrasound yet?

Welcome back Juan!

@Bastard: Can you move us forward?
Kliko
I'm going to be away from a computer for the next few days (until 31 december). Feel free to move forward and NPC Kliko if necessary.
Bastard
Yes... sorry... busy holiday... plus I just went back to work last week!

Can I get a detailed plan that you all agree on?

How are you crossing each border?

What roads you take will determine which sectors you cross.
Kliko
Summary:

- Kliko and Felix hop the border into Ute Denver FR, hop border into CAS-sector, meet Johnson and see whether a workable job-prospect develops.

Pls edit if I get this wrong guys. The alternative is to enter the Ute Denfrer FR and just hop the one border with Kliko and Felix, depending on the visa-specifics.

-EDIT-
@Bastard: You changed jobs?
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Dec 27 2010, 02:03 AM) *
Summary:

- Kliko and Felix hop the border into Ute Denver FR, hop border into CAS-sector, meet Johnson and see whether a workable job-prospect develops.

Pls edit if I get this wrong guys. The alternative is to enter the Ute Denfrer FR and just hop the one border with Kliko and Felix, depending on the visa-specifics.
So you are going to drive over the Rockies, stop a mile short, then go on foot?

Where are you leaving your vehicle and where is the second group going to be during this? At the rest stop also, or staying at Grand Junction?

QUOTE (Kliko @ Dec 27 2010, 02:03 AM) *
@Bastard: You changed jobs?
No, was off work. Department supervisor would not let me work light duty because he is a cocktard. So I made it through my physical on Tuesday and am "able" to work now.
galenbd
QUOTE (Bastard @ Dec 27 2010, 05:27 AM) *
So you are going to drive over the Rockies, stop a mile short, then go on foot?

Where are you leaving your vehicle and where is the second group going to be during this? At the rest stop also, or staying at Grand Junction?

I thought we would be able to get both vehicles into the Denver Ute Sector. We could set up some sort of base of operations there. Both vehicles could stay with Jamie and Corsair. Then Felix and Kliko could walk into the Free Range Zone and out into the Denver CAS sector.

How is the Outrider group staying in touch with the Base? Radio? Cellphone?

Galen
Bastard
Thanks Galen, these are some of the questions I need too.

I dont want to bump you guys ahead, have you run into an issue, then get, well we would not have done that, or we meant to do this or that. I want to have a good idea what the plan is so I can push forward without making assumptions for too many things.
ntwi
My understanding of the situation follows:

1. Our Visas will allow us into the Ute Sector of Denver. Everyone enters the Ute Sector.
2.a. Kliko and Felix enter the Free Trade Zone on foot. (IIRC, no need to sneak across, just stroll in)
2.b. Everyone else finds a nice parking garage and stops for a meal, no need to set up camp as we don't know where we'll end up yet. Possibly purchase a new prepaid cell phone.
3. Kliko and Felix magic and sneak their way across the CAS wall and hire a taxi to the meet.
4. After the meet, Kliko and Felix call the rest of the team on either an encrypted radio or purchase a new prepaid cell phone, call the other new phone, have the conversation and chuck the phones in the trash. (or simply sim cards rather than complete phones)
5. Develop plans necessary to complete the run once we learn what the job is.
galenbd
Prepaid cellphone may not be required. Jamie can connect callers in the Matrix preventing the calls from being tapped. I'd need to be online to do that. Anyone who wants to tap the comcall would need to go through me.

Galen

ntwi
Just trying to keep things real simple to avoid random problems or delays. It wasn't to avoid tapping directly so much as trying to avoid the pattern of data linking the characters to the area and time when things happen. It's the paranoia that I tend to give my characters about things they don't understand very well.
Bastard
Okay, once Kliko and Kinktastic are in on the plan I will bump forward to Denver. Bubba is just following along.

BTW - Welcome back JC! Email me when you are ready to rejoin. I have Ludi sitting back in Cal waiting to join the team upon Kliko's call. You can write her reasoning for staying behind however you want.
klinktastic
Yup, good to go.
Kliko
QUOTE (ntwi @ Dec 27 2010, 03:17 PM) *

1. Our Visas will allow us into the Ute Sector of Denver. Everyone enters the Ute Sector.
2.a. Kliko and Felix enter the Free Trade Zone on foot. (IIRC, no need to sneak across, just stroll in)
2.b. Everyone else finds a nice parking garage and stops for a meal, no need to set up camp as we don't know where we'll end up yet. Possibly purchase a new prepaid cell phone.
3. Kliko and Felix magic and sneak their way across the CAS wall and hire a taxi to the meet.
4. After the meet, Kliko and Felix call the rest of the team on either an encrypted radio or purchase a new prepaid cell phone, call the other new phone, have the conversation and chuck the phones in the trash. (or simply sim cards rather than complete phones)

Looks like a plan to me, lets rumble!
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
@Bastard
I'll be good to go on the 2nd of next year wink.gif Going to giant party on the 31st, so I'll give myself at least 24hours to nurse my hangover.

Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 30 2010, 10:58 AM) *
I'll be good to go on the 2nd of next year wink.gif Going to giant party on the 31st, so I'll give myself at least 24hours to nurse my hangover.

JC -
Good planning!

When you are ready, can you make sure you include details of Ludi's lag. Was she collecting info, or running a day behind, etc, etc. Thanks

EVERYONE -
I got you guys ready for the bump and will have a post up by Sunday (aiming for Saturday). Just got home from work, and I got to get in early tomorrow, then head off to a party as soon as I get home... so I may be in the same boat as Mr. Juan. Hopefully someone else is at the helm!

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, festive Kwanzaa, wonderful Boxing Day, spectacular Festivus, or whatever holidays you celebrated! Happy New Year everyone! rollin.gif
Bastard
QUOTE (ntwi @ Dec 27 2010, 11:17 AM) *

1 - Possibly, depending on it passing security - plus your illegal gear passing through any scans
2a - Free Trade Zone? Or Front Range Free Zone, which is all of Denver, which is also known as the Mile High City.
Mister Juan
My head is solid on my shoulders, and I've read up on everything that's been posted since I left. I'll try to come up with something to post tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll be a good read also.
Kliko
Got some deadlines to meet.

Will try and have a post up tonight/tomorrow.
ntwi
Anything astral at the checkpoint?
Bastard
Please make rolls based on your IC posts and OoC questions when you post. If you are not sure what to roll, make your best guess and if that is not the one I want, then I will ask for a new roll. This will speed up the process.

Thus if you post you are attempting to sneak past the guards for example, add an OoC with a couple stealth rolls, some perception tests, and quickness tests, just in case.

Thanks!
Kliko
Etiquette-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Stealth-test:
[ Spoiler ]

Negotiation-test:
[ Spoiler ]
ntwi
My apologies for the incomplete posting. From my reading of the rules regarding astral perception, there really wasn't a need for a roll, although an astral guard could be attempting to hide their presence I suppose. If there is no astral security, Felix will use a mindprobe to read the correct answers/statements from the guards mind. Otherwise he'll do his best to simple reassure/talk his way through the normal checkpoint operation.

[ Spoiler ]

It takes only a Free Action to see anything actually present
in astral space like spirits, barriers and other astral forms, and
does not require a Perception Test unless an astral being is
specifically trying to hide from you.

I'll get an IC post for this up tomorrow, but I'm visiting my in laws right now and been abit busy
Bastard
First of all, always assume the worst and roll. That way I do not have to state, hey, he is hiding, so you you have to roll. Roll either way. That way, I do not have to give spoilers, and if the roll is needed, it is already there, without having to give a spoiler.

Felix spots one watcher spirit, and a free spirit was wandering around, but left quickly for some reason.

ntwi
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back. Morning sickness has hit my wife pretty hard while we've been visiting family and that's made life a tad busy, although not as busy as it will be in another 8 months.
Kliko
@ntwi: Congrats!
SneakyJoeKDB
Way to go! Soon another gamer will be born.
Kliko
@Bastard: Kliko will check his motorbay at the next big gas stations parking lot.
[ Spoiler ]

Feel free to roll us forward to our border hop.
galenbd
Were we done at the travel office? Any rolls to get those passes submitted?

Galen
Bastard
Yes. Need an Intelligence Test from everyone.
Bastard
Double post.
Kliko
Intelligence-check:
[ Spoiler ]
galenbd
Jamie Int Check

[7,4,4,4,2,1]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012