Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Kliko
The one I sent to you early march. I forwarded it again, so you should find it in your inbox nyahnyah.gif about right now.

-Edit-

IC-post will be up in the course of this evening/tomorrow.
Bastard
I have to search for it in my inbox - I never clean it!

I see you have one set of over whites, what about the others?
Kliko
All mighty GM handwavium? ohplease.gif . I see irl they cost approx $20-30, so nuyen can't be the issue.
Bastard
Nuyen is not the issue...

...making sure that you planned ahead, and are not now thinking "hey, we ALL should be camouflaged" is the issue. grinbig.gif
Kliko
Exactly! fortunately the other teammembers will now make for more attractive targets in case the shit hits the fan rotfl.gif . Essential survival criteria for any self-respecting orc grunt eek.gif.

-Edit-
Feel free to move forward Bastard
Bastard
When are your bombs set to go off?
Kliko
an hour and a half after we leave Camp Whitney (presuming it's a two hour climb).
Bastard
mad.gif Grrrr.... my scanner printer is giving me some shit. mad.gif

I am trying to scan and send you guys a little map of the area, but my scanner does not want to send it to my computer and I cannot find my little flash stick I put in there. rotate.gif

I may have to excel one up and email that.
Kliko
No problem. We'll let the Battletac draw up a tactical chart of the surroundings (it should be able to do that with all the sensory input). What's even more interesting is whether we have the capability to model - and edit the Lodges interior as we proceed (for tactical purposes).
Bastard
Ok... I am going to try and get you a map here tonight... been real busy - on my 7th day of 11 of 12 days (and 14 of 16) stretch at work (12 hours - except friday I worked 16)... need that OT money. I am also in the middle of trying to refinance my house and my office/computer room is a paper storm right now! Wish me luck on my refinance!
Kliko
Well, interest rates are extremely low. As a banker myself I can tell you that financial markets have turner schizophrenic.

-Edit-
Are there any other exits/entry's to the lodge and what can we see of the intererior from outside?
Bastard
Not from your standpoint. That is not to say there are not any other entrance/exit points.

Are you waiting on me to IC?
Kliko
Waiting for Relentless' ok to continue/join the run. After that Bubba and Kliko head out for a recon of the premises circling the Lodge. RG and Relentless can analyse the Battletac video feeds (through Kliko's cybernetic sensorsy output/input) for possible security measures (allowing for extended tests) in the mean time. Secondly this should free up some actions with Kliko and Bubba who are busy sneaking their way around the Lodge.

We join up at the berm and decide on tactics etc for sneaking in the Lodge before making our approach.

All-out-assault is of course a last/final resort contigency.
SneakyJoeKDB
It may be worth it to send in an astral scout... or at least get an idea on magic barriers/ spirits that may be guarding or providing security. I imagine we will be dealing with more magic here.
Kliko
Good idea, but that's really V's department wink.gif . I figure he/she will beproviding astral cover for us.
Bastard
Ok, I sent an updated map of Hestaby's Lodge.

It will take you about 15-20 minutes to circle the whole thing and stay stealthy.

Go ahead and make three stealth rolls and three perception tests

Feel free to post IC.
Kliko
Stealth-check:
[ Spoiler ]

Perception:
[ Spoiler ]

I will put up an IC-post in the course of the day
SneakyJoeKDB

Stealth-check:
[ Spoiler ]

Perception:
[ Spoiler ]

Bastard
OK... updated map emailed.

I will post after you then Kliko.
Kliko
IC is up. I left out timestamps since the charges are set to detonate at approx 3:45-4:00 which is effectively during our recon. This leaves Bastard (I really should have called this character Kenny, from Southpark) some room to include them going of in the next post (or not, up to you).
SneakyJoeKDB
No that we can stop the explosives now... but the explosives going off ought to make things very interesting... eek.gif
Kliko
Well, the blast itself ain't much. Considering the distance and that it's only 5x 3-7M Damage (a concussion grenade is 12M stun). Are you going to post next Sneaky? Or shall I write our way back into the berm?

Also note I will be hiking in the Ardennes from thursday to sunday, and will be offline until at least Sunday evening CET.
SneakyJoeKDB
The blast may seem small but we are on a mountain range (great for carrying sound) with lots of snow to boot. Could be exciting times!

I dont plan on adding to the IC, Bubba is just tagging along and without any updates on what we are seeing or hearing etc. I dont have much to add. I was hoping Bastard would give us a run down on the recon etc. so we can formulate a strategy and get into the lodge.
Kliko
Ok, lets see what the bottle bombs do:
[ Spoiler ]

-EDIT-
We'll formulate a strategy when we regroup back at the berm.
Bastard
You are regrouped. Go ahead and feel free to move/post.
SneakyJoeKDB
What does the team have in the way of skills and equipment for bypassing maglock doors or muffling cameras?
Kliko
Relentless indicated he had some B/E skills to bypass maglocks. The camera's are going to be trickier. Perhaps V can summon a spirit to conceal us or use a spell?
SneakyJoeKDB
Aaron can you give us a run down on some useful skills/spells/ technology that our party has so we can strategize effectively?
Bastard
Sure... in the IC! vegm.gif
Bastard
i added to my IC post last night... in case you have not checked.
Bastard
Move in when ready. V's spirits will be up, you can IC post for her if you need to.

Sending you updated map.

You set those MRE bombs to go off at 345 right? I still dont understand why you want to set them off, BEFORE the raid.

Kliko
Distraction... perhaps they will send out a team to investigate. Its probaply not the smartest move with hindsight, but then again we'll have to roll with this as we go.

-EDIT-
Bastard can you give an OC update of the Lodges interior? What do we see and/or hear?
SneakyJoeKDB
I assume I will need to roll these:

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

Stealth
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
The entrance leads to a hallway with nothing but another door at the end. Bubba spots one camera bubble above that door.
Kliko
I will delay my post until Sneaky sees an opportunity to post again.
SneakyJoeKDB
I edited my first post with the new information... Bubba's looking at you kliko
Kliko
Hehe, well Kliko is wearing a security helmet. Le's get Relentless work on these security camera's shall we. IC-post will be up in half an hour.
SneakyJoeKDB
rotfl.gif Updated IC... the old Bubba is back! rotfl.gif
Kliko
Now that's some fucking adaptability we're talking about eek.gif. Lets see how hot a decker Relentless is...

-EDIT-
OMFG, we're going to die! wink.gif I will post in the course of tomorrow.
Kliko
Bastard what can I hear from behind the hallways south-exit? Sounds? large room, small room, people, machines, whirring fans, the works... I will edit my post as soon as I have a general picture of the room or hallway beyond.

[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
Can you move your roll/spoiler to the ooc thread.

Description of room being entered in the IC...
Bastard
You are in the second hallway, entering the south door, right?
SneakyJoeKDB
No, we are in the second hallway entering the 2 east doors. Or at least that is where Bubba was headed.
Bastard
ok... you and Kliko get on the same page and let me know what door you are opening.
SneakyJoeKDB
I am guessing, but the doors to the east would lead to a nice office size room. So I would prefer to clear the East side before heading South.
Kliko
Kliko is securing/ covering the second hallway and/or Relentless. Position is next to the second hallways south door (listening out the door for sounds on the other side).

I'm unsure either Bubba or Duster have battletac receivers, but Kliko will generally follow any instructions relayed through RG (who is I presume activally following us through the battletac master-unit), trusting the battletac analysis for purposes of determining how many bipeds are walking around the figurative corner. I imagine it resulting in somewhat of an abstract wall-hack (fps) like digital overlay functionality.

I leave the room and buildings structural lay-out again for the Gnome to decide. The windows in the north and south-west parts of the Lodge are really to big to be offices. Our best bet are rooms in the middle of the building or the south-east corner

Preferably the battletac designates Duster to cover the hall and have Kliko and Bubba sweep the rooms. But that would be a bit of meta-gaming on my part.
Bastard
Who has the master Battle Tach?

I don't believe it will find bodies through walls... but i will double check Cannon Companion.

Go ahead and decide what door you are opening... you can do this via IC or OoC... and I will follow up accordingly.
Kliko
I gather RG has a/the master-unit.

Capability really depends...

It can construct a "Comprehensive picture of the tactical situation" through data analysis from sensory input (which is automatically uploaded from cybernetic senses in combination with the battletac cyberlink). I imagine sounds (footsteps for example) being one of various sensory inputs (others being visual input, gps and orientation system), will give you an approximation of approaching subjects (depending on the quality of sensory input).

The extend of "mapping features, enemy identification and positioning" is basically up to GM-fiat. But effectively Battletac is able to analyze and perhaps visualize footsteps based on a tactical database of sounds (for example specific vehicle types/classes, known critters, metahumans/bipeds, weight-analysis etc.).

Yes, Battletac rocks...

-EDIT-

We'll first check the north-east room before moving to the next one. Kliko listens prior to whatever sort of entry, of particularly interest is the whirring noise of computer fans. That should be possible with the high-frequency audio and shotgun mic mods Kliko got. If there ain't no whirring noise, there ain't no computers biggrin.gif, we got the wrong room.
Bastard
Yeah, it is not very clearly written how it does all this. I would assume it has some sort of sensor. It is definitely not ultrasound, I would guess some sort of FLIR system. Maybe high end thermo can see through walls, but not all systems do.

We will assume this uses FLIR and can penetrated thin walls and in combination with its other features it can wrap around walls and make computerized guestimations that are around 90% accurate.

Sound good?

I am going to update the map with numbers on the doors... to make it easier.
Kliko
Sure enough. Imagine you're sitting in a class room and can't see the hallway, you do hear someone walking along the corridor. Extrapolate from there on a basis of 50 yrs. in software- and sensor technology advances and you probaply get the picture of what I have in mind.

Or imagine you can hear these MBT's in the next valley, another soldier 100 m to your right hears same MBT's and Battletac uses both sensory inputs and locations (from the soldiers GPS) to cross-locate said MBT location... oh and of course determine type based on the engine noise....

I will post IC, looks like we'll have to take the south hallway exit. There is nothing behind these doors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012